Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP decision in - not good 14:01 - Oct 24 with 50504 viewsNorthernr

Arbitration found in favour of the league, basically protecting its role as a lawmaker that can set the rules for its competition as it sees fit. It leaves QPR liable to paying the fine in full, £40m-£60m

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-financial-fair-play-dispute/

The club will be launching an appeal against this which will basically drag the whole thing on for another two years or so. They've a good chance in that, on the grounds of proptionality - you can fine HSBC £1.4bn but you can't fine the local Spar Shop the same amount for the same offence. Basically leaves the whole club, everybody that works there, the training ground development and us supporters in limbo for another two years. But yeh, at least Harry won us a promotion right?

Hopefully critics of Ferdinand, Hoos, Holloway, even Hasselbaink, and basically everybody that's been left to clear up the mess left by Hughes, Redknapp, Beard and most of all Fernandes previously now appreciate what a fcking tight spot they're all in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FFP decision in - not good on 20:53 - Oct 24 with 3045 viewsessextaxiboy

FFP decision in - not good on 20:10 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

As Bosh and DaveB alluded to, I really hopes this galvanised support behind the club. It certainly makes me want to cheer the club, Hoos, Les, Holloway, Ramsey, Hall, Furlong, etc, and the team itself on more vociferously. It's not their fault. They are having to lead our dear club and clear up others' mess.

I still think we have been royally fcuked by the FL (thanks, Clive), and this abitration panel of unempathatic QCs. This fine is simply not proportionate given what's happened since, to us, other clubs, and with the rule change on fines. The club are showing that we're complying with the principles now. That must count for something. Good behaviour and all. They're punishing a club now behaving exactly as they wanted! Christ, this fine is disproportionate! Utter vvankers.

Hopefully EVERY fan can get behind was Lee and Les are doing. It's our best defence in reducing the fine.

I'm sure we'll appeal the severity, and we'll negotiate them down in fine and possibly be able to pay in instalments.

What it will mean is the club will be operating on a shoestring, as per now, made up is misfits. Beggars can't be choosers and all that! It'll be a phenomenal feat to stay up each season.

If you can't get behind the club now, us against them, whenever will you?! You're simply no fan if you don't.

Exactly , I would happily commit to renewing now as a show of support .
FFP decision in - not good on 20:58 - Oct 24 with 3010 viewsFDC

This will be fairly essential listening

FFP decision in - not good on 21:00 - Oct 24 with 3005 viewsBucksRanger

I suggest Tony hands over £40 million in shares to the Football League in lieu of cash and make them a part owner of QPR. Any future failure to abide by FFP rules would therefore make the FL complicit. That should get the FL to find someone to sell the shares on to pretty damn quick.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:07]
FFP decision in - not good on 21:00 - Oct 24 with 3002 viewsQPR_John

FFP decision in - not good on 20:30 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

That would be utterly ludicrous.

Very true but it is the FL we are dealing with. I cannot give chapter or verse but I did read somewhere that any fines count as a loss against a club for FFP purposes
FFP decision in - not good on 21:01 - Oct 24 with 2995 viewsShotKneesHoop

FFP decision in - not good on 20:45 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

It's like Brexit.

Somebody needs to clarify what the fck is going on. Has anyone got a good address at the football league to write to? If they're going to take my football club to the cleaners I want to know about it.

I suggest you use the same address that has worked so well for 'Arry Redknobb...... CEO of Sketchley Cleaners of The Football League.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

FFP decision in - not good on 21:07 - Oct 24 with 2962 viewsJamesB1979

I would like to think that some sensible conclusion can be reached. Surely most importantly we need to have our finances in line with the rules. Maybe agree that given our recent improved financials, an upfront fine of 10m plus 1 year transfer embargo and agree a set of financial targets to meet to get this sorted. I’m not sure I agre with the clubs stance of appealing and keeping things open. I think try to get some certainty and get a deal agreed. This has been hanging over us for a while now and we need to move on.
FFP decision in - not good on 21:12 - Oct 24 with 2932 viewsQPR_John

