Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Infighting 10:07 - Mar 10 with 5365 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good time to play them I reckon. Looks like things not all rosy at the Valley...

Charlton Infighting on 12:55 - Mar 10 with 2088 viewspeterlund_dk

Charlton Infighting on 12:32 - Mar 10 by Konk

But on the plus side, he didn't use purple comic sans or emojis. It could have been worse.

Panorama Magic General Contracting llc is my new favourite name for a football club's parent company - four random, seemingly unrelated words thrown together after the owners were unable to come up with a name for their new enterprise. It just edges out Blues' owners, the unashamedly ambitious, reach-for-the-stars, Trillion Trophy (Asia) Ltd.

I think it's the age-old ploy of hiding your true identity behind the same acronym.

Which means the Charlton fans should take a much closer look at Peterborough Milton Golf Club.
Charlton Infighting on 13:04 - Mar 10 with 2051 viewsA40Bosh

The next door neighbour is a lifelong Charlton season ticket holder and we would chat about our respective starts to the season andm although back early doors Charlton were sitting pretty, he was still downbeat about the whole buyout and new owner and kept saying it was a false position and they would end up struggling to stay up come the end of the season. He felt very iffy about the takeover and it would seem his concerns were justified

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Charlton Infighting on 13:32 - Mar 10 with 1972 viewsBoston

Charlton Infighting on 12:55 - Mar 10 by peterlund_dk

I think it's the age-old ploy of hiding your true identity behind the same acronym.

Which means the Charlton fans should take a much closer look at Peterborough Milton Golf Club.

...or as we say in Boston,
Famous
But
Incompetent

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Charlton Infighting on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 1969 viewsBoston

Hope they never apply that ‘fit and proper’ test to the fans!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Charlton Infighting on 13:35 - Mar 10 with 1977 viewssmegma

Charlton Infighting on 12:50 - Mar 10 by RangersDave

If they have passed an owners and creditors test then i see no problem, no problem at all as we all know these tests are pretty much perfect....

Have you not read the CAFC club statement shown in one of the earlier posts???
Charlton Infighting on 13:39 - Mar 10 with 1964 viewsDannyPaddox

Charlton Infighting on 12:32 - Mar 10 by Konk

But on the plus side, he didn't use purple comic sans or emojis. It could have been worse.

Panorama Magic General Contracting llc is my new favourite name for a football club's parent company - four random, seemingly unrelated words thrown together after the owners were unable to come up with a name for their new enterprise. It just edges out Blues' owners, the unashamedly ambitious, reach-for-the-stars, Trillion Trophy (Asia) Ltd.

Wait till you see what he’s done to the club badge ...

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 13:39]
Charlton Infighting on 14:09 - Mar 10 with 1881 viewsdanehoop

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2019-20-blogs/10-3-the-shit-hits-the-fans-as-

Never knowingly understood

Charlton Infighting on 14:10 - Mar 10 with 1877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never knew Steve Gallen was promoted to DoF.

Good for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Infighting on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 1830 viewsKonk

Charlton Infighting on 13:39 - Mar 10 by DannyPaddox

Wait till you see what he’s done to the club badge ...

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 13:39]

I'd take that over our badge.

Fit and Proper test - has anyone ever seen this? I'm beginning to think that a lawyer at the Football league has looked around at current and past club owners, and drawn up a checklist designed to ensure more of them same.

