Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27573 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:17 - Mar 10 with 3092 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:03 - Mar 10 by Northolt_Rs

No doubt SM is getting an easy ride given his diabolical stats - Holloway/JFH/Ramsey would’ve been slaughtered. Especially at that Brentford game.... I just think we are all so exhausted with our situation constantly degenerating its knocked the stuffing out of our fan base. Fernandes is 100% responsible for taking the euphoria of being promoted to the PL and replacing it with what we have today. I just dont know the answer.....can we even afford to sack McClaren and pay him off?

I think we’ve got to a point where talking about individual characters is missing the point. Fernandes has created a sh1tstorm of biblical proportions. But that’s the reality we have to deal with. You don’t deal with it by using it as an excuse for failure.

The club has a stench of failure about it. We have a losers mentality. We get worse and we just accept it be because we use all of the issues as excuses. It’s tough, tough sh1t, stand up, grow a pair, stop being a victim, and deal with it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:38 - Mar 10 with 3055 viewsLoftgirl

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:13 - Mar 10 by Tonto

This may seem a bit blunt but it's a stupid question. Anyone who thinks the grass is greener is deluded.

We are seeing so many aspects of life where people are cali g fir stuff to be broken down and rebuilt... and it hasn't exactly got us anywhere; politics, climate change, football, Top Gear. Take your pick. Change does not always equal better.

I am seeing progress. It may be slow, glacial slow at times, but it IS progress. We flirted with the playoffs, the football has been better most of the time, the youngsters have had more time (3 regulars). What do people expect? Who is going to buy a club with massive fines over its head? I suppose the Blackpool and Bolton owners are available...

Take your pick? Michael Miles.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:15 - Mar 10 with 2961 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

By the way, why the fck do we feel so entitled to success? We are a team with one major trophy in our cabinet with a league one ground which we can’t fill and sub par training facilities borrowed from a local college.

If anything we are punching above our weight. Get the infrastructure and the culture right first then the rest will come.

Apologies if I look like I’m doing our club down but I think we need to start getting real a bit.

That stint in the Premiership has done the mental outlook of some fans so much damage.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:17]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:38 - Mar 10 with 2927 viewsWatford_Ranger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:15 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

By the way, why the fck do we feel so entitled to success? We are a team with one major trophy in our cabinet with a league one ground which we can’t fill and sub par training facilities borrowed from a local college.

If anything we are punching above our weight. Get the infrastructure and the culture right first then the rest will come.

Apologies if I look like I’m doing our club down but I think we need to start getting real a bit.

That stint in the Premiership has done the mental outlook of some fans so much damage.

I don’t think we are entitled to success but as fans and as a club I think we pay for more than the shambles that has been our last two (and plenty of the whole season).

Most of the problems at this club are nothing to do with SM but I think it’s fair to question his performance.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:41 - Mar 10 with 2922 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:38 - Mar 10 by Watford_Ranger

I don’t think we are entitled to success but as fans and as a club I think we pay for more than the shambles that has been our last two (and plenty of the whole season).

Most of the problems at this club are nothing to do with SM but I think it’s fair to question his performance.

Is mid table Championship really a shambles?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:53 - Mar 10 with 2851 viewsPunteR

Don't agree with this at all.
Didn't clive talk about "existence clubs". Basically just making up the numbers and trying to survive. ?
As fans i think we should expect our clubs to push for top spot. It's a sport. We should be winning trophies and wanting success. Success is achievable for any club.
Its not about entitlement its about achievement, not wanting your club to sit on their laurels or just balance the books. Clint Hill also talked about letting standards slip. Losing that drive to be the best.
I grew up with QPR being one of the top clubs in London, being a mainstayer in Division 1, i still harbour dreams of us being a top club once again. We're falling behind Brentford at the moment and that really isn't good enough with the money and resources we've had at our disposal.
MClaren needs to up his game. He's been crap this season in all honesty. I can't believe he's let Smyth disappear when he tore up teams end of last season with us and at international level. I was looking forward to seeing him develop this season. Hopefully SM gets a tune out of him next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:04 - Mar 10 with 2738 viewspaulparker

