Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any films, movies, tv shows 20:51 - Apr 3 with 10122 viewsBoston

...shot in your house, on your street, around your neighbourhood? Back in the day in Wembley, (I've rattled on about this previously), they filmed a lot of Quadrophenia in the little streets out the back of me. Where I currently reside, Milton Massachusetts, they filmed the Witches of Eastwick.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 0:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any films, movies, tv shows on 21:59 - Apr 3 with 6839 viewsRangersDave

Filmed shed loads in Liverpool, but a mile from me they filmed some of Captain America and Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey version).

Literally 60ft from my front door Sean Bean filmed a courtroom drama in the old young offenders building.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 22:00]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:01 - Apr 3 with 6833 viewskomradkirk

Lots of Game of Thrones filmed in the countryside around me.Winterfell,Hardhome,Dalthraki rider scenery.....Big business for the bus tours.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:42 - Apr 3 with 6812 viewsitsbiga

I live in Los Angeles, take your pick lol

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:54 - Apr 3 with 6802 viewsTacticalR

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:01 - Apr 3 by komradkirk

Lots of Game of Thrones filmed in the countryside around me.Winterfell,Hardhome,Dalthraki rider scenery.....Big business for the bus tours.

Northern Ireland film boom fuelled by Game of Thrones and Belfast punk film
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/dec/28/northern-ireland-game-of-thrones

Air hostess clique

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:55 - Apr 3 with 6801 viewsPeterHucker

When I used to live on Ormiston Grove they made a film there with that fit lass out of Trainspotting and mateyboy who is now James Bond playing some crazy bloke.
They also film some stuff in the Harp Cafe on Uxbridge Road but they put different signage up on the front for a few weeks.
The film is called Some Voices, they show it on Film4 from time to time.
It's bollocks.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:58 - Apr 3 with 6798 viewsDWQPR

The Monty Python Ministry of Funny Walks sketch used my Dad's newsagents in Thorpebank Road. The gasman sketch was also filmed in Thorpebank Road and the shop was also used in a one off film for TV called Black and White Secrets, which starred Warren Mitchell. A lot of Quadrophenia was also filmed in the roads surrounding Wormholt Park.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Any films, movies, tv shows on 23:31 - Apr 3 with 6773 viewsloftboy

A Sean Connery film was shot in Bracknell in the early 70's, a house my mate ended up buying was on it, when I lived in Chertsey the Paul Potts biography was filmed in the high st,it was meant to be Wales, one of those police camera action episodes had a car chase which went past my mum and dads house in Bracknell. Superstars when Keegan fell off his bike was at Bracknell sports centre, and some of the Harry potter films was filmed in Bracknell but not sure where.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Any films, movies, tv shows on 06:04 - Apr 4 with 6719 viewsstowmarketrange

An early episode of Minder was filmed in the launderette where my mum worked,and they blocked off the road for days while they were filming.If only I'd known that Waterman was a Chelshite slag I would've set his caravan alight.
Login to get fewer ads

Any films, movies, tv shows on 06:17 - Apr 4 with 6712 viewsOutWestR

I remember when this was filmed on the Hurst Park estate in Molesey when I was a kid.

Oh dear ...
Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:20 - Apr 4 with 6693 viewsHarrowRoadR

Terry in Minder original flat was on the corner of Barlby Road as you go round the triangle to North Pole Road. Sunhill Police station was in what was originally Rootes in Barlby road and they often filmed in the Peabody flats next door.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:27 - Apr 4 with 6687 viewsdaveB

Nuns on the Run was filmed round the corner from me, the church was by Turnham Green station.

American Tail was also animated near me as was some of Roger Rabbit
Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:39 - Apr 4 with 6667 viewsA40Bosh

Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:27 - Apr 4 by daveB

Nuns on the Run was filmed round the corner from me, the church was by Turnham Green station.

There are very few places left in the whole of Eastcote and Ruislip that did not end up in one scene or another in The Inbetweeners series.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:41 - Apr 4 with 6666 viewsstowmarketrange

Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:20 - Apr 4 by HarrowRoadR

Terry in Minder original flat was on the corner of Barlby Road as you go round the triangle to North Pole Road. Sunhill Police station was in what was originally Rootes in Barlby road and they often filmed in the Peabody flats next door.

