Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday 13:13 - Jan 3 with 4734 viewsRisborough_r

Bit short sighted ? Its a Saturday, 3pm KO not on TV. Or am I missing something? Lower School End I can understand but entire Ellerslie Road. Apologies if a spackman
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 13:26 - Jan 3 with 3928 viewssmegma

All attendees could fit in the Loft so it makes sense to close parts of the ground.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 14:19 - Jan 3 with 3789 viewsfrancisbowles

I guess with discounted tickets the costs of stewarding etc for a half full stand outweigh the income.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 14:21 - Jan 3 with 3781 viewsdaveB

we haven't sold out the rest of the ground so looks like a good decsion
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 14:48 - Jan 3 with 3717 viewsrichranger

Looked at the online sales yesterday, and noticed we've sold about 500 tickets! Will be lots of cash on the day customers, but would be surprised if we got more than 5000 for the game
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:35 - Jan 3 with 3624 viewsrobith

Given people on here were annoyed at the tickets costing a tenner I'm surprised they don't just play it behind closed doors at Harlington
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 3615 viewspaulparker

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:35 - Jan 3 by robith

Given people on here were annoyed at the tickets costing a tenner I'm surprised they don't just play it behind closed doors at Harlington

£15 for a non ST holder

sorry but after xmas its to much, take into account train fares, drinks, food etc your still looking at an expensive day out for some
anyway that argument was done to death a while back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 3544 viewsHunterhoop

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:37 - Jan 3 by paulparker

£15 for a non ST holder

sorry but after xmas its to much, take into account train fares, drinks, food etc your still looking at an expensive day out for some

It was, and without wanting to open it up again, I think some context is important:

London Living Wage is about £9 per hour
Minimum Wage is £7.20 per hour for an over 25
A Burger King Whopper Meal Deal is about £7
A pint in most pubs in London is over £4.
A bottle of standard red wine in a restaurant in London is about £20.
The cinema costs over £10 per ticket (before any food/drink).
The theatre, even with cheap advance tickets, is usually £25+
A return journey on a bus in London is about £4.
Going to watch a non-league game is about £10. Kingstonian in the 7th tier of English football (mid table) charge £10 per match.

Is £15 (£10 for STs) really that bad for a 3rd round FA Cup tie?

I get why people may choose to miss the game, but I don't think the club can be bashed about the price of the tickets. It's not 1995 anymore.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:59 - Jan 3 with 3540 viewsRs_Holy

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:37 - Jan 3 by paulparker

£15 for a non ST holder

also take into account we will probaly lose 3 - 0 with a side containing around 5 youth players... Its hardly mouthwatering!
Login to get fewer ads

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 3474 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are on a glorious winning streak. You'd be mad to miss it.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 16:51 - Jan 3 with 3437 viewsHarbour

Opportunity to sit in a different seat I am usually in the upper loft mu block and will be sitting in South Africa rd stand on Saturday cannot wait. Going for unexpected win.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 3369 viewsPunteR

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:57 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

It was, and without wanting to open it up again, I think some context is important:

Going to watch a non-league game is about £10. Kingstonian in the 7th tier of English football (mid table) charge £10 per match.

I get why people may choose to miss the game, but I don't think the club can be bashed about the price of the tickets. It's not 1995 anymore.

"It's not 1995 anymore."

What..!!

Whatever you do don't mention that on the Frankie Friday thread.. Lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 19:48 - Jan 3 with 3209 viewskensalriser

But why isn't it 1995 any more? And who's to blame for this? We're going to need someone to blame.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 19:51 - Jan 3 with 3196 viewsRoller

If you look inside my wardrobe it is definitely 1995!
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 21:44 - Jan 3 with 3084 viewsTGRRRSSS

No it isnt, and people are voting with their feet.

Don't think Blackburn will bring many down either.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 22:06 - Jan 3 with 3045 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 19:51 - Jan 3 by Roller

If you look inside my wardrobe it is definitely 1995!

