Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson's England 10:34 - Mar 26 with 26202 viewsBlackCrowe

Honestly don't think i can be bothered to watch tonight.

3 months away, Hodgson should start playing as close to a first team as possible now. Time for mass scale experimentation passed a fair while ago IMO.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hodgson's England on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 2960 viewsLadbrokeR

Hodgson's England on 00:28 - Mar 27 by LadbrokeR

What part of that game looked like a training session ?

Come on an illustrious career in football punditry awaits. We pressed high up the park, we held the ball well, our defence was tested, some young players showed an appetite that hasn't been seen for a long time. We came back from 2 nil down away against the world champions and scored some excellent goals. What part of that was like a training game.
Hodgson's England on 13:27 - Mar 27 with 2936 viewsdaveB

England have been getting better for a few years now, think we'll do well this summer, fancy us to get to the semi finals
Hodgson's England on 13:27 - Mar 27 with 2935 viewsthemodfather

well a spurs second 11 beat the world champs..why won't kane pass the ball? ie feed the runner, time and time again he wouldn't release the ball...alli missed many chances...still 2-0 down and to get level was great but to win was excellent...there are no friendlies v the gremans, never. this was a famous away win and we should big it up, cos the press would slaughter them if we lost.
Hodgson's England on 13:58 - Mar 27 with 2891 viewsPunteR

Hodgson's England on 13:17 - Mar 27 by LadbrokeR

Come on an illustrious career in football punditry awaits. We pressed high up the park, we held the ball well, our defence was tested, some young players showed an appetite that hasn't been seen for a long time. We came back from 2 nil down away against the world champions and scored some excellent goals. What part of that was like a training game.

Your probably right, I don't remember too much about the game tbh...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hodgson's England on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 2747 viewsHendonHoop

Bit annoyed with the keeper Butland. He should have just thrown the ball out and signalled to come off the pitch. If he gave away a goal like that in a World cup game, I would never pick him again.
Hodgson's England on 18:41 - Mar 27 with 2681 viewsDylanP

Hodgson's England on 23:11 - Mar 26 by PunteR

looked like a training session to me. We took the goals well though. Good to beat the Germans of course.

Is that a joke? I don't get it.

The England team played with energy, passion and urgency. Germany played hard too. That is the opposite of a training session. Everyone on the pitch looked like they really cared about the outcome.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hodgson's England on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 2660 viewsHendonHoop

For me. That opening goal of the game caused by a bad error from a professional keeper who should know much better was the only real blip. As a Team, I really think England looked the part and these youngsters seem to be very happy together and eager, enthusiastic and wanted to be there. So much better than some of the gloomy looking dour lot that we have become so used to over the last 10 years or so. They seem happy under Roy, so he must be doing something right. Good luck to them, at this rate, they could become a real joy to watch.
Hodgson's England (n/t) on 18:58 - Mar 27 with 2651 viewsPunteR

Hodgson's England on 18:41 - Mar 27 by DylanP

The England team played with energy, passion and urgency. Germany played hard too. That is the opposite of a training session. Everyone on the pitch looked like they really cared about the outcome.

[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 19:22]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Hodgson's England on 19:12 - Mar 27 with 2630 viewspaulparker

Hodgson's England on 13:27 - Mar 27 by daveB

England have been getting better for a few years now, think we'll do well this summer, fancy us to get to the semi finals

Really I must have missed the last World Cup
Come the Euros we will be watching Rooney & Milner plodding around , Hodgson is a defensive coach and should have been sacked after Brazil, last night was a one off we won't get past the group stages

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hodgson's England on 21:50 - Mar 27 with 2498 viewsdenhamhoop2

Loved the fact we pressed throughout and played a high line will leave us vulnerable defensively but Id rather we were interesting nobodies than the dull knocked out early plodders we traditionally have been at tournaments.We got even better once Barkley came on as he is a rarity an Englishman who plays with his head up.Hopefully it wont be an automatic return for Rooney and Milner when France arrives sadly not sure this will be the case.Center defence will be a problem but thats through lack of choice really.Just remember last Euros Lescott started and look how poor he is now
Hodgson's England on 21:59 - Mar 27 with 2488 viewsMrSheen

Hodgson's England on 17:44 - Mar 27 by HendonHoop

Bit annoyed with the keeper Butland. He should have just thrown the ball out and signalled to come off the pitch. If he gave away a goal like that in a World cup game, I would never pick him again.

Broke his ankle, missing the tournament. Astonishing that it can happen with no-one near him.
Hodgson's England on 23:53 - Mar 27 with 2388 viewsLadbrokeR

Hodgson's England on 18:41 - Mar 27 by DylanP

Mate I think that Punte R has held his hands up on this one
Hodgson's England on 01:44 - Mar 28 with 2341 viewsBlackCrowe

Well my OP turned out to be a bit lame. Germany seemed to treat it as little more than a run out but England looked good. Keep the likes of Rooney and Sterling and the other bling boys out and there might a bit of genuine spirit in the side. Fear that Hodgson hasn't the cahunas will revert to type come the competition.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hodgson's England on 01:53 - Mar 28 with 2341 viewsWareRanger

I've just got home from Stansted Airport having spent 3 days out in Berlin including spending Saturday night with 4,000 of my fellow Englishmen in the away end of The Olympic Stadium in Berlin.
It's not for me to say whether you should have at least a passing interest in the England football team or not but anyone who was there on Saturday will say what a great experience it was to see us come back from two goals down and beat the Germans in their own back yard.
I loved it, as I do all my England trips and can't wait to go out to France to see us in the Euros's.
I think that this team looks like it's got real potential but if we fail to perform as usual then so what? I'd still rather spend my summer holiday traveling round France watching England play football than sit in the usual crappy bars in Marbella or wherever.
And let's face it, we've all got a long wait if we want to follow QPR around Europe...
Hodgson's England on 02:53 - Mar 28 with 2323 viewstimcocking

Whoever is responsible for the truly hideous monstrosity of a kit deserves horse whipping. We looked like bloody Latvia or Lithuania or something. Bitterly disappoints a fella like myself, with such impeccable sartorial elegance, to be associated with that shoite.