What nobody has realised yet is that this ruling if upheld on appeal relegates our club and others similar to our size to the Championship occasionally but more likely life in league 1 and 2. We cannot generate the finances to compete without input from the owners. Of course things may be different with a new ground generating finances not football related if the owners go ahead ( debts due to infrastructure I believe are not counted towards FFP ). However should they decide enough is enough we will join many other clubs outside the promised land. They really might as well pick 40 clubs to form the Premier League 1 and 2 and do away with relegation. FFP has made going for promotion nothing more than a gamble.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 21:14]
FFP decision in - not good on 21:13 - Oct 24 with 2924 viewsBrightonhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 21:01 - Oct 24 by ShotKneesHoop

I suggest you use the same address that has worked so well for 'Arry Redknobb...... CEO of Sketchley Cleaners of The Football League.

That's the thing though isn't it? Whatever the FLs objectives, they are flawed, because Rednap has all but killed Pompey, now us, sacked by Birmigham and still walks the land in search of his next killing. Meanwhile at the FL....silence. At least the FA had the b4lls to bin off a certain J Terry. This lot? God only knows.
Login to get fewer ads

FFP decision in - not good on 21:14 - Oct 24 with 2920 viewsBasingstokeR

This bit is in the Telegraph story...

“It was unclear last night whether the club would have to record any fine in their latest annual accounts - putting them in danger of failing FFP again this season - or would be allowed to exclude it“

FFP decision in - not on 21:18 - Oct 24 with 2886 viewsOldPedro

FFP decision in - not on 20:51 - Oct 24 by daveB

If Fernandes walked tomorrow and sold up then we'd still have this hanging over us

Isn't the point of FFP to stop owners spending huge amounts and saddling the club with debt - this hasn't happened at QPR as they have converted the debt to shares.

If however, Fernandes & Co now walked, the club with be left with a huge fine hanging over them which could send the club to the wall. This would mean that the fine not the overspending could bankrupt the club - is this what the rules are meant to do????

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

FFP decision in - not good on 21:22 - Oct 24 with 2852 viewsBrightonhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 21:14 - Oct 24 by BasingstokeR

This bit is in the Telegraph story...

“It was unclear last night whether the club would have to record any fine in their latest annual accounts - putting them in danger of failing FFP again this season - or would be allowed to exclude it“

Incompetence. Any imposed fine then used against any Club in its next Accounts runs against every princile of justice out there.

On that alone I would refuse to pay it, paying risks crippling us again the following season with another £60 Million fine ad infitum. The Wonga.com marketing model has cleaarly been implemented.
FFP decision in - not good on 21:22 - Oct 24 with 2852 viewsted_hendrix

FFP decision in - not good on 20:38 - Oct 24 by richranger

Telegraph saying fine is £40 million http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40mi

Read this bit, go on just read it and bloody well think about it for crying out loud.

"Rangers’ £40m fine is thought to be the largest ever issued in football and is potentially the biggest in sport after the £50m McLaren were docked over Formula One’s ‘Spygate’ scandal.

It is also more than double the amount Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain ended up paying for breaching Uefa’s FFP regulations three years ago."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP decision in - not good on 21:23 - Oct 24 with 2848 viewsbosh67

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our mediocre disaster prone football club!!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP decision in - not on 21:26 - Oct 24 with 2827 viewsHunterhoop

FFP decision in - not on 21:18 - Oct 24 by OldPedro

Isn't the point of FFP to stop owners spending huge amounts and saddling the club with debt - this hasn't happened at QPR as they have converted the debt to shares.

If however, Fernandes & Co now walked, the club with be left with a huge fine hanging over them which could send the club to the wall. This would mean that the fine not the overspending could bankrupt the club - is this what the rules are meant to do????

Exactly. This is why the FL are utter thunderc*nts.
FFP decision in - not good on 21:27 - Oct 24 with 2818 viewsHunterhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 21:22 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

Read this bit, go on just read it and bloody well think about it for crying out loud.

"Rangers’ £40m fine is thought to be the largest ever issued in football and is potentially the biggest in sport after the £50m McLaren were docked over Formula One’s ‘Spygate’ scandal.

