Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa Smithies 22:38 - Jan 10 with 2895 viewsichbinnaughty

No, not my holiday destination on the Costa Del Yorkshire.

A question.
Rumour has it that Villa are sniffing round Smithies.
A simple yes or no:
Would you swap Smithies for Grealish?
Villa Smithies on 22:40 - Jan 10 with 2876 viewsLblock

No

Smithies = points

Grealish = London + Party Boy / Legal Highs x Media = NIGHTMARE

Next question

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Villa Smithies on 22:47 - Jan 10 with 2828 viewsSimonJames

NO!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Villa Smithies on 23:12 - Jan 10 with 2752 viewsbosh67

God no.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Villa Smithies on 23:17 - Jan 10 with 2730 viewsHunterhoop

What a ridiculous question.

Would you swap one of the best keepers in the land for Jack Grealish. Err...no.

If we are to sell Smithies now, it should be for +£10m.

In the summer we can discuss extending his contract or selling him (for a little less given it'll only be 12 months less on his contract), but now? No....unless it enables us to sign a top top Championship centre forward, like Kodje or Abrahams...

If it wasn't for Smithies, I'm pretty sure we'd comfortably be in the bottom 3 now.
Villa Smithies on 23:31 - Jan 10 with 2679 viewsDannyPaddox

It's an interesting one. Much as I'm loathe to see Smithies leave and the whole thing smacks of another QPR fcuk-up, I'm going to play devil's advocaat here. Ingram seems a highly capable keeper and, for want of a better expression, wouldn't Grealish fill the Chery-hole 😊.

It's a choice of having a great keeper to keep the losses down from 3-0 to 1-0 or having a slightly less better keeper plus potentially a great play-maker in midfield to actually win games. I don't follow the tabloid lives of our young starlets so I can't comment on Grealish's temperament but I remember seeing him when we played Villa a few seasons ago and he was one of the best young players I'd seen for years.
Villa Smithies on 23:36 - Jan 10 with 2656 viewsDorse

If we've just found £7m-ish from Polter / Chery's transfers plus Sandro's heinous wage demands off the books and possibly Gladwin, Henry and Hai Karate then I doubt we'll need to consider selling Smithies.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Villa Smithies on 23:43 - Jan 10 with 2641 viewsichbinnaughty

For the record those on here may recall how much I hate Grealish and his stupid fckn hair and stupid fckn face.
However I do think he's a very very decent player.
I'd do it.
Grealish is a £10m+ player.
Villa Smithies on 23:45 - Jan 10 with 2636 viewsDeepcutHoop

Villa Smithies on 23:36 - Jan 10 by Dorse

If we've just found £7m-ish from Polter / Chery's transfers plus Sandro's heinous wage demands off the books and possibly Gladwin, Henry and Hai Karate then I doubt we'll need to consider selling Smithies.

I'd say it puts us in a stronger bargaining position but we really aren't in a position to turn down a good offer. In Smithies case I'd say £10m (as suggested above) is at least double what we'd accept.
Login to get fewer ads

Villa Smithies on 23:54 - Jan 10 with 2615 viewsClay_Burton

Villa signed the Man U keeper Sam Johnstone on loan until the end of the season five days ago. Smithies ain't going there. This is a moot thread. It is in fact a rather stupid one.
Villa Smithies on 00:03 - Jan 11 with 2590 viewsHunterhoop

Villa Smithies on 23:31 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

It's an interesting one. Much as I'm loathe to see Smithies leave and the whole thing smacks of another QPR fcuk-up, I'm going to play devil's advocaat here. Ingram seems a highly capable keeper and, for want of a better expression, wouldn't Grealish fill the Chery-hole 😊.

It's a choice of having a great keeper to keep the losses down from 3-0 to 1-0 or having a slightly less better keeper plus potentially a great play-maker in midfield to actually win games. I don't follow the tabloid lives of our young starlets so I can't comment on Grealish's temperament but I remember seeing him when we played Villa a few seasons ago and he was one of the best young players I'd seen for years.

