Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Warnock is back 12:54 - Oct 17 with 20733 viewsMarc

Neil Warnock is back on 14:38 - Oct 17 with 2945 viewsDiscodroids

Dear Neil, Ramsey just needs help with minor issues such Team selection, consistency, substitutions, tactics , Defensive formations , a style of play and wiping his own arsehole without getting cadbury stains on his double cuffs.

However , Ramsey is fully trained in the dark arts of being decent and having a smile on his face so you wont have to worry about this aspect of association football.

Good luck.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Neil Warnock is back on 14:43 - Oct 17 with 2933 viewsPunteR

I don't think we can compare Francis to Warnock.Francis has been behind the scenes in a coaching role for years after leaving football completely. Warnock is a Wiley old pitbull of a football manager. The two are completely different.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Neil Warnock is back on 14:46 - Oct 17 with 2915 viewsstevec

If anything it looks like the club are willing to do everything they can to keep Ramsey in the job.

A popular ex manager who no longer wants to be a manager? It'll certainly buy CR more time.

We'll see.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:50 - Oct 17 with 2871 viewsfrancisbowles

Just in time for the panto season! Goldilocks starring Neil Warnock with Sir Les as papa bear, TF as mama bear and introducing Chris Ramsey as baby bear.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:53 - Oct 17 with 2852 viewsrosseeles

Thats gotta be curtains for CR. Makes me think Les comments in the week are cutting him adrift

Personally im chuffed hes back, should have never been sacked (which again makes this slightly weird!)

Anyway whens adel back : )
Neil Warnock is back on 15:00 - Oct 17 with 2790 viewsMatch82

Neil Warnock is back on 14:15 - Oct 17 by stuabd

davidmcintyre76: Ferdinand and Ramsey belong at a #QPR that's long gone. Warnock perfectly embodies the club as it now is. Just cut the crap & let LF & CR go

A bit harsh from daveMc. Personally I think it's a good move.

Absolutely bizarre.
If he's implying that the club is still a mess then seems odd to say that Warnock fits.
If he's implying that the club has started to turn around over the last 6-12 months then surely that's mostly due to LF and CR?
Is this is fake account?
Neil Warnock is back on 15:00 - Oct 17 with 2790 viewsBklynRanger

Neil Warnock is back on 14:46 - Oct 17 by stevec

If anything it looks like the club are willing to do everything they can to keep Ramsey in the job.

A popular ex manager who no longer wants to be a manager? It'll certainly buy CR more time.

We'll see.

That's the way I see it it too. It's easy to imagine that this could be a way of getting Warnock into the manager's seat but he really doesn't even sound up for that. I always think there's room for a Jimmy Hill chin stroke when people emphasize that 'this was entirely the manager's idea', but either way it seems like a good move and hopefully they can work well together..

“They both share identical philosophies about the game and the way it should be played. I remember Neil’s side that got promoted in 2010/11 played with an almost identical formation as the one Chris is utilising at the moment, so I’m sure they’ll be bouncing ideas off each other for the betterment of the team.”
Neil Warnock is back on 15:02 - Oct 17 with 2779 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Neil Warnock is back on 14:24 - Oct 17 by TacticalR

I am not sure Warnock wants to be involved on the training pitch.

I don't think Warnock was known for being around the training ground much when last at Rangers, in fact quite the opposite.
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Warnock is back on 15:03 - Oct 17 with 2772 viewsTacticalR

Neil Warnock is back on 14:38 - Oct 17 by CiderwithRsie

I'm fairly sure that when he still had his Independent column he said he'd be more interested in a DoF role than managing, at his age. So maybe there's more pressure on Les than Ramsey.

Would it make sense if he is going to be assistant DoF to Les? Dunno myself, I'm too ignorant.

In 2013 in his Independent column in he said he didn't want to be a DoF, but a *consultant*. He clearly defined the role he had in mind:

'After more than 30 years in the dugout I have come to realise there is a need at many clubs for someone who can act as a link between managers and owners. This is especially the case with so many owners coming into football, often from abroad, with limited experience of the game, as happened at my last two clubs, QPR and Leeds. However successful someone is in their field of business, and however well-meaning and hard-working, it is difficult to come into football and immediately work out how the industry works, who to trust, what to do. That is the sort of role I think I can fill.

