Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? 21:42 - Oct 18 with 10009 viewsbullythebear

Washington superb second half
Sylla looks like a steal
Onuoha immense at CB tonight
Great pressing across the front
Well done
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 23:49 - Oct 18 with 2865 viewsNorthLondonR

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 23:41 - Oct 18 by E17hoop

When he came on he immediately started pressing higher up the pitch than Lynch had done (and does) and started pushing O'Dowda back. In the second half, that translated into more opportunity for Washington.

Game of opinions I guess .. I thought he was positive and always looked to push forward but also didn't disgrace himself.... I think his pace helped him against the rotund tomlin but maybe I saw something different...

Which is me agreeing with you but someone else didn't agree which is good for debate I guess
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 23:51]
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 23:58 - Oct 18 with 2840 viewsHooped_Pullie

Well done to all concerned for tonight, one swallow and all that but praise where it's due, 21 shots tells its own story.

Pushing on is crucial now. Am reminded of Napoleon being told of the military prowess of his generals, and responding 'yes, but are they lucky ?' Dodging the sack on more than one front…I wonder.

A win (or even a point) at Wednesday would be lovely. I'm happy for the optimists tonight, long may it last.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 08:01 - Oct 19 with 2698 viewsLesleys_cat

Delighted we won. Well done my team and yes well done Jimmy. Now take the bull by the horns and play more like that and you can win over the doubters, including me!
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 8:01]
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 08:51 - Oct 19 with 2601 viewshoops_legend

I love this forum

If one thing had changed in the game and sylla missed his chance, the forum would be saying we have toothless team, no attacking mind, boring match and JFH needs to be out. Please see reading comments. I appreciate the game was a lot better than reading game regardless but that wouldnt stop half.the forum slating everything and everyone

We need to realise that JFH is actually a very good manager and the persona that qpr need with sensible acquisitions and good team control. Realise we wont get promoted every single season and relax

Great game and hopefully we kick on from here and get to play offs but i wont be losing my sh!t if we finish 12th either
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 08:57 - Oct 19 with 2583 viewsTheChef

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 22:51 - Oct 18 by NorthLondonR

Although he got bullied a couple of times by the fat boy (not many wouldn't) I was again impressed by hamalainen, always looks up when he receives the ball and looks to run into space. The passage back for Robinson might not be smooth. Lovely ball out the box late on too.

Give Hamalainen a run in the team I say. Should have done more than enough to start on Saturday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:03 - Oct 19 with 2564 viewsRangers67

As one of JFH,s critics it was nice to see a change in approach last night. The team was actually set up to win for once. Now I like some on here have been trying to steer Jimmy in this direction for some time and at last he has listened. So credit to Jimmy for listening and credit to all his doubters on here for their good advice. It doesn,t matter which way we got him to listen to us, at last he listened and it was like having my team back again. So Jimmy carry on like this and you just might get one of your three strikes back, don,t revert to type please and start playing one striker up fron hoofball.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:19 - Oct 19 with 2530 viewsLesleys_cat

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 08:51 - Oct 19 by hoops_legend

I love this forum

If one thing had changed in the game and sylla missed his chance, the forum would be saying we have toothless team, no attacking mind, boring match and JFH needs to be out. Please see reading comments. I appreciate the game was a lot better than reading game regardless but that wouldnt stop half.the forum slating everything and everyone

We need to realise that JFH is actually a very good manager and the persona that qpr need with sensible acquisitions and good team control. Realise we wont get promoted every single season and relax

Great game and hopefully we kick on from here and get to play offs but i wont be losing my sh!t if we finish 12th either

Hoops legend, I have been anti Hasslebank but came on here purposely to give praise and I think you can see quite a few others have. I imagine most would imagine that the anti hasslebank brigade would be conspicuous by their absence but that is not the case.

Not everything is black and white. Just because I haven't been happy with hasslebank, doesn't mean I don't love Qpr. Its absolutely fine to have different views. We need to somehow appreciate that without winding each other up trying to take the moral high ground.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:22 - Oct 19 with 2519 viewsPinnerPaul

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 23:18 - Oct 18 by baz_qpr

Blimey I thought the kid struggled really badly and the team were compensating really hard to protect him, miles off being ready, needs a good 6 months in league 2 to learn his trade against men especially positionally Would certainly not start with him on Saturday far too high risk.

However on a positive note pretty decent performance, top class performance from the chief MOTM for me Luongo had a good game as did Sylla and Washington had a good half. I thought Gladwin had a surprisingly positive impact in the middle, though please keep him away from set pieces

I thought he was somewhere between the two of your opinions!

At half time, he went to have a word with Smithies, who put his arm round him as they walked off.

He did make a couple of errors in that first 15' on the pitch.

