Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager? 12:04 - Apr 1 with 73104 viewsBAWHoops

OK then, sensible discussion as to who you actually want as the next man in.

None of this David Wagner crap as lets be honest... he aint coming!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:06]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next manager? on 14:05 - Apr 3 with 3870 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 13:58 - Apr 3 by R_from_afar

I'm suprised Captain Pugwash hasn't been touting Dave(y) Jones.

Think about it....

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 3859 viewssimmo

The Barnsley manager (Stendel) looks the pick of those league one lads, they have a properly good defence, an average age of around 22 (I think), not lost a game at home and won 10 away games so far. If they don't go up I'm sure there will be a few clubs looking at him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Next manager? on 14:23 - Apr 3 with 3783 viewstimcocking

It's a cruel sport. Scowen's shot goes in off the bar, McClaren would probably still be in charge.

One thing is for sure, not one of us on this forum has any real idea about McClaren or Eustace. The players know, though. The reaction of the players i've heard comment so far would suggest the players consider it a mistake to have sacked him.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 14:26]
Next manager? on 14:31 - Apr 3 with 3757 viewsLongsufferingR

Next manager? on 14:23 - Apr 3 by timcocking

It's a cruel sport. Scowen's shot goes in off the bar, McClaren would probably still be in charge.

One thing is for sure, not one of us on this forum has any real idea about McClaren or Eustace. The players know, though. The reaction of the players i've heard comment so far would suggest the players consider it a mistake to have sacked him.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 14:26]

Fair points but the responsibility also lies with the players, so it's a bit rich for them to say it's a mistake to get rid when their performances weren't good enough under him.
Next manager? on 15:07 - Apr 3 with 3653 viewsAntti_Heinola

Generally speaking, players who are picked like the manager picking them. Players not being picked do not like the same manager. Also, throughout his career players have liked McClaren and enjoyed his training sessions - Man U players say it, England players say it. But that doesn't make the decisions to sack him wrong.

Bare bones.

Next manager? on 15:33 - Apr 3 with 3584 viewsPinnerPaul

Next manager? on 15:07 - Apr 3 by Antti_Heinola

Generally speaking, players who are picked like the manager picking them. Players not being picked do not like the same manager. Also, throughout his career players have liked McClaren and enjoyed his training sessions - Man U players say it, England players say it. But that doesn't make the decisions to sack him wrong.

Hmmmmm - so the players respecting him and enjoying working with him shouldn't be taken into account?

I think it should, massively - its a big gamble to me - players could easily down tools for new bloke(s)
Next manager? on 15:42 - Apr 3 with 3549 viewsNed_Kennedys

Next manager? on 15:33 - Apr 3 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmmm - so the players respecting him and enjoying working with him shouldn't be taken into account?

I think it should, massively - its a big gamble to me - players could easily down tools for new bloke(s)

Of course it shouldn't be taken into account by the owners when deciding whether to sack him: if they liked him that much they should've tried a bit harder on the pitch.

And which players do you think will 'down tools' for the new manager? They should be the first out of the door.
Next manager? on 16:33 - Apr 3 with 3454 viewsCFW

Next manager? on 15:07 - Apr 3 by Antti_Heinola

Your point Antti is perfectly sound and understandable. I know this is possibly going against the grain but I actually thought SM was ok and I did not want him gone. No one really moaned about the players he bought in - in fact many posters were saying what a great loan window with Wells etc. After a very bad start we had a settled side, had a great run, just off the playoffs and playing some good stuff. Losing Rangel and Cameron kind of took the wind out of our sails then players like Lynch, Wells, Pav to name just a few had massive dips in form.

We did have some awful luck but let's not forget a lot of our poor results were down to individual errors. We could, and perhaps should have at least 12 more points than we currently have had things gone our way.

Having said that as we all know it is a results business and on that basis it was always going to be difficult for him to stay in his job. I kind of guess what I am saying is the blame is just not at his door and players should take a good look at themselves.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager? on 16:35 - Apr 3 with 3450 viewsAntti_Heinola

not what i meant really. Am sure they are being honest. But I'm also sure that had they been never or rarely picked they woudn't say what they said. Not a criticism really - anyone who's a footballer just wants to play (barring a few notable examples!).

Bare bones.

Next manager? on 17:18 - Apr 3 with 3341 viewsLblock

What I don’t get...

Any new incumbent has limited options to “freshen things up” as the most recent bunch of idiots loaned all the youth out and released everyone else for free.
It’s going to be a case of meet the new boss, same as the old boss isn’t it?

