Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27830 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:28 - Mar 30 with 2783 viewsBoston

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:23 - Mar 30 by Antti_Heinola

I'm loathe to get rid of managers, but losing at home to two of the three worst teams in the league coupled with this awful run, I really can't see how he keeps his job. We need another win really to be fully safe and if he can't get a win v Bolton, we may not get it at all.

Ramsey or Birch as caretakers I'd probably go for. Gallen - not so much. The older he gets, the weirder he gets. Yesterday he appeared to retweet someone saying that it was a racist decision by Ferdinand that Ramsey got the manager's job at QPR. He's an odd fish.

Such a shame. Oct-Dec we were really quite good. It's totally gone to pot.

Medicinal Marijuana...yes they probably all need a good blast at the moment.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:33 - Mar 30 with 2746 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:27 - Mar 30 by Ned_Kennedys

He's got to go: the 'I'll take off Pav, crowd go mental, my mistake I meant I'll take off Rangel' moment summed him up for me. We've been dogshite for 3 months and counting and there are no indications it's going to get any better with him in charge.

Yeah that was a particularly bizarre moment....

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:35 - Mar 30 with 2725 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:27 - Mar 30 by Ned_Kennedys

He's got to go: the 'I'll take off Pav, crowd go mental, my mistake I meant I'll take off Rangel' moment summed him up for me. We've been dogshite for 3 months and counting and there are no indications it's going to get any better with him in charge.

wasn't there, but tbf they're numbers 22 and 23 aren't they? So that could have been an error by the 4th official.

Bare bones.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:38 - Mar 30 with 2696 viewsRangersw12

Get rid

Awful again today and yes it doesn't really change much when we sack the manager but the current run is unacceptable
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:42 - Mar 30 with 2668 viewsVancouverHoop

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:35 - Mar 30 by Antti_Heinola

wasn't there, but tbf they're numbers 22 and 23 aren't they? So that could have been an error by the 4th official.

That's the way it looked to me on TV. Mclaren acted too swiftly for it to be otherwise, if it had been a crowd reaction he'd have assessed things for a second or two. But we can't know for sure.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:48 - Mar 30 with 2622 viewsNed_Kennedys

It was 30-40 seconds before the number was changed: the vast majority of the crowd were going mad about it. He has previous for taking Pav off doesn't he?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:57 - Mar 30 with 2539 viewsMatch82

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:48 - Mar 30 by Ned_Kennedys

It was 30-40 seconds before the number was changed: the vast majority of the crowd were going mad about it. He has previous for taking Pav off doesn't he?

He does, though taking Rangel off was a logical move, given he hadn't started a game for a while. So inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on the substitution though that doesn't excuse the rest of the game.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:57 - Mar 30 with 2541 viewsNortholt_Rs

This. I’m not having the 4th official made an error BS. McClaren changed his mind on the substitution when the crowd turned on him over his decision to take Pav off....so he changed his mind. Absolute shambles.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:58]

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:58 - Mar 30 with 2537 viewsthame_hoops

Lol @ your user name. mclaren could certainly do with a holiday in Cambodia

PS

Stick until Christmas and evaluate then
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:00 - Mar 30 with 2523 viewsSimonJames

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 17:30 - Mar 30 by Lblock

I’d take Ramsey as caretaker every day of the week at the moment

And that’s a bold leap for me

If Ramsey took the job, even as caretaker manager, then he would be certifiably insane and we would therefore have to sack him immediately...
Amit might as well do it himself for the rest of the season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 2235 viewshubble

Where are Bernie and Flavio when you need them?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 2234 viewsRangersDave

The problem is that Schteeeev, cannot see the wood from the tree's.
He had an in form team, that was doing the business, and then it fell apart with no plan 'b'.

1 win in 16 says it all doesnt it?

However if Schteeeve goes, there should be a root and branch cull of those around and above him, including 'evil Les' etc.

You cannot goon choosing or maybe just endorsing, depending on where the decisions actually come from, the players and managers that have done bugger all for the last few seasons.
Unless your just happy to sit there and leach a pay check out of the company you work for with no real responsibility if the brown stuff hits the whirly thing.

However, we have no money, will rely, on current form, for other teams to keep us up this season, and lose a few palyers going back off loan at the end of the season, i see no easy way out of this sorry mess.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:25 - Mar 30 with 2138 viewsHooparoo

If he has any dignity left at all he should surely resign. What a fcking shambles.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:55 - Mar 30 with 2049 viewsGloucs_R

The board are very quiet tonight. I reckon he'd gone tomorrow.

Poll: Are we staying up?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:06 - Mar 30 with 2014 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:09 - Mar 30 with 2006 viewscorse

Schteeve is as a tosser as our board is and i thought it would be foolish to change manager before the season ends cause our inept board just cannot get it right. Oh how i ve tried to be patient with both of them but now its time for them both to Feck Off. Asap.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 05:05 - Mar 31 with 1806 viewsHooparoo

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:09 - Mar 30 by corse

Schteeve is as a tosser as our board is and i thought it would be foolish to change manager before the season ends cause our inept board just cannot get it right. Oh how i ve tried to be patient with both of them but now its time for them both to Feck Off. Asap.

My best mate is a Toon fan and he warned me when we hired McLaren that we’d be sorry. I told him that the guy has enough experience to succeed. Cue laughter from my mate followed by a “You’ll find out soon enough”

Spot on with everything he said. Get rid!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 07:49 - Mar 31 with 1732 viewsWatford_Ranger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:25 - Mar 30 by Hooparoo

If he has any dignity left at all he should surely resign. What a fcking shambles.

