Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27614 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:22 - Mar 13 with 2239 viewsdaveB

Twist Twist Twist, sack the useless bastard
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:33 - Mar 13 with 2182 viewsconnell10

As I’ve said if I was in charge I’d sack the useless kunt tonight!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:35 - Mar 13 with 2163 viewsQPR_John

The idea of sacking a manager after less than a season is on the face of it rediculous but I wonder if McLaren himself wants to be here
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:36 - Mar 13 with 2152 viewsconnell10

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:35 - Mar 13 by QPR_John

The idea of sacking a manager after less than a season is on the face of it rediculous but I wonder if McLaren himself wants to be here

Mate what happened tonight is a sackable offence!!! It was pathetic!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:57 - Mar 13 with 2061 viewsoldmisery

No no, don't sack him, the man's a tactical genius. All posters have been demanding width this season and he used the masterful tactic of playing three wingers to provide the sort of crosses that are meat and drink to our six foot seven inch centre forward, Matt Smith. Oh no, wait a minute!!!
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:20 - Mar 14 with 1998 viewswombat

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:20 - Mar 13 by bosh67

4 points from 36 actually. I think we can say away to Hull is a nailed on defeat. Yet he won't go. He'll walk at the end of the season because he'll have even less to work with and right now potentially not even in this division. We are a basket case and although I think we have a pretty honest bunch of players the reality is that they are absolutely stale. They have to take a lot of blame but the reality is that we are being out thought, out concentrated and out fought on a game to game basis. You would think McClaren could work it out but he seems completely baffled. The players look baffled and a lot of them simply can't concentrate. It's as bas as I can remember. Even under Ollie you knew they would break a cycle but this group now look doomed and they really do look like they don't believe in what they are doing anymore.

It’s hard for players to change anything on the pitch when the so called manger is sat facing the floor most of the game , only deeming his self worthy enough from the 75th minute to get out his seat and actually doing anything , yes I think he is trying o get sacked he has lost the plot and the players in recent weeks , we have no real depth. Can’t change it much so players no they won’t be dropped for long .

One thing I hate to say is watching eze at the end of the game walking off with a smile on his face was disgusting to see , hate to single out a player but he was smiling rom ear to ear as he walked round the pitch toward the tunnel

Poll: which is your favouite foot

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:40 - Mar 14 with 1960 viewsjoolsyp

I'm all for stability but we are in freefall and a relegation battle. If we do claim that 3rd relegation spot there's no way Steve will or should stay next season in League 1. So part of me thinks it might be better to bring in someone like Ainsworth now - at least will give him time to assess the squad for next season regardless of which league we are in? Are there many other clubs who would have stuck with a manager after 4 points from 30?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:50 - Mar 14 with 1939 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:40 - Mar 14 by joolsyp

I'm all for stability but we are in freefall and a relegation battle. If we do claim that 3rd relegation spot there's no way Steve will or should stay next season in League 1. So part of me thinks it might be better to bring in someone like Ainsworth now - at least will give him time to assess the squad for next season regardless of which league we are in? Are there many other clubs who would have stuck with a manager after 4 points from 30?

Ainsworth coming here, doing an inevitably bad job, and then getting slagged by the fans would break my heart. Same for Clint.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:58 - Mar 14 with 1915 viewsSharpy36

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:50 - Mar 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth coming here, doing an inevitably bad job, and then getting slagged by the fans would break my heart. Same for Clint.

What is it with this x Qpr player bollox ?. Imo it`s that mindset that has got us where we are today.

Sorry Baz did`nt mean to respond to your post.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 1:00]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:00 - Mar 14 with 1911 viewsactonman

So in the space of 4 days , I have to change my vote from stick to idgaf as nothing will change, whoever we get in will be sh!t . That performance stinks of idgaf on mclarens part and I can’t imagine he has anything other than get me out of here on his mind.

Sack the cnt tonight based on the last 3 performances let alone the 8 / 9 ? game losing run preceding!!!
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:58 - Mar 14 with 1868 viewsozexile

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:40 - Mar 14 by joolsyp

Assessing the squad won't take long.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 02:12 - Mar 14 with 1866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:58 - Mar 14 by Sharpy36

What is it with this x Qpr player bollox ?. Imo it`s that mindset that has got us where we are today.

