Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27575 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:10 - Mar 14 with 2713 viewspaulparker

Get rid now , the bloke didn’t have a clue when Newcastle were hurtling towards relegation in how to stop it ( he actually) said so himself) this despite spun king 80 million , he doesn’t have a clue now either , let’s wake the place up and have a go at teams I’d have Gallen& Birch till the end of the season like we had for one game at WBA at least we may seem some passion at the moment we are sleep walking into keague 1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:12 - Mar 14 with 2706 viewsactonman

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:47 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

Dave, that could happen, but if he comes - and I am not saying "McLaren out" yet - I am petrified that our sense of entitlement, impatience and pent-up frustration born of our steady decline since May 2015 will mean we do what we always do and expect a miraculous transformation in half a season or less. That's against a background of Ainsworth having built something strong at Wycombe over the course of six and a half years.

All of you, stop for a minute and think about that: six and a half years.

We expect a massive improvement after six and a half months.

If Ainsworth came here, it would only be a matter of months before the knives came out and some our fans were starting to come up with insulting nicknames for one of my heroes.

McLaren is not solely to blame for our slump since the turn of the year. We have failed to get anything out of a number of games in which we played well - that's just how it goes - the players have let us down on the effort and concentration front in four or five games this year, FFP had hamstrung us, and our poor results have undermined our confidence.

* Edit * I forgot the impact of injuries on some key players, although...all teams have to cope with such things.

Yesterday's loss could be the wake-up call the players and coaches need. We are not too good to go down. Losing to a team which is hopeless away should - should - put a rocket under one and all. Let's see.

We all need to get behind the team and roar them on. It makes a difference, and it makes going to the games more enjoyable. COYRsss.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:55]

I was hoping the rocket came after losing 3 - 0 to local rivals in gutless fashion but no we followed that up by p!ssing about at home for 90 mins against 10 men .

Maybe the rocket should have been set in motion last night
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 2641 viewsdaveB

Are knives out for McClaren though, fans have been very patient with him, not heard calls for him to go at games, even under JFH and Holloway very little in the stadium of fans screaming for change mostly just people on twitter and message boards

I think he should be sacked instantly and am amazed he hasn't gone yet
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:53 - Mar 14 with 2605 viewsnix

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:47 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

Dave, that could happen, but if he comes - and I am not saying "McLaren out" yet - I am petrified that our sense of entitlement, impatience and pent-up frustration born of our steady decline since May 2015 will mean we do what we always do and expect a miraculous transformation in half a season or less. That's against a background of Ainsworth having built something strong at Wycombe over the course of six and a half years.

All of you, stop for a minute and think about that: six and a half years.

We expect a massive improvement after six and a half months.

If Ainsworth came here, it would only be a matter of months before the knives came out and some our fans were starting to come up with insulting nicknames for one of my heroes.

McLaren is not solely to blame for our slump since the turn of the year. We have failed to get anything out of a number of games in which we played well - that's just how it goes - the players have let us down on the effort and concentration front in four or five games this year, FFP had hamstrung us, and our poor results have undermined our confidence.

* Edit * I forgot the impact of injuries on some key players, although...all teams have to cope with such things.

Yesterday's loss could be the wake-up call the players and coaches need. We are not too good to go down. Losing to a team which is hopeless away should - should - put a rocket under one and all. Let's see.

We all need to get behind the team and roar them on. It makes a difference, and it makes going to the games more enjoyable. COYRsss.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:55]

I'm not one of those that thinks we should be in the play offs or the Premier. Actually I was pleased at the end of last season that we seemed to be focusing on team spirit and getting the dressing room right and bringing youngsters back in and I was happy to be patient. But I'm not happy now because our young players look frightened to play and the team spirit has gone down the toilet. They're shouting at each other on the pitch, presumably because there's no set plan so they're making it up as they go along.

He just doesn't seem to know how to turn things around, even by inspiring the players to just go out there and relax.

I'd love to get behind the team but it's hard at the moment because they're so negative. And for that I blame the manager either for his tactics or his inability to rouse the team.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:26 - Mar 14 with 2516 viewsTheChef

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:53 - Mar 14 by nix

I'm not one of those that thinks we should be in the play offs or the Premier. Actually I was pleased at the end of last season that we seemed to be focusing on team spirit and getting the dressing room right and bringing youngsters back in and I was happy to be patient. But I'm not happy now because our young players look frightened to play and the team spirit has gone down the toilet. They're shouting at each other on the pitch, presumably because there's no set plan so they're making it up as they go along.

He just doesn't seem to know how to turn things around, even by inspiring the players to just go out there and relax.

I'd love to get behind the team but it's hard at the moment because they're so negative. And for that I blame the manager either for his tactics or his inability to rouse the team.

Are they shouting at each other? In a blaming way, or trying to gee each other up?

I wasn't there last night so what was the players' body language like? When we got the equaliser there looked like a determination to grab the ball and push for the win.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 2395 views2Thomas2Bowles

International break Mar 18-26
Lose Saturday sack him to give someone some time to work with the players.

or just do it now as a loss looks certain.

I'd sack him now, unsurprisingly.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 2405 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 2405 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 2401 viewsR_from_afar

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 2401 viewsR_from_afar

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 14 with 2393 viewsR_from_afar

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 14 with 2393 viewsR_from_afar

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 14 with 2378 views2Thomas2Bowles

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

Spit it out

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:23 - Mar 14 with 2387 viewsR_from_afar

If they are frightened to play, part of the reason might be us fans. There are times when we can be, let's say, less than forgiving and rather impatient, and not slow to vent our frustrations verbally.

