Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bare Bones 10:13 - Sep 15 with 8400 viewsdaveB

Onuoha ruled out of game tomorrow with hamstring injury, Perch, Hall and Lynch also missing.

Bare Bones on 11:31 - Sep 15 with 2083 viewsRBlock

Bare Bones on 10:55 - Sep 15 by simmo

Agreed, that's what I think will happen, would much rather we just switch to a 4 though TBH.

I've rated Baptiste the last couple of games, but a back 3 of him, Robinson and Furlong doesn't fill me with confidence. As you said without Onuoha steadying the ship and marshaling them around, it will be shaky.
Bare Bones on 11:42 - Sep 15 with 2035 viewskarl

Bare Bones on 10:36 - Sep 15 by daveB

I reckon that will be the team, would be a big call to throw one of the kids in at Boro.

We'll get a good hiding tomorrow

Is the speed merchants (Traore?) ban immediate? If he's out i would possibly think Hill could start as long as the fullbacks picked have a bit of pace, maybe even as part of a 3 but this will be the exact reason he has been given his short contract. Get through the first hour and see where we are at then, we'll either have to hold on for a point or just throw everything at them with 4 wingers on the park, Ollies masterplan is taking shape nicely!
Bare Bones on 11:55 - Sep 15 with 2007 viewsWokingR

Bare Bones on 10:50 - Sep 15 by danehoop

Smegma may have views, but thought there looked be a couple of the U23 team defenders who looked to be developing well enough that they may get included in the first team squad.

I can't see Smegma rushing forward to volunteer his opinion after this week, knowing there are a couple of complete twunts out there just waiting to shout him down
Bare Bones on 11:56 - Sep 15 with 2001 viewscyprusmel

I would play Smith instead of Washington, Smiths height would be very useful defending corners and free kicks.
Bare Bones on 12:02 - Sep 15 with 1986 viewssmegma

Bare Bones on 10:54 - Sep 15 by RBlock

I think we'll see Furlong in at CB to the right of Baptiste, with Robinson the other side. Ollie will want to stick with this system IMO, and Furlong can easily shift over to RB in the same way Baptiste has been recently.

I tend to agree with you. He has more experience at first team level.

Someone mentioned both Chris Paul and Giles Phillips. Paul is a classy defender who likes to carry the ball out from defence and can pass the ball well. Phillips is a better defender I reckon but both are still not experienced enough to be plunged into the first team. Of the Under 23s I feel Hamalainen will be in the squad along with Furlong.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 12:28]
Bare Bones on 12:16 - Sep 15 with 1945 viewskarl

Bare Bones on 12:02 - Sep 15 by smegma

I tend to agree with you. He has more experience at first team level.

Someone mentioned both Chris Paul and Giles Phillips. Paul is a classy defender who likes to carry the ball out from defence and can pass the ball well. Phillips is a better defender I reckon but both are still not experienced enough to be plunged into the first team. Of the Under 23s I feel Hamalainen will be in the squad along with Furlong.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 12:28]

Have no knowledge of the youth teams in general so hopefully we are well covered and someone can step up to the plate, would obviously be better to have the club captain next to them as they did it so will be a difficult.
Hills organising skills would be invaluable but if he's not as good a defender as the youngsters these days then Ollie has to decide which attribute suits the game best, hopefully the young players are the answer as thats the future no matter how great it would be to see Hill on the pitch again
Bare Bones on 12:18 - Sep 15 with 1937 viewskenthoop11

Bare Bones on 11:14 - Sep 15 by toboboly

Meant CB. Has had good moments there according to some who watch more than I do.

I'm pretty sure he played there for about 5 minutes in one pre-season friendly - would never risk him in defence in the league. Probably safer putting Caulker in if I'm honest!
Bare Bones on 12:18 - Sep 15 with 1931 viewstoboboly

Bare Bones on 12:18 - Sep 15 by kenthoop11

I'm pretty sure he played there for about 5 minutes in one pre-season friendly - would never risk him in defence in the league. Probably safer putting Caulker in if I'm honest!

Anything but that!! :)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Bare Bones on 12:24 - Sep 15 with 1918 viewssimmo

Bare Bones on 11:56 - Sep 15 by cyprusmel

I would play Smith instead of Washington, Smiths height would be very useful defending corners and free kicks.

I defintely wouldn't, given our injuries and their strength it's got to be a better idea to stay compact and try to break with pace when we get the chance. Smith can't do that, at the end of the Ipswich game he was up top alone and the game passed him by completely. Not quick enough to press the backline, run in behind and we weren't getting close enough to win flick ons. It also means Boro can push high up the pitch and with Gibson they have someone that will head direct balls away all day.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bare Bones on 12:31 - Sep 15 with 1894 viewsfrancisbowles

Bare Bones on 12:24 - Sep 15 by simmo

I defintely wouldn't, given our injuries and their strength it's got to be a better idea to stay compact and try to break with pace when we get the chance. Smith can't do that, at the end of the Ipswich game he was up top alone and the game passed him by completely. Not quick enough to press the backline, run in behind and we weren't getting close enough to win flick ons. It also means Boro can push high up the pitch and with Gibson they have someone that will head direct balls away all day.

