Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27606 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:43 - Mar 15 with 2640 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't see sacking him doing us any good, I think the old adage as a coach rather than a manager rings true but we have so many problems, also missing Cameron, Rangel and others tiring,ironically the FA Cup probably did us no favours and we have had some misfortune as well such as Bristol City, and Birmingham in the penalty miss.

No point sacking right now anyway and the cost...
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:39 - Mar 15 with 2543 viewsVancouverHoop

He will get sacked, all managers do it's just a case of when. It's a ritual. Clears the air, cleanses the palette. Everyone takes a breather and gets ready to get stuck into the next bloke. Someone has to be the scapegoat for bad results and the manager's the guy wearing the horns and the easiest to let go. We know it, he knows it, the players know it, and the front office knows it. Again, the only question is when. Is now a good time to roll the dice? If Les 'n' Lee have someone in mind they've been watching and considering for sometime, then maybe. Otherwise no. Who are you going to find with the end of the season approaching? Anyone decent? It's very unlikely they'd be on the couch at home at this time of year.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:10 - Mar 15 with 2516 viewsnix

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 15:23 - Mar 14 by R_from_afar

If they are frightened to play, part of the reason might be us fans. There are times when we can be, let's say, less than forgiving and rather impatient, and not slow to vent our frustrations verbally.

I didn't see all the game but I did see moments when BOS was sublime and freely expressing himself.

I agree that the manager needs to be able to "rouse the team" but the players need to take responsibility too. They have all had enough coaching and played enough football over the years to know that you can't just turn up and expect to win.

We are in a bad place at the moment but we need to understand that even with everyone fit and in form, we are an upper mid-table team *at best* and we need to stop acting as if it is only McLaren which is holidng us back at the moment. The squad is thin and short of goals, as it has been since Charlie left.

Granted, McLaren needs to up his game but so do the players. What was Furlong doing hacking that Rotherham player down at the end there?

That's true, our fans can got on the players backs at times. But I think we haven't been that bad recently given the recent results and even more so the dire style of play. Bos certainly looked good and expressed himself freely but he was the exception rather than the rule.

Yes I agree the players have to take some responsibility but I'm unsure whether they're taking it upon themselves to sit back and let teams attack them. When the ball comes out from our penalty area from a free kick or corner we all seem to stay in the penalty area and let the team attack us again. Sitting back puts more pressure on our back four so they commit silly fouls. I don't remember us doing that under previous managers, so I'm wondering whether he tells them to stay back and cover.

Also we're attacking so slowly. No first time balls into the penalty area, no fast passing moves. Now if that's not Steve's plan why isn't he out there urging them to move it quicker, rush out from the penalty area, etc?

We're short of goals partly because of the terrible lack of movement in the penalty area. As Clive said Hemed hides behind the defenders and barely makes a run. While Eze looks like a shadow of his former self. Wells does look short of confidence. He's making runs but hesitates to shoot.

It may not be completely down to the manager to raise team morale when the going gets tough but surely it's part of his remit. But if he's hiding in the dug out what message is that sending?

As I said earlier, it's probably not a good idea to change again and we can't afford it anyway, but I'd like him to be a bit more inspiring on match days, if only for the fans.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:49 - Mar 15 with 2434 viewsDorse

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:10 - Mar 15 by nix

That's true, our fans can got on the players backs at times. But I think we haven't been that bad recently given the recent results and even more so the dire style of play. Bos certainly looked good and expressed himself freely but he was the exception rather than the rule.

Yes I agree the players have to take some responsibility but I'm unsure whether they're taking it upon themselves to sit back and let teams attack them. When the ball comes out from our penalty area from a free kick or corner we all seem to stay in the penalty area and let the team attack us again. Sitting back puts more pressure on our back four so they commit silly fouls. I don't remember us doing that under previous managers, so I'm wondering whether he tells them to stay back and cover.

Also we're attacking so slowly. No first time balls into the penalty area, no fast passing moves. Now if that's not Steve's plan why isn't he out there urging them to move it quicker, rush out from the penalty area, etc?

We're short of goals partly because of the terrible lack of movement in the penalty area. As Clive said Hemed hides behind the defenders and barely makes a run. While Eze looks like a shadow of his former self. Wells does look short of confidence. He's making runs but hesitates to shoot.

It may not be completely down to the manager to raise team morale when the going gets tough but surely it's part of his remit. But if he's hiding in the dug out what message is that sending?

As I said earlier, it's probably not a good idea to change again and we can't afford it anyway, but I'd like him to be a bit more inspiring on match days, if only for the fans.

McClaren: stick or twist? I choose 'stick', as in, I think he should be beaten with one until he gets it right.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 23:51]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:33 - Mar 16 with 2380 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm with the stick.

For now.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:57 - Mar 30 with 2205 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:33 - Mar 16 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm with the stick.

For now.

Still?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:59 - Mar 30 with 2181 viewsBoston

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:57 - Mar 30 by Northolt_Rs

Still?

Well how else do ya beat him?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:05 - Mar 30 with 2108 viewskensalriser

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:59 - Mar 30 by Boston

Well how else do ya beat him?

If you're the manager of another Championship team, with ease.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:08 - Mar 30 with 2079 viewshubble

I hope the dozy cant resigns, I'm sick of his dreary, weary clueless droning. What kind of starting 11 was that? Clueless.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:11 - Mar 30 with 2026 views2Thomas2Bowles

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:08 - Mar 30 by hubble

I hope the dozy cant resigns, I'm sick of his dreary, weary clueless droning. What kind of starting 11 was that? Clueless.