Baz this is not about success or being in the top 6 etc it’s about being sold a pup by this board yet again, it was all about devolping youngsters and how Mclaren would take that group further than Olly ever could ,
The cold hard facts are Mclaren has done a worst job than Olly did with better resources it’s not good enough mate, look at the way this club has started 2019, and again look at Preston,Brentford norwich , Sheffield Utd how are they up their with similar or worse budgets than us
Mclaren has done precious little to devolp any of our players he is dead lucky we are all so committed to mediocrity

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:27 - Mar 10 with 2608 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When it comes to QPR, we could get Guardiola in tomorrow, and we’ll still end up this time next year asking ourselves: should Pep stay or go?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:32 - Mar 10 with 2595 viewsHitch

McClaren doing ok with what he has.
Same people every year calling for change, then wondering why we are shite.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:33 - Mar 10 with 2592 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:53 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Didn't clive talk about "existence clubs". Basically just making up the numbers and trying to survive. ?
As fans i think we should expect our clubs to push for top spot. It's a sport. We should be winning trophies and wanting success. Success is achievable for any club.
Its not about entitlement its about achievement, not wanting your club to sit on their laurels or just balance the books. Clint Hill also talked about letting standards slip. Losing that drive to be the best.
I grew up with QPR being one of the top clubs in London, being a mainstayer in Division 1, i still harbour dreams of us being a top club once again. We're falling behind Brentford at the moment and that really isn't good enough with the money and resources we've had at our disposal.
MClaren needs to up his game. He's been crap this season in all honesty. I can't believe he's let Smyth disappear when he tore up teams end of last season with us and at international level. I was looking forward to seeing him develop this season. Hopefully SM gets a tune out of him next season.

Never said otherwise Punt

Look at Burnley, Wigan, Southampton, and Watford for example. What did they do differently? They spent on infrastructure first (which is not subject to FFP by the way).

If the £250m spend on a two year retirement do was put into training grounds and an academy we'd be a lot better.

Now we are tightening the purse strings five years too late and scrimping on facilities which is totally perverse.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:37 - Mar 10 with 2575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 16:04 - Mar 10 by paulparker

Baz this is not about success or being in the top 6 etc it’s about being sold a pup by this board yet again, it was all about devolping youngsters and how Mclaren would take that group further than Olly ever could ,
The cold hard facts are Mclaren has done a worst job than Olly did with better resources it’s not good enough mate, look at the way this club has started 2019, and again look at Preston,Brentford norwich , Sheffield Utd how are they up their with similar or worse budgets than us
Mclaren has done precious little to devolp any of our players he is dead lucky we are all so committed to mediocrity

Holloway, McClaren, or Pep Guadioala it matter not a jot while the structure of the club is fcked.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:43 - Mar 10 with 2553 viewsBoston

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 13:53 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Can’t believe anyone wouldn’t understand your point of view!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:05 - Mar 10 with 2523 viewsdaveB

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:50 - Mar 10 by Gloucs_R

Best cup run in 20 years
We'll probably end up lower in the table and with less points than last year
Just about to lose several first team players, contacts ending and others sold
Can't really afford to pay McLaren off
Our squad for next season has relegation written all over it
Not convinced we can afford to bring in any quality, unless Penrice works a miracle

So is not McLaren, then who? Ramsey would be within budget! For Ainsworth we would have to pay compensation and we don't have the money...

No choice other than stick but I'm fully expecting to go down next year.

We spent 31 million on wages last season so whilst money is tight we are still spending and McClaren won't be on peanuts, to suggest we wouldn't be able to afford Ainsworth is nonsense.

Preston, Brentford, Bristol City and Sheffield United all managed to bring in good players and produce better teams with smaller budgets than us, next year will be difficult but every year is difficult, this throwing in the towel stuff because we can't spend a fortune has to stop
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:09 - Mar 10 with 2511 viewsdaveB

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 12:41 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is mid table Championship really a shambles?

We're 18th, thats not mid table
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:21 - Mar 10 with 2487 viewsdaveB

I don't expect much, I'm not demanding promotion, playoffs even the top half but I do expect better than 1 win in 10 games losing 8 of them and whilst playing against 10 men at home struggling to have a shot on target.

