Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrys excuse 15:29 - Feb 25 with 7068 viewsqprichard

PAUL WARBURTON

QPR boss blames failed transfer deals
25 Feb 2014 10:00

Redknapp rues missing out on top January targets

Too expensive: QPR pulled the plug on a deal for Inter Milan striker Ishak Belfodil

Harry Redknapp reckons two that got away in the transfer window have cost QPR dear.

Rangers are winless in the last four with stories circulating Michael Laudrup is waiting in the wings to take the 66-year-old manager’s job, although Redknapp remains confident his position isn't under threat.

The outlay that includes £8milllion for crocked Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips along with the club’s ambitions for an instant return to the Premier League would be a poor return if they were marooned in the Championship for another season.

Rangers mustered not a single shot on target during the 1-0 defeat to Charlton on Saturday, with Redknapp insisting all strikers signed before the deadline were a ‘gamble.’

The club was hoping to land Serie A hotshot Ishak Belfodil and Auxerre star Paul-Georges Ntep.

Neither deal happened demanding last-minute wheeler dealing for Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Will Keane (Manchester United) and Modibo Maiga (West Ham) that has produced just three goals in four games from the trio.

At the double: Doyle has scored twice in four games

“Everything we did in the transfer window was a gamble," said Redknapp.

"We thought we had the boy from Milan coming and the left-winger from Auxerre who looked like a world-beater — and suddenly they don’t come, and then you're left scrambling about.”

www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-blames-failed-transfer-6740496?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"F1 and the English league are phenomenally successful sports watched around the world. That’s a huge captive market. Having AirAsia and Tune Hotels beamed straight into people’s homes is more powerful than putting out a print ad.”
“Sport helps to put the Tune out there. Branding impacts the bottom line, even if you can’t measure it. The aura of our brand has attracted a lot of partnerships and sports is a large part of that aura.” - QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes on owning QPR and Caterham
Harrys excuse on 12:50 - Feb 26 with 1212 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 12:26 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't really agree with that, Dave, to be honest.

Players value loyalty, specially in public, and they can sniff a solo-merchant a mile off.

I know what you're saying with the last line, but I find that the opposite can also be true and can be very effective. I remember when Blackburn were going for the title. They blew a big game away from home and the players looked stagestruck. You feared for their bottle for the rest of the run-in. Dalglish promptly went on telly and in to print taking the blame for the performance and defeat, saying that he changed the tactics, that it was his fault, and that he wouldn't make that mistake again. The headlines were changed. Instead of talk of bottle, he had changed the narrative to talk of his 'mistake'. I thought it a masterstroke, one of the defining moments of their success, and the players must have loved him for it.

Anyway, just my point of view, doctors differ, and all that...

He's not really had a pop at any of the players, just said he after they missed out on targets they were left scrambling around. he didn't say they were crap or not wanted just that it all ended up being last minute. Unless the new players are completely stupid they will be aware of that as they all signed on deadline day and if this sort of line upsets them then god help us
Harrys excuse on 13:07 - Feb 26 with 1194 viewsA40Bosh

Harrys excuse on 12:50 - Feb 26 by daveB

He's not really had a pop at any of the players, just said he after they missed out on targets they were left scrambling around. he didn't say they were crap or not wanted just that it all ended up being last minute. Unless the new players are completely stupid they will be aware of that as they all signed on deadline day and if this sort of line upsets them then god help us

+1

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Harrys excuse on 13:20 - Feb 26 with 1167 viewsJuzzie

Harrys excuse on 11:50 - Feb 26 by daveB

We played 3-5-2 last week

Did we?

Hughes/Hill/Dunne/Onuoha - seems like a flat back four to me.

Traore/Jenas/Carroll/Hoillet - 4 in midfield

Morrison/Doyle - two upfront or Morrison behind Doyle in a 4-4-1-1

Not that it worked though, zero shots on target!

