Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? 21:43 - Dec 2 with 4974 viewsColombiR

It doesn't require footballing knowledge to realise that zero points from seven games means there's something fundamentally wrong with our approach to away games.
Surely he realises that we can't keep playing the same way?

At 70 minutes that goal was coming. This isn't the 1960s, substitutes are no longer just for injuries. Thanks to Rob Green playing the best game of his career, we'd somehow worked ourselves into a decent position. Why didn't we give them something to think about BEFORE their goal... Zamora can manage 15 minutes?

No doubt Redknapp will go on about an unreal finish for their first goal – which it was – but if you give a Premiership team 90 minutes without putting them under pressure they will probably come up with a moment of world-class brilliance.
I actually think our defence is pretty decent, but when we don't even try to attack we will continue to concede.

There's no way Swansea have so much more quality in their XI as today's game would suggest. On a one-off basis you could say we were unlucky not to hold on but our away performances throughout the season are nothing short of a disgrace so really it can no longer be just bad luck.

I hate to see managers sacked in general to be honest but Redknapp just isn't clever enough to be a football manager these days. If he was he'd have reprimanded Barton for his disgusting "bonus point" comments in the press... ah but Redknapp thinks the same way. The momentum of the crowd can win us points at home but unless we change something away from home we're going down, no doubt about it.

With even a semi-decent manager we'd be a lower mid-table side at worse. Enough now. F*ck off Harry.

And on a different note, how the hell did we let Routledge go?!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 21:54]
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:50 - Dec 2 with 4028 viewsBasingstokeR

In reply to the title question, it's not an either or scenario... It seems like its both.

Attack every game - at least it'd be a bit more fun.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 3945 viewsJAPRANGERS

He's 67, rich, unmotivated and doesn't care. He's off at the end of the season anyway. Do we change the manager now or do we go down?? Simple choice
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 3949 viewsbosh67

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:50 - Dec 2 by BasingstokeR

In reply to the title question, it's not an either or scenario... It seems like its both.

Attack every game - at least it'd be a bit more fun.

I just said on another thread that you go on the attack in this division and you stand a chance of getting something from a game, sit back and defend and you simply lose. For some reason sit back and defend is our only default tactic away from home.

I agree. F*ck sit back and defend. It's not rocket science at this level. Attack and at least stand a chance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:57 - Dec 2 with 3882 viewsAntti_Heinola

Totally agree Bosh. At this stage, we're losing every away game anyway, in almost all cases without even scoring. So I'm not sure what we have to lose by actually having a go?
But when even your 'captain' carps on about away games being 'bonuses', what do you expect? The mindset of the entire squad and management is totally wrong.
At least we're ok at home!

Bare bones.

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 3869 viewsJuzzie

Maybe he trying to get the sack on purpose. A nice pay-off and spend the winter in a nice warm studio telling everyone, including other clubs, how to manage.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 3865 viewsFredManRave

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:57 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

Totally agree Bosh. At this stage, we're losing every away game anyway, in almost all cases without even scoring. So I'm not sure what we have to lose by actually having a go?
But when even your 'captain' carps on about away games being 'bonuses', what do you expect? The mindset of the entire squad and management is totally wrong.

Shouldn't you be jerking?! You'll struggle to stop at 6!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:59 - Dec 2 with 3856 viewsToast_R

He's always been tactically inept since he arrived. Look at last season and his team selections that required halt time sugary to put right week after week. How many point did he p*ss away doing that? Nothing has improved this season either, he is incapable of picking the right team to counter his opponents. Who the f*ck is watching the DVD's and feeding this stuff back to Redknapp? Useless.

You also have to wonder about the mentality of the players. Are they really so gutless they can't even manage to do the basics right if not playing at Loftus Road?
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:59 - Dec 2 with 3850 viewsthame_hoops

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:57 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

It's putting massive pressure on our home games.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:59 - Dec 2 with 3851 viewsBasingstokeR

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:55 - Dec 2 by bosh67

I just said on another thread that you go on the attack in this division and you stand a chance of getting something from a game, sit back and defend and you simply lose. For some reason sit back and defend is our only default tactic away from home.

I agree. F*ck sit back and defend. It's not rocket science at this level. Attack and at least stand a chance.

^ This, plus I'd argue the players are learning very little beneficial as a team the way they seem to be being told to play. I don't think they're not trying. Even if the away games are all "bonus games" well then lets attack in them and try and improve our attack!
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:02 - Dec 2 with 3807 viewsLblock

"Fark off. No one could do a better job than me" (c) Harold JerkyKunt

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:08 - Dec 2 with 3743 viewsbosh67

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:59 - Dec 2 by BasingstokeR

^ This, plus I'd argue the players are learning very little beneficial as a team the way they seem to be being told to play. I don't think they're not trying. Even if the away games are all "bonus games" well then lets attack in them and try and improve our attack!

Totally agree, if away games are 'bonus games' then take the game to the opponents on their own turf and have a right go. If it works great, if not then at least the team feels it actually had a go to get some points, not just sit deep and inevitably lose concentration.

