Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565347 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 20:48 - Jan 22 with 4989 viewsBluce_Ree

Watched TLOU.

Much like the games, it doesn't respect your time at all. It's slow. And the girl playing Ellie looks 'off.' I think it's the fact that she doesn't seem to blink at all. She's one dimensionally obnoxious.

Also, much like all zombie(ish) things. Not enough zombie things too many human pricks.

But, it's okay. I'll stick with it for now. But not sure I'll make it to the end.

Opening credits were awful.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 20:57 - Jan 22 with 4968 viewstraininvain

One for the 90’s hip hop heads, Wu-Tang An American Saga on Disney+. Only a couple of episodes in but a promising start.
Half decent tv on 21:28 - Jan 22 with 4933 viewsPeterHucker

Recently watched 3 films of Amazon that I really liked. All quite well know so not really under the radar stuff....

The Banshees Of Inisherin, really liked it. Dark humour, beatiful remote Irish location.

Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent, if you like daft Nicolas Cage films then you'll love this one in which he plays himself and sends himself up very well.

Everything Everywhere All At Once, multidimensional sci fi

A few others that have already been mentioned but I really loved them....

If you like horror but not corny formulaic slasher horror then Cabinet Of Curiosities on Netflix is great. Each episode has no relation to the others so you can watch them in any order. I especially liked episodes 1 2 3 4 7 and 8.

The Forgotten Battle (WW2 film) and All Quiet On The Western Front (WW1 film) both on Netflix both really good.

But the best thing I've seen recently is Japanese timetravelling sci-fi comedy Beyond The Infinite Two Minutes. Keep an eye out for it on Film4, they show it from time to time.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/beyond-the-infinite-two-minutes
Half decent tv on 21:48 - Jan 22 with 4907 viewsgobbles

Half decent tv on 18:05 - Jan 4 by E17hoop

2nd series of White Lotus was excellent.

Absolutely loved both series. Hilarious
Half decent tv on 17:36 - Jan 23 with 4718 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 20:57 - Jan 22 by traininvain

One for the 90’s hip hop heads, Wu-Tang An American Saga on Disney+. Only a couple of episodes in but a promising start.

I thought this was great. Also on iPlayer is a 4 part documentary Fight the Power: How Hip-Hop Changed the World.
Half decent tv on 10:34 - Jan 30 with 4501 viewsPhildo

Happy Valley on the BBC at the moment is fantastic drama - well worth a look if you have dismissed as some sort of happy horse drama. Last part next week and unbelievably tense.

The actor playing the young lad Ryan has been a total revelation.
Half decent tv on 12:01 - Jan 30 with 4432 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I quite enjoyed Narvik and Vespa the other night.

Vespa was a surprise for a low budget British Sci-fi it was better than a lot of bigger budget efforts (Disney take note).

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 21:50 - Jan 30 with 4335 viewsLadbrokeR

Just finished blackbird and slow horses on Apple TV both very good
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:57 - Jan 30 with 4324 viewsRanger_Things

Enjoying new series’ of Baptiste and Fauda on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 22:27 - Jan 30 with 4279 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 21:57 - Jan 30 by Ranger_Things

fauda is excellent
Half decent tv on 22:31 - Jan 30 with 4276 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 10:34 - Jan 30 by Phildo

Happy Valley on the BBC at the moment is fantastic drama - well worth a look if you have dismissed as some sort of happy horse drama. Last part next week and unbelievably tense.

The actor playing the young lad Ryan has been a total revelation.

It's not very happy, though.
I agree, superb cast, storylines, everything.
Half decent tv on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 4096 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 21:57 - Jan 30 by Ranger_Things

Started this last night, thanks to your rec. Promosining start.

Thanks Ranger.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 11:06 - Jan 31 with 4055 viewsEsox_Lucius

If you were a fan of True Blood then you might enjoy First Kill on Netflix.
For something light hearted and complete bollox then the wonderful Melissa McCarthy in God's Favourite Idiot is a decent way to pass a few hours.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 3873 viewsGaryT

Enjoying Pennyworth, good shout!

Just finished White Lotus, very good.

Just started Poker Face, very good.

