Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Infighting 10:07 - Mar 10 with 5360 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good time to play them I reckon. Looks like things not all rosy at the Valley...

Charlton Infighting on 10:10 - Mar 10 with 3252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton were always one of my pet teams but it's hard to like a team managed by Bowyer.

Then again, we had Redknapp and Hughes...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlton Infighting on 10:20 - Mar 10 with 3211 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlton Infighting on 10:10 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Charlton were always one of my pet teams but it's hard to like a team managed by Bowyer.

A lot my family are big Charlton fans as my Uncle was heavily involved during the Peacock and Curbishley years. I hope it works out for them, but after next Tuesday.
Charlton Infighting on 10:22 - Mar 10 with 3195 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton Infighting on 10:20 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

A lot my family are big Charlton fans as my Uncle was heavily involved during the Peacock and Curbishley years. I hope it works out for them, but after next Tuesday.

Ya, I really liked that era. Their recruiting was good, they played with style and unity and always with spirit.

Charlton Infighting on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 3162 viewsTheChef

Much as we moan about Fernandes and the rest of them, you know that if they ever sold up, we'd up with an owner who had a company called Panorama Magic General Contracting LLC. Or something like that.

Better the devil you know, etc.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Charlton Infighting on 10:33 - Mar 10 with 3129 viewsfrancisbowles

This is the new owner, majority shareholder, attacking the executive chairman who had tried to buy the club. The new owner has now resigned from the board!

He only took over in January! Wtf is going on?
Charlton Infighting on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 3117 viewssmegma

Charlton Infighting on 10:10 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Bowyer has done a good job. Was treated like crap a year ago but they eventually gave him a contract. Ive had a soft spot for Charlton as it was one of the first grounds I ever went to ( second or third I think)

This 'majority shareholder' seems like a Briatore type character. I wouldn't wish him on my worse enemy.
Charlton Infighting on 10:38 - Mar 10 with 3096 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlton Infighting on 10:33 - Mar 10 by francisbowles

This is the new owner, majority shareholder, attacking the executive chairman who had tried to buy the club. The new owner has now resigned from the board!

Egotistical Billionaire shitbags arguing over something that doesn’t belong to them is what is going on.
Charlton Infighting on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 3062 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton Infighting on 10:36 - Mar 10 by smegma

Bowyer has done a good job. Was treated like crap a year ago but they eventually gave him a contract. Ive had a soft spot for Charlton as it was one of the first grounds I ever went to ( second or third I think)

This 'majority shareholder' seems like a Briatore type character. I wouldn't wish him on my worse enemy.

Ya, he's done well.

Just don't like him!

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Infighting on 10:44 - Mar 10 with 3052 viewsstowmarketrange

Charlton Infighting on 10:33 - Mar 10 by francisbowles

Cue more tennis ball protests on Tuesday then.
Charlton Infighting on 10:45 - Mar 10 with 3045 viewssmegma

Charlton Infighting on 10:43 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, he's done well.

Just don't like him!

As a player perhaps?? He has surprised me as a manager. He seems so calm during games and speaking after the match. Unlike that caaaant at Fleetwood.
Charlton Infighting on 10:48 - Mar 10 with 3031 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlton Infighting on 10:45 - Mar 10 by smegma

As a player perhaps?? He has surprised me as a manager. He seems so calm during games and speaking after the match. Unlike that caaaant at Fleetwood.

Reformed character?
Charlton Infighting on 10:49 - Mar 10 with 3023 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlton Infighting on 10:38 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Egotistical Billionaire shitbags arguing over something that doesn’t belong to them is what is going on.

Yes, money talks eh!
Charlton Infighting on 10:54 - Mar 10 with 2984 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton Infighting on 10:45 - Mar 10 by smegma

Didn't like his past behavioural problems off the field, Smegma. Distasteful.

I hope he's changed.

Charlton Infighting on 10:54 - Mar 10 with 2981 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton Infighting on 10:48 - Mar 10 by francisbowles

Reformed character?

Let's hope so.