Agree with that Simmo, that's why I would favour a 433 with Pav, Wash, Mackie.
Bare Bones on 12:38 - Sep 15 with 1877 viewsdaveB

Bare Bones on 11:42 - Sep 15 by karl

Is the speed merchants (Traore?) ban immediate? If he's out i would possibly think Hill could start as long as the fullbacks picked have a bit of pace, maybe even as part of a 3 but this will be the exact reason he has been given his short contract. Get through the first hour and see where we are at then, we'll either have to hold on for a point or just throw everything at them with 4 wingers on the park, Ollies masterplan is taking shape nicely!

Hill hasn't signed yet so I don't think he can play
Bare Bones on 12:48 - Sep 15 with 1838 viewsLblock

I think we'll go............

Furlong - Baptiste-Robinson-Bidwell - Manning

Ollie does seem okay with Pav as a wing back as well though.
Really Hill is signed up to be on the bench

Despite a critic of a few of our defenders I do hope we dont rush back Ned or Lynch

I am getting increasingly worried that the rumour of Grant Hall being out the whole season seems to be unfolding in front of us.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bare Bones on 13:00 - Sep 15 with 1803 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bare Bones on 12:38 - Sep 15 by daveB

yeah but could easily be registered today i imagine.

Bare bones.

Bare Bones on 13:05 - Sep 15 with 1788 viewskarl

Bare Bones on 12:38 - Sep 15 by daveB

Cheers Dave, hopefully the youngsters are ready to step up if he can't get registered
Bare Bones on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 1733 viewsEsox_Lucius

No-one has mentioned Hamalainen yet and I thought he looked good there when he played in the first team, he has height, pace and didn't look flustered under pressure.

The grass is always greener.

Bare Bones on 13:33 - Sep 15 with 1695 viewssmegma

Bare Bones on 13:23 - Sep 15 by Esox_Lucius

No-one has mentioned Hamalainen yet and I thought he looked good there when he played in the first team, he has height, pace and didn't look flustered under pressure.

Look at my post at 12:02 above
Bare Bones on 13:48 - Sep 15 with 1659 viewsNorthernr

Hill had to be registered by midday I think.

Caulker is a non-starter.
Bare Bones on 14:20 - Sep 15 with 1587 viewskarl

Bare Bones on 13:48 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Hill had to be registered by midday I think.

Caulker is a non-starter.

I assume Caulker is ill again, which given the news of Clarke Carlisle gives food for thought of course
Bare Bones on 14:23 - Sep 15 with 1567 viewsichbinnaughty

Bare Bones on 13:23 - Sep 15 by Esox_Lucius

Saw Hamaleinen against Sunnerlan in the cup last season and I thought he was awful. Constantly getting caught out of position from a long diagnonal ball.
Kakay acquitted himself far better.
Bare Bones on 14:46 - Sep 15 with 1504 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bare Bones on 14:23 - Sep 15 by ichbinnaughty

Saw Hamaleinen against Sunnerlan in the cup last season and I thought he was awful. Constantly getting caught out of position from a long diagnonal ball.
Kakay acquitted himself far better.

True, but did well v Fulham when he came on.

Bare bones.

Bare Bones on 14:48 - Sep 15 with 1500 viewsLowerloftLad

Did jamie makie not play right back a few years back away at reading ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bare Bones on 14:59 - Sep 15 with 1479 viewssexton

In August 1975 both regular centre backs, Webb and McLintock, were injured for our visit to Derby, then champions. We played the game with Tony Tagg making his full debut and reserve centre forward Ron Abbott lining up at the back. We won 5-1. Have faith.
Bare Bones on 15:05 - Sep 15 with 1445 viewsdaveB

No Return for Hill, couldn't agree personal terms

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-qpr-return-hill-talks-personal-terms-break
Bare Bones on 15:28 - Sep 15 with 1388 viewsWokingR

Bare Bones on 15:05 - Sep 15 by daveB

No Return for Hill, couldn't agree personal terms

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-qpr-return-hill-talks-personal-terms-break

Bugger !
Bare Bones on 15:34 - Sep 15 with 1367 viewskingsburyR

Bare Bones on 10:40 - Sep 15 by Dorse

Smithies
Jude the Cat, Conor from the box office, Equipment Monitorer Sam Perrin
Wszolek, Scowen, Freeman, Luongo, Bidwell
Mackie, Smith
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 10:50]

In all fairness Jude the cat is a fairly imposing figure and Conor is reliable.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024