Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome Sebastian Polter 14:35 - Jul 2 with 13632 viewsHayesender

I'm liking our signings very much so far

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:36 - Jul 2 with 3087 viewsbosh67

Potentially a good signing.

CONFIRMED
In - Luongo, Gladwin, JET, Mackie, Polter (£4.5m spent)

Out - there will be £20m or there abouts coming in and we have moved on £20m of wages.

Other good things.

Sutherland, Harriman, Donaldson and hopefully Ehmer all signed up for this season. I think it is essential that we keep Ehmer and get him in with Ned at CB.

Then there is Manning potentially on the left wing, Doughty who I rate highly and Grego-Cox who has huge pace. We all have the Liverpool lad back soon from his injury soon to challenge for left back.

If we can keep Faurlin fit it is starting to shape up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:36 - Jul 2 with 3086 viewswombat

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:33 - Jul 2 by Lblock

Ramsey -- "He reminds me of a Bobby Zamora of a few years ago, and if he can emulate anything like Bobby achieved here, that will be brilliant for the club."

I have no words..........

do hope he means BZ about 5 years ago, the one from a couple of years ago was close to be used for glue

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:38 - Jul 2 with 3069 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:11 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

Personally, I don't think we should be signing an LB. We have Yun, and Traore as a final resort, and then hopefully from Jan we'll have our Liverpool lad back again.
CB? If Ned and Caulker stay, we also have Hill and Ehmer. That'll do.
Maybe a left footed wide midfielder?

Speaking of Ehmer....

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:42 - Jul 2 with 3038 viewsEastR

Welkommen Sebastian 'Bean' Polter

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:05 - Jul 2 with 2914 viewsHunterhoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:36 - Jul 2 by bosh67

Potentially a good signing.

CONFIRMED
In - Luongo, Gladwin, JET, Mackie, Polter (£4.5m spent)

Out - there will be £20m or there abouts coming in and we have moved on £20m of wages.

Other good things.

Sutherland, Harriman, Donaldson and hopefully Ehmer all signed up for this season. I think it is essential that we keep Ehmer and get him in with Ned at CB.

Then there is Manning potentially on the left wing, Doughty who I rate highly and Grego-Cox who has huge pace. We all have the Liverpool lad back soon from his injury soon to challenge for left back.

If we can keep Faurlin fit it is starting to shape up.

Exactly, cracking work done in a relatively short period of time.

We need to be giving people chances this year not seeing them as a reserve option. Now he's signed, I'd have Harriman and Furlong fight it out to start in that RB birth.

If we keep Ehmer, you have him, Donaldson and Hill to play with Ned. Depending on formation, you have Hoilett, Phillips, Mackie, JET, Traore, Manning, Doughty who can play wide.

Up front, assuming Charlie goes, you have Polter, Grego-Cox, plus JET and Mackie. Though I think we need one more proper forward.

LB has Yun (starter), Traore and Hill.

CM has Luongo, Gladwin, Henry (assuming he stays) and Faurlin and Sutherland. Am assuming Fer and Sandro go. If this is the case, and unless I'm missing something, this area is still very light...

But overall, I'm very happy. We have to be willing to, not fearful of, giving the youngsters a chance.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:08 - Jul 2 with 2889 viewsheadhoops

CR in the article: "This is another piece of the jig-saw"

...does that mean he will go to pieces in the box

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:33 - Jul 2 with 2795 viewsadhoc_qpr

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:05 - Jul 2 by Hunterhoop

We need to be giving people chances this year not seeing them as a reserve option. Now he's signed, I'd have Harriman and Furlong fight it out to start in that RB birth.

If we keep Ehmer, you have him, Donaldson and Hill to play with Ned. Depending on formation, you have Hoilett, Phillips, Mackie, JET, Traore, Manning, Doughty who can play wide.

Up front, assuming Charlie goes, you have Polter, Grego-Cox, plus JET and Mackie. Though I think we need one more proper forward.

CM has Luongo, Gladwin, Henry (assuming he stays) and Faurlin and Sutherland. Am assuming Fer and Sandro go. If this is the case, and unless I'm missing something, this area is still very light...

But overall, I'm very happy. We have to be willing to, not fearful of, giving the youngsters a chance.

I agree and i'm happy with the work done to the squad so far. Younger, fitter, hungrier and cheaper but with some real potential.

But if we think that Harriman, Doughty, Sutherland, Furlong, Donaldson, Ehmer, Manning and Grego-Cox will all make the grade at Championship level and contribute i think you'll be disappointed!

Look at how Fulham's much higher quality youth's struggled last season.

Hopefully several of them will contribute to the squad at least - I think Doughty certainly was looking the part in his brief cameos and could force his way into the team. Grego-Cox will likely get a bit of game time given the lack of options currently - interesting to see whether he is technically good enough..

Luongo and Gladwin are also pretty unproven at this level - and JET has never excelled either for the matter.

It's going to be very interesting if we don't sign any more established Championship or higher experienced players!
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:33 - Jul 2 with 2795 viewsBlackandGoldR

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:38 - Jul 2 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Speaking of Ehmer....

That is Max Ehmer and now the photo has been deleted by that paper. Doesn't look like he will be here come the start of the season then.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:36 - Jul 2 with 2772 viewsGloucs_R

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:33 - Jul 2 by BlackandGoldR

That is Max Ehmer and now the photo has been deleted by that paper. Doesn't look like he will be here come the start of the season then.

