Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56840 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship tr on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 3075 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship tr on 12:41 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

I'd actually take Neil Warnock's interest in Bogle as a good reason to avoid - his record for spotting a striker is poor.

If he'd not been handed Helguson (who he tried to replace with that lump who couldn't hit a cows arse and name I've totally forgotten) we'd never have had a striker good enough.

Again at Sheff Utd he used to buy striker after striker for pretty big money and and they all flopped.

That is one of the few weaknesses Warnock has - strikers - as you say. Even doing well at QPR he bought Bothroyd, Campbell, Hulse, Macheda... Helguson streets ahead. His Sheff Utd strikers were even worse.
Other Championship transfers on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 3057 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 12:00 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Bridcutt signs for Forest. Turned into a bit of Champ journeyman, I really rated him a few years ago.

That is an odd one, especially as he was on loan at Leeds and did brilliantly there before they got him permanently.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship tr on 13:19 - Aug 22 with 3015 viewsWestbourneR

Other Championship tr on 12:50 - Aug 22 by Northernr

That is one of the few weaknesses Warnock has - strikers - as you say. Even doing well at QPR he bought Bothroyd, Campbell, Hulse, Macheda... Helguson streets ahead. His Sheff Utd strikers were even worse.

Hulse. That's the one, cheers.

Yeah it's really odd with Warnock because also he'll chase and chase and chase a striker, pay big money - Akinbiyi was the most clear example - and then give up on them about 5 games after they've signed.

Be interesting to see if Bogle breaks the pattern.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Other Championship tr on 13:56 - Aug 22 with 2972 viewssimmo

Other Championship tr on 13:19 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

Hulse. That's the one, cheers.

Yeah it's really odd with Warnock because also he'll chase and chase and chase a striker, pay big money - Akinbiyi was the most clear example - and then give up on them about 5 games after they've signed.

Be interesting to see if Bogle breaks the pattern.

But then he signed Mackie who played amazing and scored for fun (until the injury), the lad Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who he has firing after signing from Rochdale for half a mil, that looks a carbon copy signing.

Other Championship tr on 14:12 - Aug 22 with 2957 viewsTheChef

Other Championship tr on 12:41 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

I'd actually take Neil Warnock's interest in Bogle as a good reason to avoid - his record for spotting a striker is poor.

If he'd not been handed Helguson (who he tried to replace with that lump who couldn't hit a cows arse and name I've totally forgotten) we'd never have had a striker good enough.

Again at Sheff Utd he used to buy striker after striker for pretty big money and and they all flopped.

Rob Hulse?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other Championship tr on 14:30 - Aug 22 with 2930 viewsWestbourneR

Other Championship tr on 13:56 - Aug 22 by simmo

But then he signed Mackie who played amazing and scored for fun (until the injury), the lad Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who he has firing after signing from Rochdale for half a mil, that looks a carbon copy signing.

Might be splitting hairs but I'd call both Mackie and Mendez-Laing wing/forwards not strikers...

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Other Championship tr on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 2797 viewssimmo

Other Championship tr on 14:30 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

Might be splitting hairs but I'd call both Mackie and Mendez-Laing wing/forwards not strikers...

Yeah definitely and they played the same positions (on the right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1), but then if he can find amazing goalscoring attacking midfielders, why does he struggle so much with strikers?

Other Championship transfers on 14:31 - Aug 23 with 2727 viewssimmo

Villa close to getting Snodgrass on loan, what a dog that guy is, plays well enough for 6 months to get his move and big wages then does so fckin badly they deem him surplus to requirements and write off the 7.5m fee and money.

Are Villa going to get a Monopoly on all mercenary shitehawks?

Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 2700 viewseghamranger

Other Championship transfers on 14:31 - Aug 23 by simmo

Villa close to getting Snodgrass on loan, what a dog that guy is, plays well enough for 6 months to get his move and big wages then does so fckin badly they deem him surplus to requirements and write off the 7.5m fee and money.

Villa, brum and wolves are spending a fortune in tins league.

So hope villa fail and come mid table
Other Championship transfers on 15:46 - Aug 23 with 2655 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Its not a word I have heard before simmo but I like it
Other Championship transfers on 10:27 - Aug 24 with 2524 viewsWatford_Ranger

I like Snodgrass but West Ham were expecting him to replace Payet off the back of a short purple patch for Hull. Not much of a surprise it hasn't worked out but I'd have thought a Prem club would still take a punt on him.
Other Championship transfers on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 2382 viewssimmo

Afriyie Acquah apparently close to joining Brum, depending on how he settles in England, etc, that would be quite a signing

Other Championship transfers on 08:56 - Aug 25 with 2284 viewssimmo

Carters-Vickers to Sheff Utd looks done, shame as that could have been a good option. I appreciate we have the boy Phillips already but from what I have seen of Vickers he looks like he has everything. Surprised if he doesn't do really well at Sheff U and get a move to this league next season.