Fantastic effort from the team though. I read it's the first time Germany have ever lost from 2-0 down, let alone at home.
Hodgson's England on 05:47 - Mar 28 with 2297 viewsLadbrokeR

Hodgson's England on 01:53 - Mar 28 by WareRanger

I've just got home from Stansted Airport having spent 3 days out in Berlin including spending Saturday night with 4,000 of my fellow Englishmen in the away end of The Olympic Stadium in Berlin.
It's not for me to say whether you should have at least a passing interest in the England football team or not but anyone who was there on Saturday will say what a great experience it was to see us come back from two goals down and beat the Germans in their own back yard.
I loved it, as I do all my England trips and can't wait to go out to France to see us in the Euros's.
I think that this team looks like it's got real potential but if we fail to perform as usual then so what? I'd still rather spend my summer holiday traveling round France watching England play football than sit in the usual crappy bars in Marbella or wherever.
And let's face it, we've all got a long wait if we want to follow QPR around Europe...

I used to go home and away regularly but I have been picking and choosing my games of late. I am going out to the Wales game in the Euros.
Hodgson's England on 08:29 - Mar 28 with 2253 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hodgson's England on 02:53 - Mar 28 by timcocking

Whoever is responsible for the truly hideous monstrosity of a kit deserves horse whipping. We looked like bloody Latvia or Lithuania or something. Bitterly disappoints a fella like myself, with such impeccable sartorial elegance, to be associated with that shoite.

Fantastic effort from the team though. I read it's the first time Germany have ever lost from 2-0 down, let alone at home.

We did it in 1970. Bonetti's balls up.

2-0 and cruising, Ramsey makes subs, end of World Cup - 2 -3.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hodgson's England on 08:34 - Mar 28 with 2246 viewsCamberleyR

Hodgson's England on 01:44 - Mar 28 by BlackCrowe

Well my OP turned out to be a bit lame. Germany seemed to treat it as little more than a run out but England looked good. Keep the likes of Rooney and Sterling and the other bling boys out and there might a bit of genuine spirit in the side. Fear that Hodgson hasn't the cahunas will revert to type come the competition.

Hodgson depressingly already saying that the rotund scouser will almost certainly return when fit....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35908204

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hodgson's England on 08:42 - Mar 28 with 2234 viewsjonno

Hodgson's England on 08:34 - Mar 28 by CamberleyR

Hodgson depressingly already saying that the rotund scouser will almost certainly return when fit....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35908204

Oh dear.
Hodgson's England on 09:58 - Mar 28 with 2163 viewsRangersw12

Hodgson's England on 05:47 - Mar 28 by LadbrokeR

I used to go home and away regularly but I have been picking and choosing my games of late. I am going out to the Wales game in the Euros.

Used to pick and choose away when I was younger but haven't been for a few years now due to the kids

Saying that also doing the Wales game not bothered about tickets just looking forward to a day out
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 10:33]
Hodgson's England on 10:17 - Mar 28 with 2131 viewsdaveB

Hodgson's England on 19:12 - Mar 27 by paulparker

Really I must have missed the last World Cup
Come the Euros we will be watching Rooney & Milner plodding around , Hodgson is a defensive coach and should have been sacked after Brazil, last night was a one off we won't get past the group stages

we produced a similar performance against France, we were poor in Brazil but 2 years on he's put together a new younger team which has a decent chance. I think Hodgson has done a pretty good job and rather than being defensive the problem in Brazil was we were to open and attacking which left us pushing for winners in games where a draw would have done
Hodgson's England on 15:52 - Mar 28 with 2018 viewskensalriser

I just hope he doesn't pick a squad packed full of repeat sicknotes; too many from the likes of Welbeck, Sturridge, Ramsay, Walcott, Rooney (add your own) is just a waste of spaces if they're not going to be fit and available for every game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hodgson's England on 15:58 - Mar 28 with 2009 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hodgson's England on 15:52 - Mar 28 by kensalriser

I just hope he doesn't pick a squad packed full of repeat sicknotes; too many from the likes of Welbeck, Sturridge, Ramsay, Walcott, Rooney (add your own) is just a waste of spaces if they're not going to be fit and available for every game.

Do you mean Wiltshire instead of Ramsay?
Hodgson's England on 16:52 - Mar 28 with 1973 viewsLblock

Christ, the positivity I was feeling like has just been evaporated upon seeing Woy will be naming James Fcukin Milner as captain tomorrow night

Christ I detest Milner

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hodgson's England on 17:25 - Mar 28 with 1942 viewskensalriser

Hodgson's England on 15:58 - Mar 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you mean Wiltshire instead of Ramsay?

Wilshire, yes indeed, Ramsay unlikely to be picked by Hodgson!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 17:26]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024