I'd happily take what Brentford have in playing good football and not achieving much, at least it would be entertaining
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:34 - Mar 10 with 2392 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 18:33 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Never said otherwise Punt

Look at Burnley, Wigan, Southampton, and Watford for example. What did they do differently? They spent on infrastructure first (which is not subject to FFP by the way).

If the £250m spend on a two year retirement do was put into training grounds and an academy we'd be a lot better.

Now we are tightening the purse strings five years too late and scrimping on facilities which is totally perverse.

Sorry i should have said i didnt agree with this bit - "By the way, why the fck do we feel so entitled to success?"
I was making the point about entitlement.
I totally agree with what your saying with your other points.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:56 - Mar 13 with 2050 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man, that was f cking DIRE tonight. Not quite sure where we go from here......

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:00 - Mar 13 with 1994 viewsRangers67

Got to stick he is doing a great job, anyone who thinks different is being negative . Every new game you can see the improvement and the positive affect his superb coaching is having. We are brilliant , Steve is brilliant, the football is brolliant
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 1933 viewsbosh67

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:00 - Mar 13 by Rangers67

Got to stick he is doing a great job, anyone who thinks different is being negative . Every new game you can see the improvement and the positive affect his superb coaching is having. We are brilliant , Steve is brilliant, the football is brolliant

Ditto. 10 year contract. Oh I don't know. Perhaps it isn't his fault. I feel the players have also lost the plot and I also think we got rid of young players that could turn a game. We are a total mess.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:21 - Mar 13 with 1808 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I couldn't believe what I was watching first half. Then he didn't reappear until the 47th minute. Maybe he normally does that I don't know but it spoke volumes for me tonight. Can only think he wants the sack and a payoff.

Eyes are on you now Steve.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:28 - Mar 13 with 1746 viewsRog

Bye Steve. Take all your mates in green tops with you. Tactically tonight was as stupid an approach as I have ever seen. What you've been coaching them has no resemblance to a proper team. Anyone could see what was going on except for our bench.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 22:29]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:00 - Mar 13 with 1526 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:28 - Mar 13 by Rog

Bye Steve. Take all your mates in green tops with you. Tactically tonight was as stupid an approach as I have ever seen. What you've been coaching them has no resemblance to a proper team. Anyone could see what was going on except for our bench.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 22:29]

And take that waste of space LF with you too..... WTF is he still at the club? Does a club our size need a DoF? Really?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 1497 viewsLblock

I was out on this but Hair Island’s attitude tonight nailed it for me

At one stage in the first half I thought he was traveling club class on B.A he was so far reclined on his seat. His tactics were awful and in game management so stale and predictable
I think he’s praying for another pay off

Another in the football business with no honour, no self respect and no metal
The argument was who replaces him, now I think the answer is simply anyone as 4 points from 33 HAS to scream job ending surely????

Him and his 37 coaches need to go

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:06 - Mar 13 with 1479 viewsqprd

I enjoyed when we had three wingers on the pitch at the end in wzolek brihht and shodipo
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:20 - Mar 13 with 1394 viewsbosh67

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:04 - Mar 13 by Lblock

I was out on this but Hair Island’s attitude tonight nailed it for me

At one stage in the first half I thought he was traveling club class on B.A he was so far reclined on his seat. His tactics were awful and in game management so stale and predictable
I think he’s praying for another pay off

Another in the football business with no honour, no self respect and no metal
The argument was who replaces him, now I think the answer is simply anyone as 4 points from 33 HAS to scream job ending surely????

Him and his 37 coaches need to go

4 points from 36 actually. I think we can say away to Hull is a nailed on defeat. Yet he won't go. He'll walk at the end of the season because he'll have even less to work with and right now potentially not even in this division. We are a basket case and although I think we have a pretty honest bunch of players the reality is that they are absolutely stale. They have to take a lot of blame but the reality is that we are being out thought, out concentrated and out fought on a game to game basis. You would think McClaren could work it out but he seems completely baffled. The players look baffled and a lot of them simply can't concentrate. It's as bas as I can remember. Even under Ollie you knew they would break a cycle but this group now look doomed and they really do look like they don't believe in what they are doing anymore.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024