Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 08:20 - Oct 8 with 8702 viewsRblockPrior

Read a few bits and pieces this morning which says that West Ham are hoping to sell Hugill this January, surely with our year loan agreement that can't happen? Or at least the club buying him can't have him until the end of the season?

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Hugill on 13:06 - Oct 8 with 2553 viewsswisscottage

Hugill on 11:50 - Oct 8 by LazyFan

He can be recalled in Jan, at which point they can sell him to the highest bidder.
His wages must be high, Wet Spam will know it is far higher than QPR can ever afford. Therefore they know we shall never buy him.

Thus whiles hes on form, Wet Spam will see if someone else will take a punt on him and his high wages. So, they put it about he's available as they clearly do not fancy him and would prefer to get a fee and his full wages off the books.

Also, this probably means we are not paying all or even a large part of his wages, hence their desire to get rid. Unless he starts scoring every game from here to Jan, I suspect that no one will pay it and we shall have him for the rest of the year.

I am more worried some other club comes in for Wells. As not only is he on form goal scoring-wise, but he also seems to have a great pass on him. This for me puts him ahead of Hugnill and he is probably cheaper on wages and fee.

Wells is the real risk.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Once January comes round, Wells is free to negotiate with clubs regarding the following season.

He's under no obligation to to move anywhere in the meantime.
Hugill on 13:17 - Oct 8 with 2503 viewskensalriser

Hugill on 13:03 - Oct 8 by smegma

Bloke in the cafe ???

Must be true then.

No I think this is right, I've met the same guy. What's his name now, Joe, I think. Yeah, that's it, Joe king.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 2501 viewsEastR

So we have speculation about whether he might be recalled. Compounded by further speculation about whether he can be or not

So what if he will be/can be/won't be/maybe/ifs/buts/and my auntie's got b8llocks

We'll just replace him

In MW we trust (how long since we've been able to say that!)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Hugill on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 2451 viewsEsox_Lucius

We will have Smyth back at some point and if we can't afford/ don't want Hugill I would trust MW to alter our style to suit two small pacy players up front if necessary.

The grass is always greener.

Hugill on 13:55 - Oct 8 with 2408 viewsWokingR

Hugill on 13:19 - Oct 8 by EastR

So we have speculation about whether he might be recalled. Compounded by further speculation about whether he can be or not

So what if he will be/can be/won't be/maybe/ifs/buts/and my auntie's got b8llocks

We'll just replace him

In MW we trust (how long since we've been able to say that!)

We've never been able to say that.
This is the first time we've had MW as manager
Hugill on 14:21 - Oct 8 with 2356 viewsEastR

Hugill on 13:55 - Oct 8 by WokingR

We've never been able to say that.
This is the first time we've had MW as manager

the naughty step for you Woking, and that reading material under your bed is confiscated forthwith!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Hugill on 16:16 - Oct 8 with 2248 viewsRog

These bits and pieces you read, were they from footballleagueworld by any chance?

Sighs loudly
Hugill on 16:41 - Oct 8 with 2206 viewsenfieldargh

Hugill on 10:59 - Oct 8 by WestbourneR

This is laughable. A whole raft of our players are on considerably more than £2.5K a week.

He was deadly serious and so in the know and I didnt have the heart to tell him what utter tosh he was spouting plus i was trying to enjoy my sausages.

There only one true cafe for LR.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Hugill on 16:47 - Oct 8 with 2187 viewsRblockPrior

Hugill on 16:16 - Oct 8 by Rog

These bits and pieces you read, were they from footballleagueworld by any chance?

Sighs loudly

No transfer tavern- https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/championship/qpr/qpr-on-loan-jordan-hugil

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Hugill on 17:06 - Oct 8 with 2148 viewsbosh67

He's on a 4.5 year deal at West Ham with 3 years left to run after this loan. If he gets 20 goals for us this season West Ham may recover their money by selling him on. I doubt if they sell him in Jan they would recover that, even if he's scored 10+ goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill on 17:11 - Oct 8 with 2142 viewsLazyFan

Hugill on 12:58 - Oct 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, Lazyfan.

Your post seems at odds with Sean Gallagher's tweet.

Is it that you think he's saying that there is no recall until January, or that you think he's saying no recall all season but that he's mistaken?

