Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Parrot 17:57 - Jan 27 with 13937 viewsGloucs_R

I'm not sure what football insider is like but they are claiming to have an exclusive that we have made a move for Spurs young forward Troy Parrott

He's only 17 🤪
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 17:58]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Troy Parrot on 16:30 - Jan 28 with 2177 viewsAntti_Heinola

Troy Parrot on 15:58 - Jan 28 by RblockPrior

My bigger worry is the signal this gives out to some of our youngsters who have been overlooked and have seen Clarke come in who imo was shocking on Friday and now a 17 year old unproven striker who will get a big shock when some of those big championship defenders get hold of him

or maybe they look at Lumley, Furlong, Chair, Eze, Bright and Manning and think 'well, there's a load of players who have made it from the U23s into the first team over the last 2-3 years - if you're good enough, you'll make it.'

Bare bones.

Troy Parrot on 16:35 - Jan 28 with 2136 viewsJeff

Troy Parrot on 16:30 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

or maybe they look at Lumley, Furlong, Chair, Eze, Bright and Manning and think 'well, there's a load of players who have made it from the U23s into the first team over the last 2-3 years - if you're good enough, you'll make it.'

there was even a ridiculous puff piece in one of the red tops about just how many 'academy players' had made an appearance for us.

it was an error strewn piece, but if they're writing anything at all it means that people in general are taking note of what we're doing in our youth setup, so the players who are in it day in day out will be well aware of the pathways to progression or whatever that ridiculous phrase is...

Can we not knock it?

Troy Parrot on 16:40 - Jan 28 with 2088 viewsPinnerPaul

Troy Parrot on 16:30 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Harry Kane never really impressed on loan and neither did Andros Townsend , Wilfred Zaha but when they got a run at their clubs or were more settled they became good players
Now is the time to play lads like smyth & oteh , we have nothing to play for now I really don’t see why we are playing a spurs youth player instead of our own

Townsend was pretty good for us ,as was Walker - as have been loads of players on loan.

To say all loans are good or bad is pretty silly, its like saying all permanent deals are good or bad.

Some are, some are not.

All clubs loan players loan players in and out - don't think we are particularly good or bad at it - like most other clubs in fact!
Troy Parrot on 16:45 - Jan 28 with 2064 viewsBuckR

Troy Parrot on 16:09 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

How is it baffling?
One loan striker out and another in.

You don't think getting a lad in, whos never started a competitive game, to come and play second or even third fiddle to Hugill over just playing one of our own and probaly paying for the privilege is baffling?
Troy Parrot on 16:48 - Jan 28 with 2047 viewsdolcelatte

Harry Kane never really impressed on loan and neither did Andros Townsend , Wilfred Zaha but when they got a run at their clubs or were more settled they became good players
Now is the time to play lads like smyth & oteh , we have nothing to play for now I really don’t see why we are playing a spurs youth player instead of our own

Taarabt wasn't too shabby on loan...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Troy Parrot on 16:52 - Jan 28 with 2014 viewsJeff

Troy Parrot on 16:45 - Jan 28 by BuckR

You don't think getting a lad in, whos never started a competitive game, to come and play second or even third fiddle to Hugill over just playing one of our own and probaly paying for the privilege is baffling?

A counter point if I may - you don't think that recalling Smyth / Oteh from their respective loans, where they may play another 20 or so times before the end of the season, and sitting them on our bench to just make an occasional sub appearance is also baffling?

Can we not knock it?

Troy Parrot on 16:54 - Jan 28 with 2001 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Troy Parrot on 16:45 - Jan 28 by BuckR

If we lose Wells, we need a replacement. If we can't get Smyth back or there is no suitable youth player capable of stepping up then I don't see the problem in loaning a highly rated youngster. I would guess the loan fee/wages will be a lot less than the Wells equivalent.

We have done far more baffling things than that.
Troy Parrot on 17:00 - Jan 28 with 1965 viewsqpr1976

I’d suggest Townsend did rather well when on loan with us.
Didn’t he make his international debut shortly after leaving us ?
Login to get fewer ads

Troy Parrot on 17:15 - Jan 28 with 1884 viewsfrancisbowles

Albeit a slim chance but we are close enough not to write off the season yet.
Troy Parrot on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 1856 viewsqprxtc

I thought they’d have learnt their lesson after the horse.
Troy Parrot on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 1821 viewsBuckR

Troy Parrot on 16:52 - Jan 28 by Jeff

A counter point if I may - you don't think that recalling Smyth / Oteh from their respective loans, where they may play another 20 or so times before the end of the season, and sitting them on our bench to just make an occasional sub appearance is also baffling?

