Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565593 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 12:38 - Apr 21 with 5123 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really enjoying 'The Diplomat' on Netflix. Funny and interesting at the same time, though I'm a sucker for spy stuff.
Has the potential to descend into farce or soap, but I really hope it avoids both traps.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 15:13 - May 4 with 4865 viewsFG_R

Watched a film called ‘AKA’ on Netflix last night.

Fair as an action movie but of interest to football aficionados because Eric Cantona (he of the Kung Fu kick) plays a role as a gangster boss. His acting is actually quite good.

(You need to select English on the language option menu otherwise the film plays in French).
Half decent tv on 18:32 - May 4 with 4786 viewsPaddyhoops

Half decent tv on 12:06 - Mar 16 by SydneyRs

Rain Dogs starring Daisy May Cooper is one I'm enjoying at the moment. Worth a look.

Very saucy and near the knuckle and the Villian from Poldark is the star of the show.
Inside no 9 was brilliant the other night with Anita Dobson and Phil Daniels starring as a the most macabre couple of nut jobs you will ever see.
Half decent tv on 21:12 - May 6 with 4647 viewsRanger_Things

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Silo on Apple.

I also thought Citadel on Amazon was decent mindless fun.
Half decent tv on 05:14 - May 7 with 4558 viewsnix

Half decent tv on 12:38 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Really enjoying 'The Diplomat' on Netflix. Funny and interesting at the same time, though I'm a sucker for spy stuff.
Has the potential to descend into farce or soap, but I really hope it avoids both traps.

I really enjoyed this too.

The dialogue puts it a cut above soap opera at the moment. Hopefully they won't rush out the second series, which is where it can go wrong, like the most recent series of Line of Duty. Also they've taken trouble with the supporting roles, like Celia Imrie's delicious portrayal of a Tory power broker manipulating behind the scenes or Rory Kinnear's inadequate but over-educated Prime Minister, constantly quoting some philosopher or other.
Half decent tv on 19:01 - May 8 with 4375 viewsE17hoop

Half decent tv on 18:19 - Apr 13 by cheesy

Watched this over the last 2 nights and it is so good. I hear there is going to be a 2nd series.

Done the first couple of episodes of Blue Lights and it's started well.

Enjoying the last season of Succession and the last Mandalorian season was good. Enjoyed Dead Ringers on Amazon and going to give FROM a go next.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 09:18 - May 26 with 4200 viewsEsox_Lucius

Operation Buffalo. Very highly recommended.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 16:55 - May 26 with 4086 viewsWatfordR

Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland, BBC.

Terrifying, emotional, provocative, thought provoking, maybe even opinion changing, charting the descent of entire Northern Irish community into what is almost a psychotic episode.

Informative too, for anyone who might be interested in learning a bit more about "The Troubles". What TV ought to do more of in my opinion.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 16:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 17:08 - May 26 with 4066 viewsHAYESBOY

Class of 09 has started well on FX in the States. Might come to UK. Set in 3 different time lines - 2009 present day and then 2033.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 17:36 - May 27 with 3939 viewseasthertsr

Another vote here for Once upon a time in Northern Ireland. Superb series chronicling The Troubles through the voices of ordinary people on all sides. Hugely sad, enlightening and giving you real feel of what it was like to live through. Brilliant television.
Half decent tv on 21:44 - May 27 with 3876 viewsDiscodroids

Huge Irvine Welsh Fan. Just finished watching 'crime'.

What a mess. I might as well have watched 'Luther'. Overblown , bloated candy floss with zero taste.

What a crushing let down from the book.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Half decent tv on 11:43 - May 28 with 3762 viewsLadbrokeR

Half way through Ted Lasso. To be honest i’m Not sure.
Half decent tv on 12:03 - May 28 with 3750 viewstraininvain

Not sure Barry’s been mentioned on here but it’s very good fun. It’s a comedy created and starring Bill Hader about a hitman who starts taking acting classes in LA.

Final episode tonight for Barry and the excellent Succession which has arguably had its strongest season. I’ll need to find some new shows to watch!
Half decent tv on 20:58 - May 28 with 3657 viewsLblock

Just finished Guilt season 3
Mmmmmmmmm…… not sure
Series 1 was good
Series 2 was not as good
This series had its moments. Seen far, far worse

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 21:45 - May 30 with 3472 viewsPaddyhoops

Half decent tv on 16:55 - May 26 by WatfordR

Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland, BBC.