Sorry Baz did`nt mean to respond to your post.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 1:00]

I'm all for it, but not when the club is a basket case structurally and not for the sake of it.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 02:18 - Mar 14 with 1865 viewsSharpy36

Since the early 90`s all we`ve ever been is a club going back and forth, no direction whats so ever, with a mindset of put an ex Rangers player in this and that position, keep the 10k loyal fans on board and balance the books. Well fcuk that, how about a new vision.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 2:19]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 03:15 - Mar 14 with 1837 viewsmylot50years

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:20 - Mar 14 by wombat

It’s hard for players to change anything on the pitch when the so called manger is sat facing the floor most of the game , only deeming his self worthy enough from the 75th minute to get out his seat and actually doing anything , yes I think he is trying o get sacked he has lost the plot and the players in recent weeks , we have no real depth. Can’t change it much so players no they won’t be dropped for long .

One thing I hate to say is watching eze at the end of the game walking off with a smile on his face was disgusting to see , hate to single out a player but he was smiling rom ear to ear as he walked round the pitch toward the tunnel

Spot on as regards to the manager and his habits of spending most of our latest matches with head bowed, and nervously drinking water whenever he decides to raise his head. Also concerning as to why he doesn't manage to take his seat on the bench prior to the second half starting last night he and laptop rejoined the game on 51 minutes, but of coarse the way things are going this may not be to much of a negative. I don't think, and dont feel regarding our financial situation we are in a position to be looking at another change, but unfortunately things need to be addressed on and off the pitch very quickly to avoid that scenario.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 07:45 - Mar 14 with 1654 viewsthompsonridd

TWIST
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 07:57 - Mar 14 with 1634 viewsBoston

Do we even need a manager?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:39 - Mar 14 with 1574 viewstoboboly

I'll do it for half the price and at worst will provide the same $hit you saw yesterday.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:48 - Mar 14 with 1541 viewsridethewave

Don't agree with Baz on most things, but couldn't agree more here.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:00 - Mar 14 with 1511 viewsCheshireR

He joined on a two year contract. I would be very suprised if he doesnt walk in the summer even if (a very big if) he survives this season.
Our current season has been saved by the signings of Cameron, Angel and to some extent Wells. It would be interesting to see our stats for games with and without these 3 players this year.
I'm not convinced that McClaren has really improved any of our younger crop - and presumably we will be far more reliant on these players next year.
I can't see him wanting a further 12 months of pain in and around the bottom 3 of the Championship. He knows what's coming next year and sadly so do most of us.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:01 - Mar 14 with 1502 viewsdaveB

What if he came in and did a good job?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:28 - Mar 14 with 1446 viewsTheChef

For sure McClaren shoulders the responsibility for the current bad run, but equally so do the players who avoid collective blame most of the time - since the Watford cup defeat they seem to have decided the season is more or less over. They obviously can pull their socks up and put the effort in to win against the likes of Leeds, but are unable to do that consistently.

Bottom line though is since Hasselbaink was appointed, regardless of the manager the team has been in more or less the same position each season. So I don't see sacking the manager as solving the problem - he had a good three months or so between October and December, and a couple of bad patches either side, and it's his job to sort things out. Although I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren sees the writing on the wall for next season and decided it's probably not worth it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:29 - Mar 14 with 1443 viewsRangers67

I like the post match interview on the QPR website where the interviewer gently nudges him in the direction of using the Notts Forest and Leeds result to justify just about the worst set of results and performances I can remember. And he even had the gall to say we have been poor since the Leeds game, what world is he occupying ? We have been pony for months now with abject crap served up home and away. His list of excuses is surely running out now . The excuses some on here were using to back him like the loan players are injured , the teams we are playing are the best in the division etc etc have proved to be bull as some of us who can see through the smokescreen saw ages ago.
Some even thought they were seeing signs of improvement ! Please explain where. He has totally destroyed Eze by playing him in the wrong position , he picked the reserve goalkeeper as first choice at the start of the season and had to swap to Lumley because of his horrendous form. On 21 minutes last night we get a free kick half way into out half on the left side, someone wanders over and looks up the pitch then walks away and Bidwell strolls over and then belts the ball straight through to their goalkeeper. Now I use this as just one example of the lack of coaching going on, surely at some stage at the training ground we would cover the subject of what to do with free kicks in different places on the pitch. Ditto throw ins, no attempt to retain possession just get one of the full backs to launch it up the line as far as they can and hope for the best, I could go on and on.I despair over and over again we do the same thing . This was Rotherham United who have an appalling away record and are in the relegation zone for good reason and yet we still refuse to put someone on the half way line when they have a corner and so when the ball comes out ( that's if it doesn,t end up in our net ) it comes straight back. Surely I can,t be the only one who sees this.
No discernable pattern of play whilst all the other teams that we play bar Ipswich had some sort of plan. The man is disinterested as you can see by his body language on the side lines. Not only are we now flirting with relegation we are loosing fans by the bucket load. I say this as a fan of 50 years reluctantly I am considering not going to some of the games even though I have a season ticket. That's what this clown has done to my club. Please Amit get rid now before its too late.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:32 - Mar 14 with 1430 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:17 - Mar 10 by DejR_vu

