Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On way back... 23:02 - Aug 8 with 7305 viewsdavman

Not the greatest game, but job done.

Ingram - comfortable and a great bit of skill in the 2nd half to take it round an attacker. Looked like he would get caught by a block on a couple of occasions, but got it away. 6
Furlong - energetic on the right 7
Robinson -pretty rusty looking and not as dynamic as I'd hope; poor delivery on occasion 5.5
Caulker- I know it was against a League 1 side, but so comfortable all night. On this showing, still the best CB we have currently fit. 7
Ned - some good blocks, but caught in possession again and woeful distribution 5
Borysiuk 7 combative, kept it very simple. Looked composed. 7
Yeni - some glimpses of skill, good work rate, there when needed for the goal 6.5
Manning - anonymous for the first half. Drifted more central and improved in the second half. 6
Freeman- good on the ball, but little end product. Looked light he was light on options in front of him.
Smith -woeful tonight, awful touch, ineffective. 4.5
Sylla - not much better than Smith, more of a threat,but fell over too much. 5

Subs
Washington - good energetic cameo; our top striker on show. 6.5
Chair - fantastic debut. Always looked for the ball and some good moves. Made things happen. 7
Petrasso - better from Mikey, looked threatening at times. 6.5

Overall, job done, not great, but in the hat!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

On way back... on 23:57 - Aug 8 with 5283 viewsNorthernr

Well Chair looked very good and Furlong settled into a good performance once the system got switched after a nightmare opening 15. Really disappointed with Smith and Sylla, offered nothing - not exactly a big message to the manager demanding a recall, made even worse by Washington pulling up with a muscle injury at the end which presumably makes him a doubt for Saturday.

We made heavy work of it but Northampton did play well - 7 looked a good player, 22 was a fcking monster.
On way back... on 00:22 - Aug 9 with 5190 viewsqpr1976

So no score for Freeman, but Borysuik totalled 14 ?

Sorry, being pedantic. A cup win does that to me !
On way back... on 00:26 - Aug 9 with 5177 viewsoldmisery

On way back... on 23:57 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Well Chair looked very good and Furlong settled into a good performance once the system got switched after a nightmare opening 15. Really disappointed with Smith and Sylla, offered nothing - not exactly a big message to the manager demanding a recall, made even worse by Washington pulling up with a muscle injury at the end which presumably makes him a doubt for Saturday.

We made heavy work of it but Northampton did play well - 7 looked a good player, 22 was a fcking monster.

The performance of the majority of our 'second string' would appear to have made Ollie's job somewhat easier. Apart from Caulker and to a lesser extent Furlong, there probably won't be too many players knocking on the Manager's door demanding to know why they haven't been selected for the team on Saturday.

Some of those playing tonight were, at best, average but Smith, Sylla and Robinson were abysmal and whilst he scored the only goal tonight (looked offside from my view in the paddocks) I thought Ngbakoto contributed very little. I still can't work out what his role his and I'm not sure he knows either.
On way back... on 00:52 - Aug 9 with 5106 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Sylla was ok. Hold up play quite good and doesn't give the ball away easily. Does have an annoying habit of expecting the referee to give him something when he gets knocked over. Just get up and fight to get it back!

I would like to see him on the pitch with Wszolek, so he gets a few more chances.

If Washington is out then put Sylla up top with Mackie.

We weren't very fluid tonight but hardly surprising with nine changes.
On way back... on 10:06 - Aug 9 with 4308 viewsLowerloftLad

Northampton played well made things difficult for us everything ran via there number 7 who is surely worth a look at over the next 6 month's. We could have easily been beaten by 2 or 3 tonight but we battled through and got the job done
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 10:06]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

On way back... on 10:13 - Aug 9 with 4263 viewstoboboly

Personally don't know what Yeni offers, needs to learn from Freeman about how to harry defences.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

On way back... on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 4135 viewsozexile

Everyone says chair played well but no-one has said what position he played ? Can someone enlighten us ex pats please.
On way back... on 11:25 - Aug 9 with 4046 viewsbosh67

On way back... on 10:54 - Aug 9 by ozexile

Everyone says chair played well but no-one has said what position he played ? Can someone enlighten us ex pats please.

Plays the ball in the deck does Chair and sits behind the front two. Good to have him in the fold although I think his use will be occasional at this stage.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 11:26]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

On way back... on 11:34 - Aug 9 with 3995 viewsBlue_Castello

What position - Lounge or dining room , he's very versatile, but been accused of being a bit stationary.......sorry I will get my coat...
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 12:32]
On way back... on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 3976 viewsozexile

On way back... on 11:34 - Aug 9 by Blue_Castello

What position - Lounge or dining room , he's very versatile, but been accused of being a bit stationary.......sorry I will get my coat...