I'm just saying we should stick with an attacking formation and go for it, that's all.
Harrys excuse on 13:21 - Feb 26 with 1166 viewsR_from_afar

Harrys excuse on 12:34 - Feb 26 by Hunterhoop

Also, training is lacking intensity. This has come second hand from a member of the youth coaching set up. Training is very similar to how we come across in matches: 2nd gear, no urgency, general passing, no one busting a gut. Redknapp is rarely there, Bond doesn't get too involved, Jordon takes the outfield training and Hitchock the keepers.

Apparently Will Keane has even commented to coaching staff over the lack of intensity compared to Man Utd. Supposedly he was flabbergasted at the standard.

Don't see why I should doubt this. No reason for this bloke to lie to his mate, who told me. It completely backs up what we've seen on the pitch all season and why certain players don't appear to have got any leaner or fitter.

Wholly unacceptable if true...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harrys excuse on 13:44 - Feb 26 with 1146 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harrys excuse on 12:50 - Feb 26 by daveB

I can't see how they'd infer anything else from it but that, to be honest. Absolutely no reason for this kind of comment from him, whether it affects players a little, a lot or not at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harrys excuse on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 1140 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 13:20 - Feb 26 by Juzzie

Did we?

Hughes/Hill/Dunne/Onuoha - seems like a flat back four to me.

Traore/Jenas/Carroll/Hoillet - 4 in midfield

Morrison/Doyle - two upfront or Morrison behind Doyle in a 4-4-1-1

Not that it worked though, zero shots on target!

I'm just saying we should stick with an attacking formation and go for it, that's all.

I think it ended up being 4-4-1-1 but we started the game with a 3-5-2 as Traore and Hughes were the wing backs.
Harrys excuse on 14:03 - Feb 26 with 1126 viewsJuzzie

Harrys excuse on 13:50 - Feb 26 by daveB

I think it ended up being 4-4-1-1 but we started the game with a 3-5-2 as Traore and Hughes were the wing backs.

Well Hughes' role was pointless as he was afraid to cross! When he got in a position to do so, which he often did, instead of whiping a ball in he stopped and made a short pass to another player giving Charlto time to close that player down.
Harrys excuse on 14:26 - Feb 26 with 1104 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 13:44 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't see how they'd infer anything else from it but that, to be honest. Absolutely no reason for this kind of comment from him, whether it affects players a little, a lot or not at all.

If he came out and said these players were his first choice and he didn't want anyone else we'd call him a liar.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrys excuse on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 1100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harrys excuse on 14:26 - Feb 26 by daveB

If he came out and said these players were his first choice and he didn't want anyone else we'd call him a liar.

He'd also be a fool. Silence is golden on this issue, I suppose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harrys excuse on 14:33 - Feb 26 with 1087 viewsessextaxiboy

Harrys excuse on 11:02 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

All bang on, Antti.

Also - how must the latest players in feel, now taht they know they were merely the result of their new manager being forced to "scramble around".

Kevin Doyle is experienced enough to know that he was not our first or second choice .
Harrys excuse on 14:46 - Feb 26 with 1071 viewsAntti_Heinola

Also, training is lacking intensity. This has come second hand from a member of the youth coaching set up. Training is very similar to how we come across in matches: 2nd gear, no urgency, general passing, no one busting a gut. Redknapp is rarely there, Bond doesn't get too involved, Jordon takes the outfield training and Hitchock the keepers.

Apparently Will Keane has even commented to coaching staff over the lack of intensity compared to Man Utd. Supposedly he was flabbergasted at the standard.

Don't see why I should doubt this. No reason for this bloke to lie to his mate, who told me. It completely backs up what we've seen on the pitch all season and why certain players don't appear to have got any leaner or fitter.

Have been hearing similar too. Barton still disruptive. Jordan & Bond don't like Downes, still big divisions in the camp.
of course harry's rarely at training. was the same at spurs. allegedly.

Bare bones.

Harrys excuse on 14:57 - Feb 26 with 1059 viewsHunterhoop

Harrys excuse on 13:50 - Feb 26 by daveB

I was definitely 3-5-1-1 all game.

Hughes played as a right wing back, as did Traore. The only reason it looked different was Charlton came at us a tad more in the last 20mins and the wing backs dropped deeper.

