Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 62049 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 15:11 - Jan 29 with 3781 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 11:53 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

The structures is all well and good but it's his eye that's special, you can't teach that.

P**sed off he's gone, I sometimes feel Les wants to be in charge of recruitment and feels threatened when he's not got total control. But the issue is... Peno seems to have a far better knack for spotting raw talent than Les

If I had to speculate, I would say MW has more previous for wanting to control recruitment than Les does.

Now we're not building foundations at short notice this summer should be very illuminating as far as who's singing who's tune strategy-wise.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 15:12]
Wells off? on 19:38 - Jan 29 with 3422 viewsBakes

Close to signing for Bristol and scoring against us on Saturday

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-nahki-wells-bristol-city-burnle

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Wells off? on 19:39 - Jan 29 with 3418 viewsbosh67

Wells off? on 19:38 - Jan 29 by Bakes

Close to signing for Bristol and scoring against us on Saturday

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-nahki-wells-bristol-city-burnle

This is of course typical.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 19:40 - Jan 29 with 3414 viewsGloucs_R

Wells off? on 19:39 - Jan 29 by bosh67

This is of course typical.

He'll miss a last minute penalty at least 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 19:44 - Jan 29 with 3380 viewsbosh67

Wells off? on 19:40 - Jan 29 by Gloucs_R

He'll miss a last minute penalty at least 😁

Only for BOS to fire in the rebound when City sign him as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 20:05 - Jan 29 with 3317 viewsQPR_John

"......... but are restricted by Financial Fair Play rules."

If true then we might as well all pack up as it can only mean we will always be restricted by FFP unless we can increase the income stream.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 20:06]
Wells off? on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 3258 viewsCincyHoop

Just imagine the in form Wells going up against our back 4. This could get ugly, in a hurry.
Wells off? on 21:22 - Jan 29 with 3079 viewsVancouverHoop

Wells off? on 20:24 - Jan 29 by CincyHoop

Just imagine the in form Wells going up against our back 4. This could get ugly, in a hurry.

Not sure. It took him several games to find his feet for us. It's unusual for a striker to start popping goals in for a new club right away, they have to get used to their team-mates. Also, our defenders will be used to Wells's tendencies. Doesn't mean they'll be able to stop him, but they might be able to anticipate what he's trying to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Wells off? on 01:54 - Jan 30 with 3004 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Does anyone know if Nahki Wells watched us play at Blackburn as was reported on Twitter?
Wells off? on 06:30 - Jan 30 with 2839 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This thread is hilarious. He was getting panned in December for not scoring in 8!
Wells off? on 07:04 - Jan 30 with 2785 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wells off? on 06:30 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

This thread is hilarious. He was getting panned in December for not scoring in 8!

The fickleness laid bare eh!

I think both Hugill and Wells hadn't scored in 8 back then.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 8:10]
Wells off? on 08:46 - Jan 30 with 2648 viewsmakaveli1882

Medical today just under 4 mil.

Saturday will be fun when he comes of the bench.
Wells off? on 08:50 - Jan 30 with 2635 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Isn't there a cut-off time when he has to be signed by so he is available for Saturday or not?
If it's all done and dusted today, which is possible, then I assume he is available but if it drags on to tomorrow then maybe he isn't registered in time? Possibly midday?
Again clutching at straws that he doesn't belt a goal (or 3) against us.....
Wells off? on 09:18 - Jan 30 with 2553 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wells off? on 08:46 - Jan 30 by makaveli1882

Medical today just under 4 mil.

Saturday will be fun when he comes of the bench.

if they have trule paid £4m for a player out of contract in the summer, the club have done well to keep well out of it - absolutely ludicrous fee. Cannot believe it's even close to that.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 09:23 - Jan 30 with 2537 viewsHayesender

Wells off? on 09:18 - Jan 30 by Antti_Heinola

if they have trule paid £4m for a player out of contract in the summer, the club have done well to keep well out of it - absolutely ludicrous fee. Cannot believe it's even close to that.

Bristol City are using Josh Brownhill as part of the deal.