No chance

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:12 - Mar 30 with 2027 viewsdavman

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:08 - Mar 30 by hubble

Lynch ahead of Leistner and Hemed in front of Smith are sackable offences by themselves. He has to go tonight, surely?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:16 - Mar 30 with 1988 viewsstevec

Ramsey, JFH, Ollie, no doubt McLaren soon but the constant in this never ending sh it storm are a succession of highly paid players on long term contracts who are not up to the job.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:21 - Mar 30 with 1910 viewsLblock

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:16 - Mar 30 by stevec

Ramsey, JFH, Ollie, no doubt McLaren soon but the constant in this never ending sh it storm are a succession of highly paid players on long term contracts who are not up to the job.

Plus those incompetent kuntz at the top

That’s me done for the season now, just hope I return to a Championship club next August

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:24 - Mar 30 with 1875 viewsactonman

Rotherham and now Bolton at home losses in the manor we have lost are both sackable offences without the worse losing run In history to back it up
Olly lost the plot and had to go but this cnt is taking it to another level !

Truly shocking performance again today at home against arguabley one of the worse team s in the league other than Rotherham is undefendable
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:24 - Mar 30 with 1874 viewsVancouverHoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:12 - Mar 30 by davman

Lynch ahead of Leistner and Hemed in front of Smith are sackable offences by themselves. He has to go tonight, surely?

Angel and Hall were odd selections (Lynch's is always a lottery.) Neither of them are fully fit/match-ready and meant the entire right side of our back four were behind the eight-ball until they were both subbed (too late.) Naturally the opening goal came from that side of the pitch.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:30 - Mar 30 with 1815 viewsLblock

I’d take Ramsey as caretaker every day of the week at the moment

And that’s a bold leap for me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 1770 viewsactonman

If he don’t get sacked then I truly believe this club is going to die on its ars! No way in the fking world are we going to get any better under this clown and with our “better players “ gone next season , we are fked !!!!
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:41 - Mar 30 with 1715 viewspaulparker

With this board running things QPR will always be a laughing stock , TF and his pals need to go for this club to move forward , 8 years of just seeing disaster after disaster unfold, I actually laughed when it went 2 nil, im a QPR nut and have been for nearly 36 years of following us but now I dont want to go I can’t even be bothered to check the team sheet or bother with the score , we have become a nothing club from my days of stainrod, fenwick , fereday , Allen, waddock, wegerle, bannister, Byrne , macca, Wilkins, Dawes , Gregory, Les, sinton, micklewhite, to the dog sh1t of Lynch, hamed, Bidwell , Leinster, Wells, Smith, cousins ,
That lot are not even league one level , it’s heartbreaking to see us be over taken by Fulham , Brentford, Watford , Bournemouth , the fan base has been beaten into submission we don’t even protest anymore we are accepting this Sh1t , why ? Ffs
For what it’s worth give to Bircham & Gallen to the end of the season and let’s actually enjoy it for once

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:41 - Mar 30 with 1714 viewsMetallica_Hoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:57 - Mar 30 by Northolt_Rs

Still?

Still not sure.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 17:42]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:43 - Mar 30 with 1687 viewshubble

Fleetwood won again today. Just sayin'...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:12 - Mar 30 with 1516 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:30 - Mar 30 by Lblock

I’d take Ramsey as caretaker every day of the week at the moment

And that’s a bold leap for me

those drugs kicking in again mate?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 1488 viewstoboboly

Twist until his head falls off and then get Nigel Adkins. At least he is used to working with insanity

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 1487 viewsloftboy

P45 all day long

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:23 - Mar 30 with 1450 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:41 - Mar 30 by paulparker

With this board running things QPR will always be a laughing stock , TF and his pals need to go for this club to move forward , 8 years of just seeing disaster after disaster unfold, I actually laughed when it went 2 nil, im a QPR nut and have been for nearly 36 years of following us but now I dont want to go I can’t even be bothered to check the team sheet or bother with the score , we have become a nothing club from my days of stainrod, fenwick , fereday , Allen, waddock, wegerle, bannister, Byrne , macca, Wilkins, Dawes , Gregory, Les, sinton, micklewhite, to the dog sh1t of Lynch, hamed, Bidwell , Leinster, Wells, Smith, cousins ,
That lot are not even league one level , it’s heartbreaking to see us be over taken by Fulham , Brentford, Watford , Bournemouth , the fan base has been beaten into submission we don’t even protest anymore we are accepting this Sh1t , why ? Ffs
For what it’s worth give to Bircham & Gallen to the end of the season and let’s actually enjoy it for once

I'm loathe to get rid of managers, but losing at home to two of the three worst teams in the league coupled with this awful run, I really can't see how he keeps his job. We need another win really to be fully safe and if he can't get a win v Bolton, we may not get it at all.

Ramsey or Birch as caretakers I'd probably go for. Gallen - not so much. The older he gets, the weirder he gets. Yesterday he appeared to retweet someone saying that it was a racist decision by Ferdinand that Ramsey got the manager's job at QPR. He's an odd fish.

Such a shame. Oct-Dec we were really quite good. It's totally gone to pot.

Bare bones.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:27 - Mar 30 with 1419 viewsNed_Kennedys

He's got to go: the 'I'll take off Pav, crowd go mental, my mistake I meant I'll take off Rangel' moment summed him up for me. We've been dogshite for 3 months and counting and there are no indications it's going to get any better with him in charge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024