(1) Are you a massive, epic ars ehole on a huge ego trip?
(2) (i) Are you looking to make a few bob, fu ck the club over and then walk away? (ii) Are you looking to make a few bob, run the club into the ground and then refuse to walk away until someone promises to pay you £600m for the club which is now £40m in debt and by this point playing in a Sunday Morning league?
(3) Are you a delusional idiot, who thinks that because you have run a 'successful' chain of 3 beauty salons, you can take over non-league, Tiny Town FC, borrow £4m against the ground and lead them into the Champions League, at which point you will sell the club for £4bn to a Chinese consortium?
(4) Are you looking to launder dirty cash, destroy a football club and then flounce off whinging about ungrateful fans not backing your vision?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlton Infighting on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 1827 viewsRANGERS4EVER

"Good time to play them" This is QPR we are talking about. The same club who gifted Bolton a 2-1 away win when they were in financial dogsh*t and hadn't won in years

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Charlton Infighting on 14:39 - Mar 10 with 1781 viewsLongsufferingR

Charlton Infighting on 14:29 - Mar 10 by RANGERS4EVER

"Good time to play them" This is QPR we are talking about. The same club who gifted Bolton a 2-1 away win when they were in financial dogsh*t and hadn't won in years

*cough* Swindon *cough*
Charlton Infighting on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1775 viewsTacticalR

Charlton Infighting on 14:29 - Mar 10 by Konk

Fit and Proper test - has anyone ever seen this? I'm beginning to think that a lawyer at the Football league has looked around at current and past club owners, and drawn up a checklist designed to ensure more of them same.

(2) (i) Are you looking to make a few bob, fu ck the club over and then walk away? (ii) Are you looking to make a few bob, run the club into the ground and then refuse to walk away until someone promises to pay you £600m for the club which is now £40m in debt and by this point playing in a Sunday Morning league?
(3) Are you a delusional idiot, who thinks that because you have run a 'successful' chain of 3 beauty salons, you can take over non-league, Tiny Town FC, borrow £4m against the ground and lead them into the Champions League, at which point you will sell the club for £4bn to a Chinese consortium?
(4) Are you looking to launder dirty cash, destroy a football club and then flounce off whinging about ungrateful fans not backing your vision?

That reminds me of Clough's assessment of football directors:

'He held the view that directors as a breed were parasitical freeloaders with an appalling ignorance of, and scant appreciation for, both his worth and the game itself. Most, he said to me, fell into one of three categories: duplicitous, devious back-stabbers ('they'd have given Julius Caesar a good going-over'), feckless sycophants ('who hide in dark corners when the flak flies') or egotists ('running a football club gets their photograph on the back page of newspapers — nowt else ever would').'

Duncan Hamilton, 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me: 20 Years with Brian Clough', (2008)

Air hostess clique

Charlton Infighting on 14:55 - Mar 10 with 1736 viewsNorthernr

Charlton Infighting on 12:09 - Mar 10 by rsonist

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 12:10]

When it suits them the EFL basically throw their hands up and pretend like they're just a glorified secretary, responsible for publishing the fixture list and nothing else. Here's a list of dates, get on with it yourselves lads.
Charlton Infighting on 15:52 - Mar 10 with 1609 viewsWatfordR

Charlton Infighting on 14:55 - Mar 10 by Northernr

When it suits them the EFL basically throw their hands up and pretend like they're just a glorified secretary, responsible for publishing the fixture list and nothing else. Here's a list of dates, get on with it yourselves lads.

But not when it comes to applying punishments for FFP breaches to QPR, obviously.
Charlton Infighting on 17:46 - Mar 10 with 1456 viewsNewBee

Charlton Infighting on 11:03 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Another great success for the EFL's fit and proper owner test.

According to David Conn:
"EFL statement on Charlton Athletic: confirms that the January takeover went through without the league approving the new owners’ funding until June 2021. League still seeking assurances, club under transfer embargo"
https://twitter.com/david_conn/

And he adds that since the Bury fiasco, the EFL has been working on its rules so that a takeover of a club can't happen until the funding has been approved (even if the shares are sold).

It's like Wackamole - no sooner do the Regulators close down one loophole, than the Bad Guys chisel out another one to exploit.

