Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament 14:54 - Mar 22 with 32245 viewsJuzzie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:34 - Mar 23 with 2601 viewsstumbleandfall

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:25 - Mar 23 by DaiHo0p

You hire 3000 cops and put one on each of em.

Incredible.

Maybe we should have one cop for each person thought to be suspected capable of committing any serious crime. Half the country will be watching the other half.

The blokes a nasty criminal plane and simple. To elevate him above this will just serve to give him the hard on he and a few like him always wanted.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 14:37]
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:36 - Mar 23 with 2591 viewsNorthernr

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:01 - Mar 23 by paulparker

Nice post and sentiments

but extremism is winning , its getting bigger and bigger and we are so long down the road with this that you cannot stop it with words or symbols of love & peace
give it a week this will all be forgotten just like Lee rigby, 7/7, Paris, Belgium and other such despicable acts , this will continue to happen and it will only get worse
its about time we as a country got our own house in order stop worrying about everyone else and start protecting the people of Great Britain
if that means more army on the streets fine
armed police
more intelligence
stop & search checks without the fear of being called a racist
mosques monitored and closed down if they preach hate
those downloading hate material , straight to nick
Id cards
phone tapping

this is a war , and its not a conventional one either ,
your ordinary Muslims cannot police this you hear so many times how the family knew such and such was being radicalised but didn't know what to do , well if they don't we / the government have to take more measures to stop this from happening

So as it stands now, when attacks like this are rare, and we can all go about our daily lives as normal, get on the tube and go where we like, go to work wherever we like, live wherever we like with only the slight thought at the back of our mind that we may get on the wrong train out of the millions that run each year, be in the wrong place at the wrong time, one in a million stuff... extremism is winning.

But, if we flood the streets with army and armed police, monitor all communications, introduce ID cards like something out of 1980s Russia, tap phones, stop and search everybody with no reason, basically affect everybody's daily lives with all of this... then extremism is not winning?
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:40 - Mar 23 with 2558 viewsessextaxiboy

You have to get their own community to police it . We have to say to them " look you keep telling us you are peaceful and denounce these people so prove it .Call the police , turn them in , record a violent sermon and give it to the police .Claim your religion back .
Lets hear our security services praise the community in foiling a plot and helping getting arrests and convictions .
These people need to know that eyes and ears are everywhere .
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:40 - Mar 23 with 2558 viewsClive_Anderson

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:36 - Mar 23 by Northernr

So as it stands now, when attacks like this are rare, and we can all go about our daily lives as normal, get on the tube and go where we like, go to work wherever we like, live wherever we like with only the slight thought at the back of our mind that we may get on the wrong train out of the millions that run each year, be in the wrong place at the wrong time, one in a million stuff... extremism is winning.

But, if we flood the streets with army and armed police, monitor all communications, introduce ID cards like something out of 1980s Russia, tap phones, stop and search everybody with no reason, basically affect everybody's daily lives with all of this... then extremism is not winning?

I think he means monitor members of the destructive ideology that commits these attacks, not everyone.

We already do this with other extremist groups, we're just adding another to the list.
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:42 - Mar 23 with 2540 viewsNorthernr

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:40 - Mar 23 by Clive_Anderson

I think he means monitor members of the destructive ideology that commits these attacks, not everyone.

We already do this with other extremist groups, we're just adding another to the list.

No he specifically says army and armed police on the streets and ID cards.

Is it only ID cards for the brown people?
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:49 - Mar 23 with 2506 viewsClive_Anderson

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:42 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Oh here we go with the racist accusations. Some people are literally unable to talk about this without chucking them about.
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:51 - Mar 23 with 2494 viewsTheChef

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:42 - Mar 23 by Northernr

We always need a bogey man, eh?

Communism was done and dusted (but Russia still proves useful - oooh those evil Russkies).

The powers that be decided Islam was next.