I don't mean a director of football, but a consultant who can bridge the massive gap between boards and the manager but who is not a threat to the manager. Most managers last less than two years now, which is a terrible waste of talent and money. They need help, someone who can act as a buffer and a sounding board, but does not want to take their job.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/neil-warnock-on-leed

Air hostess clique

Neil Warnock is back on 15:50 - Oct 17 with 2670 viewstimcocking

Interesting.

If it was Ramsey's idea, and he and Les are happy about it all, then fine, but it seems a little awkward at a glance. I'd love it to turn out well.
Neil Warnock is back on 15:56 - Oct 17 with 2650 viewsGloryHunter

Neil Warnock is back on 15:02 - Oct 17 by WrightUp5hit___

I don't think Warnock was known for being around the training ground much when last at Rangers, in fact quite the opposite.

I don't think we need extra help on the training pitch - after all, isn't CR supposed to be a fantastic coach? What we need is help in the dugout, from someone who's got half a clue about "game management". But if CR was demoted to coaching duties only, he wouldn't want to hang around, would he.
Neil Warnock is back on 16:31 - Oct 17 with 2573 viewsted_hendrix

Anyone or any fcking thing that helps sort out our defence is fine by me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Neil Warnock is back on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 2518 views2Thomas2Bowles

He can take over when CR gets sacked in the morning

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Neil Warnock is back on 17:16 - Oct 17 with 2477 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm gonna give Ramsey and Warnock a month so to sort us out, before I start crowing for a new manager.

Ramsey obviously knows he needs help and maybe Warnock is that person
Neil Warnock is back on 03:23 - Oct 18 with 2273 viewsQPRinCT

Bad egg No. 1 Joey Barton was knocking Ramsey about this on Twitter
Neil Warnock is back on 08:18 - Oct 18 with 2188 viewsCHUBBS

Never wanted NW sacked so happy to see him return.
He definitely knows how to sort a defensive unit.
CR clearly struggles with this part of our game.
Hope he's on the bench in future games to help with substitutions and tactics(ridiculous that we need someone to do this really)if we are going to continue this learn on the job approach we currently have.
Neil Warnock is back on 08:59 - Oct 18 with 2120 viewsenfieldargh

I feel sorry for William, does he really know which club to support?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Neil Warnock is back on 09:38 - Oct 18 with 2078 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock is back on 14:15 - Oct 17 by stuabd

davidmcintyre76: Ferdinand and Ramsey belong at a #QPR that's long gone. Warnock perfectly embodies the club as it now is. Just cut the crap & let LF & CR go

A bit harsh from daveMc. Personally I think it's a good move.

Think Dave Mc is bang on with this. The old QPR would give someone time and if they agreed on a long term plan that would mean we don't go straight back up but take time to build a team then that is what they would do rather than change their minds after 10 games and want instant promotion again. I don't think anyone is coming out of this well.

The owners are showing they really have no idea what they want or how to get it. Les and Ramsey are looking a touch weak for agreeing to what is quite honestly their replacement coming in. The fans are looking like complete spoilt brats unable to accept a narrow defeat due to a dodgy penalty without jumping up and down and screaming for change again. I really don't like what we have become
Neil Warnock is back on 10:31 - Oct 18 with 2040 viewsSomersetHoops

Neil Warnock is back on 14:08 - Oct 17 by DeepcutHoop

I'm certainly not a moaner, and I'm not one who's been demanding Ramsey get help/be sacked.

Bringing in a manager who we've sacked before is a move that appears at first sight to massively undermine Ramsey's authority, and if it's a board/Les appointment would also appear to put the club's faith in him into question.

I'd have hoped Ramsey would have been given longer to prove himself, any improvement now, whoever it is down to will be given to Warnock.

Just my opinion obviously, and hope it benefits the club long term, not sure it shows any commitment to long-term planning though.

