Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry 15:31 - Jun 20 with 9925 viewsLowerloftLad

Just Signed a new one Year deal contract

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Henry on 15:35 - Jun 20 with 7715 viewsPinnerPaul

Fine by me and its nice to have next season's scapegoat sorted nice & early
Henry on 15:36 - Jun 20 with 7703 viewsLblock

Firkin brain dead club

Don't give me all this reliable bow locks, bloke was finished as a player years ago
And, YES, I would sooner see a raw kid in there and, YES, I would give them my support

Carrion in the centre of midfield -- season ticket looking a bargain

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Henry on 15:37 - Jun 20 with 7696 viewswombat

Henry on 15:36 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Firkin brain dead club

Don't give me all this reliable bow locks, bloke was finished as a player years ago
And, YES, I would sooner see a raw kid in there and, YES, I would give them my support

thats doughty not getting a look in next season then

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Henry on 15:49 - Jun 20 with 7638 viewsLblock

High intensity pacey pressing game that JDH wants to play is it?

Stacking the personnel for that nice and early then!

Henry on 15:56 - Jun 20 with 7582 viewssevenhoop

Henry on 15:49 - Jun 20 by Lblock

what, you get rid of Faurlin as he can't guarantee him games, lets a legend like Hill go as doesn't mean we can play high up the pitch, yet gives another contract to someone who takes an age to do anything, then invariably gets caught in possession or passes it back and does it all so bloody slowly that we never ever break quickly if he is involved.

I am absolutely speechless and will have another season of wondering whether I have to turn up and watch that useless pile of shite on the pitch again.

WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Henry on 15:59 - Jun 20 with 7555 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Henry on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 7554 viewsDando

He can do a job as a squad player, but the problem is I am pretty sure he will be starting games. I just don't get it. Surely the player himself would not want to sign a contract, knowing he was booed off by his own fans in most games?

Don't mind him to come on at the end of games to help protect a lead, but the though of him and Gladwin starting would be very concerning
Henry on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 7553 viewssimmo

Henry on 15:49 - Jun 20 by Lblock

To be fair to Henry, and if anybody has paid attention to my opinions on him you'd know I am far from his biggest fan, he does actually have the energy to press the opposition. In fact he was one of the few in the team that could. Henry's issue has never been his work off the ball, it's his ability with it!

I'd like to think we've made this signing on the basis that he's experienced, not too expensive and is a reliable pro with a good fitness record that can do a specific job when needed - he's actually quite good when tasked with doing something very simple. He probably won't complain if he's not playing every week and the manager knows he can be relied upon. There are plenty of limited players that are favoured by managers purely because they carry out the managers tactical instructions to the letter, Henry is clearly one of those.

I also said previously that although I didn't necessarily want to keep Henry, we would still have to replace him with a similar type of player as there is also nody else at the club that currently does that pure holding role, all our midfielders are offensive minded, so in that respect it makes sense. I just hope he's been offered negligible wages and is used purely as back up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Henry on 16:02 - Jun 20 with 7544 viewssimmo

Henry on 15:59 - Jun 20 by Discodroids

I wondered what your response would be and that's absolutely cracked me up

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Henry on 16:08 - Jun 20 with 7510 viewsichbinnaughty

Henry on 15:36 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Firkin brain dead club

Super goal last time out though...
Henry on 16:11 - Jun 20 with 7488 viewspaulparker

I don't get this at all , he is cack and slow with it,

even if Ale was unfit he still can pass a ball more than 5 yards something Henry cannot do , hopefully we have a few signings lined up because a midfield of Luango, Henry & Toszer is a very worrying thought

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Henry on 16:12 - Jun 20 with 7491 viewsPinnerPaul

Henry on 16:00 - Jun 20 by simmo

To be fair to Henry, and if anybody has paid attention to my opinions on him you'd know I am far from his biggest fan, he does actually have the energy to press the opposition. In fact he was one of the few in the team that could. Henry's issue has never been his work off the ball, it's his ability with it!

I'd like to think we've made this signing on the basis that he's experienced, not too expensive and is a reliable pro with a good fitness record that can do a specific job when needed - he's actually quite good when tasked with doing something very simple. He probably won't complain if he's not playing every week and the manager knows he can be relied upon. There are plenty of limited players that are favoured by managers purely because they carry out the managers tactical instructions to the letter, Henry is clearly one of those.

I also said previously that although I didn't necessarily want to keep Henry, we would still have to replace him with a similar type of player as there is also nody else at the club that currently does that pure holding role, all our midfielders are offensive minded, so in that respect it makes sense. I just hope he's been offered negligible wages and is used purely as back up.

Ah the left field sensible post - it'll never catch on!
Henry on 16:15 - Jun 20 with 7466 viewsLblock

Henry on 16:25 - Jun 20 with 7420 viewsDannytheR

Either he's going to be a first team starter (which is mental), or he's happy to pull a wage knowing he's going to be no more than a squad player.

In the grand scheme of things, let's just hope we can get shot of Sandro, Fer, Caulker and Phillips pronto. We're all going to be walking (slowly) in a Henry Wonderland if not.
Henry on 16:27 - Jun 20 with 7409 viewsconnell10

he is shite!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Henry on 16:29 - Jun 20 with 7396 viewsLblock

Simmo. I couldn't disagree with you more!!

Henry does not press the opposition and he is only slightly less ponderous without the ball than he is with it. He will crab across the park but usually only faces up whoever has the ball in his pose that makes him look like he's having a pony standing up, he rarely puts in a crunching challenge and this rarely happens inside the oppositions half.

If we cannot find someone younger, fitter, cheaper who also can trap a ball and pass it 5 yards in the same position then whatever scouts we have at the club should be sacked immediately

I hope some more inspiring announcements can be made by the club in due course

Henry on 16:31 - Jun 20 with 7386 viewsDiscodroids

Henry on 16:02 - Jun 20 by simmo

I wondered what your response would be and that's absolutely cracked me up

[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 8:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Henry on 16:36 - Jun 20 with 7358 viewsQPRDave

I blame brexit,....oh sh*t wrong thread,......I blame evil Les!
Henry on 16:44 - Jun 20 with 7318 viewsdaveB

odd move that one, don't really see the point of keeping him
Henry on 17:09 - Jun 20 with 7209 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Henry on 17:12 - Jun 20 with 7196 viewsCFW

Excellent, really excellent but I would expect nothing less from you my friend!!

My point is he is absolutely 'kin useless - so when we have an opportunity to get rid - end of contract etc and we hear Sir Les speaking very well about a different type of player required - we do the complete opposite. Is it me or at this point we just give up!!

Yes - ok it's me
Henry on 17:21 - Jun 20 with 7160 viewsAntti_Heinola

Unpleased by this. Was certain he'd be off this summer. Have no idea how he's going to dqueeze four bloody years out of us.
BUT - i hope he's signed knowing he's not first choice.
Clinging on to that.
Disagree with simmo though - I don't think he can press the oppo and never has been able to. His one and only skill is to be fairly immobile in front of the back 4.
Still, never had a problem with his attitude, he does work hard, won't be on much, blah blah.

Bare bones.

Henry on 17:24 - Jun 20 with 7138 viewsSimonJames

Maybe it's because they think they will fail to sign enough new players.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Henry on 17:25 - Jun 20 with 7138 viewsjohncharles

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAÀAÀARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRŔRGGGGGGGVVGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strong and stable my arse.

Henry on 17:26 - Jun 20 with 7126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Henry on 16:00 - Jun 20 by simmo

Ya, I think it depends on his likely role and wages.

I'm willing to wait and see on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024