Other Championship transfers on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 2157 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Snodgrass to Villa confirmed. Personally think Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are better than him. Even might go as far to say Manning as well

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Other Championship transfers on 16:56 - Aug 25 with 2121 viewskenthoop11

Other Championship transfers on 08:56 - Aug 25 by simmo

Carters-Vickers to Sheff Utd looks done, shame as that could have been a good option. I appreciate we have the boy Phillips already but from what I have seen of Vickers he looks like he has everything. Surprised if he doesn't do really well at Sheff U and get a move to this league next season.

Sheffield United are in "this league" already!
Other Championship transfers on 19:43 - Aug 26 with 1943 viewsenfieldargh

Dave Edwards Wolves to Fakes

At least he can only score in one more league game against us this season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other Championship transfers on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 1750 viewspaulparker

Ravel Morrison going to mexico and Atlas ? , surely he is no more than a pub player now , still I suppose laying on a beach all day , drinking beer and turning it on and off on the pitch when you feel like it isn't a bad old job to have

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 11:28 - Aug 29 with 1698 viewsLblock

Other Championship transfers on 11:08 - Aug 29 by paulparker

Ravel Morrison going to mexico and Atlas ? , surely he is no more than a pub player now , still I suppose laying on a beach all day , drinking beer and turning it on and off on the pitch when you feel like it isn't a bad old job to have

I want to say "such a waste" but I see he is contracted to Laaaaazzzzzeeeeeooohhhh until 2019

He'll argue he's not wasted his talent as he'll be earning Brewsters and what better way to spend your career than sinking some Corona and ambling around in 90 degree heat?

So Bad Knees FC didn't work out then?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other Championship transfers on 11:29 - Aug 29 with 1698 viewsWadR

Harlee Dean to Birmingham for £2m is an excellent signing.

Reading spunking a reported £7.5m on Sone Aluko less so.
Other Championship transfers on 11:34 - Aug 29 with 1682 viewsLblock

Talking of Bad Knees FC I see CandleFace has signed Sam Gallagher on loan for the season and still sniffing around other Prem loans

I'd of loved Gallagher here but I guess they think we have Smith for that role.

CandleFace trawling round his contacts racking and stacking. Isn't there a rule on maximum loanees in the match day squad? The rule he completely forgot in January 2016 just before he was struck down with crippledon
Please football Gods allow the Midlands to be a failure this season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other Championship transfers on 11:41 - Aug 29 with 1672 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 11:34 - Aug 29 by Lblock

Talking of Bad Knees FC I see CandleFace has signed Sam Gallagher on loan for the season and still sniffing around other Prem loans

CandleFace trawling round his contacts racking and stacking. Isn't there a rule on maximum loanees in the match day squad? The rule he completely forgot in January 2016 just before he was struck down with crippledon

im going to stick my neck out and say they wont get in the play off places this year Lblock , it will end in tears

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 11:47 - Aug 29 with 1653 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 11:34 - Aug 29 by Lblock

I love Gallagher too but the deal to borrow him for the season involves them paying £1.5m up front, and upping his Southampton wage from £10k a week to £18k. They're paying £43k a week to borrow a promising 21 year old striker for a bit.
Other Championship transfers on 11:49 - Aug 29 with 1648 viewsNorthernr

Others

Sone Aluko - Fulham to Reading, £7.5m
Harlee Dean - Brentford to Birmingham £2m (contract up at the end of the year)

This post has been edited by an administrator
Other Championship transfers on 12:12 - Aug 29 with 1621 viewsderbyhoop

Other Championship transfers on 11:49 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Others

Sone Aluko - Fulham to Reading, £7.5m
Harlee Dean - Brentford to Birmingham £2m (contract up at the end of the year)

This post has been edited by an administrator

Is that the Sone Aluko who couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo?

Harlee Dean is a decent move for Bad Knees. But, like usual, overpriced for a player in the last year of his contract.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other Championship transfers on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 1559 viewseghamranger

Rednapp has also bid 3.5 million for Bristol city's Aden Flint
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024