From what I've seen, Ingram may be decent but he nowhere near as good as Smithies. People thinking it'll be a straight, easy swap with no noticeable impact on results will be very disappointed and only then realise how good Smithies is. How many pen saves? How many 1-1 saves EVERY game? How many reaction saves he has no right to get to?

Grealish is nowhere near as good an outfield player as Smithies is a keeper.
Villa Smithies on 00:54 - Jan 11 with 2527 viewsBoston

Is it just me, the name Grealish conjures up some sort of brown sauce?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Villa Smithies on 05:49 - Jan 11 with 2402 viewsparker64

Grealish showed potential and was built up by the press based on not much evidence. Looked well out of his depth in their cup final. An okay sort of player who probably got given too much too early. Must go through tonnes of hair gel.
Villa Smithies on 05:55 - Jan 11 with 2397 viewsdistortR

IMHO, grealish has gone downhill since he became English.

Imagine what would happen to him if he became English AND a QPR player?
Villa Smithies on 06:54 - Jan 11 with 2333 viewstimcocking

Did Villa not just bring in a new keeper from Utd? I was hoping that would spell the end of their interest in Alex...
Villa Smithies on 06:58 - Jan 11 with 2326 viewsdavman

Villa Smithies on 23:36 - Jan 10 by Dorse

A mere drop in the ocean if we are to maintain our position on FFP next season when the parachute payments disappear...

Not sure it'll all be re-invested.

Smithies going is a possibility or even a probability if we get a decent offer in. A player coming in from the Prem or a recent Prem team is very unlikely as we don't pay those wages anymore.

We seem to be accepting our place in things, which is a lower Championship team... I am now reduced to hoping we stay in the Championship for a couple of seasons at least now...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Villa Smithies on 09:49 - Jan 11 with 2136 viewsichbinnaughty

Villa Smithies on 23:54 - Jan 10 by Clay_Burton

Villa signed the Man U keeper Sam Johnstone on loan until the end of the season five days ago. Smithies ain't going there. This is a moot thread. It is in fact a rather stupid one.

On the contrary Clay you miserable bastard, i would say this is a magnificent thread, one of
The best ever.
Villa Smithies on 09:59 - Jan 11 with 2108 viewsSimonJames

How about, we sell Smithies, combine that with (rumoured) £7M for Chery/Polter, we all chuck in a bob or two and we try to buy Charlie back?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Villa Smithies on 10:33 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewsDiscodroids

This Thread made me look up the old Luton town player Tony Grealish the tough tackling midfielder . I had no idea he passed away at just 56 a coupe of years ago. I remember him being part of that excellent luton town side of the early 80's with Moss, Hill, Stein, walsh , Donaghy etc etc.

apologies for putting a downer on the thread.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 10:34]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Villa Smithies on 10:36 - Jan 11 with 2002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Villa Smithies on 23:31 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

'Grealish fills the Chery-hole'

That was one of the items PaulParker got charged for in that demands letter : )
Villa Smithies on 10:41 - Jan 11 with 1987 viewsMytch_QPR

Villa Smithies on 09:49 - Jan 11 by ichbinnaughty

On the contrary Clay you miserable bastard, i would say this is a magnificent thread, one of
The best ever.

One thing: Isn't Grealish a dyed-in-the-wool Villa fan (as is his whole family) - surely the question is not so much about Smithies but would Grealish come to us?

Other than that minor technicality - yes, the best(ish) thread ever.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 11 with 1979 viewsrobith

Villa Smithies on 10:45 - Jan 11 with 1965 viewsMick_S

Villa Smithies on 22:40 - Jan 10 by Lblock

No

Smithies = points

Grealish = London + Party Boy / Legal Highs x Media = NIGHTMARE

Next question

Needs to pull his socks up. You know what would happen.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Villa Smithies on 13:35 - Jan 13 with 1667 viewsLblock

I see rumours that Villa's keeper Gollina looks to be heading back to Italy

Hope their deal for the Manky keeper means he has to be first choice when fit; if so I can't see Smithers going anywhere to be second fiddle
But then money talks.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Villa Smithies on 14:06 - Jan 13 with 1568 viewsDannyPaddox

And who needs Grealish when we've got Manning. A proper Paddy to boot!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024