Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry 15:31 - Jun 20 with 10003 viewsLowerloftLad

Just Signed a new one Year deal contract

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Henry on 17:26 - Jun 20 with 2454 viewsadhoc_qpr

If he's taken a pay cut and he understands he is here as a rotational player - then fine.

If he's been re-signed to be first choice, it doesn't bode well for a summer revamp.

I suspect it's more the former and because we let Faurlin go and needed a bit of experience.
Henry on 17:31 - Jun 20 with 2445 views1BobbyHazell

Henry on 16:00 - Jun 20 by simmo

To be fair to Henry, and if anybody has paid attention to my opinions on him you'd know I am far from his biggest fan, he does actually have the energy to press the opposition. In fact he was one of the few in the team that could. Henry's issue has never been his work off the ball, it's his ability with it!

I'd like to think we've made this signing on the basis that he's experienced, not too expensive and is a reliable pro with a good fitness record that can do a specific job when needed - he's actually quite good when tasked with doing something very simple. He probably won't complain if he's not playing every week and the manager knows he can be relied upon. There are plenty of limited players that are favoured by managers purely because they carry out the managers tactical instructions to the letter, Henry is clearly one of those.

I also said previously that although I didn't necessarily want to keep Henry, we would still have to replace him with a similar type of player as there is also nody else at the club that currently does that pure holding role, all our midfielders are offensive minded, so in that respect it makes sense. I just hope he's been offered negligible wages and is used purely as back up.

I'd disagree that he is fit and dynamic enough to press the opposition in the modern style. And regardless of that his utter fear of the ball has such a strong knock on effect on a team trying to develop as a 'footballing' side that easily supercedes his average defensive abilities.

I was very critical of him before last season but didn't say or post a word when it became fashionable to dig him out especially early on. But I was extremely disappointed to see Jimmy play him on the right wing for 2 away games in a row when the season was over when we had a pile up of youngsters desperate for game time who could have been given some minutes. My concern being compounded by Jimmy then complaining about the players not 'expressing themsleves'. Mmmm?

So I hope his mere availability doesn't tempt Jimmy to play it safe at the expense of actually picking players who have a chance of developing as the coherent attacking unit that was clearly absent for large parts of last season. It is an aspect to our play that will definitely be required for an chance at progress from mid table battlers. Not that I'm expecting anything much this year but I'm hoping to see at least an attempt at some expansion.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:32]
Henry on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 2397 viewssimmo

Henry on 17:21 - Jun 20 by Antti_Heinola

Unpleased by this. Was certain he'd be off this summer. Have no idea how he's going to dqueeze four bloody years out of us.
BUT - i hope he's signed knowing he's not first choice.
Clinging on to that.
Disagree with simmo though - I don't think he can press the oppo and never has been able to. His one and only skill is to be fairly immobile in front of the back 4.
Still, never had a problem with his attitude, he does work hard, won't be on much, blah blah.

I think for a team that was patently unfit, Henry was one of the few that maintained the required stamina. He also does exactly what's asked of him across various roles (most of which he's shite at). Again I am not that happy myself and would rather he wasn't retained, but I THINK I can see some of the logic that JFH must be using to make his decision.

Let's wait and see. He's not the worst option as a squad player, although I'm surprised that there are no better alternatives, even at this early stage.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 18:07]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Henry on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 2388 viewsAntti_Heinola

Henry on 18:06 - Jun 20 by simmo

I think for a team that was patently unfit, Henry was one of the few that maintained the required stamina. He also does exactly what's asked of him across various roles (most of which he's shite at). Again I am not that happy myself and would rather he wasn't retained, but I THINK I can see some of the logic that JFH must be using to make his decision.

Let's wait and see. He's not the worst option as a squad player, although I'm surprised that there are no better alternatives, even at this early stage.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 18:07]

Agree. There's some logic and at the moment I trust JFH's judgement. Anyone with a poor attitude and out of contract would be given the big heave ho.

Bare bones.

Henry on 18:21 - Jun 20 with 2372 viewsDannytheR

According to him, he's never been on big wages anyway, the poor love.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-midfielder-hints
Henry on 18:25 - Jun 20 with 2350 viewsDeepcutHoop

Not unhappy with that decision.
Henry on 18:33 - Jun 20 with 2338 viewsparker64

Not much experience left so can understand it. Sure there's better around but they'll probably involve a transfer fee. This is the new Rangers I guess where you're balancing what you're paying out. As has been said I suspect he'll do what's asked of him and the manager knows what he can get out of him. He was the only player on the pitch who appeared to encourage Kpekawa out in his cameo centre back game.
Henry on 18:42 - Jun 20 with 2315 viewsjohnhoop

So they came to the conclusion that Karl Henry was worth a one year contract extension an Alejandro Faurlin wasn't?
I'm still coming to terms with the idea of never seeing Ale play for us again and this is like rubbing salt into the wound.
Login to get fewer ads

Henry on 18:46 - Jun 20 with 2307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Henry on 18:42 - Jun 20 by johnhoop

So they came to the conclusion that Karl Henry was worth a one year contract extension an Alejandro Faurlin wasn't?
I'm still coming to terms with the idea of never seeing Ale play for us again and this is like rubbing salt into the wound.