There was another Sunhill police station in Merton.The cast used to drink in the William Morris pub just around the corner.The bloke who played Jim Carver was always p#ssed when he staggered out every time I saw him in there.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:50 - Apr 4 with 6650 viewsdaveB

we also had Police Five filmed on our estate when a bloke was stabbed in the 80's. Obviously tragic etc but I was very excited to see Shaw taylor
Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:53 - Apr 4 with 6645 viewsDorse

Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:27 - Apr 4 by daveB

I would have thought that Turnham Green was the ideal location for filming The Incredible Hulk.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Any films, movies, tv shows on 08:18 - Apr 4 with 6623 viewsthorpebankR

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:58 - Apr 3 by DWQPR

The Monty Python Ministry of Funny Walks sketch used my Dad's newsagents in Thorpebank Road. The gasman sketch was also filmed in Thorpebank Road and the shop was also used in a one off film for TV called Black and White Secrets, which starred Warren Mitchell. A lot of Quadrophenia was also filmed in the roads surrounding Wormholt Park.

Remember your dad Reggie well and Tom's around the corner although he was Chelsea! also grange hill filmed down Thorpebank as well as John le Mesurier living there for a while.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 08:53 - Apr 4 with 6608 viewsToast_R

The Bill was filmed in the flat I rented a week after I vacated in 2002. I remember seeing the episode a couple of months later. The bloke who was in Neighbours was doing a scene there.

Also my dads old Typewriter shop in Raynes Park was also used for The Bill in the mid 90's.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 6589 viewsflynnbo

Remember following (it was my route to work, btw) June Brown in her Charleston 2CV to where they filmed The Bill at the industrial estate on Merton. One episode was filmed at the school, Toast. Also remember seeing the late Tosh from said same series in a nearby pub totally slaughtered.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:46 - Apr 4 with 6583 viewsAitch

Any films, movies, tv shows on 23:31 - Apr 3 by loftboy

A Sean Connery film was shot in Bracknell in the early 70's, a house my mate ended up buying was on it, when I lived in Chertsey the Paul Potts biography was filmed in the high st,it was meant to be Wales, one of those police camera action episodes had a car chase which went past my mum and dads house in Bracknell. Superstars when Keegan fell off his bike was at Bracknell sports centre, and some of the Harry potter films was filmed in Bracknell but not sure where.

Pretty sure Harry Potters house was in Forest Park. A lot of forest/woods scenes were filmed in Virginia Waters as well.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:02 - Apr 4 with 6573 viewsBrightonhoop

One of the Sweeneys was shot almost entirely on location at Brunel Uni. John Thaw was a bit frightening but in real life was very small and wasn't so frightening after that. He had connection in Hayes too, not sure if he lived there but would see him around.
Loads in Brighton, Quadrophenia being the obvious one.
And here in Almeria it's known for the old Spaghetti Westerns and studios and sets still stand, still get used. Game of Thrones filmed at Alcazaba and Ridley Scots Exodus filmed largely all around here.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:21 - Apr 4 with 6550 viewsJuzzie

"Performance" starring Mick Jagger had exterior scenes shot around the corner from me. This was on the corner of Powis Square W11 and It was a typical Victorian house with pillars but what made it unique was the conservatory on the first floor balcony. I don't think any other balconies in the area had this, the were just open to the elements.

We knew the people who lived there and they continually had tourists knock on the door wanting to see the amazing home Jagger's character lived in. They didn't know the indoor shots were filmed elsewhere and when you opened the front door to this house, it was just a couple of doors to flats, a rickety old staircase and a manky pushchair in the lobby. Many, many disappointed people left!

It's long gone now (probably 'elf & safety as I think the roof was made of lead).

(my old art teacher lived in the flats you can just see to the right in the above picture).

[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 13:53]
Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:24 - Apr 4 with 6546 viewsizlingtonhoop

Any films, movies, tv shows on 22:42 - Apr 3 by itsbiga

I live in Los Angeles, take your pick lol

Kinda beat me to it.

Round here in IZywood it's more difficult to find a spot where nothing has ever been filmed.

Edit. Perhaps the oddest one is that duck-billed platypus who wanders around advertising his bank just behind chez-Iz!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 10:31]
Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:51 - Apr 4 with 6524 viewsaston_hoop

Filmed a few scenes from the Night Manager which is currently on the BBC around my way.

Once saw an old house I lived in Reading during a police car chase on one of those police chase shows

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 11:38 - Apr 4 with 6501 viewsMick_S

The locations people from Minder turned up one day at my Dad's factory just off Willesden High Street and asked if they could hire it for some filming; we all got £40.00 for a day's work and I am in a couple of scenes doing some ironing.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 12:08]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 12:14 - Apr 4 with 6461 viewsqueensparker

When I was about six they filmed a bit of Grange Hill in Queen Anne's Gardens in Ealing where we lived back then. Got to stand around and see Tucker and Alan and Benny. It was the most exciting thing I'd ever seen.

And years later my folks rented out their house for a scene in something called the Ghostbusters of East Finchley, where they laid out a body for viewing in a coffin in our front room. The old fella that played the "body" was a lovely old bloke, pointed out he didn't get many jobs these days but this was a nice easy one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024