Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56835 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 3010 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other Championship transfers on 14:40 - Aug 17 by eghamranger

Do tell? Sauce?

FL92Transfer @FL92Transfer
QPR have enquired about signing Bournemouth striker Lys Mousset on loan #QPR #qprfc
Other Championship transfers on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 2869 viewsfrancisbowles

Other Championship transfers on 14:30 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Still think he might be crap but probably wrong.

Even if he is any good. Would he fit into Ollie's preferred system. i.e. is he going to press from the front at the same time as increasing our goal tally.
Other Championship tr on 18:23 - Aug 17 with 2856 viewsstevec

Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Aug 17 by paulparker

Uncle Neil in for Bogle for a million , not bad that at todays prices

Actually runs at defences too. Have we reached the stage we can't even gamble a million on a centre forward ?
Other Championship tr on 18:33 - Aug 17 with 2843 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship tr on 18:23 - Aug 17 by stevec

Actually runs at defences too. Have we reached the stage we can't even gamble a million on a centre forward ?

How many times have you actually seen him play?
Other Championship transfers on 19:14 - Aug 17 with 2789 viewsWatford_Ranger

Other Championship transfers on 14:47 - Aug 17 by CroydonCaptJack

FL92Transfer @FL92Transfer
QPR have enquired about signing Bournemouth striker Lys Mousset on loan #QPR #qprfc

Sounds a bit French. Will he run around a lot?
Other Championship transfers on 19:57 - Aug 17 with 2745 viewsWatfordR

Other Championship transfers on 19:14 - Aug 17 by Watford_Ranger

Sounds a bit French. Will he run around a lot?

I'd like to think he's got some real pace because I think that's something we are desperately in need of up front
Other Championship tr on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 2628 viewsstevec

Other Championship tr on 18:33 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Have you never heard of you tube? I do all my research there, you should try it.

Anyway, I can take a hint. I've got a map of Shepherds Bush and will be on the terraces tomorrow.
Other Championship tr on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 2587 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship tr on 09:38 - Aug 18 by stevec

Have you never heard of you tube? I do all my research there, you should try it.

Anyway, I can take a hint. I've got a map of Shepherds Bush and will be on the terraces tomorrow.

So that's never then?
Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship tr on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 2586 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other Championship tr on 18:33 - Aug 17 by Northernr

He played well at our place but we have been down that road before!!
Seems the Wigan fans are somewhat sorry to see him go but not quite slashing their wrists so time will tell if we missed out or not. I suspect we were not that bothered.
Other Championship tr on 10:17 - Aug 18 with 2562 viewsfrancisbowles

Other Championship tr on 10:04 - Aug 18 by CroydonCaptJack

He played well at our place but we have been down that road before!!
Seems the Wigan fans are somewhat sorry to see him go but not quite slashing their wrists so time will tell if we missed out or not. I suspect we were not that bothered.

There are all sorts of possible reasons that we didn't splash the cash on him.

1. Cardiff offered more than us
2. He wanted too much from us.
3. He accepted Cardiff's offer because it is cheaper in Wales than London.
4. Ollie didn't think he suited our 'style'.
5. We didn't think he would fit in with our dressing room.
6. We didn't think he was good enough.
7. Problem of him being relegated last season, his head is not right.

These are just some possibilities. Truth is we don't know and maybe never will, so should we really be saying 'should have taken a gamble on him' without knowing the facts?
Other Championship tr on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 2558 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship tr on 09:38 - Aug 18 by stevec

Actually you're right, this YouTube thing you speak of is a great research tool.

I've already found this prolific goalscoring midfielder we could have a look at...

This guy looks pretty useful as well, quite the shot on him

Other Championship tr on 10:28 - Aug 18 with 2531 viewsstevec

Other Championship tr on 10:20 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Actually you're right, this YouTube thing you speak of is a great research tool.

I've already found this prolific goalscoring midfielder we could have a look at...

This guy looks pretty useful as well, quite the shot on him

Ha ha, nice one.

Last time I go on you tube.
Other Championship transfers on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 2477 viewskarl

Other Championship transfers on 23:45 - Aug 15 by kensalriser

Three goals in three games for Waghorn now.