I'd rather we lost but the stats showed that we had 20 attempts and a lion share of possession in their half. That the players and the fans could take because sometimes, just sometimes we will score more than we concede. Like this it's like watching the players being loaded aboard a livestock truck and driven to their doom.

The current coaching ethos is petting zoo at home and abattoir away.

Lucky for us this season there are quite a few teams with their own similar take on approaching games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:13 - Dec 2 with 3696 viewsbaz_qpr

On talk sport on Monday he suggested on being asked about our away form that maybe we needed to be a bit more conservative
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:14 - Dec 2 with 3678 viewsHollowayRanger

Austin has been great especially at home

but he has little pace along with 90% off our team our pitfull attacks are slow and few so theres no fear factor for home teams defences

home teams midfields don't have to worry much about defending and can just keep probing for weak spots in our defence

18-5 shots today 7-1 on target!

how is it a team like this

green
isla dunne caulker yun
barton henry
vargas kranjar hoilett
Austin

cant just go out there and HAVE A GO!
instead of just sitting back and trying to hang on for a draw every away game

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:15 - Dec 2 with 3676 viewsStanisgod

If I remember warnock was sacked despite 3 away wins by Nov 19th! Mind you mk dons didn't help to be fair :-S

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:17 - Dec 2 with 3638 viewsJuzzie

Even if we do manage to stay up, he should not be given another contract.

Thanks for the PO Final, thanks for keeping us up and bye bye.

Look for a younger, hungrier and more tactically astute manager
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:18 - Dec 2 with 3632 viewsbosh67

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:13 - Dec 2 by baz_qpr

On talk sport on Monday he suggested on being asked about our away form that maybe we needed to be a bit more conservative

I know Baz

I heard that too and my dad and I just looked at each other, perplexed.

I think he meant 'a bit more sh*t' and it just came out as conservative.

Never knowingly right.

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:19 - Dec 2 with 3617 viewsDiscodroids

at least we gave burton albion a game.almost nicked a draw.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:22 - Dec 2 with 3585 viewsstevec

As bad as our away form has been, and I know I'm clutching at straws here, our 7 games and 7 losses are all against the top 10 teams. 2 away games from now that will be 8, possibly 9 out of 9, against top ten teams, an extraordinary sequence of matches.

We may have to accept for now that we cannot compete in away games against that level of opposition, maybe just at home. January to April throws up aways against all the lower half clubs, let's just hang in there for now.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:25 - Dec 2 with 3559 viewsWilloW4

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 21:58 - Dec 2 by Juzzie

Maybe he trying to get the sack on purpose. A nice pay-off and spend the winter in a nice warm studio telling everyone, including other clubs, how to manage.

Totally agree with you mate... Pressed the down arrow in error.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:28 - Dec 2 with 3518 viewsCHUBBS

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:22 - Dec 2 by stevec

As bad as our away form has been, and I know I'm clutching at straws here, our 7 games and 7 losses are all against the top 10 teams. 2 away games from now that will be 8, possibly 9 out of 9, against top ten teams, an extraordinary sequence of matches.

We may have to accept for now that we cannot compete in away games against that level of opposition, maybe just at home. January to April throws up aways against all the lower half clubs, let's just hang in there for now.

Yeah i'd noticed that myself,maybe we're saving ourselves for all them 6 pointers ahead.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:52 - Dec 2 with 3356 viewsBrightonhoop

redknapp is a weapon and we are down.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:57 - Dec 2 with 3329 viewsHunterhoop

That's it!
It's all a great devious tactic!

Be absolute cannon fodder away against the top 10 to lull those unsuspecting weaker teams into taking us for granted at home and then BOOM, we pounce! Bondy Bond is a genius.

Or

Maybe this is like a steady stream of awful handicaps at Wincanton, Taunton and Newton Abbott. Old Harry is trying to get our price to drift right out for even an away win at Burnley and then, having lost every away game to that point, BOOM, we pounce, rollicking home by 20 lengths! Old Rosie47 gets a lovely, big deposit and Sandra's in shoes for the rest of her retirement.

I'm out of ideas otherwise.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:58 - Dec 2 with 3318 viewsQPRDEL

Its Remys fault, oh and Adel is fat.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 23:14 - Dec 2 with 3238 viewsQPR_ARG

Honest question: why don't we play youngsters/reserves in every away game from now on?

What would be the difference?

In return (other than 0 points), we would have fresh legs for our super fantastic starters who some people here think play like Barcelona when we are at home.

I'd cut the players' salaries by half, mind. Because they'd play only 19 games a season.

Hey...I'm taking things as seriously as the manager, so don't have a go at me saying I'm having a laugh or joking about it.

If things stay the same (meaning Harry stays), we'd be in a far better place if we go with my crazy play-the-reserves-away-rest-starters-so-they-only-play-at-home idea, than we are with this highly-paid manager's incompetent away matches approaches.
Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 23:17 - Dec 2 with 3211 viewsBrightonhoop

Is Redknapp stubborn or just stupid? on 22:58 - Dec 2 by QPRDEL

Its Remys fault, oh and Adel is fat.

Routledge scored. Jusry is out on Adel being UNFIT/fat. Was never neither under Warnock. Routledge did,'nt half do a job too. Nothing but clunges in charge since Warnock. Them's the facts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024