Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Warnock is back 12:54 - Oct 17 with 20696 viewsMarc

Neil Warnock is back on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 3224 viewsTacticalR

My first thought was 'WTF?'.

My second thought was...this is the role that Warnock knew was there years ago and always wanted.

He has said many times that because foreign owners don't know a lot about football there is a role as consigliere to foreign owners. Paladini did that role by acting as go-between between Briatore and the club, with the obvious danger that he could translate messages in any way he wanted. Warnock saw Briatore and Fernandes make bad mistakes because they didn't understand the context of their decisions.

He says the same thing now:

'Full-time management doesn't interest me anymore, but if I can help Chris and QPR by acting as a sounding board, then that's great.

'I've often been quoted as saying there's a gap in the structure of a football club for someone to come in to be a sounding board and offer advice and I'm delighted Chris has shown his faith in me in this role.'

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/neil-warnock-returns-qpr-backroom-staff-274760

Air hostess clique

Neil Warnock is back on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 3223 viewsGloryHunter

Should get Stan back, too. To advise the younger players how to look after their money.
Neil Warnock is back on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 3198 viewsDiscodroids

i hope Neil 'advises' Chris to fu ck Karl henry off out of the team.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Neil Warnock is back on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 3191 viewsPunteR

Neil Warnock is back on 13:13 - Oct 17 by daveB

much will be made of it but I keep reading that Ramsey needs someone experienced next to him,he's got now and it's still wrong.

I like Warnock but out of all the experienced coaches or ex managers or players ,Warnock just doesn't seem to fit the mould of backroom staff.
Its about personality as well as experience that is needed for Ramsey for it to work. I can see clashes here. Warnock would have Ramsey for breakfast.
We'll see.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Neil Warnock is back on 13:28 - Oct 17 with 3176 viewsGloucs_R

Apparently Adel's just put in a request at Benfica......

2 KFC bargain buckets and an ice cream sundae, followed by a transfer back to Rangers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Neil Warnock is back on 13:32 - Oct 17 with 3143 viewsPunteR

Warnock will kick a few backsides that's for sure.

Neil Warnock is back on 13:38 - Oct 17 with 3110 viewspaulparker

excellent stuff , never should have got the boot in the 1st place

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Warnock is back on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 2994 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Neil Warnock is back on 13:14 - Oct 17 by Jigsore

I thought people would be happier? For ages people have been asking for an experienced hand on the tiller that could guide the "rookie" Ramsey, for someone to come in and sort the defence, for more club legends to be appointed up the club, etc.

so in one week we get Impey and Warnock in and the reaction is very tepid? ho hum. strange.

People like a good moan mate.
There is always a negative angle if you look hard enough
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Warnock is back on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 2994 viewsted_hendrix

Its painfully obvious that we need help on the training pitch and now we've got it.
I couldn't give a toss about peoples personalities I give a toss about how many goals we've been conceding, not saying that NW is the 'be all and end all' but he's a bloody good start.
Great move by the club I reckon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Neil Warnock is back on 14:02 - Oct 17 with 2962 viewsClive_Anderson

Excellent should never have gone.

Is this appointment treading on Les' toes a bit? He is in an advisory role as well.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 2934 viewsbosh67

Good move in my humble opinion. Had the respect of the players and knows how to sort out a defence and holding midfield. Ramsey has needed a real mentor with experience and now he has one.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Neil Warnock is back on 14:08 - Oct 17 with 2912 viewsDeepcutHoop

Neil Warnock is back on 13:57 - Oct 17 by CroydonCaptJack

People like a good moan mate.
There is always a negative angle if you look hard enough

I'm certainly not a moaner, and I'm not one who's been demanding Ramsey get help/be sacked.

Bringing in a manager who we've sacked before is a move that appears at first sight to massively undermine Ramsey's authority, and if it's a board/Les appointment would also appear to put the club's faith in him into question.

I'd have hoped Ramsey would have been given longer to prove himself, any improvement now, whoever it is down to will be given to Warnock.

Just my opinion obviously, and hope it benefits the club long term, not sure it shows any commitment to long-term planning though.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:08 - Oct 17 with 2911 viewsPunteR

Neil Warnock is back on 14:02 - Oct 17 by Clive_Anderson

Excellent should never have gone.

Is this appointment treading on Les' toes a bit? He is in an advisory role as well.

Sshh ...don't question this appointment clive. Just be happy we have someone with "experience".
It'll all be fine I'm sure.