Distract, divide and conquer - after all we don't want everyone getting on, they might start asking some really difficult questions about how they're governed.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:54 - Mar 23 with 2464 viewsMedwayR

This attack has shown how difficult it is for the intelligence services, they have to prioritise and try to piece things together from scraps of information with resources that are not unlimited. They decided this bloke was not worthy of their time and I'm happy to back their judgement, I can't imagine how many attacks they've stopped that could've been far more serious, I don't mean this to sound insensitive but if this is as bad as terrorist attacks will be from now on I'll take it because terrorism will likely always exist, after all it's been around for long enough. Until he decided to drive his 4x4 on the pavement he hadn't committed a crime, as far as I'm aware, for which he could've been arrested to prevent this attack, apart from carrying the knife and how would anyone have known about that. What these people don't realise is that when these things happen they're scoring a massive own goal because they further isolate themselves.

Also a quick note on hearing about muslim communities taking action against these people, I'd like to think that they are and lets assume that they are, the reason we don't hear about it is because they have no voice in the media same as other minorities whether they be black, white working class, immigrants etc. The media reporters are almost exclusively white middle/upper class and therefore wouldn't have the first idea of what's happening in muslim communities.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:55 - Mar 23 with 2460 viewsNorthernr

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:49 - Mar 23 by Clive_Anderson

Oh here we go with the racist accusations. Some people are literally unable to talk about this without chucking them about.

Oh here we go with the poor repressed white man routine. Why do we not see you on here unless it's for something like this by the way?

These terrorists want us to change our way of life. They don't like our culture, our laws, us. They hate the way we're living. So surely the best thing to do would be to ignore them and carry on living that way. The government needs to be ploughing more into police and intelligence, rather than cutting it, and not restricting how they do their jobs, stop and search actually a great example that PP put forwards in an otherwise mad post. But we should just carry on the same as we are, because that's what they hate and that's how we win.

I don't want a city where the army are patrolling the streets. I don't want armed police demanding ID cards from people. I don't want to have an ID card myself, and that's not because I've got something to hide it's because there's absolutely no need, and having a card in his pocket with his name on wouldn't have stopped that prick yesterday. By doing all of this, as PP suggests, you're changing your way of life, you're changing your city, which is exactly what they want. They want us to be afraid, for our lives to change. Do it and then they're winning.

Back the police, fund them properly, stop restricting their stop and search powers, let them get on with their job. Sentence people properly and deport peopel much more easily when they're spouting hatred (if it's that bad a place then fck off somewhere else then).

But army on the streets and ID cards for everybody? Fck that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:57 - Mar 23 with 2442 views2Thomas2Bowles

Confirmed now that 5 died

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:01 - Mar 23 with 2410 viewsMaggsinho

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:57 - Mar 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Confirmed now that 5 died

That's been revised back down to four now hasn't it?
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:07 - Mar 23 with 2390 views2Thomas2Bowles

sorry think you are right
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:17]

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:17 - Mar 23 with 2326 viewsClive_Anderson

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:55 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Oh here we go with the poor repressed white man routine. Why do we not see you on here unless it's for something like this by the way?

These terrorists want us to change our way of life. They don't like our culture, our laws, us. They hate the way we're living. So surely the best thing to do would be to ignore them and carry on living that way. The government needs to be ploughing more into police and intelligence, rather than cutting it, and not restricting how they do their jobs, stop and search actually a great example that PP put forwards in an otherwise mad post. But we should just carry on the same as we are, because that's what they hate and that's how we win.

I don't want a city where the army are patrolling the streets. I don't want armed police demanding ID cards from people. I don't want to have an ID card myself, and that's not because I've got something to hide it's because there's absolutely no need, and having a card in his pocket with his name on wouldn't have stopped that prick yesterday. By doing all of this, as PP suggests, you're changing your way of life, you're changing your city, which is exactly what they want. They want us to be afraid, for our lives to change. Do it and then they're winning.

