Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ajax 07:49 - Sep 25 with 6178 viewscpgerber

I was at the Ajax-Feyenoord game yesterday with my daughter. Assume most of you have read and/or seen what happened.

Absolutely mental what the club has done. Appointed a new foreign director who totally ignored all input from the coach and spent 110m on players no-one has heard of before. Top of the list of crazy things is the 12m he spent on Akpom, who has (from the few minutes I have seen him play here) been totally useless and clearly out of his depth. Middlesborough must be having a very good chuckle about that one.

The director is now under investigation also, seems like one of his own companies benefited from these transfers, which would explain a lot of this madness.

We are always complaining about manager gets what manager wants, but this is a rare case of the exact opposite. This is going to take some time to put right. Club has lost its identity with all these no-name foreign mercenaries.

(Coach and director not on speaking terms now. Someone going to get axed soon)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 7:50]
Ajax on 08:24 - Sep 25 with 6067 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw that the game was abandoned due to the flares on the pitch,and also that there was trouble outside the stadium,but I thought that was just how certain games went in the Netherlands.
I hope you and you’re daughter are ok.They always seemed to be winning titles and playing champions league games so I was suprised to see them fall so far this season.

I did the stadium tour about 20 years ago and I was very impressed with it all.Very steep though,especially at the back of the stands.I’m not sure I’d want to walk up and down to the toilets after a few Amstels.
Ajax on 09:00 - Sep 25 with 5962 viewscpgerber

Crowd issues flared up last year. Ajax player was struck on the head with an object last year in the away match at Feyenoord with a huge cut on his head. But several other games disrupted by stuff being thrown on the pitches and, in some cases, pitch invasions. Its a mess at the moment.

I have my own theories about the youth of today and the total lack of discipline they are allowed to grow up with here in NL, which leads to this behaviour of total disrespect and self entitlement. But that's a subject for another day

p.s. we're fine thanks, didn't even notice anything strange as we were leaving, only saw video footage when we got home.
Ajax on 09:05 - Sep 25 with 5937 viewsSydneyRs

A real shame as they were always the club who brought through great young players. Not just Chelsea wasting fortunes on dross then.

Maybe we should send them Willock's highlights reel?
Ajax on 10:45 - Sep 25 with 5762 viewscpgerber

That came sooner than I expected... DOF fired.
Ajax on 11:25 - Sep 25 with 5624 viewsthemodfather

well haven't seen footage but surely time ACROSS europe to SEARCH fans on entry due to the volume of fireworks/flares brought in, wasn't there once a motor scooter thrown at a milan derby?? simply search fans as we do here. i ask do they have "bans" in europe, it took effect here. ??
danny dyer is probably getting ready for another international firm tv documentary .
Ajax on 11:43 - Sep 25 with 5578 viewsBoston

What's impressive about yer Dutch football hooligan is they can chant 'your gonna get your fckin heads kicked in' in seven different languages.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ajax on 13:29 - Sep 25 with 5358 viewscpgerber

I was actually body searched upon entry. Clearly there are loopholes, or people working on the inside.
Ajax on 14:43 - Sep 25 with 5194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ajax on 13:29 - Sep 25 by cpgerber

I was actually body searched upon entry. Clearly there are loopholes, or people working on the inside.

People worked inside your loophole?

Now THAT's a body search.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Ajax on 16:04 - Sep 25 with 4991 viewsSheffieldHoop

I found the stewarding at Ajax strange when I went for a game a few years back
Had been in Resin all day watching Prem games (as you do in Amsterdam) then went to the ground for an evening kick off.
Was in the dreaded rip-off tourist section after my attempts to get tickets behind the goal fell flat
On the way in, loads of people, mostly English football types, getting stopped and searched quite thoroughly, empty pockets etc. Quite a lot getting caught with coke and being turned away which is understandable, but also a few with weed got turned away (Or had it confiscated) which surprised me.
The closer I got, the more it seemed like more people were being turned away than were being let in, even after the game had started, still dozens queueing and the stewards' only response to this was to move even slower.
At this point I'm thinking fck this, don't want anything confiscated, might just go back and watch on TV, was fcking cold, but a 60 Euro ticket and the wait for a train back to Central put me off leaving, so tried my luck.
Just as I'm walking up, a new steward appeared on duty, he just patted me down and waved me through, even tho I was carrying a big metal grinder and a bunch of zoot holders which he definitely could tell were there.
Meanwhile, the Steward next to us is threatening to call the police on some poor Sunderland fan because he found his little green plastic grinder, and apparently bringing that stuff to a football ground is a severe criminal offence? And it's obviously very important for British football fans to learn this lesson 30 minutes into a match we've all paid 60 Euros to watch. And all the while there's STILL a massive queue to get in.

