Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goss 01:01 - Aug 9 with 8437 viewsBromleyHoop

I was mildly excited about this lad signing for us. He's had precious little opportunity to show what he can do but was very surprised to see that he didn't even make the bench for tonight's second string outing against Northampton. In a way I hope he's injured because if he isn't then it would appear that he's next to no chance of making many appearances if any this season.
If you take it that his best position is as a deeper laying midfielder then it would seem that Scowen is the first pick in that role followed by Borusiuk and Cousins when fit and even Hall after that. I wonder why Holloway bought him. Maybe time for a loan move ?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Goss on 01:09 - Aug 9 with 7489 viewsTacticalR

In his rare appearances last season he seemed to continually drift backwards to play his quarterback passes.

In the Stan Bowles match he was playing at centre-back so he was already in the right position to play those kind of passes (so that looks his most comfortable position in terms of passing), although I've no idea if he can defend.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 1:14]

Air hostess clique

Goss on 02:10 - Aug 9 with 7429 viewsFredManRave

He owes us nothing.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Goss on 04:17 - Aug 9 with 7377 viewsBlackCrowe

ManYoo proper fans rate him highly and are expecting us to polish the diamond and return him in a couple of years ready for the squad.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Goss on 05:45 - Aug 9 with 7310 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Goss on 04:17 - Aug 9 by BlackCrowe

ManYoo proper fans rate him highly and are expecting us to polish the diamond and return him in a couple of years ready for the squad.

After JSP, I know what we can polish and send back to them for three-mill!

In view of the midfielders we have, I do wonder if we'd have signed him in retrospect. I'd get him out on loan to get some games under his belt. I think he's 23 and hasn't played much.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 7:24]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Goss on 06:36 - Aug 9 with 7212 viewsWatford_Ranger

Feed him steak and lock him in the weights room for a year.

Or send him to Swindon.
Goss on 08:00 - Aug 9 with 6990 viewsMick_S

Goss on 02:10 - Aug 9 by FredManRave

He owes us nothing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Goss on 08:34 - Aug 9 with 6866 viewsNorthernr

Long term project. We're having to get all the strength, conditioning and street smarts into him that he should have been getting at Exeter over the past few years but instead decided to play reserve team football because it was Manchester United. Hundreds of talented kids wasting their time (football wise) like this up and down the Premier League, come out the other end completely unsuited to even playing at our mediocre level.
Goss on 09:45 - Aug 9 with 6660 viewsbosh67

Has been recovering from a string of terrible injuries. I was at the Bowles match and he looks like a natural ball playing CB. He's listed at 5 foot 10 but I think they must have measured him when he was 15. He's about 6 foot 4. He's taller than Smithies and Smithies is 6 foot 3.

I think we should be working on him being a CB. He is good in the air and looked entirely at home at CB. Plus he can pass and carry the ball.

Another Glenn Roeder in the making.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Goss on 09:47 - Aug 9 with 6648 viewsNorthernr

Goss on 09:45 - Aug 9 by bosh67

Has been recovering from a string of terrible injuries. I was at the Bowles match and he looks like a natural ball playing CB. He's listed at 5 foot 10 but I think they must have measured him when he was 15. He's about 6 foot 4. He's taller than Smithies and Smithies is 6 foot 3.

I think we should be working on him being a CB. He is good in the air and looked entirely at home at CB. Plus he can pass and carry the ball.

If you think Sean Goss is 6 ft 4 (Crouch is 6 ft 6) I seriously wouldn't want you measuring me up for a carpet.
Goss on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 6625 viewsRs_Holy

Goss on 08:34 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Long term project. We're having to get all the strength, conditioning and street smarts into him that he should have been getting at Exeter over the past few years but instead decided to play reserve team football because it was Manchester United. Hundreds of talented kids wasting their time (football wise) like this up and down the Premier League, come out the other end completely unsuited to even playing at our mediocre level.