Back the police, fund them properly, stop restricting their stop and search powers, let them get on with their job. Sentence people properly and deport peopel much more easily when they're spouting hatred (if it's that bad a place then fck off somewhere else then).

"Oh here we go with the poor repressed white man routine."

What are you on about? Pulling you up on bullshit accusations of racism is not a poor repressed white man routine. It's pointing out that you're talking shite.

"Why do we not see you on here unless it's for something like this by the way? "

Complete bollocks. And there's loads of people commenting on this including you, but apparently I get singled out for commenting.

"I don't want a city where the army are patrolling the streets."

Neither do I.
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:18 - Mar 23 with 2318 viewsKonk

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:55 - Mar 23 by Northernr

I agree with all of that. On Stop and search, I think a major factor here is that it should be done in a dignified, respectful manner. As twenty-something bloke who used to bowl around in casual gear at the football, I accepted that I was more likely than most to get pulled to one side by the police and spoken to. I never had a problem with that if it was done respectfully, as physically, I was part of the demographic responsible for 90% of the trouble at the football. On the other hand, I’ve been stopped and searched a few times and it’s been humiliating, with the police blatantly abusing their power to amuse themselves for ten minutes.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:35 - Mar 23 with 2233 viewskensalriser

Despite some of the bad mistakes of the past (eg infiltrating animal rights activists and the like) I think on the whole the UK intelligence and security services are doing a pretty good job. I heard on the radio this morning that the police have been concentrating on slowing the trade in illegal firearms, which makes a Paris style attack much more difficult to carry out.

Angry knee-jerk we must crack down sentiments are just so much hot air. We have to be smarter than that. For instance, the clear current modus operandi for ISIS and fellow travellers is to target vulnerable people for brainwashing- those with mental health problems and/or criminal backgrounds who already have anger and alienation issues. The job for intelligence is to identify and anticipate, which is exactly what they're doing. They're never going to be 100% successful, same as for every other type of crime.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:38 - Mar 23 with 2210 viewsFloridaR

The least the GOV could do now is run a act or bill through parliament to bring back death penalty starting immediately.

I'm assuming the muslim freaks still alive ?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:40]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:39 - Mar 23 with 2208 viewsAntti_Heinola

In a thread with a lot of sense, and a lot of weirdness, lots i agree on, lots i disagree on, this has to stand out as the mist bizarre of statements.

'give it a week this will all be forgotten just like Lee rigby, 7/7, Paris, Belgium and other such despicable acts'

Who forgot? When? These things are discussed almost every day, safeguards we have in place, which can't possibly legislate against one deranged man from driving a car to a city and trying to kill people with it, are there precisely because of these events. Weird.

Bare bones.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:43 - Mar 23 with 2187 views2Thomas2Bowles

Attacker named by Met Police
Posted at
15:32
The man police believe to be responsible for the terrorist attack in Westminster has been formally identified as Khalid Masood, Scotland Yard says.

Masood, aged 52, was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands.

Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack, police say.

His first conviction was in November 1983 for criminal damage and his last conviction was in December 2003 for possession of a knife.

He has not been convicted of any terrorism offences.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:45]

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:44 - Mar 23 with 2180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No consolation to anyone sucked into yesterday's atrocities but here are some odds:

Dying in any kind of terrorist attack worldwide: 1 in 9,300,000

Dying from any kind of Injury: 1 in 1,820
Dying from intentional Self-harm: 1 in 9,380
Dying from an Assault: 1 in 16,421
Dying from a Car Accident: 1 in 18,585
Dying from any kind of Fall: 1 in 20,666
Dying from Accidental Drowning: 1 in 79,065
Dying from Exposure to Smoke, Fire, and Flames: 1 in 81,524
Dying from Forces of Nature (earthquake, heat, cold, lightning, flood): 1 in 225,107
Dying from Choking on Food: 1 in 370,035
Dying in a Fireworks Accident: 1 in 1,000,000
Dying from a Dog Bite: 1 in 700,000
Dying from Falling off a Ladder: 1 in 2,300,000
Dying form unintentional Alcohol Poisoning: 1 in 820,217
Dying from a Heart Disease: 1 in 5
Dying from a Cancer: 1 in 7
Dying from a Stroke: 1 in 23
Dying from Electrocution: 1 in 5,000
Dying of a Snake Bite: 1 in 3,500,000
Dying from Food Poisoning: 1 in 3,000,000
Dying from Accident at Work: 1 in 43,500
Dying in a Road Accident: 1 in 8,000