I am saying he is mistaken as usually, a Club can recall loans in Jan. Clubs usually always have this option in case a bid comes in as it is pretty standard.

I am sure there is an exceptional example of against this. But I have not seen it. Happy to take past historical empirical data for an example (not conjecture of the current xfer market which we know always changes anyway), but I have not even seen one exception yet and that would be against the norm anyway.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 17:17]

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill on 17:15 - Oct 8 with 2136 viewsLazyFan

Hugill on 13:06 - Oct 8 by swisscottage

Once January comes round, Wells is free to negotiate with clubs regarding the following season.

He's under no obligation to to move anywhere in the meantime.

Agreed, players can see out their contracts and refuse to move.

But the increased risk I was eluding too, was that a bigger club comes in for him as hes playing very well and scoring as well. And of the two he IMHO is better and possibly cheaper on both aspects of wage and fee. Hence for me, the risk of him moving in Jan is higher than Hugnill.

Sure there is always a risk, but the risk has increased the better they play!
My point is don't be surprised if we lose them, as if they keep this up I would be more surprised if they stayed the full season.

However, it could be no one comes in for any of them and they both stay :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 2114 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 17:11 - Oct 8 by LazyFan

I am saying he is mistaken as usually, a Club can recall loans in Jan. Clubs usually always have this option in case a bid comes in as it is pretty standard.

I am sure there is an exceptional example of against this. But I have not seen it. Happy to take past historical empirical data for an example (not conjecture of the current xfer market which we know always changes anyway), but I have not even seen one exception yet and that would be against the norm anyway.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 17:17]

Ok, I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugill on 18:01 - Oct 8 with 2047 viewsfrancisbowles

If there is a call back option in the agreement, he can be recalled.

If there isn't, he can't. (Would be fairly unusual and surprising)
Hugill on 18:07 - Oct 8 with 2035 viewsPinnerPaul

2 pages debating the unknown - pretty impressive
Hugill on 19:30 - Oct 8 with 1949 viewsactonman

would He be available for the play offs ?
Hugill on 19:59 - Oct 8 with 1915 viewskensalriser

Hugill on 18:07 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

Two pages is nothing. We can debate the unknown indefinitely. Or until everyone gets bored.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill on 20:49 - Oct 8 with 1864 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hugill on 17:15 - Oct 8 by LazyFan

Agreed, players can see out their contracts and refuse to move.

But the increased risk I was eluding too, was that a bigger club comes in for him as hes playing very well and scoring as well. And of the two he IMHO is better and possibly cheaper on both aspects of wage and fee. Hence for me, the risk of him moving in Jan is higher than Hugnill.

Sure there is always a risk, but the risk has increased the better they play!
My point is don't be surprised if we lose them, as if they keep this up I would be more surprised if they stayed the full season.

However, it could be no one comes in for any of them and they both stay :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe not...

The grass is always greener.

Hugill on 21:18 - Oct 8 with 1834 viewsdistortR

Hugill on 19:30 - Oct 8 by actonman

would He be available for the play offs ?

sub at most, Remy is nailed on to start
Hugill on 22:47 - Oct 8 with 1743 viewsLongsufferingR

Just a thought. Does a no deal Brexit make it more or less likely that Hugill is sold in January?
Hugill on 23:51 - Oct 8 with 1704 viewsMiss_Terraces

Surely debating the known is more impressive. After all we all agree, so there is no natural debate

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Hugill on 00:54 - Oct 9 with 1675 viewsBoston

Hugill on 13:17 - Oct 8 by kensalriser

No I think this is right, I've met the same guy. What's his name now, Joe, I think. Yeah, that's it, Joe king.

Joe Kingnear, Spurs & general know all legend.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hugill on 00:55 - Oct 9 with 1676 viewsSydneyRs

I'm sure the brexit thread was longer.
Hugill on 07:53 - Oct 9 with 1551 viewsjonno

I think one thing we all need to get used to is that in our current situation we won't have much of a say as a Club over what players we keep or lose, that will be dictated by finances and other clubs I'm afraid so we need to get used to that happening sometimes.
Hugill on 09:24 - Oct 9 with 1473 viewsrunningman75

I am sure a little £5 million bid will be fine when we get £20 million for Eze
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024