5 goals between them, don't expect a reply from the usual SPL knockers!
tbf Disco always banged on that we should have been looking at Waghorn but if Ipswich are still a very direct team (stereotyping McCarthy teams) then both Waghorn and Garner will suit that from what they did in Scotland, they're pretty basic footballers and couldn't compete with the top teams up here, as hard as that is for some to accept, and i don't think either would particularly suit QPR either for that reason no matter how much its tried with Smith
Other Championship transfers on 12:07 - Aug 18 with 2426 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Yiadom deal to Huddersfield broken down. Could we swoop in? Would be perfect replacement for Wszolek depending on injury

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Other Championship transfers on 18:01 - Aug 19 with 2291 viewskarl

Another two from Waghorn and Garner today! McCarthy probably can't believe it either haha
Other Championship transfers on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 2141 viewssimmo

Gallagher to Birmingham :-(

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 15:33 - Aug 21 with 2035 viewseghamranger

Other Championship transfers on 13:35 - Aug 21 by simmo

Gallagher to Birmingham :-(

Good player Gallagher

Harry has also taken Bramall and Jenkinson on loan

Their wage bill and Wolves will be massive this year!!
Other Championship transfers on 15:39 - Aug 21 with 2018 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 15:33 - Aug 21 by eghamranger

Good player Gallagher

Harry has also taken Bramall and Jenkinson on loan

Their wage bill and Wolves will be massive this year!!

I must be in a minority of one but I really aint that fussed about Birmingham's signings , Jenkinson is as injury prone as Wilshire , and I would have sylla & smith over Gallagher
as for Downing he only made a career in the top flight as he was the only left footed winger England had
the only one happy with all these signings will be Arrys dog at the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 16:39 - Aug 21 with 1969 viewsdaveB

Other Championship transfers on 15:39 - Aug 21 by paulparker

I must be in a minority of one but I really aint that fussed about Birmingham's signings , Jenkinson is as injury prone as Wilshire , and I would have sylla & smith over Gallagher
as for Downing he only made a career in the top flight as he was the only left footed winger England had
the only one happy with all these signings will be Arrys dog at the end of the season

They haven't bought anyone who looks amazing but he'll probably get them in the top half this season, signed better players than I expected him to
Other Championship transfers on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1944 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Aren't Burnley supposed to be a sane well run club?

Chris Wood, FIFTEEN MILLION spondulicks!

Dear God!
Other Championship transfers on 17:02 - Aug 21 with 1939 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 16:57 - Aug 21 by WrightUp5hit___

Aren't Burnley supposed to be a sane well run club?

Chris Wood, FIFTEEN MILLION spondulicks!

Dear God!

About 45m in sales out the club, £25m odd spent from that, the bulk of which is for Chris Wood who at 25 has sell on value and is yet to reach his prime.

£20m in the black for transfers on top of all the premier league and TV money seems pretty well run to me.

Other Championship transfers on 17:09 - Aug 21 with 1923 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Not so much gobsmacked about the accountancy, that's more a case of if they have it and want to spend it fine. It's the market value of Chris bleedin' Wood. FIFTEEN MILLION on that cumbersome oaf!

At least our own cumbersome oaf was at pre value explosion prices.
Other Championship transfers on 17:25 - Aug 21 with 1898 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 17:09 - Aug 21 by WrightUp5hit___

Not so much gobsmacked about the accountancy, that's more a case of if they have it and want to spend it fine. It's the market value of Chris bleedin' Wood. FIFTEEN MILLION on that cumbersome oaf!

At least our own cumbersome oaf was at pre value explosion prices.

Yeah have to say I have never really been a big fan of Woods but Burnley's approach has always been to buy the best of the Championship and lower half of the prem, as long as they are also working class and run like fck. A player at 25 with a 1 in 2 scoring rate and 30 goals last season ticks those boxes, he's also a lump, which Dyche likes.

Also 15m is a lot, but Leeds know that Burnley have it (and some), so with that in mind and in this current market, it's not actually that bad...

Other Championship transfers on 12:00 - Aug 22 with 1717 viewsNorthernr

Bridcutt signs for Forest. Turned into a bit of Champ journeyman, I really rated him a few years ago.
Other Championship tr on 12:41 - Aug 22 with 1662 viewsWestbourneR

Other Championship tr on 18:23 - Aug 17 by stevec

I'd actually take Neil Warnock's interest in Bogle as a good reason to avoid - his record for spotting a striker is poor.

If he'd not been handed Helguson (who he tried to replace with that lump who couldn't hit a cows arse and name I've totally forgotten) we'd never have had a striker good enough.

Again at Sheff Utd he used to buy striker after striker for pretty big money and and they all flopped.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024