He grew into the game 2nd half I thought, got caught a couple of times, but, he is never going to get used to pace of these games playing U23 or even league 2 football.

If we want youngsters to come through we have to be prepared to accept the odd mistake.

7/10 for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:24 - Oct 19 with 2514 viewsCamberleyR

Jimmy on hearing the news that he might get one of Rangers67's three strikes against him back

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:26 - Oct 19 with 2508 viewsPunteR

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:19 - Oct 19 by Lesleys_cat

Hoops legend, I have been anti Hasslebank but came on here purposely to give praise and I think you can see quite a few others have. I imagine most would imagine that the anti hasslebank brigade would be conspicuous by their absence but that is not the case.

Not everything is black and white. Just because I haven't been happy with hasslebank, doesn't mean I don't love Qpr. Its absolutely fine to have different views. We need to somehow appreciate that without winding each other up trying to take the moral high ground.

"without winding each other up"

Lol.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:31 - Oct 19 with 2484 viewsHunterhoop

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:22 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

At half time, he went to have a word with Smithies, who put his arm round him as they walked off.

He grew into the game 2nd half I thought, got caught a couple of times, but, he is never going to get used to pace of these games playing U23 or even league 2 football.

If we want youngsters to come through we have to be prepared to accept the odd mistake.

7/10 for me.

Smithies did a lot of talking to him all game. Smithies really was a fantastic signing for us.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:33 - Oct 19 with 2485 viewsNorthernr

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:22 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

7/10 for me.

Exactly this. For years and years now if our left back got injured we'd just buy another left back, or loan in some crusty old twt like Aaron Hughes. Meanwhile a whole load of young players never got any Championship football at QPR and had to make do with a series of loans - signing Oguchi Onyewu, 84 caps for the US, to sit on the bench rather than Max Ehmer prime excample one, Chevanton to do likewise ahead of Hitchcock number two.

As a Championship club bringing in 12,500 to home matches, if your left back gets injured you tend to have to pick the youth team left back whether he's ready or not. Yes he'll take time to come up to the level, if he ever does, but you're never going to know unless you try him. We're starting to see this with Washington now as well.

In actual fact QPR have three left backs injured, so you definitely should have to pick a kid in that situation, and we are, which is a good thing.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:44 - Oct 19 with 2457 viewsrobith

Positive/Middling/Negative

+ Ned totally nullified Abraham. Stuck to him like glue and physically put it to him. On that note despite all the chat that Ned isn't a captain et al, the ground was so quiet in the first half I can tell that Ned was screaming at people all half (mostly Borysiuk to come and cover Caulker)
+ Sylla - he's a sticky player which is good for an team lacking in confidence. With his chest control we can be assured that when clear the ball, it will stick in the oppo half for a bit allowing us to press up. Polter is better at holding with the ball to his feet; aerially he's looking for the flick on so if we're going long Polter would be better paired with someone else up top
+Washington - things still don't quite drop for him, but stone me he eats his weetabix. Ran his bottom off
+Luongo - ran the show. All action. Love that little turn thing he does that gets us on the front foot
+Smithies - justice on that top save cos the City lad was miiiiiiiiiles offside
+ When Johnson gave some instruction to Tomllin who lost it and screamed at the bench "fcuk off you fcuking bell end"

= People are praising Niko H and it's good that youngsters are getting games. He was composed with the ball but he made a lot of mistakes on the longer balls which he should've headed and caused trouble dropping to Tomlin. But y'know, he's a child so I don't want to be harsh and keeping them out will be a big boost for him. Some nice driving runs too

- We still look like the oppo will score any time they counter attack
- The crowd's reaction to Gladwin, combined with his all round play was heart attack inducing
- Good win but had sustained periods of significant pressure with only a 75th minute goal to show is a disappointing. We do need to convert pressure into goals more often, but that's for another day
- Sometimes when we press it's like the pool table is tilted and the whole team streams towards that side, meaning a quick switch ball leaves us short of numbers every time
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 9:47]
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:55 - Oct 19 with 2422 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:31 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

Smithies did a lot of talking to him all game. Smithies really was a fantastic signing for us.

Second that. It's great to have a keeper that has the confidence of players and supporters alike.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 10:03 - Oct 19 with 2400 viewsLongsufferingR

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 09:19 - Oct 19 by Lesleys_cat

HAHAHAHA!

Coming from the person that claimed more than half of the fans wanted us to take a heavy beating last night so that JFH would get the sack. If you ever need the satnav coordinates for the moral high ground, let me know.

Actually, don't bother.