Neil Warnock is back on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 2875 viewsessextaxiboy

Was sacked too early imo , we would be mad to turn down the nous he has but it does undermine Ramsey . If we go up now it will be put down to Warnock and if we go backwards there will be calls for Warnock to take over ..a lose lose for Ramsey IMO .
[Post edited 17 Oct 2015 14:33]
Neil Warnock is back on 14:15 - Oct 17 with 2862 viewsstuabd

davidmcintyre76: Ferdinand and Ramsey belong at a #QPR that's long gone. Warnock perfectly embodies the club as it now is. Just cut the crap & let LF & CR go

A bit harsh from daveMc. Personally I think it's a good move.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:19 - Oct 17 with 2663 viewsozexile

Is this what Tony came back for? I'm pretty sure Ramsey didn't ask for this.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:19 - Oct 17 with 2659 viewsingeminate

Neil Warnock is back on 13:20 - Oct 17 by ozexile

But if Ramsey's football philosophy doesn't fit Warnock's how can he help him?

It sounds a bit far fetched to me that Ramsey requested this as per Tony's quotes.

Bringing in an extra head to work on the defence makes sense. Huge question mark is whether warnock after yrs of calling the shots and with his personality will slot in to a number two role.
I think he will find himself with a hotline to Fernandes and eventually will play some role in Ramsey's departure.

goes without saying I hope I'm wrong.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Neil Warnock is back on 14:24 - Oct 17 with 2605 viewsTacticalR

Neil Warnock is back on 13:57 - Oct 17 by ted_hendrix

Its painfully obvious that we need help on the training pitch and now we've got it.
I couldn't give a toss about peoples personalities I give a toss about how many goals we've been conceding, not saying that NW is the 'be all and end all' but he's a bloody good start.
Great move by the club I reckon.

I am not sure Warnock wants to be involved on the training pitch.

Air hostess clique

Neil Warnock is back on 14:25 - Oct 17 with 2600 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Now that the aim for the season is promotion, if Neil can tighten up the defence as he did before, with the attacking players we have, promotion could be possible.

Although it does seem as a notch against Ramsey that this has been necessary, it's preferable to another change of manager at this stage.

And if Warnock is part-time, that gives him no excuse for not now replying to the rest of those fans' e mails, me included!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Neil Warnock is back on 14:27 - Oct 17 with 2584 viewsisawqpratwcity

Strange move. Can't see it as straightforward support for CR.

We'll see.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Neil Warnock is back on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 2571 viewsYorkRanger

On the one hand, makes a lot of sense and one assumes it is the same role they wanted Gerry Francis to fulfil. On the other hand, you to have to question whether CR has embraced this in the way that it has been presented he has....
Neil Warnock is back on 14:31 - Oct 17 with 2562 viewsbaz_qpr

This is a totally sensible decision. Ferdinand and Ramsey tried to recruit Francis to do the same role in the summer. The entire backroom staff have no experience whatsoever of championship football. Its been crying out for having an old head in the backroom team doing the same job Francis does for Pulis. On Talksport last night Danny Higginbothom was discussing the potential appointment of Peter Reid to the Sunderland backroom. He said an interesting thing and that in his opinion management teams were always better off when they had an old experience ex manager in the backroom staff, as younger coaches and those that are climbing the job ladder are less likely to challenge the manager. Pulis would always have someone on board (Reid / Francis) who was prepared to challenge and disagree with him and therefore have a debate.
Neil Warnock is back on 14:33 - Oct 17 with 2546 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Warnock is back on 13:13 - Oct 17 by daveB

much will be made of it but I keep reading that Ramsey needs someone experienced next to him,he's got now and it's still wrong.

My thoughts too. If Ramsey appointed hi the he must be happy with it. Can't see how that puts pressure on him, and can't see how this is anything but good news.

IF Ramsey appointed him, that is. If not, the that would change things considerably, but there's nothing to suggest that's the case.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Warnock is back on 14:36 - Oct 17 with 2524 viewsisawqpratwcity

Strange timing of the announcement, too.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Neil Warnock is back on 14:38 - Oct 17 with 2497 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm fairly sure that when he still had his Independent column he said he'd be more interested in a DoF role than managing, at his age. So maybe there's more pressure on Les than Ramsey.

Would it make sense if he is going to be assistant DoF to Les? Dunno myself, I'm too ignorant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024