The club has said this was done with an eye on planning for next season. How can anyone possibly do that when they don’t know what level we’ll be playing at (and probably won’t for at least two or three weeks) plus, as above, most of the players for next season are currently out on loan.

I do agree plans for next season should be in place and even ahead of now. Plan A and B should be on the table with targets identified and squad shape, budget etc, etc rubber stamped.
It’s for these reasons I’ll never fly Air Asia..... it worries me!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Next manager? on 17:40 - Apr 3 with 3267 viewssimmo

Down tools? Based on Saturday, would we notice?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Next manager? on 18:25 - Apr 3 with 3166 viewsDejR_vu

Next manager? on 17:40 - Apr 3 by simmo

We might win 0 instead of 1 of the next 15.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Next manager? on 18:46 - Apr 3 with 3115 viewsNorthernr

Next manager? on 17:40 - Apr 3 by simmo

I was going to say, how much downer to tools get?
Next manager? on 18:50 - Apr 3 with 3096 viewsrichranger

For what it's worth, Paul Warne has been 'linked' with the manager's job. Is now 2nd favourite on Skybet.

Would be a reasonable choice - but surely wouldn't come until the end of the season?
Next manager? on 19:23 - Apr 3 with 3043 viewsitsbiga

Surely Warne is crap?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Next manager? on 19:46 - Apr 3 with 3019 viewsStreathamRanger

Next manager? on 18:50 - Apr 3 by richranger

For what it's worth, Paul Warne has been 'linked' with the manager's job. Is now 2nd favourite on Skybet.

Would be a reasonable choice - but surely wouldn't come until the end of the season?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/19/rotherham-

This is an interesting read. Sounds like a decent bloke. A lot more humble than bloody Tim Sherwood
Next manager? on 19:48 - Apr 3 with 3016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next manager? on 18:50 - Apr 3 by richranger

Former manager of Diss Town
Next manager? on 22:13 - Apr 3 with 2878 viewsessextaxiboy

I am considering backing Bowyer .. He may turn out to be a young Warnock , hated by everyone and thought a bit of a prat . Till he rocks up at your club and sorts it out ...
Next manager? on 09:01 - Apr 4 with 2723 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Next manager? on 09:08 - Apr 4 with 2710 viewsterryb

Just go & ask MK Dons how much compensation they would want for Paul Tisdale. He has been my choice for at least the past three appointments & probably will be for the next two!

Since Tune Group took control we have only once employed a manager that was currently working as a First Team Manager (JFH), although Chris Ramsey was still in the game. Please can't we move away from only those that have been recently dismissed from other clubs. That limits the quality & the quantity of those available.

Mind you, I wouldn't be upset with Paul Warne if we didn't have Tisdale.
Next manager? on 09:12 - Apr 4 with 2700 viewsMick_S

Next manager? on 19:48 - Apr 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Former manager of Diss Town

Look at them!

Is Diss Town some kind of boy band?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Next manager? on 10:45 - Apr 4 with 2584 viewsaston_hoop

Next manager? on 13:45 - Apr 2 by BuckR

Just go and get Dortmund's reserve team manager. That seems to work. Sorted, youre welcome

For me, this is the only way to success. He looks like the kind of bloke who'd get you promoted while playing attractive football. Look out for him rocking up at someone like Derby before the end of next season!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next manager? on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 2544 viewsDean

Update on Bowyer:

He's had no contact or discussions with QPR, he's flattered by the interest. Charlton this week have offered him a new contract but it was a lower offer than he wants. Mate gets the feeling he would leave for QPR but at the end of the season.
Next manager? on 11:59 - Apr 4 with 2499 viewsDean

Oh and apparently the job is Sherwoods.

Most important managerial appointment in years, fans already disillusioned as to where the club is heading, proposed un-needed new stadium with the threat of League One even closer next season once Freeman / Eze are sold, FFP hangover, so with all that in mind and a list of candidates already uninspiring, the club are seemingly going to plonk for the man who's credentials extend to being great mates with Ferdinand & Ramsey. Oh and who wears a gillet and refers to himself in the third person.

I despair sometimes I really do.
Next manager? on 12:01 - Apr 4 with 2491 viewsNorthernr

Next manager? on 11:12 - Apr 4 by Dean

Update on Bowyer:

He's had no contact or discussions with QPR, he's flattered by the interest. Charlton this week have offered him a new contract but it was a lower offer than he wants. Mate gets the feeling he would leave for QPR but at the end of the season.

That contract line confirms what I think about him and Appleton being so heavily linked - a couple of agents at work. In Bowyer's case to get him a better deal where he is and in Appleton's to make it clear he's up for Championship jobs this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024