As recent as that Simon😉
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 22:23 - Jan 3 with 3007 viewsJuzzie

£15 isn't bad at all for the FA Cup game on Saturday.

It's the £30-40+ for all the other Championship games that is.
Ridiculous money in a time when the game is richer than ever before. Players and agents hoovering up 99% of the money leaving fk all for everything else.

Bit of a paradox when you'd think that for £15 we should get a near full house but would be lucky to get a third of that but something is clearly wrong in the game that has made the oldest and once most desirable Cup game in the world into a non-event.

Its not for us to answer, IMO that's down to the authorities of the game but they are so tied up in the filthy lucre of the PL and CL they've lost sight, or caring, of eveything else.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 04:13 - Jan 4 with 2895 viewsFredManRave

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 15:57 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

Hunter, mate, I'm planning on popping back later on in the year and I'm trying to come up with a realistic budget so bearing in mind I was last back in 1995 any chance you could update on me the costs of the erm, shows at The Griffin. Can I still get away with chucking 50 pence in the beer mug before each show or have the prices since increased?

Also, Venus in Farringdon Road. Is it still a tenner for a performance?!

I need to work out which of my favourite old haunts will be value for money with Loftus Road looking a poor third as things stand.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 07:37 - Jan 4 with 2825 viewsBoston

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 04:13 - Jan 4 by FredManRave

Hunter, mate, I'm planning on popping back later on in the year and I'm trying to come up with a realistic budget so bearing in mind I was last back in 1995 any chance you could update on me the costs of the erm, shows at The Griffin. Can I still get away with chucking 50 pence in the beer mug before each show or have the prices since increased?

I need to work out which of my favourite old haunts will be value for money with Loftus Road looking a poor third as things stand.

Thanks in advance.

Twenty plus years, you're going to feel right foriegn. Can I be the first to ask if you're going over to take their jobs ?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:10 - Jan 4 with 2767 viewsHunterhoop

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 04:13 - Jan 4 by FredManRave

Thanks in advance.

Haha.

Obviously I can't vouch for the going rate in The Griffin (is it even still open?!), but I highly doubt 50p will be considered appropriate anymore nor have the desired effect. You can't get a pack of chewing gum for 50p anymore. Lord knows how much that sticky floor costs.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 9:13]
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 4 with 2732 viewsJeff

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:10 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

Haha.

Obviously I can't vouch for the going rate in The Griffin (is it even still open?!), but I highly doubt 50p will be considered appropriate anymore nor have the desired effect. You can't get a pack of chewing gum for 50p anymore. Lord knows how much that sticky floor costs.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 9:13]

I was last in the Griffin for a lunchtime 'show' around 5 years ago (in my defence i work round the corner from it , and we were taking a new member of staff there for some #bantz)

it cost £1 in a pint back then - one of the lovely women accused me of short changing her as 'that didn't sound like a pound going in' when i deposited my cash!

Can we not knock it?

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 10:13 - Jan 4 with 2686 viewskomradkirk

£1 in the pot at Browns Shoreditch on my last visit Oct 16.
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 17:06 - Jan 4 with 2510 viewsHunterhoop

There we have it, Fred. A 100% price increase. Football is positively cheap in comparison at £10 STs or £15 non-STs.

Lord knows what effect Brexit will have though!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 17:09]
Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 17:10 - Jan 4 with 2488 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 17:06 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

There we have it, Fred. A 100% price increase. Football is positively cheap in comparison at £10 STs or £15 non-STs.

Is there price bracketing at the other venues for STI's?

The grass is always greener.

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 19:41 - Jan 4 with 2379 viewsBlackCrowe

£11 for two tickets to see a match that isn't 'must win' on the back of two victories....I'm actually looking forward to it, as long as we put out a near full strength side (whatever that is).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 21:42 - Jan 4 with 2276 viewsFredManRave

Ellerslie Road Close Saturday on 17:06 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

Thanks for the info guys! Is there anything LFW isn't useful for or can't do or find out?!

Question now is then, a bulge in my pocket (due to £1 coins!) for the crack or a hole in my wallet for the R's?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024