Was pondering this on the way home. In his situation even with plenty in the bank I don’t think I’d walk away from a large payoff, assuming he’d be due one. He’s finished if/when he gets the boot here.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:02 - Mar 31 with 1713 viewsozexile

Did he sign a 2 year contract?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:30 - Mar 31 with 1655 viewsRuislipHoop

Stick now,twist in June
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:36 - Mar 31 with 1650 viewsPastCaringNW2

Stick. Semi-reluctantly.

The decisions for next season in terms of who to keep, who to let go and who to promote from the ranks of loanees and reserves were presumably made weeks ago. We have to give that a spin now. Especially with six defenders potentially leaving in the summer. The rebuild is going to be massive and that is before we think about cashing in on Freeman, Luongo. If the rebuild is already mapped out then we run with that. If it isn't then we're screwed anyway.

Why semi-reluctantly? It may well be that this manager's talents as a coach may be confined to squads of ready-mades rather than teams that have to accommodate two, three, four, even five emerging talents. Rangel, Cameron, Freeman, Wells (plus Pav, Lumley and Leistner) were the engine that got us out of trouble in the Autumn. Where would the club be now had we done without five of them for an extended period? That's what we are facing next year.

I am already praying that there are three teams demonstrably worse than us in this league next season. That Huddersfield go into one of those double relegation free falls, that one of the promoted clubs simply isn't up to it and someone currently mid table goes into a messy administration.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:56 - Mar 31 with 1609 viewsLblock

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:36 - Mar 31 by PastCaringNW2

Stick. Semi-reluctantly.

The decisions for next season in terms of who to keep, who to let go and who to promote from the ranks of loanees and reserves were presumably made weeks ago. We have to give that a spin now. Especially with six defenders potentially leaving in the summer. The rebuild is going to be massive and that is before we think about cashing in on Freeman, Luongo. If the rebuild is already mapped out then we run with that. If it isn't then we're screwed anyway.

Why semi-reluctantly? It may well be that this manager's talents as a coach may be confined to squads of ready-mades rather than teams that have to accommodate two, three, four, even five emerging talents. Rangel, Cameron, Freeman, Wells (plus Pav, Lumley and Leistner) were the engine that got us out of trouble in the Autumn. Where would the club be now had we done without five of them for an extended period? That's what we are facing next year.

I am already praying that there are three teams demonstrably worse than us in this league next season. That Huddersfield go into one of those double relegation free falls, that one of the promoted clubs simply isn't up to it and someone currently mid table goes into a messy administration.

Funnily enough.....FFP May be our only hope next season!! We need three clubs to fall foul and get done

We started the season with a 12 point penalty and seem to be finishing it with a 39 point one. I have no idea how we are not firmly in the bottom three because Christ knows we deserve to be.

I’m actually quite glad I can’t make games at the moment, Miss the boozer pre and post match terribly though!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:03 - Mar 31 with 1580 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:36 - Mar 31 by PastCaringNW2

Stick. Semi-reluctantly.

We've been trying to rebuild for the past 4 years. We're not very good at it. SM was suppose to be a top coach and work with our youth and rough diamonds from lower leagues. Thats turned out to be rubbish. He gambled on those loans and lost which has shown him up more. The club should have stuck to their guns before letting these players on big wages come in.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:34 - Mar 31 with 1490 viewsBklynRanger

I think I've seen enough now and would quite like him to leave. I just don't understand how someone with such experience could have such an apparent lack of ideas. We had nothing about us in midfield yesterday - no link up play at all, just knocking it back to fcuking Lynch who would then 'dispatch' it, doing his best Dan Marino impersonation, somewhere in the direction of Hemed's overpaid bonce.

The one time when Designated Playmaker Lynch put a decent pass along the deck to Scowen in an advanced position it caught everyone by such surprise that murmurs and coos of delight seemed to bubble up around me. We've become so used to this dross that ONE constructive pass has us weeping with joy. Outplayed by Bolton in both halfs and his only solution is to chuck a load of forwards on. I know it's the dog days of the season but this isn't acceptable and there's no reason at all to suppose he'll have any more of a clue come the middle of August.

At halftime whats-his-name, media bloke actually said "If you're not happy with what you've seen in the first half spare a thought for this lot who have walked 13 miles to be here today" - It's universally accepted that this is shit and McLaren has the thick temerity to use his post-match interview to quote how many crosses and shots we had in the match - hiding behind misleading stats to keep his job. Well he can fcuk off now. Eejit.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:49 - Mar 31 with 1448 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:31 - Mar 30 by RangersDave

The problem is that Schteeeev, cannot see the wood from the tree's.
He had an in form team, that was doing the business, and then it fell apart with no plan 'b'.

1 win in 16 says it all doesnt it?

However if Schteeeve goes, there should be a root and branch cull of those around and above him, including 'evil Les' etc.

You cannot goon choosing or maybe just endorsing, depending on where the decisions actually come from, the players and managers that have done bugger all for the last few seasons.
Unless your just happy to sit there and leach a pay check out of the company you work for with no real responsibility if the brown stuff hits the whirly thing.

However, we have no money, will rely, on current form, for other teams to keep us up this season, and lose a few palyers going back off loan at the end of the season, i see no easy way out of this sorry mess.

have sympathy for those above though - it's been said a million times, but they've had to revolutionise how the club works. That, unfortunately, takes time. You could make an argument it's an achievement we've managed to stay in this division at all - bigger clubs have fallen faster.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024