Green
Onouha Dunne Hill
Hughes Jenas Hoilett Carrol Traore
Morrison
Doyle

Redknapp might argue it was a 3-4-3 with Hoilett and Morrison playing up top with Doyle, but they weren't. They were dropping deep into midfield and picking the ball up from there all the time.

Morrison was definietly more advanced than Hoilett, who didn't appear to have a position. He played everywhere across the midfield, managing to be wholly ineffective everywhere.

It was all very odd. Definitely a back 3 all game. Lots of midfielders, lone striker getting lost and it all resulted with no shots on target although Morrison should have scored two.

There's a reason people think Redknapp is just thrashing around at the minute. The shape and personnel change by the week with no discernible reasoning behind it.
Harrys excuse on 15:47 - Feb 26 with 1025 viewsdaveB

Harrys excuse on 14:28 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

He'd also be a fool. Silence is golden on this issue, I suppose.

and then when he says nothing and sends Bond to talk he gets accused of not caring
Harrys excuse on 15:56 - Feb 26 with 1018 viewsLoft1979

Harrys excuse on 14:57 - Feb 26 by Hunterhoop

I was definitely 3-5-1-1 all game.

Hughes played as a right wing back, as did Traore. The only reason it looked different was Charlton came at us a tad more in the last 20mins and the wing backs dropped deeper.

Green
Onouha Dunne Hill
Hughes Jenas Hoilett Carrol Traore
Morrison
Doyle

Redknapp might argue it was a 3-4-3 with Hoilett and Morrison playing up top with Doyle, but they weren't. They were dropping deep into midfield and picking the ball up from there all the time.

Morrison was definietly more advanced than Hoilett, who didn't appear to have a position. He played everywhere across the midfield, managing to be wholly ineffective everywhere.

It was all very odd. Definitely a back 3 all game. Lots of midfielders, lone striker getting lost and it all resulted with no shots on target although Morrison should have scored two.

There's a reason people think Redknapp is just thrashing around at the minute. The shape and personnel change by the week with no discernible reasoning behind it.

+1
Harrys excuse on 16:38 - Feb 26 with 975 viewssimmo

Harrys excuse on 15:47 - Feb 26 by daveB

and then when he says nothing and sends Bond to talk he gets accused of not caring

By who? When has anybody said that?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harrys excuse on 17:23 - Feb 26 with 934 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harrys excuse on 16:38 - Feb 26 by simmo

By who? When has anybody said that?

to be fair, i did. but there's a difference between talking about a game (that you've lost, poorly) and boringly spouting on about scrabbling about transfers. One is a job he should be doing, one is an extra he doesn't need to bother about.
I feel Redknapp's unwillingness to face the press after a game is a bit odd - in the Prem I think you have to do the press conference whether you want to or not.

Bare bones.

Harrys excuse on 17:47 - Feb 26 with 920 viewsBklynRanger

It's no hard to believe any of that, Hunter. I had the impression that the players were actually quite fit after pre-season, but if the daily intensity has been that much lower for months now they've probably actually lost some fitness, especially those playing less regularly due to injury or (hold onto your ribs) tactical changes.

Why do we have to keep hiring fcuking Executive Footballing Consultants rather than managers who will be there every day and take a proper role in coaching the players?
Harrys excuse on 17:52 - Feb 26 with 918 viewssimmo

Harrys excuse on 17:23 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

to be fair, i did. but there's a difference between talking about a game (that you've lost, poorly) and boringly spouting on about scrabbling about transfers. One is a job he should be doing, one is an extra he doesn't need to bother about.
I feel Redknapp's unwillingness to face the press after a game is a bit odd - in the Prem I think you have to do the press conference whether you want to or not.

He seems to turn up for the Friday press conferences that nobody else even does in this league.

I put him sending Bond out as giving Kevin something to do other than drive him. Make him feel like he actually does something.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harrys excuse on 09:23 - Feb 27 with 861 views00calben

Think we're all beginning to realise why every previous Club he has been at, he is now hated. He's quite a c^nt let's be honest.

