Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evil Les leaving? 13:37 - Sep 26 with 7296 viewsconnell10

Possibly for a job with the F.A.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Evil Les leaving? on 18:20 - Sep 26 with 3148 viewsNorthernr

Evil Les leaving? on 17:21 - Sep 26 by robith

Beyond the fact that successful small clubs are increasingly run using this format, in what world would the success of a business, including near enough all hiring and firing, strategy and direction be left in the hands of a single person?

Especially the person who will be there the least amount of time and have the most short term approach. It’s barmy, and what’s more barmy is it almost destroyed us once already and no ppl want to give it another go! With Steve McClaren!!
Evil Les leaving? on 19:08 - Sep 26 with 3060 viewsCiderwithRsie

Les Ferdinand is my last hope for the team being run in a halfway sensible way, if he goes I may have to just look the other way for a year or two,.
Evil Les leaving? on 20:21 - Sep 26 with 2962 viewsdaveB

Evil Les leaving? on 14:41 - Sep 26 by stevec

Well for the last 4 managers we've blamed them for their apparent failings whilst in the back of our minds I suspect most of us were also wondering whether it was really their fault or down to what was going on above them.

Right or wrong, I believe you need a manager with direct responsibility for the team he puts together. Give the man a budget and tell him what he says goes. A la Warnock in the promotion season.

After 4 years I'm still in a fog as to actually what Les does or is accountable for.

last few managers have had responsibility for what happens though. They have all signed players they wanted and played the way they wanted. No one has stopped them doing anything that is within the clubs budget. Holloway made some good and bad signings but all players he wanted, same with JFH and now McClaren.

Why managers want total control is so they ca just ignore the budget and leave someone else to worry about the clubs future
Evil Les leaving? on 20:29 - Sep 26 with 2945 viewsdaveB

Evil Les leaving? on 14:42 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave,

I've been away for a fortnight or so. Have I missed something re Warnock?

No nothing has happend, i just think McClaren will go around November and the way Cardiff have started Warnock will be out of work by then so wouldn't be shocked if he came back. Mate of mine called it the day day Cardiff got promoted that Warnock would be manager by Xmas and that was before Holloway went
Evil Les leaving? on 20:34 - Sep 26 with 2928 viewsBostonR

Evil Les leaving? on 18:20 - Sep 26 by Northernr

Especially the person who will be there the least amount of time and have the most short term approach. It’s barmy, and what’s more barmy is it almost destroyed us once already and no ppl want to give it another go! With Steve McClaren!!

Blimey, I cannot believe that people fail to see the obvious argument you are making. Les and Lee have steadied the ship for now and as you say the next 12-36 months will make or break the club.
Whilst I do not have a ST this year, I still go to games and I would like my beloved club to be around for a few years yet. Who knows, in time we might find a team and have a run like the 75/76 season. It's the hope that kills you.
Evil Les leaving? on 21:12 - Sep 26 with 2862 viewsPunteR

Evil Les leaving? on 14:59 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

stevec's response to the realities of FFP is basically to ignore it and say we should sign all our players from our league or the premier league, unfortunately.
Les has overseen huge changes in how the club is run - just have a look at how many players are coming from the youth sides now compared to when he came before.
he's put a scouting structure in place.
He's presided over, with Hoos, halving the playing staff wages budget, and then doing so again, without relegation (yet!). Ask other clubs who came out of the Prem how easy that is.
Have all our signings been great? No. But at the same time those bad signings are not costing us £40k+ a week anymore. Every single club makes poor signings and signings that don't work. Even Warnock spent £1m on Hulse and was then allowed to go out and get Ishmael Miller because Hulse wasn't up to it.
And that's before you even start to talk about the work he's done turning the club back into a Community club.
Frankly Les has done a phenomenal job and it baffles me why people are so hostile towards him. I have some suspicions why some are so hostile, mind, and it ain't because he grew up a Spurs fan.
Wouldn't be shocked to see the FA go for him, especially if Les feels he's being elbowed aside by McClaren, who may well end up being an inferior manager to the one we had last year. And that could mean we lose Ramsey too. Worrying times.

