Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565520 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 09:22 - Nov 27 with 5654 viewstraininvain

Tulsa King on Paramount/ Amazon prime. Stallone as a mafia capo exiled to Oklahoma after being released from a long stretch in prison. An unexpected hit.
Half decent tv on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 5601 viewssilverbirch

Half decent tv on 22:57 - Nov 16 by GaryT

5 episodes into The Peripheral, The Bear and This Is Going To Hurt and all are very good shows. The Bear and TIGTH are slightly pulling away with TIGTH ahead by a nose. These two look like classics in the making.

Edit, also four episodes into The English. Quality drama but I'm sticking with the other two being slightly ahead possibly due to the mixture of emotions they throw at you.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 23:04]

After giving The Peripheral episode one a thumbs up, I found it didn’t maintain the standard. Still good, but not great.
The Bear has a 100% score on rotten tomatoes review site, which is pretty rare, I think.
This Is Going To Hurt is definitely a classic.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 10:11]
Half decent tv on 17:43 - Dec 7 with 5389 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Slow Horses' back on Apple for a second series.

Lovely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 18:25 - Dec 7 with 5345 viewsKiwi76

Half decent tv on 17:43 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Lovely.

Just listened to podcast with Gary Oldman & they are already into 3rd & 4th seasons so more to look forward to.
The Mick Herron books are great & think they’re doing them justice which doesn’t always happen.
We’ve enjoyed Peripheral without knowing exactly what’s going on…
Also shout out for White Lotus coming to an end here next week & while not quite as memorable as first season has built to pretty good ending
Half decent tv on 19:15 - Dec 7 with 5288 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lovely.

Just watched the first series.

I liked it, but found Gary Oldman’s character a bit hammy. I’m a big fan of his otherwise.
Half decent tv on 19:22 - Dec 7 with 5284 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 19:15 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I liked it, but found Gary Oldman’s character a bit hammy. I’m a big fan of his otherwise.

Fair comment. Funny enough (just) to get away with it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 19:29 - Dec 7 with 5266 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 19:22 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair comment. Funny enough (just) to get away with it?

Yeah he was still entertaining. Shall give him another chance !
Half decent tv on 20:12 - Dec 7 with 5216 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 19:15 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Gary Oldman is always hammy. Good show though.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 20:58 - Dec 7 with 5183 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 18:40 - Nov 16 by Ranger_Things

Very good series and beautifully filmed.

Yep, this is my kind of drama.. beautifully shot as you say. Love the stillness that lets the landscape speak for itself. Two episodes in. Extraordinary.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 09:22 - Dec 8 with 4996 viewsPinnerPaul

Last week now, but will be available on the usual catch up channels.

Grayson Perry's Art Club - preview of the next exhibition - some truly heart warming stories/people in there.
Half decent tv on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 4988 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 18:25 - Dec 7 by Kiwi76

Just listened to podcast with Gary Oldman & they are already into 3rd & 4th seasons so more to look forward to.
The Mick Herron books are great & think they’re doing them justice which doesn’t always happen.
We’ve enjoyed Peripheral without knowing exactly what’s going on…
Also shout out for White Lotus coming to an end here next week & while not quite as memorable as first season has built to pretty good ending

I enjoyed the first book, but the second book, now the basis of the new series I believe, was so ludicrous it put me off him completely.
Half decent tv on 13:04 - Dec 8 with 4905 viewsW13R

Lovely.

I've just started to watch the first series and realised a lot of the filming is done around Barbican where I work.

I had to do a double take as the chinese restaurant in one of the scenes is actually a cafe run by a couple of turkish guys I use sometimes.

Now I know what they are filming when I see the big film and catering trucks!
Half decent tv on 13:50 - Dec 8 with 4853 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 13:04 - Dec 8 by W13R

I've just started to watch the first series and realised a lot of the filming is done around Barbican where I work.

I had to do a double take as the chinese restaurant in one of the scenes is actually a cafe run by a couple of turkish guys I use sometimes.