They did want Ale to stay in fairness but couldn't guarantee him an automatic place.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Henry on 18:57 - Jun 20 with 2279 viewsjohnhoop

Henry on 18:46 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

They did want Ale to stay in fairness but couldn't guarantee him an automatic place.

Yes, I'm aware that was the justification for the decision that was trotted out afterwards Brian. Just not sure to what extent I believe it. Does anybody seriously think that Ale thought he'd be playing every game next season?
Henry on 19:28 - Jun 20 with 2238 viewsbosh67

More than happy that he's staying. Solid and a good influence on the younger players. Leads by example as a pro. On sensible wages and can do a job as a squad player next season when needed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Henry on 19:47 - Jun 20 with 2212 viewsdavman

Henry on 19:28 - Jun 20 by bosh67

More than happy that he's staying. Solid and a good influence on the younger players. Leads by example as a pro. On sensible wages and can do a job as a squad player next season when needed.

Agree, but at the moment, he's a first choice...

He had a much improved second half of the season, but then by then, the boo boys decided he could do no right.

Fine at this level and personally I think he does a hell of a lot of grafting that goes unnoticed.

(Just my opinion of course...)

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Henry on 20:40 - Jun 20 with 2171 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Henry on 18:57 - Jun 20 by johnhoop

Yes, I'm aware that was the justification for the decision that was trotted out afterwards Brian. Just not sure to what extent I believe it. Does anybody seriously think that Ale thought he'd be playing every game next season?

I don't honestly know, John, I just can't believe that they let him go because they didn't rate him. So - on balance - I'm inclined to believe their explanation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Henry on 20:58 - Jun 20 with 2151 viewsactonman

The bstards have literally waited for my cheque to clear before announcing that one !!!

So much for hoping for a new slick young attacking team next season
Henry on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 2145 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Henry on 23:16 - Jun 20 with 1843 viewsPunteR

He's no way as bad as some have made out on here imo. Yes he's not Iniesta but he's not a Tozser either. He's ok in my book. Steady championship player. Good attitude on the pitch.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Henry on 07:53 - Jun 21 with 1772 viewssevenhoop

Henry on 16:12 - Jun 20 by PinnerPaul

Ah the left field sensible post - it'll never catch on!

it wont catch on in this case because, with due repsect to Simmo, it's bollocks. He doesn't press (he jockeys and there's a world of difference as one gets there in time and the other never does) and is not a holding midfielder who offers any sort of protection to the back 4. a genuinely depressing signing
Henry on 10:33 - Jun 21 with 1714 viewsTacticalR

As with the departure of Faurlin, a bit uneasy about this.

I am not especially anti-Henry (I was never a particular admirer or detractor). He probably has appeal to the club as a trusted utility player.

However, this feels like a statement that we are going to be in this division for the long haul and there's not much point in having too much quality (or we can't afford any).

Air hostess clique

Henry on 10:43 - Jun 21 with 1706 viewsMvpeter

Urgh

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Henry on 10:46 - Jun 21 with 1695 viewsLblock

Henry on 07:53 - Jun 21 by sevenhoop

it wont catch on in this case because, with due repsect to Simmo, it's bollocks. He doesn't press (he jockeys and there's a world of difference as one gets there in time and the other never does) and is not a holding midfielder who offers any sort of protection to the back 4. a genuinely depressing signing

Bang. On

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Henry on 11:50 - Jun 21 with 1666 viewsA40Bosh

I can't wait for this current thread - or indeed any separate thread that may appear - to go 30 shades of total apoplectic meltdown when the club then announce Karl Henry as the new Club Captain for 2016-2017 season.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Henry on 12:47 - Jun 21 with 1634 viewsR_from_afar

Henry on 23:16 - Jun 20 by PunteR

He's no way as bad as some have made out on here imo. Yes he's not Iniesta but he's not a Tozser either. He's ok in my book. Steady championship player. Good attitude on the pitch.

I totally agree. Someone has to provide some defensive cover in our midfield and he is probably the best in the squad at doing that (although I'd love JFH to bring in a young, hungry but capable defensive midfielder from somewhere). At times, he looks worse than he is because he is having to make up for the defensive inadequacies of the rest of the midfield. Frankly, our midfield terrifies me when we haven't got the ball, plus most of our midfielders don't score any goals either!

Even with him, we are very lightweight in central midfield and I think it's an area which needs urgent and serious attention.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Henry on 13:02 - Jun 21 with 1622 viewsMatch82

Henry on 16:11 - Jun 20 by paulparker

I don't get this at all , he is cack and slow with it,

even if Ale was unfit he still can pass a ball more than 5 yards something Henry cannot do , hopefully we have a few signings lined up because a midfield of Luango, Henry & Toszer is a very worrying thought

I believe Ale was offered a contract, turned it down as there was no guarantee of playing time. They probably offered similar full Henry and he accepted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024