Ramsey has had enough time and a transfer window to set up an effective defence. He hasn't done it and shows no signs of being able to. Les Ferdinand has overseen this situation and has also been unable to deal with it either. If I were Amit seeing this situation I would be on the phone to a man who he knows can sort it out NW is that man and if our defence does stop shipping goals after his appointment it won't be down to Ramsey. Let's look on this as a positive and hope it works out for all our management team.

Who's Next?

Neil Warnock is back on 10:35 - Oct 18 with 2032 viewsRangersw12

So Warnock who wasn't deemed good enough by lots of fans and board 4 years ago is now offering advise to our manager

What a joke club we really are
Neil Warnock is back on 10:37 - Oct 18 with 2027 viewsdaveB

Neil Warnock is back on 10:31 - Oct 18 by SomersetHoops

Ramsey has had enough time and a transfer window to set up an effective defence. He hasn't done it and shows no signs of being able to. Les Ferdinand has overseen this situation and has also been unable to deal with it either. If I were Amit seeing this situation I would be on the phone to a man who he knows can sort it out NW is that man and if our defence does stop shipping goals after his appointment it won't be down to Ramsey. Let's look on this as a positive and hope it works out for all our management team.

He's not had that much time, the defence needs to be sorted out but there is no magic wand and eventually players might want to take a bit of responsibility on the pitch
Neil Warnock is back on 10:48 - Oct 18 with 2011 viewsNortholt_Rs

Neil Warnock is back on 09:38 - Oct 18 by daveB

Think Dave Mc is bang on with this. The old QPR would give someone time and if they agreed on a long term plan that would mean we don't go straight back up but take time to build a team then that is what they would do rather than change their minds after 10 games and want instant promotion again. I don't think anyone is coming out of this well.

The owners are showing they really have no idea what they want or how to get it. Les and Ramsey are looking a touch weak for agreeing to what is quite honestly their replacement coming in. The fans are looking like complete spoilt brats unable to accept a narrow defeat due to a dodgy penalty without jumping up and down and screaming for change again. I really don't like what we have become

Yeah but the 'old QPR' wasn't £250m in the red though was it?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Warnock is back on 11:00 - Oct 18 with 1988 viewsJigsore

Neil Warnock is back on 10:48 - Oct 18 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah but the 'old QPR' wasn't £250m in the red though was it?

So, to conclude, the solution to fixing the catastrophes caused by the 'new QPR' and becoming more like the 'old QPR' is to... become even more like the 'new QPR'

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Neil Warnock is back on 11:13 - Oct 18 with 1962 viewsSomersetHoops

Neil Warnock is back on 10:37 - Oct 18 by daveB

He's not had that much time, the defence needs to be sorted out but there is no magic wand and eventually players might want to take a bit of responsibility on the pitch

Ramsey has had 28 games and won 8. How much time does he need? I'm not saying he should go, just that he can't organise a defence. I think that has become obvious by now. If he and Warnock can work as a team and NW's input can add the element that Ramsey and Les are missing then great and we can stop gifting our opponents easy goals. It could not continue as it has and I think the alternative to getting this help (if that is what it is) is for Ramsey to go. He has had more time than many managers would be given and I'm all for a level of stability, but a consistently incompetent defence is not the stability the owners or fans are looking for.

Who's Next?

Neil Warnock is back on 11:30 - Oct 18 with 1940 viewsDWQPR

Neil Warnock is back on 09:38 - Oct 18 by daveB

The old QPR has always been happy to hire and fire as long as I can remember. Sibley, Burtenshaw, Docherty (twice), Mullery, Howe, Houston, Harford, Waddock, Gregory, De Canio, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Harford mk2, Hart never stuck around for long either. And the biggest crime was that Warnock wasn't given the chance to finish that first season back in the Prem.

Just listened to Ramsey speaking about NW appointment on Talksport and it seems very much that it was a club initiated idea and that he was given a choice of people to appoint and that from that list NW was chosen by Ramsey. Didn't seem overly happy with the situation. Give it a few weeks and I suspect that roles will be at best reversed and Clint Hill added as defensive coach. Warnock has unfinished work at the club and I hope he gets the chance to finish it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024