Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury 10:48 - Dec 9 with 9486 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Jeremy Vine taking Tyson Fury to task ... hold on for when Peter Tatchell joins in on the phone.

Whole thing reminds me of Shabba Ranks' appearance on The Word back in the day and the witchhunt that followed.
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 11:24 - Dec 9 with 7545 viewsTheBlob

Let's see someone from the BBC confront him face to face in the ring.
I say Sue Perkins goes down in the first.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 11:36 - Dec 9 with 7524 viewssimmo

He does say some horrendously ignorant and bigoted things. It's poor management to let him spout off the way he does and expect him to be able to keep his titles.

I don't necessarily want a heavyweight champ to be a squeaky clean corporate face, but I don't think he should pedal his archaic opinions from that kind of a position and fair play that the govt bodies have done something, even though I don't necessarily agree with the way the media have jumped all over him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:07 - Dec 9 with 7450 viewsLimerickR

Fury is more a figure of pity rather than of contempt: his actions betray a lack of education, rather than pure intolerance. We'd be better off if we tried to educate people about their wrongs, rather than to just publicly throw them under the bus whenever they say something regressive.
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:23 - Dec 9 with 7399 viewsstevec

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:07 - Dec 9 by LimerickR

Fury is more a figure of pity rather than of contempt: his actions betray a lack of education, rather than pure intolerance. We'd be better off if we tried to educate people about their wrongs, rather than to just publicly throw them under the bus whenever they say something regressive.

true.

However, I am kind of enjoying watching the Liberal Lefties at the BBC tying themselves in knots over whether they should expel a traveller for being politically incorrect.
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:23 - Dec 9 with 7396 viewssimmo

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:07 - Dec 9 by LimerickR

You can't use that as an excuse with issues that reach beyond standard education. Even if you can say he's ignorant/uneducated on certain matters away from boxing, how do you justify him going at someone like Lennox Lewis the way he has?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:41 - Dec 9 with 7366 viewsBluce_Ree

Tyson Fury is a horrible tw@t. His interview on Monday evening with The MMA Hour was just shocking. He's so stupid. It's like he's already punchy.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 14:07 - Dec 9 with 7327 viewsbosh67

He's very lucky that Trump stole his thunder. He's now the 2nd stupidest person on the planet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 14:14 - Dec 9 with 7310 viewsDiscodroids

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 13:23 - Dec 9 by stevec

true.

However, I am kind of enjoying watching the Liberal Lefties at the BBC tying themselves in knots over whether they should expel a traveller for being politically incorrect.

Its fantastic Steve. I thought Nicky Campbell was going to break down and cry on Al BBC this morning, Clare Baldings Mrs was on whooping with delight and congratulating the Police for hurtling up the M1 quicker than Alan wells on Base billy whizz to question him.

Virtue signalling y the public on Jacked up Nandrolone . To think at one time we only had to put up with charadee singles at christmas by Bono , B*witched and Liily fkn Allen .

. now every cnt wants to show how righteous they are on twitter or to sign a petition expressing their high minded outrage , before popping down to sainsburys to elbow a pensioner out of the way in case theres a run on organic duck fat and hestons xmas pud.

I hope he wins the Al BBC sports personality of the year award simply for sharing the same views on Gays, Women and abortion that many men do in east london that sit across a desk from me on a daily basis. He'd fit right in, in Leytonstone.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 16:00]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 14:25 - Dec 9 with 7300 views2Thomas2Bowles

I heard in celebration of him winning his wife has ordered a new 10" strapon for him to sit on while she is laying on her back
Allegedly

There is nothing Gay about it... how dare you, it's to push the piles back in.... I'll knock you fecking teeth out.... he is reported to have said to his priest in confession
Again... Allegedly

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 14:39 - Dec 9 with 7279 viewsToast_R

Is he stupid, or is he actually very clever?

He's become more famous for this nonsense then he has for his sporting achievement. The more the offended bang on about what he apparently said, the more people are taking notice of him. As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

He didn't have a lot of fans anyway but he's going to have far more people taking interest in him now and I'm sure he absolutely thrives on it.
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:15 - Dec 9 with 7257 views2Thomas2Bowles

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 14:25 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I heard in celebration of him winning his wife has ordered a new 10" strapon for him to sit on while she is laying on her back
Allegedly

There is nothing Gay about it... how dare you, it's to push the piles back in.... I'll knock you fecking teeth out.... he is reported to have said to his priest in confession
Again... Allegedly

Up date
The priest has been arrested for child molestation and has confessed to rogering Fury from a young age up to last Sunday

Fury himself denies knowing the priest was a man as he was in a dress .

Allegedly

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:20 - Dec 9 with 7243 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the link, Orthodox.

That's the first time I've heard what he has to say for himself. On that evidence alone, I can't really see why he should be barred from anything. Unless he has made other objectionable comments?

