Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60922 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 19:56 - Jan 27 with 3542 viewsLblock

What I don't get.....

It was rolled out that we've paid a loan fee for these players start of the season and a chunk of their wages.
That was for a season long deal.

Assume we get a portion of that loan fee back or it was on a weekly retainer that we stop paying now?

Also..... IF he is out of Contract in 5 months time then we certainly shouldn't be bidding for him beyond a fee that Burnley will laugh at. I've said before that apart from risk of injury and possible promotion bonus and great weekly wage, he'd surely see the Contract out and get signing fee himself.

Who knows..... football is mad scummy world.... look at Erickson leaving a club he clearly wants away from with 6 months left on his deal but Spuds getting £15mill for him. He still has no guarantee that the Milan players wont be sniffing around his wife allegedly!!!

I'm considering a blanket Sky ban this Friday while Jim White cums all over the screen. It's sickening

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wells off? on 21:14 - Jan 27 with 3376 viewsJuzzie

Wells off? on 19:31 - Jan 27 by The_Seer

Sheffield Wednesday draw Man City in the cup.

We wouldn’t have. We’d have been assigned a different ball number.
Wells off? on 21:26 - Jan 27 with 3338 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can Oteh be recalled?

Not a great record at Walsall and Bradford but then again he didn't have Eze, Chair, and BOS behind him there.

Throw him in the deep end I say while we fight it out between 16th and 8th.
Wells off? on 21:39 - Jan 27 with 3264 viewsCincyHoop

Wells off? on 21:26 - Jan 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can Oteh be recalled?

Not a great record at Walsall and Bradford but then again he didn't have Eze, Chair, and BOS behind him there.

Throw him in the deep end I say while we fight it out between 16th and 8th.

I agree 100% with recalling Oteh. What do we have to lose? Probably less than a 5% chance of going down, and a 5% chance of going up. Should we wind up in a situation where we end up in the playoffs, Hugill or Oteh probably banged in a shipload of goals.

If its Oteh scoring goals..absolutely fantastic, likely have our longer term option who is already settled in the first team squad. If he continues a run like he has had a Walsall or Bradford, well...at least we know what we have and we move on. But at least we probably have a much better indication of whether he can hack it at the championship level.
Wells off? on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 3184 viewspaulparker

Wells off? on 21:39 - Jan 27 by CincyHoop

I agree 100% with recalling Oteh. What do we have to lose? Probably less than a 5% chance of going down, and a 5% chance of going up. Should we wind up in a situation where we end up in the playoffs, Hugill or Oteh probably banged in a shipload of goals.

If its Oteh scoring goals..absolutely fantastic, likely have our longer term option who is already settled in the first team squad. If he continues a run like he has had a Walsall or Bradford, well...at least we know what we have and we move on. But at least we probably have a much better indication of whether he can hack it at the championship level.

How about recalling Smyth he is our player and could do with playing for us until the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wells off? on 22:02 - Jan 27 with 3179 viewsterryb

Wells off? on 21:14 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

We wouldn’t have. We’d have been assigned a different ball number.

No we wouldn't.

In the FA Cup your number is given from when you were drawn out in the previous round, which is why we were number two for the 4th round draw.

It is different in the League Cup as the number is allocated by alphabetical order.
Wells off? on 22:23 - Jan 27 with 3077 viewsozranger

What about Shankland? Now that we have some extra money in the bank (from the Scowen transfer) and a slightly lesser wage bill, do we make that move for the striker we chose not to owing to it being outside our price range?
Wells off? on 22:26 - Jan 27 with 3052 viewsdistortR

Wells off? on 22:23 - Jan 27 by ozranger

What about Shankland? Now that we have some extra money in the bank (from the Scowen transfer) and a slightly lesser wage bill, do we make that move for the striker we chose not to owing to it being outside our price range?

reading what Karl posted about the losses the dundee owner is prepared to make, i can't see him being within our price range.
Login to get fewer ads

Wells off? on 23:01 - Jan 27 with 2966 viewsNortholt_Rs

Wells off? on 12:22 - Jan 27 by Gloucs_R

Agree, he looked a little bit rusty on Saturday.

But with the Brighton lad heading back as well, it would seem, then we desperately need another striker now.

Hugill has scored half as many goals as Wells which is why he is staying and Nakhi is off. Relying on Hugill as our sole striker is a huge worry....
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 0:06]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Wells off? on 23:32 - Jan 27 with 2887 viewsLazyFan

Wells off? on 17:00 - Jan 27 by QPR_John

I think the whole episode sums up what football has become. Burnley do not want Wells but seemingly are asking £4M for him a price that for a Premier League team is money behind the sofa. Money money money. Good luck to the player if he can get a better deal elsewhere but Burnley are messing him about.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 17:01]

I would guess a lot of the £4m is to pay Wells current contract off so, that he signs somewhere else and they get him off the books.

As he will want more than just the entitled Wages, as his agent will claim whoever comes in for him is offering fewer wages then he will wildly claim he can get in the summer on a free as the competing clubs don't have to pay a transfer fee. Thus he will want more than he's entitled too overall, to sweeten the move now.

Sure, they will make some out of it. But mostly it will be to see him out of the door and off the books early. Brizzle are desperate so, will probably pay it. I dunno where he lives, but I assume it's West of Ealing and thus Brizzle is possible to commute too for him. But that is just a guess.

I am okay with the timing of this. I don't think we will implode and go down. We won't get into the playoffs either. Thus this will focus the board and the manager for rest of the season on bringing in a proper new perm striker and also lining up next seasons additional loan striker which won't be Hugill. And hopefully someone better.

