Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey Tickets Cancelled 21:12 - Jan 23 with 5822 viewsgr1

See email from Pompey below - They are obviously doing there homework.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been running some background checks on new supporters who have been purchasing tickets for the game on Saturday against QPR. We have cross referenced them with the QPR ticket office and can see that you have purchased tickets with QPR before.

On this basis, we will be refunding the amount of the tickets back onto the card you paid with. We strongly advise that you do not travel on the day of the game as we have deactivated the tickets you have in your possession, and they will not work on the turnstile. You should see the refund go back into your account within the next 2 — 3 working days.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 22:34 - Jan 23 with 4567 viewsthame_hoops

That’s clever !

I hate sitting in the home end and I’d rather not go, you can’t enjoy it properly anyway
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 23:18 - Jan 23 with 4492 viewsaston_hoop

Good news for those who don't have tickets, some have come up in the home end now. Just get someone else to buy them for you ;)

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 01:30 - Jan 24 with 4383 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Robith has been grassing I reckon!
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 08:20 - Jan 24 with 4172 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The last time I sat in a home end was the 0-6 drubbing at Fulham.
It was horrible. I left at 4-0 and they had to open the gate for us. The bloke on the gate couldn't understand why we were leaving earlier until we told him we weren't Fulham fans. He just looked sorry for us!
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 08:56 - Jan 24 with 4066 viewsMrSheen

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 08:20 - Jan 24 by CroydonCaptJack

The last time I sat in a home end was the 0-6 drubbing at Fulham.
It was horrible. I left at 4-0 and they had to open the gate for us. The bloke on the gate couldn't understand why we were leaving earlier until we told him we weren't Fulham fans. He just looked sorry for us!

Me and Master Sheen were in the Riverside by the benches. I would have stayed, but he was so furious we had to leave at half time when it was still 3-0 (after brief homage at the MJ statue, so our day wasn't completely wasted). I can't believe we didn't see Adel on the way home. Apologies to the board member who bought my original away end ticket.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 11:42 - Jan 24 with 3826 viewsrobith

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 01:30 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Robith has been grassing I reckon!

How dare you!

I'm a lot of things, but I ain't no snitch
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:03 - Jan 24 with 3761 viewsRblockPrior

I have only ever sat in the away end once and that was at Upton park, all was well until I went and got a drink at half time got some cash out and someone saw my QPR keyring, safe to say I wasn't in there much longer after that

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:08 - Jan 24 with 3739 viewsJuzzie

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 22:34 - Jan 23 by thame_hoops

That’s clever !

I hate sitting in the home end and I’d rather not go, you can’t enjoy it properly anyway

I've sat in the home ends whilst watching QPR away at;

Arsenal (lost 3-0)
Chelsea (drew 1-1)
West Ham (twice, lost one and the other was 2-2 with that famous Clive Allen goal)
Man Utd (lost, 2-1 I think)
Spurs (drew 0-0)
Leeds (FA Cup circa '87, lost 2-1)
Charlton (drew 1-1)

Probably a few others.

Hated each and every one and not just because we didn't win any.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 13:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:16 - Jan 24 with 3706 viewsToast_R

I've done a few times

Wimbledon - Plough Lane my first ever QPR match - we lost 3-0

Blackburn Rovers - we won 2-0 and I could hardly contain myself especially when Gallen got the second late on to seal the deal.

Arsenal middle tier so not exactly feisty- we lost 0-1 when The Cameroon tw@t got himself sent off and Arsenal scored an offside goal late on. Took the p*ss.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:32 - Jan 24 with 3637 viewsaston_hoop

I was in the home end for the Wycombe game under Holloway, that day that the wind was the best player on the pitch. Then again, I think there were more Rs than Wycombe where I was sitting!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 3545 viewsGalileo

Been in the home ends a few times, mainly around London at W.Ham, Chelsea and Spurs.
Further afield Notts County and more interestingly Oldham during the Play off semi final which was a very difficult 90 minutes to contain oneself.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 3519 viewsR_from_afar

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:32 - Jan 24 by aston_hoop

I was in the home end for the Wycombe game under Holloway, that day that the wind was the best player on the pitch. Then again, I think there were more Rs than Wycombe where I was sitting!

I was at that one, sat in the long stand on the northern side of the ground, where the tunnel is. That game was incredible, you are spot on about the wind and about the fans, there were loads of undercover Rs fans.

One of the sides - Wycombe, I think - took a shot from the centre circle with the second touch after they kicked off. I remember seeing pigeons struggling to fly into the wind.

I have also been in with the home fans when we played at Ninian Park, Bournemouth and Northampton, amongst other games. During the game against Northampton, my mate was the only person in the whole stand to cheer when we scored. He stood up, flung his arms out wide and roared "Yes!". Not to be recommended, although we got away with it.