Machedo, JSP (PJS?), Will Keane...
Now Goss...I'm not holding my breath !
Goss on 10:27 - Aug 9 with 6541 viewsqueensparker

In the game at Griffin Park last year he looked like a kid playing a man's game - that little ginger fella they've got (who can't be far off the same age) ran rings around him while he got knocked off the ball, chased shadows and touched it about three times.

He's definitely got talent but he's not ready yet I don't think.
Goss on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 6509 viewsNorthernr

Goss on 10:27 - Aug 9 by queensparker

In the game at Griffin Park last year he looked like a kid playing a man's game - that little ginger fella they've got (who can't be far off the same age) ran rings around him while he got knocked off the ball, chased shadows and touched it about three times.

He's definitely got talent but he's not ready yet I don't think.

The little ginger fella is Ryan Woods and he's quality. Only 23 but already got 103 appearances for Shrewsbury and 88 for Brentford under his belt and can't you just tell the difference.
Goss on 10:44 - Aug 9 with 6459 viewspaulparker

We are best off maybe sending this lad on loan for 3 months to say Swindon and let him get games , its the state of football now that a player at 22 has only played less than 10 games in his whole career

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Goss on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 6182 viewsbeanofire1

He had certainly filled out after seeing him in the Bournemout PSF. He looked almost twice as wide as last season.
Playing him at CB might be the making of him. He can obviously pick a pass. If we can cach the defensive side of the game and Goss can adapt, we could and I mean could, have a gem on our hands.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Goss on 22:29 - Aug 9 with 5761 viewsBoston

Y'wha, if you're blessed with a ten inch appendage you don't go around telling people it's only three now do ya. Get me drift?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Goss on 09:00 - Aug 10 with 5579 viewssmegma

In the Leipzig game his passing was top drawer but sometimes he tries the Hollywood pass rather than the simpler and safer 5 yard pass. He also got stuck in a lot.

Unlike in the Brentford game but then he shouldn't have even been picked seeing as he had hardly played all season. It's not his fault the manager was acting odd.
Goss on 10:38 - Aug 10 with 5503 viewsDorse

Goss on 22:29 - Aug 9 by Boston

Y'wha, if you're blessed with a ten inch appendage you don't go around telling people it's only three now do ya. Get me drift?

'No, it's a trick of the light. Look it's making that ruler seem bigger.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goss on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 5457 viewsloftus77

Goss on 02:10 - Aug 9 by FredManRave

He owes us nothing.

Terrifyingly, that may be seen by many on here as an 'oldie'...
Goss on 12:29 - Aug 10 with 5372 viewsWeaverQPR

Everybody knows that man utd players don't work out at QPR.

@WeavQPR

Goss on 12:55 - Aug 10 with 5332 viewscaliforniahoop

Goss on 12:29 - Aug 10 by WeaverQPR

Everybody knows that man utd players don't work out at QPR.

Except, Givens, McCleary( spelling) , Micklewhite, Wilkins, of all the disappointing signing from Man U, Gordon Hill was the worst, I was so excited when we signed him.
Goss on 13:25 - Aug 10 with 5280 viewsLunarJetman

Goss on 09:47 - Aug 9 by Northernr

If you think Sean Goss is 6 ft 4 (Crouch is 6 ft 6) I seriously wouldn't want you measuring me up for a carpet.

You should see how long he tells his wife 8 inches is....
Goss on 23:08 - Aug 10 with 5082 viewsTheRam

How tall are you? I'm guessing not very tall. X
Goss on 10:22 - Aug 11 with 4924 viewsfrancisbowles

Goss on 23:08 - Aug 10 by TheRam

My impression of Goss based on seeing him when he was introduced on the pitch after signing and then at Brentford and his other cameos is that he is very tall.

Having seen him in the Stan match, I also think he has filled out a bit.
Goss on 10:32 - Aug 11 with 4911 viewsDorse

Goss on 23:08 - Aug 10 by TheRam

Goss is quite adaptable. He can be quite tall, tall or very tall as the situation demands.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Goss on 10:44 - Aug 11 with 4897 viewsTacticalR

Goss on 10:32 - Aug 11 by Dorse

Goss is quite adaptable. He can be quite tall, tall or very tall as the situation demands.

Be like water

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024