Then you get into the ground and it's like the section behind the goal is just a free for all, smoke bombs, flares, fireworks, the lot. The game ended 4-4 vs Heerenveen, but it was 3-1 by the time I got in. Not in any rush to go back there.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Ajax on 16:16 - Sep 25 with 4977 viewsNorthernr

£12m for Chuba Akpom should be setting off an alarm at Interpol you can hear from space.
Ajax on 17:57 - Sep 25 with 4786 viewsBoston

Ajax on 16:04 - Sep 25 by SheffieldHoop

I found the stewarding at Ajax strange when I went for a game a few years back
Had been in Resin all day watching Prem games (as you do in Amsterdam) then went to the ground for an evening kick off.
Was in the dreaded rip-off tourist section after my attempts to get tickets behind the goal fell flat
On the way in, loads of people, mostly English football types, getting stopped and searched quite thoroughly, empty pockets etc. Quite a lot getting caught with coke and being turned away which is understandable, but also a few with weed got turned away (Or had it confiscated) which surprised me.
The closer I got, the more it seemed like more people were being turned away than were being let in, even after the game had started, still dozens queueing and the stewards' only response to this was to move even slower.
At this point I'm thinking fck this, don't want anything confiscated, might just go back and watch on TV, was fcking cold, but a 60 Euro ticket and the wait for a train back to Central put me off leaving, so tried my luck.
Just as I'm walking up, a new steward appeared on duty, he just patted me down and waved me through, even tho I was carrying a big metal grinder and a bunch of zoot holders which he definitely could tell were there.
Meanwhile, the Steward next to us is threatening to call the police on some poor Sunderland fan because he found his little green plastic grinder, and apparently bringing that stuff to a football ground is a severe criminal offence? And it's obviously very important for British football fans to learn this lesson 30 minutes into a match we've all paid 60 Euros to watch. And all the while there's STILL a massive queue to get in.

Then you get into the ground and it's like the section behind the goal is just a free for all, smoke bombs, flares, fireworks, the lot. The game ended 4-4 vs Heerenveen, but it was 3-1 by the time I got in. Not in any rush to go back there.

I wouldn't let anyone into a ground carrying an angle grinder either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ajax on 16:01 - Sep 27 with 4286 viewscpgerber

They played out the game today, Feyenoord added another to win 4-0.

Post match analyse made special mention of how (in my words) totally rubbish Akpom was and what a dudd purchase he was. Everyone was baffled how Ajax decided to replace Dusan Tadic with this plonker.

I guess he can look forward to a loan spell somewhere pretty soon.
Ajax on 00:28 - Dec 22 with 3390 viewsNorthernr

Ajax on 16:16 - Sep 25 by Northernr

£12m for Chuba Akpom should be setting off an alarm at Interpol you can hear from space.

Dumped out of the Dutch cup by a fourth tier side for the first time in history tonight...

Ajax on 02:01 - Dec 22 with 3258 viewsDannyPaddox

Oonbelievables Jan!
Ajax on 02:33 - Dec 22 with 3236 viewsFredManRave

Ajax on 16:16 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Maybe it did but there was nobody in space at the time to hear it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ajax on 08:38 - Dec 22 with 3001 viewsSK_hoops

Ajax on 00:28 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Dumped out of the Dutch cup by a fourth tier side for the first time in history tonight...

Vauxhall motors vibes.
Ajax on 09:30 - Dec 22 with 2901 viewsNushnool

"Ajax coach John van 't Schip missed the game because he is in Australia to attend his son's wedding."

I'm sure that will go down well.
Ajax on 12:56 - Dec 22 with 2668 viewsDannyPaddox

Abandon Schip!
Ajax on 13:08 - Dec 22 with 2637 viewsflynnbo

Ajax on 00:28 - Dec 22 by Northernr

A story to warm the old cockles.
Ajax on 13:10 - Dec 22 with 2622 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really love Ajax with their too-cool-for-school jersies, but then they really annoy me too with their constant bickering and bitching.

I'm torn.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ajax on 14:49 - Dec 22 with 2506 viewsPaddyhoops

Get Shteve mclaren in . Big success there and speaks perfect Dutch.
Ajax on 16:06 - Dec 22 with 2386 viewsQPRSteve

Ajax on 14:49 - Dec 22 by Paddyhoops

Get Shteve mclaren in . Big success there and speaks perfect Dutch.

Sounds more like an ideal posting for our old friend 'Arry.
Ajax on 16:17 - Dec 22 with 2343 viewsDannyPaddox

Ajax on 16:06 - Dec 22 by QPRSteve

Sounds more like an ideal posting for our old friend 'Arry.

I expect to see Boily McBoily-Face ostentatiously glad-handing at their next home game.
Ajax on 16:24 - Dec 22 with 2321 viewsQPRSteve

Ajax on 16:17 - Dec 22 by DannyPaddox

I expect to see Boily McBoily-Face ostentatiously glad-handing at their next home game.

I heard is power point presentation had already winged itself to the Ajax boardroom even while he was professing his undying loyalty to all things Maccam.

Just think, if he did get the job then it would not be long before Ajax started buying in copious amounts of a product with the same name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024