Seriously though, are we the only championship club that has to abide by the FFP rules?

All the other championship clubs seem to just carry on sticking two fingers up at the FL and getting away with it!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 09:26 - Jan 30 with 2519 viewssdm19994

laughable that we're in a stage now that our fans are happy keeping away from re-singing our top goalscorer for 3.5 million.

1 striker on our books and Well's replacement will now be a 17 year old from spurs on loan.

Seeing spurs fans calling us their B team and it makes me feel ill.
Wells off? on 09:29 - Jan 30 with 2507 viewsRblockPrior

Sad day when when we can't sign our top goalscorer for 3.5m and Bristol City can. Especially when that player seemed to be very happy to stay with us.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Wells off? on 09:38 - Jan 30 with 2462 viewsmakaveli1882

In play offs and 6 points of 2nd, think its a good risk for Bristol City and the player to take.
Wells off? on 09:48 - Jan 30 with 2396 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wells off? on 09:29 - Jan 30 by RblockPrior

Sad day when when we can't sign our top goalscorer for 3.5m and Bristol City can. Especially when that player seemed to be very happy to stay with us.

Not happy enough to take a pay cut though I would wager.
Wells off? on 09:49 - Jan 30 with 2391 viewsBklynRanger

Not sure if the stats bear this out but Hugill seems to play better for us when he has a consistent run in the team. Which he's now more likely to get I suppose.

Bit of a bastard to loose Nakhi, no doubt about that.
Wells off? on 09:49 - Jan 30 with 2389 viewsfrancisbowles

Wells off? on 20:05 - Jan 29 by QPR_John

"......... but are restricted by Financial Fair Play rules."

If true then we might as well all pack up as it can only mean we will always be restricted by FFP unless we can increase the income stream.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 20:06]

it can only mean we will always be restricted by FFP unless we can increase the income stream.

Yes, absolutely correct.
Wells off? on 09:51 - Jan 30 with 2378 viewsBostonR

Wells off? on 09:23 - Jan 30 by Hayesender

Bristol City are using Josh Brownhill as part of the deal.

Seriously though, are we the only championship club that has to abide by the FFP rules?

All the other championship clubs seem to just carry on sticking two fingers up at the FL and getting away with it!

I don't like FFP - if an owner wants to blow his fortune on a footy club well off you go.

However, it is in place and as I understand it, quite a few Championship clubs are going to be hit very shortly with fines and points deductions. For me, it is about getting into next season where we could ride on the back of other clubs self-inflicted pain.
Wells off? on 10:06 - Jan 30 with 2297 viewscyprusmel

Wells off? on 09:51 - Jan 30 by BostonR

I don't like FFP - if an owner wants to blow his fortune on a footy club well off you go.

However, it is in place and as I understand it, quite a few Championship clubs are going to be hit very shortly with fines and points deductions. For me, it is about getting into next season where we could ride on the back of other clubs self-inflicted pain.

Notts Forest might be in the frame for an investigation if they are not promoted.
Signed another player today from Strasbourg, even if he's on a free they still have to pay his wages.
Wells off? on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 2277 viewsJeff

Wells off? on 09:29 - Jan 30 by RblockPrior

in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodija for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high.

Immediately breaking ranks and policy and spending the entirety of our transfer budget on a striker with zero resale value would show that we as a club have learned nothing and are only paying lip service to being sustainable.

I like Wells, we'll miss Wells, and if it was a straight choice between us and Brizzle, he'd pick us 11 times out of 10, but we have to hold firm on this.

Can we not knock it?

Wells off? on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 2260 viewsHooparoo

Wells off? on 10:09 - Jan 30 by Jeff

in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodija for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high.

Immediately breaking ranks and policy and spending the entirety of our transfer budget on a striker with zero resale value would show that we as a club have learned nothing and are only paying lip service to being sustainable.

I like Wells, we'll miss Wells, and if it was a straight choice between us and Brizzle, he'd pick us 11 times out of 10, but we have to hold firm on this.

Wise words. Agree with all that

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024