I didn't see all the game but I did see moments when BOS was sublime and freely expressing himself.

I agree that the manager needs to be able to "rouse the team" but the players need to take responsibility too. They have all had enough coaching and played enough football over the years to know that you can't just turn up and expect to win.

We are in a bad place at the moment but we need to understand that even with everyone fit and in form, we are an upper mid-table team *at best* and we need to stop acting as if it is only McLaren which is holidng us back at the moment. The squad is thin and short of goals, as it has been since Charlie left.

Granted, McLaren needs to up his game but so do the players. What was Furlong doing hacking that Rotherham player down at the end there?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:16 - Mar 14 with 2256 viewsTheChef

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:23 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

If they are frightened to play, part of the reason might be us fans. There are times when we can be, let's say, less than forgiving and rather impatient, and not slow to vent our frustrations verbally.

I didn't see all the game but I did see moments when BOS was sublime and freely expressing himself.

I agree that the manager needs to be able to "rouse the team" but the players need to take responsibility too. They have all had enough coaching and played enough football over the years to know that you can't just turn up and expect to win.

We are in a bad place at the moment but we need to understand that even with everyone fit and in form, we are an upper mid-table team *at best* and we need to stop acting as if it is only McLaren which is holidng us back at the moment. The squad is thin and short of goals, as it has been since Charlie left.

Granted, McLaren needs to up his game but so do the players. What was Furlong doing hacking that Rotherham player down at the end there?

They didn't show it on the highlights but I'm assuming that Furlong foul was needless?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:26 - Mar 14 with 2224 viewsdaveB

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:16 - Mar 14 by TheChef

They didn't show it on the highlights but I'm assuming that Furlong foul was needless?

yeah was a really stupid foul
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:47 - Mar 14 with 2148 viewsNortholt_Rs

100%. It was imbecilic.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:10 - Mar 14 with 2071 viewsTacticalR

You can see it on the extended highlights, about 8:50 in:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qpr-1-rotherham-united-2/

Air hostess clique

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:41 - Mar 14 with 1922 viewsLblock

Most cling on for dear life hoovering the money

Others do a Paul Scholes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:27 - Mar 14 with 1856 viewsloftboy

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:41 - Mar 14 by Lblock

Most cling on for dear life hoovering the money

Others do a Paul Scholes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47570578

Don’t last long did he

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 05:21 - Mar 15 with 1718 viewstimcocking

I don't blame McCLaren, i didn't blame Jimmy Floyd, i didn't blame Chris Ramsey.

We're in this mess because we keep changing our managers and can't afford players who aren't mediocre.

If you'd have asked me 12 games ago, i'd be suggesting McClaren as the best manager in the world.

I've just read Clive's match report, McClaren doesn't come out smelling of roses. Clive, i'd trust your football judgment every time. If you're saying Bright was doing well shouldn't have been moved, i believe you. This is turning into a proper disaster.

Ps Get rid of Hemed. Fcuking sick of lazy strikers. At least Nahki Wells bloody tries.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 5:32]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:31 - Mar 15 with 1657 viewsTheChef

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:10 - Mar 14 by TacticalR

You can see it on the extended highlights, about 8:50 in:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qpr-1-rotherham-united-2/

Cheers.

Yes, pretty facking unnecessary given the two other QPR players covering.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:53 - Mar 15 with 1638 viewsactonman

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 05:21 - Mar 15 by timcocking

I don't blame McCLaren, i didn't blame Jimmy Floyd, i didn't blame Chris Ramsey.

We're in this mess because we keep changing our managers and can't afford players who aren't mediocre.

If you'd have asked me 12 games ago, i'd be suggesting McClaren as the best manager in the world.

I've just read Clive's match report, McClaren doesn't come out smelling of roses. Clive, i'd trust your football judgment every time. If you're saying Bright was doing well shouldn't have been moved, i believe you. This is turning into a proper disaster.

Ps Get rid of Hemed. Fcuking sick of lazy strikers. At least Nahki Wells bloody tries.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 5:32]

Apart from everything else , the telling part was him sitting on his arris staring at the floor frequently and the only in game management in 70 mins of football , sorry 22 blokes in shorts aimlessly kicking a ball to and forth was to do the other managers job for him by switching bos?

My mum could of out thought mclaren Tuesday and Saturday for the that matter , he has given up and not even trying to disguise it
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:54 - Mar 15 with 1637 viewsBlue_Castello

That's what's so infuriating we sat in the stands watching Rotherham threaten from every set piece which was definitely their main focus of attack. We watched during the second half as Paul Warne replaced smaller players with six foot plus individuals to massively increase their height advantage.

We make our own very belated substitutions, shit decision Schteve, which gives us finally some momentum and Bright is rewarded with a good goal after Wszolek provides the cross. HUGE relief we are going to get a point and the gap will stay at 10 points which is significant at this stage of the season.

With injury time to go all we had to do was continue working hard, defend resolutely and MOST of all not give away any STUPID free kicks. Now I really like Darnell and can see he is committed to the club but what a complete f**cking dick head, hes a professional footballer and should know better.

Sorry still pissed off and still think were in relegation danger.....
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 9:24]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:16 - Mar 15 with 1609 viewsHarbour

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:20 - Mar 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

International break Mar 18-26
Lose Saturday sack him to give someone some time to work with the players.

or just do it now as a loss looks certain.

I'd sack him now, unsurprisingly.

If we sack him I assume we have to pay off the rest of his contract...can we afford to do this?
Who will be the replacement? I would say leave until after Bolton game lose that and I expect Amit will fire him....but not convinced that will keep us up. Hopefully SM can get some sort of result Saturday to stop the rot...not hopeful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024