It is also more than double the amount Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain ended up paying for breaching Uefa’s FFP regulations three years ago."

Exactly! To decide the fine is "proportionate" is farcical!
FFP decision in - not good on 21:29 - Oct 24 with 2798 viewsHunterhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 21:22 - Oct 24 by Brightonhoop

Incompetence. Any imposed fine then used against any Club in its next Accounts runs against every princile of justice out there.

On that alone I would refuse to pay it, paying risks crippling us again the following season with another £60 Million fine ad infitum. The Wonga.com marketing model has cleaarly been implemented.

Indeed. It would basically give the FA to run any club who fail FFP out of existence. That is surely not the point of a governing body. They're meant to protect their members!
FFP decision in - not on 21:31 - Oct 24 with 2782 viewsWatfordR

Yes, exactly my thinking. The FL comes up with rules to stop owners, as you say, saddling a club with debt ,and effectively crippling the club forever. Our owners convert debt to equity, and now the FL seeks to cripple the club forever with a humungous fine.

The FFP rules are actually restrictive, draconian,"KNOW YOUR PLACE" doctrine designed to protect the big boys in the Prem. These rules will ultimately kill off the FL. Blackburn, Forest, now us. What incentive will anyone ever have to invest in clubs outside the Prem again?
FFP decision in - not good on 21:31 - Oct 24 with 2777 viewsBrightonhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 21:23 - Oct 24 by bosh67

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our mediocre disaster prone football club!!!

Haha. Tea on the keyboard for that on.
FFP decision in - not on 21:32 - Oct 24 with 2771 viewsconnell10

FFP decision in - not on 19:59 - Oct 24 by daveB

fine will be to the club. I don't think throwing our toys out of the pram and dropping down to non league is a serious option though

Nor is paying 40-60 million mate that would bankrupt the club!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP decision in - not on 21:32 - Oct 24 with 2770 viewsJamesB1979

FFP decision in - not on 20:51 - Oct 24 by daveB

If Fernandes walked tomorrow and sold up then we'd still have this hanging over us

Not sure you as a shareholder can just walk away. Maybe put into administration but normally sell to someone else. The value of course would factor in the fine.
FFP decision in - not good on 21:34 - Oct 24 with 2752 viewsVancouverHoop

FFP decision in - not good on 18:38 - Oct 24 by francisbowles

Just had a quick google and both the Mail and Express have previously reported that the arbitration would be binding. Also mentioned that the panel was three QCs.

I imagine they will examine the written verdict and then decide their next course of action.

Presumably the decision as to culpability is binding (In other words we are guilty, the FL isn't.) The appeal will, I guess, be about, our "sentence." What kind, how much etc.
FFP decision in - not good on 21:42 - Oct 24 with 2698 viewsSnipper

I really really hate football at the moment.

I've slowly been disliking what it's become the last few years, but I sadly hate it now.
FFP decision in - not on 21:58 - Oct 24 with 2589 viewsdaveB

That is very true, I do agree the rules are very flawed and have been changed since to reflect that. I don't agree with FFP at all but sadly we voted in favour of this to start with so it's too late to say they are wrong now
FFP decision in - not on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 2578 viewsdaveB

FFP decision in - not on 21:32 - Oct 24 by connell10

Nor is paying 40-60 million mate that would bankrupt the club!!!

it could potentially bankrupt us although the easy answer would be to not spend money the club didn't have to get promoted which we obviously can't change now
FFP decision in - not good on 22:04 - Oct 24 with 2540 viewsdavman

Yes, it all sounds unfair and disproportionate, but there are just THREE clubs - us, Bournemouth and Leicester who are being pursued. Basically, as everyone else has apparently met the rules, whatever they were, this is our owners doing.

Bottom line from me is that a double demotion and a restriction to balance the books for a couple of seasons would be a fairer punishment. We cannot pay that fine without entering into a spiral of FFP failure and I am sure Forest and Blackburn would see league two football as fair punishment. As I see it, the alternative is a slow spiral of underperforming teams leading to double relegation or worse over the next 4-5 season's.

Surely, an uncompetitive team is damaging to any FL competition?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024