That is all.
Half decent tv on 00:12 - Feb 6 with 3724 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 18:02 - Feb 2 by GaryT

Enjoying Pennyworth, good shout!

Just finished White Lotus, very good.

Just started Poker Face, very good.

That is all.

Just watched Poker Face, first episode. Agreed, very good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 09:00 - Feb 6 with 3567 viewsSonofpugwash

Watching The Last Of Us.A bit formulaic but interesting(ish).
Deviates from the game apparently.

I hear the Beeb are rerunning Edge Of Darkness soon.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 9:02]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 12:12 - Feb 6 with 3477 viewsBluce_Ree

Started 'Shrinking' which is on AppleTV.

It's alright. I'm only watching it because Christa Miller is in it. Unfortunately she's had a lot of plastic surgery and looks like a disaster now.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 12:18 - Feb 6 with 3475 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 00:12 - Feb 6 by HAYESBOY

Just watched Poker Face, first episode. Agreed, very good.

After the first episode I binge watched the next three and it has settled into what the series is all about. In other words, a new take on Columbo. Occasionally I'll stumble upon an episode of Columbo and if I'm really lucky, one I've not seen before and despite it being, what, fifty years old now? It still has something special about it that separates it from the rest. I can't put my finger on it but I'm not sure Poker Face will be talked about in the same was as Columbo in 50 years time. I'm enjoying Poker face, the set up is the same (you see the murder and then she comes in and solves it but with the twist that she was there all along but we didn't see her) but...I don't know. They need to do something different in the next few episodes or it could get very samey samey which is a strange thing to say because that's exactly what Columbo was. So far it's very good but it's missing that little bit of magic that Columbo had, let's see how it goes.

Edit, I've just remembered something. There's a very silly thing about it taking four hours for the bad guys to catch up with her if she does anything that gives away her location and sure enough, on the stroke of four hours, they show up. yeah, that's a bit silly.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 12:30]
Half decent tv on 14:25 - Feb 6 with 3400 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 12:12 - Feb 6 by Bluce_Ree

It's alright. I'm only watching it because Christa Miller is in it. Unfortunately she's had a lot of plastic surgery and looks like a disaster now.

Ah man.

She was lovely in Scrubs.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 3395 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Half decent tv on 12:12 - Feb 6 by Bluce_Ree

Talking about a disaster did anybody see Madonna in LA last night WTF happened to her .
Got through all episodes of Tulsa King with Rocky and loved it .
The ending was a bit wierd but I suspect there will be another season they should renew it IMO
Half decent tv on 14:35 - Feb 6 with 3381 viewsTheChef

As suggested by Mrs Chef we're now watching the whole of Friends from start to finish (which to her astonishment I have never done). Quite happy to do so since:

a) it tends to be quite amusing
b) noting the perkiness of Jennifer Aniston in each episode is also a welcome distraction

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 3181 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned and I cannot be arsed to check back but just finished the first series of the Finnish 'Deadwind' it's excellent.

It has also introdeced me to my new favourite Finnish actress Pihla Viitala who looks a little bit like Jex Thoth in the first series. (Who?) .

Happy friday.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 13:53 - Feb 17 with 3072 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Mayor Of Kingston with Jeremy Renner before he got almost killed to death with his own snow plough .
Finished Season 1 and JFC its pretty brutal and slightly complicated but worth a watch.
Not a date series IMO just myself and the dog here
Half decent tv on 21:00 - Feb 17 with 2995 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 10:22 - Feb 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned and I cannot be arsed to check back but just finished the first series of the Finnish 'Deadwind' it's excellent.

It has also introdeced me to my new favourite Finnish actress Pihla Viitala who looks a little bit like Jex Thoth in the first series. (Who?) .

Happy friday.

Yep, great show. I’ve just started season 3.
Half decent tv on 22:59 - Feb 18 with 2904 viewsChrisNW6

Avoiding social media this weekend (apart from you lovely lot) and ploughing through Slow Horses (pardon the pun). Absolutely superb and Gary Oldman is brilliant.

Also watching The Gold which is also great viewing. Trying to avoid plot spoilers. Not entirely all factually correct but the casting and story is really good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024