Very good
On way back... on 11:42 - Aug 9 with 3959 viewsichbinnaughty

On way back... on 23:57 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Was their #22 that Aaron Pierre fella that we were rumoured to be looking at, who was at Wycombe last season - one in the mould of a certain Daniel Shittu esquire?
On way back... on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 3794 viewsBucksRanger

According to the Northampton web site #22 is Matt Crooks, #16 is Aaron Pierre.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/
On way back... on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 3741 viewsenfieldargh

On way back... on 11:34 - Aug 9 by Blue_Castello

I want to know where did we get him from and is he on interest free credit and can we send him back if were not happy with him.

Does he come in any other colours?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

On way back... on 12:37 - Aug 9 with 3725 viewsRANGERS4EVER

On way back... on 12:24 - Aug 9 by BucksRanger

According to the Northampton web site #22 is Matt Crooks, #16 is Aaron Pierre.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

We were already looking at Pierre wont we? He has just signed for them

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

On way back... on 12:39 - Aug 9 with 3705 viewsbob566

midfielder. According to wiki he came to us from standard liege.
On way back... on 13:04 - Aug 9 with 3617 viewsRBlock

On way back... on 00:52 - Aug 9 by francisbowles

I think Sylla was ok. Hold up play quite good and doesn't give the ball away easily. Does have an annoying habit of expecting the referee to give him something when he gets knocked over. Just get up and fight to get it back!

I would like to see him on the pitch with Wszolek, so he gets a few more chances.

If Washington is out then put Sylla up top with Mackie.

We weren't very fluid tonight but hardly surprising with nine changes.

This. There is definitely something to work with in Sylla. He brings it down on his chest well, then usually has the feet to lay it off. It looks unorthodox but it works well. As you say, he doesn't have much fight in him, and is prone to flop over looking for the freekick everytime someone brushes up behind him. Get a bit more fight in him, so he actually tries to stay on his feet, and we have a decent striker. Absolutely streets ahead of Smith who looked terrible yesterday. Couldn't even win a header.
On way back... on 13:12 - Aug 9 with 3580 viewsbenmightsay

Hope you don't mind me sharing this - here's how the game looked from a neutral perspective.

Was impressed with Caulker, glad to see him seemingly back on track.

On way back... on 13:24 - Aug 9 with 3500 viewsNorthernr

Must say I'm surprised at the positive Caulker comments. Looked rusty as hell to me and nearly cost us a goal straight from the kick off after we'd taken the lead.
On way back... on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 3481 viewsbeanofire1

I've been to LR for League cup games in previous years, Swindon apart, and even then it took penalties to get through, where we've been on the wrong end of it against supposedly weaker teams.
So, to come away with a clean sheet and a win, is nigh on incredible. However it happened.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

On way back... on 13:30 - Aug 9 with 3475 viewsWadR

Thought Furlong looked our best player. Caulker looked v rusty - mistimed one bad tackle from behind that he never should've been attempting to make and kept trying to use his pace to create a bit of space to make clearances when facing his own goal but would overhit the ball into space, meaning it either went off for a throw or forced to him boot it long.

Their No.22 was absolutely massive. That's the extent of my analysis.
On way back... on 14:00 - Aug 9 with 3364 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He was all over the front line and tracking back too. Full of energy and vision and skill. Think Anthony Knockaert. Only one game but I was very impressed. Looked like he had something to prove.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

On way back... on 14:08 - Aug 9 with 3323 viewsquickpassrotter

Basically - everywhere...linked up play behind the two Strikers and covered the width of the pitch. He was a bundle of energy. Quick, determined, ran at players, tackled, demanded the ball. Good control. A handful. Good awareness of who was around him
Also, looked like he was really enjoying it. All this in circa 25 mins or so.
Early days of course - just hope that he gets more opportunities.
On way back... on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 3295 viewsquickpassrotter

On way back... on 13:24 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Must say I'm surprised at the positive Caulker comments. Looked rusty as hell to me and nearly cost us a goal straight from the kick off after we'd taken the lead.

Out on his feet, unsurprisingly, in last 20 minutes. Starting getting dragged out wide and exposed.
On way back... on 14:12 - Aug 9 with 3282 viewsquickpassrotter

On way back... on 12:39 - Aug 9 by bob566

midfielder. According to wiki he came to us from standard liege.

Actually ...it was Lierse SK who are located near Antwerp.
On way back... on 14:19 - Aug 9 with 3252 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Glad to see Chair get his debut. Hopefully he 'll chair-ish that moment for a long, long time...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024