Playing is one thing - but if they're not being used correctly or in teams that compliment them then whats the point? This seems to be the case for Oteh.
Troy Parrot on 17:44 - Jan 28 with 1757 viewssmegma

Troy Parrot on 14:28 - Jan 28 by PinnerPaul

Haven't seen any quotes from the club moaning and groaning about Wells, plenty on here, but then we moan and groan about EVERYTHING!

That's what I thought. More 'fake news' ??
Troy Parrot on 17:55 - Jan 28 with 1710 viewssmegma

Troy Parrot on 13:53 - Jan 28 by Lblock

This is confirmed.

Our Lancashire mates were being chastised behind the scenes via the exec boxes

Confirmed by who???
Troy Parrot on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 1666 viewssmegma

Troy Parrot on 16:35 - Jan 28 by Jeff

there was even a ridiculous puff piece in one of the red tops about just how many 'academy players' had made an appearance for us.

it was an error strewn piece, but if they're writing anything at all it means that people in general are taking note of what we're doing in our youth setup, so the players who are in it day in day out will be well aware of the pathways to progression or whatever that ridiculous phrase is...

This article I guess. Yes it's poorly written and full of errors but it makes a good point.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10803565/qpr-academy-dalling-paul-hall/
Troy Parrot on 18:31 - Jan 28 with 1535 viewsR_from_afar

Troy Parrot on 16:21 - Jan 28 by smegma

Smyth has hardly kicked a ball in the last 4-5 months
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 17:47]

Well, unfortunately, to quote the player himself (January 2020 interview with him on the WWFC website), he has been out injured "for two and a half months".

All told this season, he has still made 8 starts for them and come on from the bench a further 8 times.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Troy Parrot on 18:56 - Jan 28 with 1454 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Troy Parrot on 16:30 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

Conor Masterson and Shodipo in the squad tonight.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Troy Parrot on 19:29 - Jan 28 with 1363 viewsDejR_vu

PP, we’re eight points off the play-offs with almost half a season to go. I’d say there’s everything to play for.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Troy Parrot on 19:52 - Jan 28 with 1301 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Troy Parrot on 17:55 - Jan 28 by smegma

Confirmed by who???

By L Block
Troy Parrot on 20:33 - Jan 28 with 1250 viewsHooparoo

Troy Parrot on 19:52 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

By L Block

Polly wants a cracker

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Troy Parrot on 20:59 - Jan 28 with 1200 viewsqprnaas

This lad is meant to be the future of irelands strikeforce... our best new talent since robbie keane... if hes as good as he is being billed in ireland, this is a great opportunity for us and for him... no brainer
Troy Parrot (n/t) on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 1164 viewsderbyhoop

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Troy Parrot on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 1153 viewsderbyhoop

Neither Oteh nor Smyth have impressed in their current loans. Admitedly, Smyth spent a good while injured.
As well as developing players by getting them to play games, it is also a way of finding out they are not good enough. The latter may be the case for both.

My guess is that Troy Parrott is a long way ahead of the above 2. Or any other youngster at the club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Troy Parrot on 21:54 - Jan 28 with 1074 viewsdaveB

Whether it's Parrot, Wells or someone else they are going to need to get another striker in this week. I think buying one is unlikely until the summer.

I'd get Smyth back but imagine that is unlikely to happen, not too fussed about Oteh as not sure he would get many games.
Troy Parrot on 22:00 - Jan 28 with 1042 viewsGloucs_R

Troy Parrot on 21:54 - Jan 28 by daveB

Whether it's Parrot, Wells or someone else they are going to need to get another striker in this week. I think buying one is unlikely until the summer.

I'd get Smyth back but imagine that is unlikely to happen, not too fussed about Oteh as not sure he would get many games.

Work Mlakar seemingly gone. We need another loan and Smyth back imo.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Troy Parrot on 02:10 - Jan 29 with 920 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Troy Parrot on 19:29 - Jan 28 by DejR_vu

PP, we’re eight points off the play-offs with almost half a season to go. I’d say there’s everything to play for.

We're also well short of the points total required to stay up. Definitely everything to play for and certainly not quite time to experiment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024