Before we put the army on the streets and martial law like PP said, let's get rid of ladders, dogs, and cars.

Except for two statistical blips in 2011 and 2015 terrorism in Western Europe since 1975 is actually very low. 2016 obviously not great but still not as bad as the 70s.

Perspective. Let's not let the cvnts change our lives anymore than a firework or slippery bath would.

[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:50]
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:44 - Mar 23 with 2180 viewskensalriser

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:38 - Mar 23 by FloridaR

The least the GOV could do now is run a act or bill through parliament to bring back death penalty starting immediately.

I'm assuming the muslim freaks still alive ?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:40]

Given that it's a feature of this particular brand of terrorism for a perpetrator to die as a martyr during the attack, this seems a really particularly asinine point.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:49 - Mar 23 with 3617 viewsFloridaR

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:44 - Mar 23 by kensalriser

Given that it's a feature of this particular brand of terrorism for a perpetrator to die as a martyr during the attack, this seems a really particularly asinine point.

I've thought about it pretty good...

I believe he should be publicly killed like he did to others.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:50 - Mar 23 with 3609 viewsrobith

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:35 - Mar 23 by kensalriser

Despite some of the bad mistakes of the past (eg infiltrating animal rights activists and the like) I think on the whole the UK intelligence and security services are doing a pretty good job. I heard on the radio this morning that the police have been concentrating on slowing the trade in illegal firearms, which makes a Paris style attack much more difficult to carry out.

Angry knee-jerk we must crack down sentiments are just so much hot air. We have to be smarter than that. For instance, the clear current modus operandi for ISIS and fellow travellers is to target vulnerable people for brainwashing- those with mental health problems and/or criminal backgrounds who already have anger and alienation issues. The job for intelligence is to identify and anticipate, which is exactly what they're doing. They're never going to be 100% successful, same as for every other type of crime.

I think the UK intelligence services, broadly speaking are doing a pretty good job under a lot of financial pressure. Any life lost is one too many, but yesterday's attack was mercifully small (relative to recent atrocities in Europe) and the scale of it (a hired 4x4 and two guys with knives) was pretty desperate - I believe indicative of how much of the big threats they've closed down
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:51 - Mar 23 with 3604 viewsMaggsinho

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:49 - Mar 23 by FloridaR

I've thought about it pretty good...

I believe he should be publicly killed like he did to others.

Well hopefully as part of civilized society we set the bar a little higher than, y'know terrorists.
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:58 - Mar 23 with 3553 viewsDannytheR

Just to say, there are people who come on here who were affected and known people affected by 7/7. That day hasn't been forgotten, and it's out of order claiming otherwise to score political points from the safety of your armchair.
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:59 - Mar 23 with 3513 viewsstevec

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 15:18 - Mar 23 by Konk

I agree with all of that. On Stop and search, I think a major factor here is that it should be done in a dignified, respectful manner. As twenty-something bloke who used to bowl around in casual gear at the football, I accepted that I was more likely than most to get pulled to one side by the police and spoken to. I never had a problem with that if it was done respectfully, as physically, I was part of the demographic responsible for 90% of the trouble at the football. On the other hand, I’ve been stopped and searched a few times and it’s been humiliating, with the police blatantly abusing their power to amuse themselves for ten minutes.

It's the ageism that's really humiliating.

Every time I turn up at football these days the b*stard coppers just wave me through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024