As for the Fit and Proper Test, all such bodies are severely restrained by the law governing peoples rights not to be denied a chance to ply their trade etc.
Charlton Infighting on 17:55 - Mar 10 with 1430 viewsNewBee

Charlton Infighting on 14:41 - Mar 10 by TacticalR

That reminds me of Clough's assessment of football directors:

'He held the view that directors as a breed were parasitical freeloaders with an appalling ignorance of, and scant appreciation for, both his worth and the game itself. Most, he said to me, fell into one of three categories: duplicitous, devious back-stabbers ('they'd have given Julius Caesar a good going-over'), feckless sycophants ('who hide in dark corners when the flak flies') or egotists ('running a football club gets their photograph on the back page of newspapers — nowt else ever would').'

Duncan Hamilton, 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me: 20 Years with Brian Clough', (2008)

I'm sure Clough - one of my own heroes, btw - was right about all that.

But it was an open secret within the game that he himself was remarkably corrupt eg stories of him nabbing huge wads of the (cash) takings at Cup games etc, or taking bungs from Agents. Indeed it was why he was sacked from the Derby job by Sam Longson afaiaa.

All of which goes to show that professional football has ALWAYS had a corrup side to it, right back to the days when they first started charging admission and paying players - see eg Sir Henry Norris MP, of Arsenal and Fulham infamy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Norris_(businessman)

(Btw, when I say Cloughie was my "hero", that reflected his genius and humour etc. But I still would never deny the flaws that came with the whole package)
Charlton Infighting on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 1416 viewsNewBee

Charlton Infighting on 14:55 - Mar 10 by Northernr

The problem is, though, that the EFL is owned by its members i.e. the clubs.

And whilst there's no doubt the league's regulators could do more/better within the present set-up, ultimately you're expecting them to discipline their own bosses.

Which is why, for instance, the members aren't too bothered with tightening the rules as to who may buy clubs, since they don't want to constrain themselves too much if ever they want to sell their own club some day.
Charlton Infighting on 18:35 - Mar 10 with 1368 viewsNorthernr

Charlton Infighting on 18:03 - Mar 10 by NewBee

The problem is, though, that the EFL is owned by its members i.e. the clubs.

And whilst there's no doubt the league's regulators could do more/better within the present set-up, ultimately you're expecting them to discipline their own bosses.

Which is why, for instance, the members aren't too bothered with tightening the rules as to who may buy clubs, since they don't want to constrain themselves too much if ever they want to sell their own club some day.

Yup.
Charlton Infighting on 18:44 - Mar 10 with 1347 viewsDavieQPR

Right from the start of Football the people who collected money for games let lots of people in for half price and kept the money. This was stopped with the invention of turnstiles.
Charlton Infighting on 19:10 - Mar 10 with 1282 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlton Infighting on 18:44 - Mar 10 by DavieQPR

Right from the start of Football the people who collected money for games let lots of people in for half price and kept the money. This was stopped with the invention of turnstiles.

There were other ways though, lifting over turnstiles. My Dad worked during the day with a chap who was one of the part time commissionaires (uniformed stewards) at the old Wembley. He got Dad, me and a friend in to an England match when we were about ten. There was probably a drink in it for him.
Charlton Infighting on 19:29 - Mar 10 with 1228 viewsloftboy

Charlton Infighting on 18:44 - Mar 10 by DavieQPR

Used to still get in by bumping up close to your mate and going through on one click.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlton Infighting on 23:14 - Mar 10 with 1054 viewssmegma

Charlton Infighting on 14:29 - Mar 10 by Konk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51814659

A club owner taking a selfie at a game ????
(No subject) (n/t) on 05:18 - Mar 11 with 954 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlton Infighting on 10:28 - Mar 10 by TheChef

Much as we moan about Fernandes and the rest of them, you know that if they ever sold up, we'd up with an owner who had a company called Panorama Magic General Contracting LLC. Or something like that.

Better the devil you know, etc.

Charlton Infighting on 09:47 - Mar 11 with 772 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m surprised no one has picked up on the fact that Panorama Magic General Contracting LLC is actually the first name of rap superstar and Charlton Athletic fanatic ...

Panorama Magic General Contracting LL Cool J.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 9:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024