Charlton Infighting on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 2911 viewsNorthernr

Another great success for the EFL's fit and proper owner test.
Charlton Infighting on 11:51 - Mar 10 with 2700 viewskensalriser

The thing is, if there were a fit and proper person test that most of us agreed was an effective one nobody would ever pass it. Football is the last thing that competent business people of sound mind would want to be involved in. The only people who want to own football clubs now are egomaniacs and lunatics with dodgy money, kleptocrats, criminals and sovereign wealth funds from regimes with long rap sheets for human rights abuses.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlton Infighting on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 2638 viewsMatch82

Charlton Infighting on 11:51 - Mar 10 by kensalriser

The thing is, if there were a fit and proper person test that most of us agreed was an effective one nobody would ever pass it. Football is the last thing that competent business people of sound mind would want to be involved in. The only people who want to own football clubs now are egomaniacs and lunatics with dodgy money, kleptocrats, criminals and sovereign wealth funds from regimes with long rap sheets for human rights abuses.

Well yes, but if the fit and proper person rest had been reasonable, and applied for the last couple of decades, then football clubs would be "affordable" for people who were merely rich, rather than just those who need to be rich egomanicial lunatics.
Charlton Infighting on 12:09 - Mar 10 with 2606 viewsrsonist

Charlton Infighting on 11:03 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Another great success for the EFL's fit and proper owner test.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 12:10]
Charlton Infighting on 12:24 - Mar 10 with 2532 viewsDannyPaddox

Look at the formatting on the Chief Executive’s statement. No paragraphs and centred text! I fear for Charlton.
Charlton Infighting on 12:26 - Mar 10 with 2524 viewsrsonist

Nice thing here is that both sides look as crooked as the other. Southall is a shady Joorabchian protege who had been trying to get his hooks into every ailing club going for ages before CAFC - Bassini's bid for Bolton, a consortium for Villa...

This bloke too -

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17690016.bury-fc-director-matt-mccarthy-leaves-

Charlton Infighting on 12:32 - Mar 10 with 2479 viewsKonk

Charlton Infighting on 12:24 - Mar 10 by DannyPaddox

Look at the formatting on the Chief Executive’s statement. No paragraphs and centred text! I fear for Charlton.

But on the plus side, he didn't use purple comic sans or emojis. It could have been worse.

Panorama Magic General Contracting llc is my new favourite name for a football club's parent company - four random, seemingly unrelated words thrown together after the owners were unable to come up with a name for their new enterprise. It just edges out Blues' owners, the unashamedly ambitious, reach-for-the-stars, Trillion Trophy (Asia) Ltd.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlton Infighting on 12:36 - Mar 10 with 2468 viewsTheChef

Charlton Infighting on 12:32 - Mar 10 by Konk

But on the plus side, he didn't use purple comic sans or emojis. It could have been worse.

Panorama Magic General Contracting llc is my new favourite name for a football club's parent company - four random, seemingly unrelated words thrown together after the owners were unable to come up with a name for their new enterprise. It just edges out Blues' owners, the unashamedly ambitious, reach-for-the-stars, Trillion Trophy (Asia) Ltd.

He didn't use caps either, so not a complete loon. Although he does have the look of a very very minor celeb who would appear on Strictly, etc.

Trillion Trophy shows a complete lack of ambition, they should have gone with Gazillion.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Charlton Infighting on 12:39 - Mar 10 with 2448 viewsKonk

Charlton Infighting on 12:36 - Mar 10 by TheChef

He didn't use caps either, so not a complete loon. Although he does have the look of a very very minor celeb who would appear on Strictly, etc.

Trillion Trophy shows a complete lack of ambition, they should have gone with Gazillion.

I think they settled on a trillion as they were keen to manage expectations.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlton Infighting on 12:50 - Mar 10 with 2374 viewsRangersDave

If they have passed an owners and creditors test then i see no problem, no problem at all as we all know these tests are pretty much perfect....

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Charlton Infighting on 12:51 - Mar 10 with 2369 viewsCiderwithRsie

Charlton Infighting on 12:04 - Mar 10 by Match82

Well yes, but if the fit and proper person rest had been reasonable, and applied for the last couple of decades, then football clubs would be "affordable" for people who were merely rich, rather than just those who need to be rich egomanicial lunatics.

And maybe without barrowloads of dodgy money from dictators and their mates players wages and transfer fees would be vaguely sensible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024