However - as stated above - getting rid of him now would be pointless.

At the end of the season the Club needs a complete overhaul with a young, hungry manager - Malky Mackay would be my no1 target. However, this will be the 3rd summer in a row that's been said, and the chances of that clueless to$$er Fernandes going for a Mackay/Eddie Howe type over a Zola type are remote...
Harrys excuse on 09:34 - Feb 27 with 854 viewsdolcelatte

Harrys excuse on 09:23 - Feb 27 by 00calben

Think we're all beginning to realise why every previous Club he has been at, he is now hated. He's quite a c^nt let's be honest.

However - as stated above - getting rid of him now would be pointless.

At the end of the season the Club needs a complete overhaul with a young, hungry manager - Malky Mackay would be my no1 target. However, this will be the 3rd summer in a row that's been said, and the chances of that clueless to$$er Fernandes going for a Mackay/Eddie Howe type over a Zola type are remote...

For every Spurs or West Ham fan that hates him I know several who still speak highly of him so to say he is hated is just plain wrong.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Harrys excuse on 21:37 - Feb 27 with 804 viewsFredManRave

Harrys excuse on 17:23 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

I find his unwillingness to face the press after a game in keeping with his general attitude. IMO he basically comes across as not giving a flying fcuk and gives the impression through his demeanour and words (particularly at the end of last season) that he doesn't want to be with us. And it's never "we" or "us" and his attitude and body language whilst on the touchline just adds weight to my opinion.

I do realise that he's never been one to be emotional but I'm sure he was more "involved" on the touchline when at Spurs, gave press conferences after games and generally appeared to give more of a shít than he does with us. And I can't for the life of me see how this can have a positive effect on the players in any way shape or form and ironically their performances actually mirror the general lazy, uninvolved or non comitted, couldn't give a shít attitude (as confirmed by the majority of those that go to the games!) of their boss.

It's weird because initially I was optimistic with his appointment, I'd always liked him as a manager and actually enjoyed listening to him and he came with a wealth of experience as well. Unfortuantely I want him less at the club as the weeks go by. It's actually turned out to be the opposite of the Warnock experience, ie, not particularly liked or wanted at the beginning but then his actions, words and enthusiasm turned the initial opinion completely on it's head and I never actually wanted him to leave in the end.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 21:45]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harrys excuse on 06:45 - Feb 28 with 750 viewsPommyhoop

Harrys excuse on 21:37 - Feb 27 by FredManRave

I find his unwillingness to face the press after a game in keeping with his general attitude. IMO he basically comes across as not giving a flying fcuk and gives the impression through his demeanour and words (particularly at the end of last season) that he doesn't want to be with us. And it's never "we" or "us" and his attitude and body language whilst on the touchline just adds weight to my opinion.

I do realise that he's never been one to be emotional but I'm sure he was more "involved" on the touchline when at Spurs, gave press conferences after games and generally appeared to give more of a shít than he does with us. And I can't for the life of me see how this can have a positive effect on the players in any way shape or form and ironically their performances actually mirror the general lazy, uninvolved or non comitted, couldn't give a shít attitude (as confirmed by the majority of those that go to the games!) of their boss.

It's weird because initially I was optimistic with his appointment, I'd always liked him as a manager and actually enjoyed listening to him and he came with a wealth of experience as well. Unfortuantely I want him less at the club as the weeks go by. It's actually turned out to be the opposite of the Warnock experience, ie, not particularly liked or wanted at the beginning but then his actions, words and enthusiasm turned the initial opinion completely on it's head and I never actually wanted him to leave in the end.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 21:45]

This ^^^^^ .
He is as much QPR as John Terry. TF should've f@cked him off out of it when he came out with 'I dunno if I can be arsed with this' comment. Lazy , tired ,bored manager who has not got an Uncle.
You wait till he has actually gone and his pay off is in the bank .Then he will realy let fly and dig out lil old QPR like there's no tomorrow. I would'nt be surprised if him and the Welsh Prick make some unholy alliance in the future and state that NO ONE could've been successful at lil old QPR.
C@nts the pair of em..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024