Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP decision in - not good 14:01 - Oct 24 with 50113 viewsNorthernr

Arbitration found in favour of the league, basically protecting its role as a lawmaker that can set the rules for its competition as it sees fit. It leaves QPR liable to paying the fine in full, £40m-£60m

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-financial-fair-play-dispute/

The club will be launching an appeal against this which will basically drag the whole thing on for another two years or so. They've a good chance in that, on the grounds of proptionality - you can fine HSBC £1.4bn but you can't fine the local Spar Shop the same amount for the same offence. Basically leaves the whole club, everybody that works there, the training ground development and us supporters in limbo for another two years. But yeh, at least Harry won us a promotion right?

Hopefully critics of Ferdinand, Hoos, Holloway, even Hasselbaink, and basically everybody that's been left to clear up the mess left by Hughes, Redknapp, Beard and most of all Fernandes previously now appreciate what a fcking tight spot they're all in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FFP decision in - not good on 14:04 - Oct 24 with 15660 viewsstumbleandfall

I cannot believe the FL will insist on a £60 million fine. That is insanity. Surely it will be suspended of some sort.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:05 - Oct 24 with 15645 viewsHunterhoop

Oh, bollocks.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:07 - Oct 24 with 15621 viewsNorthernr

FFP decision in - not good on 14:04 - Oct 24 by stumbleandfall

I cannot believe the FL will insist on a £60 million fine. That is insanity. Surely it will be suspended of some sort.

They're in an awkward position. They don't want to enforce the fine, they know it basically bankrupts a member club, but equally they don't want their rules to fall over, nor clubs punished already under those rules (Blackburn, Forest) to come after them. It's a mess from which only the lawyers are winning.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:09 - Oct 24 with 15593 viewsHunterhoop

Completely agree with your assessment, Clive. But there is also a big part of me thinking that the FA can f*ck right off. They'll be worse offenders than us this season! What will they fine them? And we came back down straight away, so didn't benefit to the full extent possible AND we've almost got ourselves solvent, which was the whole f*cking objective of bringing FFP into existence! We didn't need a £60m fine to do that!

Utter vvankers.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:09 - Oct 24 with 15585 viewsjohncharles

Drinks all round at Brentford no doubt.

Strong and stable my arse.

FFP decision in - not good on 14:10 - Oct 24 with 15569 viewsNorthernr

FFP decision in - not good on 14:09 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

Completely agree with your assessment, Clive. But there is also a big part of me thinking that the FA can f*ck right off. They'll be worse offenders than us this season! What will they fine them? And we came back down straight away, so didn't benefit to the full extent possible AND we've almost got ourselves solvent, which was the whole f*cking objective of bringing FFP into existence! We didn't need a £60m fine to do that!

Utter vvankers.

Football League, not FA, but yeh.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:17 - Oct 24 with 15492 viewsSimonJames

Stitch up.

100% of people who drink water will die.

FFP decision in - not good on 14:19 - Oct 24 with 15467 viewspaulparker

At least Tony is learning by his mistakes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

FFP decision in - not good on 14:20 - Oct 24 with 15446 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 14:19 - Oct 24 by paulparker

At least Tony is learning by his mistakes

Well to be fair to him he voted in its favour. But that isn't our argument is it.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:21 - Oct 24 with 15435 viewsNov77

so when are we getting our new training ground and stadium then?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

FFP decision in - not good on 14:21 - Oct 24 with 15434 viewsrobith

Well. That's that then.

Pass the cyanide capsule Nigel
FFP decision in - not good on 14:26 - Oct 24 with 15364 viewssimmo

Another 2 years of more of the same. That's about it, for now.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

FFP decision in - not good on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 15288 viewstimcocking

FFP, doesnt half make my blood boil.

Can we pass the fine to Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp and their bloodsucking agents?
FFP decision in - not good on 14:39 - Oct 24 with 15218 viewsswitchingcode

FFP decision in - not good on 14:09 - Oct 24 by johncharles

Drinks all round at Brentford no doubt.

