Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27611 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:16 - Mar 31 with 2701 viewsterryb

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:29 - Mar 31 by CiderwithRsie

I still hanker after stability but if he is sacked he has no-one but himself to blame.

My heart would be lifted if Ainsworth got the job but my head reminds me of Gigi de Canio - I feel there must be others like him out there better than the usual suspects.

Is that rthe Ainsworth whose club looks as if they may be relegated from Division One this season?

No, I wouldn't rule him out if that was to happen, as most sucessful managers have a blip somewhere in his career. However, I don'r see anything in his managerial record to say that he would be a valid candidate, apart from being an ex-player.

Personally, I'm beginning to think that we need new learership come the summer, but I have no idea who that cvould/should be!
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:33 - Mar 31 with 2592 viewsVancouverHoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:14 - Mar 31 by onlyrinmoray

We might as well wait till the end of the season now The quality of the players is my main concern passing crossing control seems to me to be rubbish The players we can attract with our finances and our current stature isn't going to persuade anyone decent to join that includes managers

We really are in a mess last 3 seasons have been awful we will again be favourites to get relegated

If I had to choose someone it would be the Crowley brothers at Lincoln

Yeah, I'd agree the Crowleys are the plum lower league option. However they seem wedded to making Lincoln the next Swansea. A Big Club might be able to make them an offer they can't refuse, but we're not a big club anymore – if we ever were – so it's unlikely to happen.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:40 - Mar 31 with 2580 viewsR_from_afar

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:48 - Mar 31 by Rangersw12

The McClaren appointment stinks of Fernandes influence , a name and an ex England manager it ticks all the boxes

I reckon this is one of the worst seasons for many a year it's been abysmal

Look, we are abysmal at the moment but McClaren did a good job when he was coaching here under Redknapp. That will have played a role in him being given the job.

I don't know what the answer is and whether changing right now will help. The squad is not great, in no small part due to the need to cut costs, and as has been the case for years, there is precious little goal threat and we are profligate in front of goal. Our terrible run has sucked the confidence out of a team which is low on quality anyway.

People talk about Ainsworth but Wycombe are on a shocking run themselves.

I just hope we can claw our way to survival this season then come back stronger next time.

The trouble is that FFP means we are more in need of an alchemist than a coach.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:41 - Mar 31 with 2505 viewsBoston

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:40 - Mar 31 by R_from_afar

Look, we are abysmal at the moment but McClaren did a good job when he was coaching here under Redknapp. That will have played a role in him being given the job.

I don't know what the answer is and whether changing right now will help. The squad is not great, in no small part due to the need to cut costs, and as has been the case for years, there is precious little goal threat and we are profligate in front of goal. Our terrible run has sucked the confidence out of a team which is low on quality anyway.

People talk about Ainsworth but Wycombe are on a shocking run themselves.

I just hope we can claw our way to survival this season then come back stronger next time.

The trouble is that FFP means we are more in need of an alchemist than a coach.

Alchemy...everything we touch turns to shit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:57 - Mar 31 with 2230 viewsLunarJetman

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:41 - Mar 31 by Boston

Alchemy...everything we touch turns to shit.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:48 - Mar 31 with 2161 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm with Antti. October to Christmas was delightful (not that some on here remember that and, let's face it, we'd be up Shit Creek without those points). That time clearly showed up the under-performing Holloway.

But for all the 'yeah, buts...' of punishing fixtures, injuries, referee howlers and plain bad luck, we're at the point of prime relegation candidates actually looking forward to a trip to Loftus Road.

Sorry, Steve.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:59 - Mar 31 with 2140 viewsnumptydumpty

A manager needs man management skills when the chips are down

Does steve McLaren have this - his public face suggests not

Its been a dreadful run of results this year with no signs of it abating

But as I or none of us know the answer to this particular question - I think whoever oversaw the loaning of 9 fringe players out to other clubs in the January transfer window when we were not allowed to buy anyone - whoever was at the heart of that ridiculous decision needs to go and disappear somewhere far far away....

Players like Oteh, Smyth, Chair they could have been useful at this time - and Manning is brought back and has been given zero opportunities...

Whoever has enabled this to happen whether that is Les, Lee, Tony or Steve - this point is where the season has ended in pathetic capitulation.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:23 - Mar 31 with 2112 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:59 - Mar 31 by numptydumpty

A manager needs man management skills when the chips are down

Does steve McLaren have this - his public face suggests not

Its been a dreadful run of results this year with no signs of it abating

But as I or none of us know the answer to this particular question - I think whoever oversaw the loaning of 9 fringe players out to other clubs in the January transfer window when we were not allowed to buy anyone - whoever was at the heart of that ridiculous decision needs to go and disappear somewhere far far away....

Players like Oteh, Smyth, Chair they could have been useful at this time - and Manning is brought back and has been given zero opportunities...

Whoever has enabled this to happen whether that is Les, Lee, Tony or Steve - this point is where the season has ended in pathetic capitulation.