He's done a decent job under the circumstances but i wouldn't say he's been phenomenal. Just my opinion. Not easy working for completely inept owners though.
I want him to stay. He understands the club and i think genuinely cares for our long term future.
Its so frustrating following QPR. Just when we seem to have some sort of plan or direction we just make another needless u-turn or just try a shortcut.
I did wonder how long it would be before LF moves on especially now working for a new chairman. He's been undermined so many times before i'm surprised this hasn't come sooner. I wonder how long Hoos will stay for?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Evil Les leaving? on 21:21 - Sep 26 with 2844 viewspaulparker

If we get 25 million for Eze then that alone justifies the 4 years les has been DOF
What with the disrespectful way Olly was sacked in the summer and the way les is being treated if he were to leave I would have to say this would be me done with Rangers ,
I know the last few years hasn’t been pretty but you could see light st the end of the tunnel with some of the young players
I have no clue what we are anymore or what we are trying to achieve

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Evil Les leaving? on 21:35 - Sep 26 with 2822 viewsPunteR

Evil Les leaving? on 21:21 - Sep 26 by paulparker

If we get 25 million for Eze then that alone justifies the 4 years les has been DOF
What with the disrespectful way Olly was sacked in the summer and the way les is being treated if he were to leave I would have to say this would be me done with Rangers ,
I know the last few years hasn’t been pretty but you could see light st the end of the tunnel with some of the young players

Yeh mate same here. Im completely disillusioned with the club at the moment. I've tried writing stuff on here on various threads about SM, the club , the direction were going blah blah blah.. but i just end up not posting it. Im bored of it all.
Ever decreasing circles .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Evil Les leaving? on 23:25 - Sep 26 with 2743 viewsLoftgirl

Evil Les leaving? on 16:02 - Sep 26 by Harbour

Bloody hope not Les alongside with Hoos has done a great job. Hope Les stays as we have big challenges ahead loss of parachute money FFP fine a constant struggle to stay in the league dropping attendances we need people like Les who know the club in what will be a difficult time ahead. The philosophy of blooding the youngsters developing players and selling on will be critical. Not too mention ensuring we do not repeat the mistakes of the past ala HR MH etc.plus keeping MacLaine in check.

MacLaine? Shirley not.
Evil Les leaving? on 06:00 - Sep 27 with 2632 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Paul,
No offence but based on our previous transfer deals can't see how we ever would get more than a couple of million for Eze.
Of course I hope I am proved wrong.
Cheers,
James
Evil Les leaving? on 08:53 - Sep 27 with 2509 viewsR_from_afar

I was upset that Holloway was sacked and I think Les does a vital job and want him to stay but there is a scenario whereby Les leaves just because he wants to, not because he has been mistreated.

McClaren's arrival has definitely muddied the waters when it comes to our plan to develop lower league players and our own younger players. It might be worth the club publishing a new interview in which Les lays out the plan.

We should remember, though, that Holloway gave a lot of game time to CW, who was neither young nor, towards the end, effective, in spite of all the effort he put in.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Evil Les leaving? on 08:59 - Sep 27 with 2506 viewsgoldcoasthoop

Evil Les leaving? on 14:56 - Sep 26 by paulparker

Les is already losing power the last 2 appointments were not his choices and the list of players scouted by him and penrice were turned down by mcclown
I dont blame the bloke for going to partures new I would if that idiot fernades kept going over my head and messing up the good work done in the last 4 years
This club really does lurch from one disaster to the next , I think if les goes that’s me done until TF and friends sell up

Who would buy our club?
Evil Les leaving? on 16:01 - Sep 27 with 2411 viewspeejaybee

Evil Les leaving? on 08:59 - Sep 27 by goldcoasthoop

Who would buy our club?

Shake Your Money.!!!!!

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Evil Les leaving? on 10:21 - Sep 28 with 2228 viewsBlue_Castello

Evil Les leaving? on 08:53 - Sep 27 by R_from_afar

I was upset that Holloway was sacked and I think Les does a vital job and want him to stay but there is a scenario whereby Les leaves just because he wants to, not because he has been mistreated.