In addition, we shall no doubt be looking to strengthen defence finally in the summer. And lining up replacements for Eze, BOS and Manning. That's the way it goes. Remember next season we clear away from the FFP 3-year cycle. We shall have a bit more to play with and more time to do it.

For me, it looks like Warbs has done the job.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Wells off? on 02:46 - Jan 28 with 2746 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Burnley and Southampton are reported to be interested in signing BOS with a valuation of around £8 million being touted. Could BOS be part of a deal to keep Wells at QPR and is this why Clarke has been brought in on loan?
Wells off? on 02:58 - Jan 28 with 2738 viewsNorthernr

Wells off? on 02:46 - Jan 28 by Benny_the_Ball

Burnley and Southampton are reported to be interested in signing BOS with a valuation of around £8 million being touted. Could BOS be part of a deal to keep Wells at QPR and is this why Clarke has been brought in on loan?

If so, none of that is a good deal for us. We lose a player for 8 who looks like he's going to be worth far more in the future, we gain a short term option approaching his 30th birthday, and we sticking plaster the gap it leaves with a kid who looks a million miles away on loan.
Wells off? on 09:58 - Jan 28 with 2515 viewsTGRRRSSS

Besides I think SPurs have long term plans for Clarke - £8m is not a great deal for us, we should bve able to hold for more and a decent sell on a la Sterling.
Wells off? on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 2442 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am hoping the Clarke deal is just to bring in a winger option as we really only have BOS and Pugh as out and out wingers. Hopefully it does not signal a departure.
Wells off? on 10:35 - Jan 28 with 2390 viewsjonno

Wells off? on 02:58 - Jan 28 by Northernr

If so, none of that is a good deal for us. We lose a player for 8 who looks like he's going to be worth far more in the future, we gain a short term option approaching his 30th birthday, and we sticking plaster the gap it leaves with a kid who looks a million miles away on loan.

Agreed.
Wells off? on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 2274 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has he gone yet?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wells off? on 11:14 - Jan 28 with 2240 viewsAntti_Heinola

I find it hard to believe any Prem club is going to pay big money for Bright off the back of two months of good performances. Maybe in the summer, not now.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 12:33 - Jan 28 with 2094 viewspaulparker

Wells off? on 11:14 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

I find it hard to believe any Prem club is going to pay big money for Bright off the back of two months of good performances. Maybe in the summer, not now.

If it’s 8 million then that’s a steal the lad from Brum is being touted as 20 million and he hasn’t even done his GCSES
Hugill will be the next one to get a move in the summer I can see a club paying 8 million for him
We are showcasing these players so other clubs get paid , it’s good in a way because clubs will gives us those players on loan on the flip side we are losing players every year and not getting any fees ourselves
We are becoming a feeder club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wells off? on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 1998 viewsstainrods_elbow

This - it'd be a triple whammy no-no. I'm pissed about the Wells situation, but to cash in on BOS now at that sort of money really would darken my disgust for the board. The Clarke deal makes no sense for me as it stands, which worries me in itself. If he's staying, I only hope Warbs can find a player in there somewhere.

I guess we'll know a lot more about the club's real intentions - rather than its propaganding to the fan base - when someone shuts off the draught from this transfer window/come the summer. If we have two of Eze, BOS and Wells on our books in 2020/21, I'll be relieved, but surprised - it could conceivably be zero!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wells off? on 13:12 - Jan 28 with 1941 viewsCincyHoop

Wells off? on 22:00 - Jan 27 by paulparker

How about recalling Smyth he is our player and could do with playing for us until the end of the season

Can't disagree with you paul. When he was with us he looked very useful, hopefully he is continuing to grow and progress under Gareth.

Seems as if he has been in and around the first team at Wycombe either starting or coming off the bench in most games.
Wells off? on 13:16 - Jan 28 with 1932 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wells off? on 13:12 - Jan 28 by CincyHoop

Can't disagree with you paul. When he was with us he looked very useful, hopefully he is continuing to grow and progress under Gareth.

Seems as if he has been in and around the first team at Wycombe either starting or coming off the bench in most games.

I don't think he has as he got an injury Sep/Oct time.
He seems to be playing more recently though.
Wells off? on 13:23 - Jan 28 with 1873 viewsCincyHoop

Wells off? on 13:16 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

I don't think he has as he got an injury Sep/Oct time.
He seems to be playing more recently though.

I did find it a tad interesting that when I went through the games back to November, I don't believe hes gone 90 min for them. Always seems to be subbed off when he starts.
Wells off? on 13:31 - Jan 28 with 1825 viewsjohncharles

Wells off? on 22:26 - Jan 27 by distortR

reading what Karl posted about the losses the dundee owner is prepared to make, i can't see him being within our price range.

Don’t know if don’t try

Strong and stable my arse.

Wells off? on 13:33 - Jan 28 with 1810 viewsjohncharles

Wells off? on 22:23 - Jan 27 by ozranger

We should at least try. What I’ve seen and heard of him he’s the real deal. Won’t get a chance again.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wells off? on 14:06 - Jan 28 with 1678 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 13:33 - Jan 28 by johncharles

We should at least try. What I’ve seen and heard of him he’s the real deal. Won’t get a chance again.

You simply can't tell a real deal in the Scottish second division. And the suggestion is they want over £2m for him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stoke-city-t

Disciplined Brentford are reportedly back in for Lyle Taylor (same age and expiring contract situation as Wells) incidentally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024