Piss off,but your own
FFP decision in - not good on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 15200 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 14:39 - Oct 24 by switchingcode

Piss off,but your own

Blimey, you don't stray far from this board. Don't you have any of your own?
FFP decision in - not good on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 15159 viewsCroydonCaptJack

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11096493/arbitration-panel-rules-ag
FFP decision in - not good on 14:46 - Oct 24 with 15124 viewsFDC

Best case scenario, this dragging on for another couple of years results in some enforced financial sanity at the club, and the the fine ends up being greatly reduced away from the spotlight at a future date...?

You wonder how this will effect owndership of the club. Does it restrict things like purchasing new grounds etc? Presumably it does, and presumably that chucks cold water over any prospects for making any money out of the club?
FFP decision in - not good on 14:47 - Oct 24 with 15116 viewsswitchingcode

FFP decision in - not good on 14:40 - Oct 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Blimey, you don't stray far from this board. Don't you have any of your own?

Just down the road 😃 yes we got a good fans forum that’s open to fans of other clubs just like yours.On a serious note can’t see this ever being paid if they give in and withdraw the fine there will be a string of clubs headed by Luton who would seek compensation that could fun into a fortune.Think it suits them to let this run and run.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:49 - Oct 24 with 15081 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure who was on the adjudication panel, but put this before a competent and independent panel and I’m still of the view the fine will be apportioned to a sensible amount.

Now let’s get back to discussing our transfer targets for January? We need a proven goal scorer, possibly two, and a rock at the back......

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FFP decision in - not good on 14:50 - Oct 24 with 15073 viewsrsonist

FFP decision in - not good on 14:26 - Oct 24 by simmo

Another 2 years of more of the same. That's about it, for now.

Yeah. A couple more years to further draw the poison out of the argument while we continue to fall in line with FFP (which may as well be an embargo in the current market).

I'm not really sure how much this changes, to be honest - is it even a surprise? - neither side were going to have a total victory, the whole thing was going to be about finding the most palatable compromise to lose least face.

I suppose we should bear in mind the FL will be gearing up to clobber Sheffield Wednesday next season and need all the leverage they can get.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:55 - Oct 24 with 15039 viewsqprd

Debtors' prisons were done away with when lawmakers realized it was pretty stupid to put people in prison when they had high debts- putting them in jail made it impossible for them to earn money and actually pay back their debts

By the same token, how f***ing stupid is it to punish a club for financial mismanagement by handing them a massive massive fine? I can understand a points deduction or a transfer embargo. but if the intention of FFP is to make clubs financial sustainable, doesn't this rule just push the financially weak clubs off a cliff?

This is really, really bad. Even if QPR escapes a fine, the uncertainty will freeze any investment going forward.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:58 - Oct 24 with 15003 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That’s a lot of shitty autobiographies they’ll need to shift.

I think we need to be honest with ourselves though, if this wasn’t QPR we’d all be saying ‘good’.
FFP decision in - not good on 14:59 - Oct 24 with 14983 viewsDorse

Gob status: bummed
Piss temperature: boiling

So, with the Sword of Damcles pressed firmly against the club's spinal column, we approach Saturday's game with a spring in our step and a song in our hearts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FFP decision in - not good on 15:00 - Oct 24 with 14977 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 14:47 - Oct 24 by switchingcode

Just down the road 😃 yes we got a good fans forum that’s open to fans of other clubs just like yours.On a serious note can’t see this ever being paid if they give in and withdraw the fine there will be a string of clubs headed by Luton who would seek compensation that could fun into a fortune.Think it suits them to let this run and run.

Yes, I think that is the problem. No-one wants to back down because of the knock-on effects. I feel we may be about to see just how deep our shareholders pockets are though.

There will also be a whole host of other clubs worried about this now as well.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:10 - Oct 24 with 14892 viewsLblock

FFP decision in - not good on 14:49 - Oct 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Not sure who was on the adjudication panel, but put this before a competent and independent panel and I’m still of the view the fine will be apportioned to a sensible amount.

Now let’s get back to discussing our transfer targets for January? We need a proven goal scorer, possibly two, and a rock at the back......

Panel Member Number One -- Mick Dennis

Panel Member Number Two -- Andy Hinchcliffe

Panel Member Number Three -- Rob Styles

All agreed that Bungle needs shooting

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024