McClaren's arrival has definitely muddied the waters when it comes to our plan to develop lower league players and our own younger players. It might be worth the club publishing a new interview in which Les lays out the plan.

We should remember, though, that Holloway gave a lot of game time to CW, who was neither young nor, towards the end, effective, in spite of all the effort he put in.

RFA

Sacking Holloway after what I genuinely considered to be a successful season, with the players he had available and then replacing him with McLaren was not the smartest of moves. Ollie had one more year on his contract and deserved that chance to see if he could improve on last year, Mcclown has been given two good Championship strikers who are bordering on Premiership class, what Ollie would have given for Wells and Hemed last year, a different class to Washington, Smith and Sylla.

Les has done a fantastic job since he arrived obviously working very closely with Lee Hoos and has stabilised the finances, it's been a long hard road shipping the deadweight off the books, last year saw the last of the high earners depart, obviously the chief and Robinson were the exception but we just couldn't afford to offer them Premiership wages.
The thought of Les leaving while McLaren is in charge fills me with dread, as you can tell I'm not a fan of McLaren and have yet to meet an Rs fan who actually rates the man. The story of Paul Smyths mum may be total bow lacks but my guess is there's some truth in the story and that really annoys me. If it's true McLaren should be ashamed of himself he picked that shambles of a team expecting them to turn over a Blackpool side who have good form at home, what was he expecting when the players haven't played together before.Going in after the defeat he then goes in and verbally abuses all the players that is something Warnock has done plenty of times in the past but I'm sure not when he's put a second string team out in the hope of getting a win.

Now obviously McLaren needs to retain authority but surely he needs to know when and how to deliver certain comments, my main concern is for players like BOS, Smyth and Kakay who are bordering on the first team that defeat is not their fault and you need to blame the Manager first.
People have said continually McLaren is a great coach but not a Manager and he's proving that statement all the time, I know Les may leave at some stage for hopefully a better job but I just hope it's not while McLaren is still at the club.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 10:26]
Evil Les leaving? on 11:46 - Sep 28 with 2124 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While we can seek to apportion blame on the likes of Hughes, Redknapp, SWP, JFH, FFP, JET and so on, each and every problem at QPR emanates from the boardroom.

The series of crooks, clowns and charlatans have individually and collectively contrived to make catastrophic decisions one after the other. Frankly,I wouldn’t trust half of them to run abath properly. There is so little common sense displayed at times it’s frightening.

And here we are debating among other things: what a clown McLaren is; questioning the whereabouts of ‘the plan’; and whether Les should stay/go. I could see the merits for changing Ollie, but for McLaren? You cannot make this shit up, you really can’t!

Right now, it’s all about Bhatia. He’s a sensible lad but if he can’t get a handle on what’s going on at the Big Top, then we’re done for!

That lump from Kuala Lumpur has a lot to answer for; absolute prize cock of a man....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Evil Les leaving? on 11:51 - Sep 28 with 2105 viewsMick_S

Evil Les leaving? on 11:46 - Sep 28 by PlanetHonneywood

While we can seek to apportion blame on the likes of Hughes, Redknapp, SWP, JFH, FFP, JET and so on, each and every problem at QPR emanates from the boardroom.

The series of crooks, clowns and charlatans have individually and collectively contrived to make catastrophic decisions one after the other. Frankly,I wouldn’t trust half of them to run abath properly. There is so little common sense displayed at times it’s frightening.

And here we are debating among other things: what a clown McLaren is; questioning the whereabouts of ‘the plan’; and whether Les should stay/go. I could see the merits for changing Ollie, but for McLaren? You cannot make this shit up, you really can’t!

Right now, it’s all about Bhatia. He’s a sensible lad but if he can’t get a handle on what’s going on at the Big Top, then we’re done for!

That lump from Kuala Lumpur has a lot to answer for; absolute prize cock of a man....