Oh, and I remember leaving our away match at Portman Road (where we had been with the away fans) and my mate saying to me: "Make sure you zip up your jacket so they can't see your QPR top". I replied: "Errr, OK, but are you going to take off your QPR baseball cap?"

RFA

PS: Portsmouth are pretty thorough, aren't they!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 3496 viewsCroydonCaptJack

In the late 70s and early 80s it was the safest thing to do. The home fans would wait for away fans at the notorious grounds.
I have been in the home end at West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea (when Tommy Langley scored for us and gave it to the Shed) and Spurs back then.

My favourite was at Old Trafford though, on that famous New Years Day watching us smash them courtesy of Pastor Bailey. I have never been back as it can't be topped.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 3406 viewsBlackCrowe

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 13:05 - Jan 24 by R_from_afar

I was at that one, sat in the long stand on the northern side of the ground, where the tunnel is. That game was incredible, you are spot on about the wind and about the fans, there were loads of undercover Rs fans.

One of the sides - Wycombe, I think - took a shot from the centre circle with the second touch after they kicked off. I remember seeing pigeons struggling to fly into the wind.

I have also been in with the home fans when we played at Ninian Park, Bournemouth and Northampton, amongst other games. During the game against Northampton, my mate was the only person in the whole stand to cheer when we scored. He stood up, flung his arms out wide and roared "Yes!". Not to be recommended, although we got away with it.

Oh, and I remember leaving our away match at Portman Road (where we had been with the away fans) and my mate saying to me: "Make sure you zip up your jacket so they can't see your QPR top". I replied: "Errr, OK, but are you going to take off your QPR baseball cap?"

RFA

PS: Portsmouth are pretty thorough, aren't they!

I was in with Pompey the last time we played there. When Tommy Smith scored the last minute penalty equaliser, i managed a muffled squeak, unheard. Agony and never again.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 14:29 - Jan 24 with 3274 viewswillis1980

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 13:26 - Jan 24 by BlackCrowe

I was in with Pompey the last time we played there. When Tommy Smith scored the last minute penalty equaliser, i managed a muffled squeak, unheard. Agony and never again.

ive had mine cancelled too, i wish rangers were this proactive. Ive seen them allowing people in the away teams top in the home end and theyve been allowed to stay once it was pointed out ot the stewards.

ive done newcastle, upton park, arsenal, fulham and selhurst in the home ends and its not much fun tbh
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 15:54 - Jan 24 with 3111 viewsstowmarketrange

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:03 - Jan 24 by RblockPrior

I have only ever sat in the away end once and that was at Upton park, all was well until I went and got a drink at half time got some cash out and someone saw my QPR keyring, safe to say I wasn't in there much longer after that

I went into the chicken run for the league cup game in October 76 for my first away game and that was pretty lively,especially after I shouted out “send him off” to Frank Lampard snr after he’d clattered into Dave Thomas right in front of us.
Lucky they just told me shut up and left me alone.We did win 2-0 though and I didn’t stay until the final whistle.
I’ve stood on the shed numerous times with my scum mate,including the 1-1 when speedie went in goal,and the milk cup in 86,although we had to leave on 90 to get to work at Waterloo.He didn’t even have a radio in his car so I didn’t know the result until afterwards.
I also sat in the home stands at Sheffield Wednesday for our usual defeat there in the 90’s.
My brother was in behind the goal at Southampton when Ray Jones nicked the ball from kelvin Davies to score the winner.He tried very hard to control himself though and went to the bigs to stifle a titter.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:01 - Jan 24 with 3093 viewsKonk

We bought tickets for the Europa League final at Man City, and it ended up being Rangers v Zenit. I thought about not going because I knew how horrible Manchester would be with that manky mob in town, but being sat in amongst Rangers, with people crying like babies...I got immense enjoyment from that. Being in with opposition fans when things aren’t going well for them is very enjoyable in its own way.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 3077 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:01 - Jan 24 by Konk

We bought tickets for the Europa League final at Man City, and it ended up being Rangers v Zenit. I thought about not going because I knew how horrible Manchester would be with that manky mob in town, but being sat in amongst Rangers, with people crying like babies...I got immense enjoyment from that. Being in with opposition fans when things aren’t going well for them is very enjoyable in its own way.

Yes, at that Old Trafford game I mentioned earlier the Mancs around me were going beserk. I think they were unbeaten at home and had only conceded a couple of goals at home before that day. The Manc who took me in asked if we could go with about ten minutes left and I happily agreed!
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:14 - Jan 24 with 3058 viewsKonk

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:07 - Jan 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, at that Old Trafford game I mentioned earlier the Mancs around me were going beserk. I think they were unbeaten at home and had only conceded a couple of goals at home before that day. The Manc who took me in asked if we could go with about ten minutes left and I happily agreed!