Now I know what they are filming when I see the big film and catering trucks!

Exactly where the books are set. Slough House is on Aldersgate Street, opposite the Nuffield Health gym.
Half decent tv on 13:56 - Dec 8 with 4843 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For those who like War Films, The Forgotten Battle is on Netlfix, albeit in Dutch.
Half decent tv on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 4787 viewsPaddyhoops

Half decent tv on 13:56 - Dec 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

For those who like War Films, The Forgotten Battle is on Netlfix, albeit in Dutch.

I’m a big fan Of Ghosts , the BBC comedy. I’ve Been watching the American version on the IPlayer and it’s well worth a watch..
Half decent tv on 17:12 - Dec 8 with 4761 viewsenfieldargh

Gary Oldman's character sounds like Daphne Moons' brother Simon in Frasier and in some shots he looks like Robert Elms

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 18:44 - Dec 8 with 4714 viewshubble

I don't know if Animal Kingdom has been mentioned in this thread yet, but it is a superlative action/crime/thriller/drama and finally they've got all six seasons on Prime. Starring Ellen Barkin as the Cody family matriarch, this is a seriously underrated series IMHO, that ranks right up there with the very best, especially in terms of plot and character development. Plus it is stylish and sexy, with seriously great heists!

Half decent tv on 22:15 - Dec 8 with 4637 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 18:44 - Dec 8 by hubble

I don't know if Animal Kingdom has been mentioned in this thread yet, but it is a superlative action/crime/thriller/drama and finally they've got all six seasons on Prime. Starring Ellen Barkin as the Cody family matriarch, this is a seriously underrated series IMHO, that ranks right up there with the very best, especially in terms of plot and character development. Plus it is stylish and sexy, with seriously great heists!

Couldn’t agree more. We just finished season 6 a few days ago and are suffering withdrawal symptoms. Would be interested to know what you thought of the ending.
Half decent tv on 22:24 - Dec 8 with 4619 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 18:44 - Dec 8 by hubble

Never overcame my grief that they moved it from Melbourne and that Ben Mendelsohn wasn’t in it to give it a proper chance. Maybe I’ll try again.
Half decent tv on 11:40 - Dec 9 with 4484 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 22:24 - Dec 8 by MrSheen

Never overcame my grief that they moved it from Melbourne and that Ben Mendelsohn wasn’t in it to give it a proper chance. Maybe I’ll try again.

It's very different to that original film, hard to imagine Ben Mendelsohn in this version. I think you have to clear your mind of that version and start again. It's certainly not to everyone's taste, but I love it.

Half decent tv on 14:23 - Dec 12 with 4313 viewsHAYESBOY

Just finished the 4 episodes of the latest Strike series (5). Best one yet, really good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 14:54 - Dec 12 with 4269 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 11:40 - Dec 9 by hubble

It's very different to that original film, hard to imagine Ben Mendelsohn in this version. I think you have to clear your mind of that version and start again. It's certainly not to everyone's taste, but I love it.

Ben Mendelsohn was indeed memorable in the role but Shaun Hatosy, who plays Pope in the US version is every bit as good in a slightly different and just as terrifying way.
Half decent tv on 15:32 - Dec 12 with 4224 viewsToast_R

Been impressed with the first 5 episodes of Tulsa King on Paramount Plus. Sly Stallone's foray into the series format and plays a recently released from jail, too old and outcast Mobster. Actually works very well so far. He's convincing and there's some great jokes in there acknowledging his maturing age but you have to say, he's looking pretty good for mid 70s and the acting is on point. Worth a watch.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 15:34]
Half decent tv on 08:04 - Dec 15 with 4014 viewsPhildo

the new itvx app is very buggy but if you can stand it I thought A spy among friends was excellent - Damian Lewis as usual was brilliant
Half decent tv on 11:49 - Dec 19 with 3851 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 11:40 - Dec 9 by hubble

Great tip. Really into it now, so dark. Do you think Ellen Barkin got the terrible cosmetic surgery specially for the part?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024