For sure.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Evil Les leaving? on 14:12 - Sep 28 with 1950 viewsR_from_afar

Evil Les leaving? on 10:21 - Sep 28 by Blue_Castello

Sacking Holloway after what I genuinely considered to be a successful season, with the players he had available and then replacing him with McLaren was not the smartest of moves. Ollie had one more year on his contract and deserved that chance to see if he could improve on last year, Mcclown has been given two good Championship strikers who are bordering on Premiership class, what Ollie would have given for Wells and Hemed last year, a different class to Washington, Smith and Sylla.

Les has done a fantastic job since he arrived obviously working very closely with Lee Hoos and has stabilised the finances, it's been a long hard road shipping the deadweight off the books, last year saw the last of the high earners depart, obviously the chief and Robinson were the exception but we just couldn't afford to offer them Premiership wages.
The thought of Les leaving while McLaren is in charge fills me with dread, as you can tell I'm not a fan of McLaren and have yet to meet an Rs fan who actually rates the man. The story of Paul Smyths mum may be total bow lacks but my guess is there's some truth in the story and that really annoys me. If it's true McLaren should be ashamed of himself he picked that shambles of a team expecting them to turn over a Blackpool side who have good form at home, what was he expecting when the players haven't played together before.Going in after the defeat he then goes in and verbally abuses all the players that is something Warnock has done plenty of times in the past but I'm sure not when he's put a second string team out in the hope of getting a win.

Now obviously McLaren needs to retain authority but surely he needs to know when and how to deliver certain comments, my main concern is for players like BOS, Smyth and Kakay who are bordering on the first team that defeat is not their fault and you need to blame the Manager first.
People have said continually McLaren is a great coach but not a Manager and he's proving that statement all the time, I know Les may leave at some stage for hopefully a better job but I just hope it's not while McLaren is still at the club.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 10:26]

I agree with most of what you say but:
- We really don't know what was said between Ollie and the board in the run up to his departure. Ollie's outlook on life in general seemed to change, understandably, after that bereavement and his priorities and plans may have too, especially if he was being asked to mount a promotion charge in spite of seeing the budget reduced and senior defenders leaving. I don't doubt that he was sacked but I suspect he was not 100% keen to stay. Who knows.
- Ollie also picked his fair share of "shambles of teams"
- It's not fair to say "he's proving that statement all the time". It isn't all the time.
- We need to beware of reading to much into comments the mum of an out of favour player is saying the manager made. It's dangerous to assume they are accurate and build lots of arguments on them. Remember, Ollie threw the players under the bus publicly. He even had a pop at the fans, but...I wish he were still here.

Let's hope Steve now demonstrates the right attitude towards the players, whatever their age, and gets us back on track.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Evil Les leaving? on 13:21 - Oct 18 with 1712 viewsR_from_afar

I was wondering where things have got to with this. Well, the job ad is now out there and they are accepting applications until 23rd October, Sky says:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11522038/fa-begin-search-to-replac

RFA

Evil Les leaving? on 13:33 - Oct 18 with 1672 viewsSimonJames

Evil Les leaving? on 13:21 - Oct 18 by R_from_afar

I was wondering where things have got to with this. Well, the job ad is now out there and they are accepting applications until 23rd October, Sky says:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11522038/fa-begin-search-to-replac

RFA

There's no way they'd appoint Les, so what are you actually wondering about?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Evil Les leaving? on 14:41 - Oct 18 with 1518 viewsR_from_afar

Evil Les leaving? on 13:33 - Oct 18 by SimonJames

There's no way they'd appoint Les, so what are you actually wondering about?

We can't be certain they wouldn't, and I don't want him to go. Voila pourquoi.

RFA

Evil Les leaving? on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 1509 viewscaliforniahoop

Evil Les leaving? on 14:41 - Oct 18 by R_from_afar

RFA

Agreed, LF is doing a great job at QPR, has he made mistakes, yes, but overall, the club is in a far better state now than when he came in, so for me that’s the ultimate barometer.
Evil Les leaving? on 17:31 - Oct 18 with 1378 viewsSimonJames

Evil Les leaving? on 14:41 - Oct 18 by R_from_afar

RFA

Nothing is certain (except death and taxes), but what exactly would he put on his cv that meets (and exceeds) the criteria on the job spec?

https://jobs.thefa.com/jobs_apply/vacancies/1624/technical_director/

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024