Surely loaning players out must be under the remit of our marvellous DOF?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:48 - Mar 31 with 2065 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:23 - Mar 31 by Northolt_Rs

Surely loaning players out must be under the remit of our marvellous DOF?

But if your manager doesn't want to play them then what do you do with them?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:24 - Apr 1 with 2026 viewsitsbiga

I think he has to go. We are god awful.
Sure a new manager might not make any difference but you can’t just keep someone this crap.
Sends out a message that you can come to the club and be crap and clean up anyway.
May as well put me in on half the money if you want to pay someone for being a crap club manager and save some dosh.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 0:25]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:27 - Apr 1 with 2019 viewsTacticalR

Isn't sacking managers at QPR like holding indicative votes in Parliament? Nobody knows what we're doing or can remember why we started doing it.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 0:30]

Air hostess clique

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 02:34 - Apr 1 with 1974 viewsnumptydumpty

sacking manager who not performing is fine but so far very often are choices of replacements have got steadily worse - we should be actively scouting for managers in same way we do for players - our appointments have been lazy decisions - old has beens or people with a connection to the club but not from a management perspective.

they may as well keep McLaren until the end of the season but they should be investing money in their exhaustive search for the right sort and a manager with the correct tactical nous to win games.

No point getting a replacement in pronto as another panic stricken replacement - spend time assessing the right type. Its the key appointment in any football club and we have to get it so much more right than we have.

Warnock was the last appointment that worked out - everyone since has been a failure..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 03:13 - Apr 1 with 1955 viewstimcocking

I think if we changed to any manager, the chances of success at present are about the same, which is only a very faint chance (zero). It isn't the managers' faults, it's the league with it's despicable rules and evil agents and corrupt governance.

That said, can't understand for the life of me why the hell the likes of Ilias Chair and Oteh, who are young, hungry QPR players aren't playing for us when the likes of Tomer Hemed, who isn't a Ranger, is.

I just wonder how different we'd be financially and in the league table if we'd kept hold of Jack Robinson and played Ilias Chair and Oteh more instead of signing Leistner, Cameron and Hemed. Perhaps released our reserve physio's physio. Probably we'd be higher up the table and better off.

Let us not forget, Geoff Cameron doesn't regularly score from his own half.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:03 - Apr 1 with 1826 viewsblacky200

Though SM was going to prove me wrong around Christmas when we were playing well and winning games against sides right up there. I can't understand where it all went wrong. I was underwhelmed with his appointment but was well prepared to say I was wrong. Unfortunately instead of being a comfortable mid-table side with no dramas we are heading yet again to the madness that is QPR. We've tried experienced managers, foreign managers, young upcoming managers, coaches taking charge and former players yet nothing has worked. Even our brief success with Warnock finished badly. We have been crying out for stability after having 23 managers since 2000. I just don't know what the answer is.
I'd probably get the DoF to call him in and say you've got the rest of the season to sort it out and come up with a plan for next year to present to the board. If not start again. Not sure who with though.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:06 - Apr 1 with 1814 viewsfrancisbowles

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 03:13 - Apr 1 by timcocking

I think if we changed to any manager, the chances of success at present are about the same, which is only a very faint chance (zero). It isn't the managers' faults, it's the league with it's despicable rules and evil agents and corrupt governance.

That said, can't understand for the life of me why the hell the likes of Ilias Chair and Oteh, who are young, hungry QPR players aren't playing for us when the likes of Tomer Hemed, who isn't a Ranger, is.

I just wonder how different we'd be financially and in the league table if we'd kept hold of Jack Robinson and played Ilias Chair and Oteh more instead of signing Leistner, Cameron and Hemed. Perhaps released our reserve physio's physio. Probably we'd be higher up the table and better off.

Let us not forget, Geoff Cameron doesn't regularly score from his own half.

Devils advocate here: .... BUT how many of Chair's goals would have been saved two leagues higher? Is Oteh getting a game in league one?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:29 - Apr 1 with 1771 viewsDevonWhite

Has he been sacked? Just had two texts from friends saying so but can't see anything official.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:35 - Apr 1 with 1758 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:29 - Apr 1 by DevonWhite

Has he been sacked? Just had two texts from friends saying so but can't see anything official.

I heard the same earlier but I am guessing it is just a false rumour.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:35 - Apr 1 with 1757 viewsDevonWhite

No idea who this bloke is or if he's reliable.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:38 - Apr 1 with 1741 views2Thomas2Bowles

April fools day

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:41 - Apr 1 with 1729 viewsBucksRanger

Football League World - but can you trust it?

[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 10:42]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:49 - Apr 1 with 1702 viewsNorthernr

also April 1, but Times reporting he could go this week as well.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:51 - Apr 1 with 1694 viewsDevonWhite

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:49 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Worst April Fool's gag ever if that's what it is.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:53 - Apr 1 with 1678 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well, he is a fool so an appropriate day.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:57 - Apr 1 with 1662 views2Thomas2Bowles

Also the Mail

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:23 - Apr 1 with 1574 viewsNortholt_Rs

Twist it is then! I guess a puny 6 points from 45 is sackable at any club - even ours....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024