Amazing.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 10:41 - Oct 19 with 2190 viewsGuppy22

Really enjoyed last night, caulker was outstanding in my eyes, best game for us, 2 cracking tackles. The pole looks a great signing, very good in the air for his size. Sylla has to start for me better than polter and won more in the air. Be nice to keep that team together for Saturday
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 11:35 - Oct 19 with 2116 viewsLesleys_cat

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 10:03 - Oct 19 by LongsufferingR

HAHAHAHA!

Coming from the person that claimed more than half of the fans wanted us to take a heavy beating last night so that JFH would get the sack. If you ever need the satnav coordinates for the moral high ground, let me know.

Actually, don't bother.

Amazing.

Well at least there will be 2 of us looking for directions. Whats your favourite band?.....The Self-Righteous Brothers?
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 11:37 - Oct 19 with 2111 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 11:35 - Oct 19 by Lesleys_cat

Well at least there will be 2 of us looking for directions. Whats your favourite band?.....The Self-Righteous Brothers?

You should change your name to Oscar_Wildes_ Cat.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 11:38]
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 12:17 - Oct 19 with 2052 viewspaulparker

After going Saturday I honestly thought we would lose 2-0 nil but having seen the team sheet last night I was pleasantly surprised with how attacking we looked
fair play to JFH he got his tactics spot on , I wanted him out after that sh1t served up against Preston, Blackburn, & Reading but if we can push on from this then I will eat my words
I will say though that if we didn't have smithies we would be fcuked ,what a keeper this lad is , he has single handily saved us probably 7 to 10 points already
and if we have learned anything then we should never play henry with the young polish midfielder again, infact we should never play Henry full stop ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 12:18 - Oct 19 with 2051 viewsTHEBUSH

I wish the JFH knockers would just stick to their guns and don't give him faint praise when we have a decent win.

You're either with him or against him, that's it
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 13:09 - Oct 19 with 1982 viewsPinnerPaul

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 12:17 - Oct 19 by paulparker

After going Saturday I honestly thought we would lose 2-0 nil but having seen the team sheet last night I was pleasantly surprised with how attacking we looked
fair play to JFH he got his tactics spot on , I wanted him out after that sh1t served up against Preston, Blackburn, & Reading but if we can push on from this then I will eat my words
I will say though that if we didn't have smithies we would be fcuked ,what a keeper this lad is , he has single handily saved us probably 7 to 10 points already
and if we have learned anything then we should never play henry with the young polish midfielder again, infact we should never play Henry full stop ,

Fair play PP, at least you have come back on here.

No sign of L Block - too busy finishing his kitchen and getting a detailed match report from his friends I guess? & GloucsR must be in pieces as we didn't get the "tonking" he was after!
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 1931 viewspaulparker

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 13:09 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Fair play PP, at least you have come back on here.

No sign of L Block - too busy finishing his kitchen and getting a detailed match report from his friends I guess? & GloucsR must be in pieces as we didn't get the "tonking" he was after!

I actually want JFH to succeed Pinner he was the top of my list when we sacked Ramsey
and at the start of the season I said we would be dark horses for a play off push
having wasted money on us against Preston, Blackburn and reading ,(Sunderland was a little better but still a game thrown away ) I thought Jimmy's time had come
credit to him as bar cousins on the wing its what I would have played and its most probably our attacking team of the season , if anything since the allegations he has had a huge slice of luck ,
hopefully this game is the springboard for better things and that the crowd does come back and get behind the team , because when we do play football there isn't a better ground in the country for atmosphere

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 14:38 - Oct 19 with 1843 viewsbrad

great to hear the positive reports!!!!
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 15:11 - Oct 19 with 1801 viewsPinnerPaul

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 13:40 - Oct 19 by paulparker

I actually want JFH to succeed Pinner he was the top of my list when we sacked Ramsey
and at the start of the season I said we would be dark horses for a play off push
having wasted money on us against Preston, Blackburn and reading ,(Sunderland was a little better but still a game thrown away ) I thought Jimmy's time had come
credit to him as bar cousins on the wing its what I would have played and its most probably our attacking team of the season , if anything since the allegations he has had a huge slice of luck ,
hopefully this game is the springboard for better things and that the crowd does come back and get behind the team , because when we do play football there isn't a better ground in the country for atmosphere

Atmosphere - it was better last night, but too many empty seats.

Understandable - even I admit Reading wasn't exactly a thriller, so on a cold(ish) Tuesday school night, you can understand why some gave it a swerve.
Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 1702 viewsDejR_vu

Any positives from that you grumpy lot? on 08:51 - Oct 19 by hoops_legend

I love this forum

Whether we had won or not, it was a marked improvement on the Reading game (as well as most of the other home games this season). We had eight shots against Reading (two on target) and 44% possession according to the BBC site. Against Bristol we had 21 (five on target) and 51% possession.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024