You’d obviously rather be in with your own fans, but I still chuckle thinking about the bloke next to me sobbing away as the clock ran down. As the son of a Hibby, it made me very, very happy and despite everything else around the game being predictably depressing, witnessing their unhappiness and how shi t they were at coping with a bit of disappointment at first hand was magic. Good times.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 17:52 - Jan 24 with 2887 viewsPinnerPaul

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 16:14 - Jan 24 by Konk

You’d obviously rather be in with your own fans, but I still chuckle thinking about the bloke next to me sobbing away as the clock ran down. As the son of a Hibby, it made me very, very happy and despite everything else around the game being predictably depressing, witnessing their unhappiness and how shi t they were at coping with a bit of disappointment at first hand was magic. Good times.

Similar to our (rare) wins in the PL - good to see several Arsenal and Tottenham fans sneak out of Ellerslie before the end.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 18:05 - Jan 24 with 2857 viewsGloryHunter

Supposing you were a genuine "neutral" supporter, who hadpreviously bought tickets to attend various London / Southern teams? It does happen - I know a German guy who comes over with his son and attends whichever games are on that weekend.

Also agree that QPR need to act in kind, especially should we ever reach the promised land again. I recall the Upper Loft fairly heaving with Scousers wearing colours. Although it's possible they had bought seats from treacherous Rs members.
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 18:56 - Jan 24 with 2761 viewspaulparker

Done a few in the away end

Arsenal in 88 when falco scored around 10 of us jumped up and celebrated ( we lost 2-1 that was the Adams donkey one )

Spurs in 91 it was 0-0 I was behind the goal I think we hit the post twice

Spurs 92 we lost 2-0 and had to politely clap the goals we gave ourselves away when iorfa went clean through but managed to boot it so far over the bar that it’s still probably travelling now , the cries of you useless kunt got us a few funny stares

Fulham in 99 - we were everywhere that day I was behind the goal when a few fisticuffs broke out and I copped a friendly fire punch off one of our own

Wycombe 02 a really hot bank holiday in August saw us put In the home ends “ there’s only one sweaty pussy” we sang to Jude the cat

Northampton 02 or 01 it took us 40 minutes to get in as they had one dozy mate on the turnstile An utter shambles and then the fine folk of Northants had to give up their seats for us oh and we played Sh1t and lost

Brentford in 03 and the Bircham last minute winner , there were loads of us all over the ground they knew we were Rangers but couldn’t do a lot about It

Fulham in a couple of seasons back when Ramsey was manager I went with a couple of Fulham mates not a good evening at all

Arsenal in 2011 we lost 1-0 when SWP gave the ball away and Walcott scored I was going ape whichbagain gave the game away

Watford promotion season got a work colleagues season ticket I had to be there and Watford were mid table so he didn’t give a monkeys , plenty of Rangers all around the ground when smith clinched it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 19:28 - Jan 24 with 2700 viewssmegma

A lot of people didn't help themselves by posting on Facebook 'me and 3 mates are in the home end' etc and using their real names !!!
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 20:10 - Jan 24 with 2603 viewsdezzar

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 12:08 - Jan 24 by Juzzie

I've sat in the home ends whilst watching QPR away at;

Arsenal (lost 3-0)
Chelsea (drew 1-1)
West Ham (twice, lost one and the other was 2-2 with that famous Clive Allen goal)
Man Utd (lost, 2-1 I think)
Spurs (drew 0-0)
Leeds (FA Cup circa '87, lost 2-1)
Charlton (drew 1-1)

Probably a few others.

Hated each and every one and not just because we didn't win any.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 13:17]

respect for being in the home end at Elland Rd 1987, it was scary enough in our end
Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 20:35 - Jan 24 with 2544 viewsJuzzie

Pompey Tickets Cancelled on 20:10 - Jan 24 by dezzar

respect for being in the home end at Elland Rd 1987, it was scary enough in our end

It was a bizarre day all around. I went up with my brother by National Express coach from Victoria and there were more Leeds than R’s on it.
Met up in Leeds with a work friend who was a proper London tough guy (mid 50’s) you wouldn’t mess with. He blagged us into a working mans club for a couple of beers.
Then onto the ground. I got pair of free tickets from a company supplier who was a Leeds fan but they were in the west stand so we had to sit in silence especially when we equalised. A bloke in a wheelchair at the bottom of the stand had to be restained as he wanted to get at the QPR fans on the other side of the pitch.
For both Leeds goals we stood up and ‘applauded’. No way could we risk staying sitting down.
After the game we got to go to the players lounge and got a few autographs (something i never do but just felt I had to) and by god Seaman was massive!

Coach on the way home still full of Leeds so we just sat there not wanting to attract attention.

Found out the next home game one of the terrace friends who stood by us in the Loft had hired a mini bus and some berk left a QPR flag on one of the seats. When they got back all the windows were smashed in and it took them something like 9 hours to get home as tney couldn’t do more than about 30mph as it was freezing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024