Could just be an old photo and deleted because he isnt training with them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:41 - Jul 2 with 2742 viewsBlackandGoldR

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:36 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

Could just be an old photo and deleted because he isnt training with them.

Very true.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:48 - Jul 2 with 2697 viewswhittocksRs

Hope Polter plays better than he dresses — looks like an absolute weapon with that cap on backwards.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:48 - Jul 2 with 2696 viewsSonofNorfolt

Eisern Union
Immer Weider Eisern Union
Immer Weiter Mit Eisern Union.

The first link between our two clubs.
Did quite well on loan there last season according to my mate.

Don't think we'll bother with Lambert now?
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:50 - Jul 2 with 2688 viewsBucksRanger

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:48 - Jul 2 by whittocksRs

Hope Polter plays better than he dresses — looks like an absolute weapon with that cap on backwards.

And what's with the tattoo on his wife's back. What the hell is it? Looks like something connected with woodland witchcraft.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:57 - Jul 2 with 2662 viewsToast_R

Is this the first German to sign for the club?
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:58 - Jul 2 with 2658 viewsjohncharles

Good to we're signing players that seem to be part of a plan. It does look like there's a footballing brain behind these signings.
As for Sir Les, I met him at an open day. We said hello and shook hands. I walked away wondering if it really was Sir Les. I was expecting a mean looking George Foreman but this guy was a couple of inches shorter than me (6ft) and was the nicest, friendliest person with great big smile.

Strong and stable my arse.

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:04 - Jul 2 with 2590 viewsBlackCrowe

Gott in himmel, das ist sehr gut.

Now if by any remote chance we could hold onto Fer and/or Matty P as well as grab Morrison then we look to have the midfield and attack very nicely sorted. In theory.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:10 - Jul 2 with 2570 viewsMatch82

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:33 - Jul 2 by Lblock

Ramsey -- "He reminds me of a Bobby Zamora of a few years ago, and if he can emulate anything like Bobby achieved here, that will be brilliant for the club."

I have no words..........

To be fair, if poltergeist scores the last minute winner in the playoff final, i'd consider that a success too!
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:10 - Jul 2 with 2569 viewsYorkRanger

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:05 - Jul 2 by Hunterhoop

We do still have Caulker at centre back. I offer no view as to his ability or likelihood of staying....
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:38 - Jul 2 with 2498 viewsAitch

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:23 - Jul 2 by bosh67

Yes, like Helguson, Les had a huge leap. Paul Parker was 5 foot 5 on a good day. Yet he could jump 2 feet plus straight up.

Gary Penrice was the same. Never ceased to amaze me some of the headers he used to win.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:45 - Jul 2 with 2480 viewsganjR

Potentially a good signing, looking forward to seeing him play.
I predict 12 goals in all competitions.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:49 - Jul 2 with 2463 viewsWatford_Ranger

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 15:04 - Jul 2 by Discodroids

"he reminds me of bobby zamora"..

in all seriousness, very happy with all five signings and the afterbirth thats left.

is hans peter traore still here ?

Still here? He's the new captain you know!
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:50 - Jul 2 with 2457 viewsGetMeRangers

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:57 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

Is this the first German to sign for the club?

Ehmer is german, isnt he!
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:51 - Jul 2 with 2444 viewssimmo

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:48 - Jul 2 by whittocksRs

I think it's probably because he's 24...

As above and echo Hunters sentiments, well pleased with early business so far, adding legs and youth without compromising on experience. Every signing comes here either as a step up or with something to prove - perfect ingredients.

Also kudos to the club/scouting network on identifying a potentially good prospect outside the usual suspects, nice to see we're not afraid to look for players that Steve Claridge hasn't heard of.

I think we are close to having a decent first 11 already, 2-3 more players in certain areas and we're golden.

GK's - McCarthy, Green
RB's - Harriman, Furlong
CB's - Nedum, Hill, Ehmer, Caulker/1 other
LB - YSY, Traore/Hill, (Robinson)
CM - Luongo, Henry, Faurlin, Diakite, Sutherland, Doughty, 1 other
RW - Phillips, Mackie
LW - Hoilett, Manning, Traore
AM - JET, Gladwin
ST - Polter, Greco-Cox, 1 other

[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 18:07]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:52 - Jul 2 with 2438 viewsGetMeRangers

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:33 - Jul 2 by adhoc_qpr

I agree and i'm happy with the work done to the squad so far. Younger, fitter, hungrier and cheaper but with some real potential.

But if we think that Harriman, Doughty, Sutherland, Furlong, Donaldson, Ehmer, Manning and Grego-Cox will all make the grade at Championship level and contribute i think you'll be disappointed!

Look at how Fulham's much higher quality youth's struggled last season.

Hopefully several of them will contribute to the squad at least - I think Doughty certainly was looking the part in his brief cameos and could force his way into the team. Grego-Cox will likely get a bit of game time given the lack of options currently - interesting to see whether he is technically good enough..

Luongo and Gladwin are also pretty unproven at this level - and JET has never excelled either for the matter.

It's going to be very interesting if we don't sign any more established Championship or higher experienced players!

Presumably we will have one or two loan players as well, added to the permanent staff. Spurs must need to get some of their players up to scratch! We have done them a lot of favours in the past and sure that will continue
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 2371 viewssimmo

His favourite film is Pearl Harbour. What a cnt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024