I think we’ve got to a point where talking about individual characters is missing the point. Fernandes has created a sh1tstorm of biblical proportions. But that’s the reality we have to deal with. You don’t deal with it by using it as an excuse for failure.

The club has a stench of failure about it. We have a losers mentality. We get worse and we just accept it be because we use all of the issues as excuses. It’s tough, tough sh1t, stand up, grow a pair, stop being a victim, and deal with it.

It’s too late. Even if we make a change we’ll just be delaying the inevitable. Changing the manager or talking about individual players is futile. The fish rots from the head down.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:47 - Mar 14 with 1382 viewsR_from_afar

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:01 - Mar 14 by daveB

What if he came in and did a good job?

Dave, that could happen, but if he comes - and I am not saying "McLaren out" yet - I am petrified that our sense of entitlement, impatience and pent-up frustration born of our steady decline since May 2015 will mean we do what we always do and expect a miraculous transformation in half a season or less. That's against a background of Ainsworth having built something strong at Wycombe over the course of six and a half years.

All of you, stop for a minute and think about that: six and a half years.

We expect a massive improvement after six and a half months.

If Ainsworth came here, it would only be a matter of months before the knives came out and some our fans were starting to come up with insulting nicknames for one of my heroes.

McLaren is not solely to blame for our slump since the turn of the year. We have failed to get anything out of a number of games in which we played well - that's just how it goes - the players have let us down on the effort and concentration front in four or five games this year, FFP had hamstrung us, and our poor results have undermined our confidence.

* Edit * I forgot the impact of injuries on some key players, although...all teams have to cope with such things.

Yesterday's loss could be the wake-up call the players and coaches need. We are not too good to go down. Losing to a team which is hopeless away should - should - put a rocket under one and all. Let's see.

We all need to get behind the team and roar them on. It makes a difference, and it makes going to the games more enjoyable. COYRsss.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:55]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 1339 viewsTheChef

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:47 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

Dave, that could happen, but if he comes - and I am not saying "McLaren out" yet - I am petrified that our sense of entitlement, impatience and pent-up frustration born of our steady decline since May 2015 will mean we do what we always do and expect a miraculous transformation in half a season or less. That's against a background of Ainsworth having built something strong at Wycombe over the course of six and a half years.

All of you, stop for a minute and think about that: six and a half years.

We expect a massive improvement after six and a half months.

If Ainsworth came here, it would only be a matter of months before the knives came out and some our fans were starting to come up with insulting nicknames for one of my heroes.

McLaren is not solely to blame for our slump since the turn of the year. We have failed to get anything out of a number of games in which we played well - that's just how it goes - the players have let us down on the effort and concentration front in four or five games this year, FFP had hamstrung us, and our poor results have undermined our confidence.

* Edit * I forgot the impact of injuries on some key players, although...all teams have to cope with such things.

Yesterday's loss could be the wake-up call the players and coaches need. We are not too good to go down. Losing to a team which is hopeless away should - should - put a rocket under one and all. Let's see.

We all need to get behind the team and roar them on. It makes a difference, and it makes going to the games more enjoyable. COYRsss.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:55]

Fair to say you and I are on the same page. Great point re Ainsworth - six and a half years!! That's totally unheard of these days for a professional football manager.

Like you say the main factor is time and hardly any manager is given that because as soon as results go south, then it's time to press the panic button and get some one else in who can wave their magic wand and make everything instantly better. And in all this panicking, anything good or positive the manager has done is immediately forgotten.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024