Terrifying, emotional, provocative, thought provoking, maybe even opinion changing, charting the descent of entire Northern Irish community into what is almost a psychotic episode.

Informative too, for anyone who might be interested in learning a bit more about "The Troubles". What TV ought to do more of in my opinion.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 16:57]

Just watched the second episode on IPlayer. Brilliant Television and a stark reminder of what an horrendous time in Britain and Ireland this was .
I lived 40 miles from the border and apart from cross country races in Belfast , it wasn’t a place you entered without trepidation.
A must watch and some truly uplifting stories.
Half decent tv on 02:00 - May 31 with 3403 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 11:43 - May 28 by LadbrokeR

Half way through Ted Lasso. To be honest i’m Not sure.

Thought the first two seasons were brilliant, but the third has gone way too far down the virtue signalling route, and I'm normally what people might consider "woke". Its painfully obvious in the latest series.
Half decent tv on 02:03 - May 31 with 3402 viewsSydneyRs

Anyone watched "A Town Called Malice"?

Sort of a mix between things like Life on Mars and Lock, Stock. The 80's soundtrack alone makes it a decent, entertaining watch without ever hitting great heights.

Paul Weller appears briefly as an extra in the very first scene.
Half decent tv on 06:55 - May 31 with 3282 viewsKiwi76

Agreeing with two recent posts but do it in one post or risk building my part up…
Traininvain bang on with Barry although have to watch from start - two eps to go.

And agree with Sydney that final season of Lasso is just honking the messages with volume at 11. Did enjoy first two seasons minus the brief football & guess will ride it out to end but not sure.

Lastly acknowledging the final of Succession - great writing & the cast clearly enjoying themselves with it. Best show in recent times for me
Half decent tv on 08:40 - May 31 with 3255 viewsPhildo

Discovered Drops of God on apple tv which I would recommend - currently on episode 5.
Half decent tv on 09:25 - Jun 4 with 3029 viewsDiscodroids

Shane Meadows 'The Gallows Pole'.

I Didn't know whether to laugh or cry watching it. I'll watch it again and probably do Both. It's a beautiful Creation. Infinite Beauty. Just watch it if you can.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Half decent tv on 12:38 - Jun 17 with 2768 viewsRamseyR

Amazon Prime

The Covenant by Guy Ritchie

Basically an Afghanistan shoot 'em up about the relationship between an American soldier and his interpreter, but much deeper than that.
A really, really good watch.
Half decent tv on 11:41 - Jun 26 with 2549 viewsBluce_Ree

Some decent comedies returning.

Always Sunny in Philadephia is back and the most recent episode (the chess one) was insane.

Next month we get;

Miracle Workers s4. Give this a go. Initially it seems a bit twee and rubbish but it got really good in s1 and has kept that up. It's a different setting each series too. Harry Potter guy is in it but he's alright.

What We Do in the Shadows s5. They could have ended this one a while back but it's still pretty funny.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 12:12 - Jun 26 with 2509 viewspaulparker

Half decent tv on 02:03 - May 31 by SydneyRs

Anyone watched "A Town Called Malice"?

Sort of a mix between things like Life on Mars and Lock, Stock. The 80's soundtrack alone makes it a decent, entertaining watch without ever hitting great heights.

Paul Weller appears briefly as an extra in the very first scene.

Got about 3 episodes in and knocked it on the head absolute crap
The lead girl in it is a terrible actress and her character hasn’t got any likeable features

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Half decent tv on 12:47 - Jun 26 with 2451 viewsSuperhoop83

Half decent tv on 12:03 - May 28 by traininvain

Not sure Barry’s been mentioned on here but it’s very good fun. It’s a comedy created and starring Bill Hader about a hitman who starts taking acting classes in LA.

Final episode tonight for Barry and the excellent Succession which has arguably had its strongest season. I’ll need to find some new shows to watch!

Another shout out for Barry.

It's taken me a while to get as far as I have - episode 6 of season 3 - because it needs binge watching but it is well worth a look.

I also recommend the latest season of Black Mirror.

Suffering since 1978.

Half decent tv on 17:21 - Jun 26 with 2370 viewsChrisNW6

Netflix Tour de France unchained, 3 episodes in and it's a much watch for all cycling fans. Really good insight into last year's tour from behind the scenes and I know the next few episodes will be amazing viewing even though I know how it ends 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024