I find his views repugnant, myself, but they are the views of anyone who believes in the bible. I have friends who believe the same. I don't understand how they can think like that, but they do.

Is the BBC going to ban all practising christians?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:22 - Dec 9 with 7240 views2Thomas2Bowles

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:20 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the link, Orthodox.

That's the first time I've heard what he has to say for himself. On that evidence alone, I can't really see why he should be barred from anything. Unless he has made other objectionable comments?

I find his views repugnant, myself, but they are the views of anyone who believes in the bible. I have friends who believe the same. I don't understand how they can think like that, but they do.

Is the BBC going to ban all practising christians?

Hopefully

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:25 - Dec 9 with 7233 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:22 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hopefully

Ha!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:27 - Dec 9 with 7225 viewsthemodfather

fury is a boxer not a brain surgeon, he blabs away and thinks he's clever but it's all plastic poetry!
when he won the titles, he praised and thanked JESUS and his family, in fact he went on and on about jesus.....
many christians, born agains i have met, keep on about adam and eve not adam and steve, their belief and not mine.
we long ago lost our religion. surely more should be concerend over what trump is saying.
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 15:37 - Dec 9 with 7217 viewsTheChef

More distracting crap from the mainstream media.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 7182 viewsexiled_dictator

kind of reminds me of daesh/isis/isil.
they are just thugs and murderers who happen to be muslim, and hide behind their religion to justify their despicable actions;

'oh, it says so in the koran, therefore we must mass execute 10,000 non-believers'.

what a load of toss.

different people will have different opinions, but i am no longer sure whether those opinions should be allowed. just how close are we to having to deal with these people who justify their beliefs and actions by quoting their religious book so therefore it is acceptable?

it's not.

someone sometime somewhere said something or other, therefore it must be true and we must all adhere to it.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 16:23 - Dec 9 with 7164 viewslondonscottish

I was going to start a poll about who was more irritating; Jeremy Vine or Tyson Fury. But then I realised I'd have to vote "both",

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 7107 viewsPommyhoop

I started laughing uncontrollably and knew I was listening to a punchy fool when he stated that
Klitschko is one of the greatest heavyweight champs of all time.
Away an shyte.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 18:21 - Dec 9 with 7060 viewsrobith

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 11:24 - Dec 9 by TheBlob

Let's see someone from the BBC confront him face to face in the ring.
I say Sue Perkins goes down in the first.

...so we shouldn't tell people their views are abhorrent unless we can beat them in a fight?
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 18:29 - Dec 9 with 7050 viewsDorse

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 16:01 - Dec 9 by exiled_dictator

kind of reminds me of daesh/isis/isil.
they are just thugs and murderers who happen to be muslim, and hide behind their religion to justify their despicable actions;

'oh, it says so in the koran, therefore we must mass execute 10,000 non-believers'.

what a load of toss.

different people will have different opinions, but i am no longer sure whether those opinions should be allowed. just how close are we to having to deal with these people who justify their beliefs and actions by quoting their religious book so therefore it is acceptable?

it's not.

someone sometime somewhere said something or other, therefore it must be true and we must all adhere to it.

The biggest problem with any sacred text is when adherents don't bother about hermeneutics. Take the Bible as an example. If you honestly believe that it is wrong to wear 'a garment of mixed fibres' then don't do your shopping at Sports Direct. But to say that that writer of that rule intended it to be universally applied is missing the point. It was written at a specific time, place and language, to a specific audience that already understood the idiom and reasons behind it! To suggest otherwise is rank ignorance. Scripture is replete with allegory, poetry, metaphor, religious history, cultural reference etc etc etc. Most faith adherents view them as exactly that but with a message of truth within. Think 'Tortoise and Hare': the story is literally untrue but written for a purpose and containing truths (such as 'don't underestimate your opponent' etc).

However, to suggest that all faith adherents hold to a literalist, fundamental view of scripture is equally pathetic and ignores plain fact. It is lazy and designed simply to create a Straw Man to defeat. Not having a dig Ex, I don't think that's what you're saying - it is more a tactic of the Media (Daily Heil in particular).

Fury is a div, that much is certain, but from a culturally relativist perspective (i.e. 'If I was born where they were, and taught what they were, I'd believe what what they believe') he can be understood, if not agreed with.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 18:42]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 18:40 - Dec 9 with 7036 viewsTheBlob

The idear that blixing damijies the broin is to mi mond compiltly absod.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 18:53 - Dec 9 with 7010 viewsBklynRanger

He didn't exactly seem to take him to task much to be honest. I'm glad I don't have to hear too much from Big TF (wait a minute! same initials as..... there's something going on there!)
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 19:56 - Dec 9 with 6950 viewsqueensparker

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 19:58]
Lunchtime listening with Tyson Fury on 20:25 - Dec 9 with 6914 viewsHollowayRanger

getting my vote

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024