Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nightmare eleven - Column 19:46 - Apr 25 with 9518 viewsNorthernr

Following Mel's stab at an ultimate QPR team last week, he's back with a nightmare selection this week. Three of them at least have no business being in there IMO so I'm sure you'll all have fun with this....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52320
Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:03 - Apr 27 with 1734 viewsTeddRanger

This eleven is a combination of people I genuinely detested seeing in a Rangers side (J Barton, SWP, Hateley, Bosingwa) , people who wore the shirt for far longer than they had a right to (T Roberts , K Ready) , just really poor( E Howe, J Curtis, Z Rehman, S Slade) and irrational hatred(K Rowland).

Playing 5 at the back, but don’t think that would help the goals conceded column!

Tony Roberts

John Curtis
Karl Ready
Zesh Rehman
Ernie Howe
Jose Bosingwa

SWP
Barton
Keith Rowland

Hateley
Steve Slade
Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:15 - Apr 27 with 1705 viewsMrSheen

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:03 - Apr 27 by TeddRanger

This eleven is a combination of people I genuinely detested seeing in a Rangers side (J Barton, SWP, Hateley, Bosingwa) , people who wore the shirt for far longer than they had a right to (T Roberts , K Ready) , just really poor( E Howe, J Curtis, Z Rehman, S Slade) and irrational hatred(K Rowland).

Playing 5 at the back, but don’t think that would help the goals conceded column!

Tony Roberts

John Curtis
Karl Ready
Zesh Rehman
Ernie Howe
Jose Bosingwa

SWP
Barton
Keith Rowland

Hateley
Steve Slade

Keith Rowland was doomed from the start by being part of the terrible Sinclair trade, but he was genuinely hopeless in his own right. Good selection, but if you had managed to squeeze Vinnie Jones in for Ernie Howe, who was rubbish but only as a back-up in a good side, there might have been a few more tomatoes flying.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:42 - Apr 27 with 1639 viewsThe_Beast1976

Shabazz Baido (for being shite on the pitch, shite at rapping, and for thinking he is a gangsta innit)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 12:44]
Nightmare eleven - Column on 18:43 - Apr 27 with 1468 viewsstevec

Steve Slade should be in there and Richardson over Lumley? Hmm don’t think so.

What I won’t have is Karl Henry in that eleven. Play off promotion season, 30 games and average of 2 points a game, fck me only Charlie had a better return.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 18:46]
Nightmare eleven - Column on 19:24 - Apr 27 with 1446 viewsterryb

Nightmare eleven - Column on 18:43 - Apr 27 by stevec

Steve Slade should be in there and Richardson over Lumley? Hmm don’t think so.

What I won’t have is Karl Henry in that eleven. Play off promotion season, 30 games and average of 2 points a game, fck me only Charlie had a better return.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 18:46]

I know this is controversial, but the worst goalkeeper I've seen play for Rangers is Ron Springett.

A classic case of continuing to play after the "best before" & "sell by" dates have expired!

I'm sure that in his first spell for us & in his time at Wednesday he was good, but he was a poor second behind Mike Kelly in abiliity after his return. I would even say that the young Alan Spratley would have been a lot better choice to play than Ron!
Nightmare eleven - Column on 19:24 - Apr 27 with 1446 viewsHordleHoop

Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:00 - Apr 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A squad maybe better

Add the king of the treatment room Dean Sturridge.

He did get on the pitch 11 times but no one noticed.

Dean Sturridge is a great shout.
Can we throw in Rio Ferdinand? I say worse than Ji Sung Park
Nightmare eleven - Column on 20:07 - Apr 27 with 1419 viewsRassilon

How about Georges Santos, Marc Nygaard and Iain Dowie (wasn’t he part of the same trade that got him and Keith Rowland for Sinclair?)
Nightmare eleven - Column on 20:16 - Apr 27 with 1401 viewsrsonist

Chris Plummer really play 62 times for us? Hells bells.
Login to get fewer ads

Nightmare eleven - Column on 20:29 - Apr 27 with 1394 viewsTomS

There are so many to choose from, but I'd like to make a case for Jay Bothroyd.

You may recall we bought him from Cardiff after we got promoted under Warnock, and they didn't. He left an impression in a match in Cardiff towards the end of the season as his attempted cross from midfield ended up in the back of our net.

He was given so many chances by us, but failed to change our first impression that he was a total and utter waste of space. He had his moment in the sun when he played a few minutes for England while with Cardiff, but FFS, Charlie Austin was a far more deserving candidate for that honour.

"That" tattoo that he got while with us merely reinforced many of our first impressions.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 22:21 - Apr 27 with 1351 viewsEsox_Lucius

The definitive nightmare XI
....................................Joey Barton
Joey Barton .... Joey Barton ....Joey Barton ....Joey Barton
Joey Barton .... Joey Barton ....Joey Barton ....Joey Barton
.........................Joey Barton .... Joey Barton

The grass is always greener.

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 1196 viewsRassilon

Alan Brazil and Sammy Lee, both bought when they were past their best.

You could probably make a nightmare team of just players we got from Man United (several already mentioned): John Curtis, Rio Ferdinand, Ji-Sung Park, Federico Macheda, Fabio. (I'm sure I'm missing some).
Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:16 - Apr 28 with 1177 viewskensalriser

Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:00 - Apr 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A squad maybe better

Add the king of the treatment room Dean Sturridge.

He did get on the pitch 11 times but no one noticed.

Permacrocks probably deserve a team of their own.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:18 - Apr 28 with 1143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:47 - Apr 28 by Rassilon

Alan Brazil and Sammy Lee, both bought when they were past their best.

You could probably make a nightmare team of just players we got from Man United (several already mentioned): John Curtis, Rio Ferdinand, Ji-Sung Park, Federico Macheda, Fabio. (I'm sure I'm missing some).

The strange thing about Lee is that he played like a lad with too many miles on the clock but he was actually only 27 when he joined us. I couldn't fathom him out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:34 - Apr 28 with 1130 viewseghamranger

Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:09 - Apr 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure why you hate Tony Roberts so much: he was ok for us over a decent period I thought. Would certainly rate him higher than the likes of Lumley, Dykstra, Barron etc.

Think Rob Green should be ahead of Roberts for the No1 jersey
Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 1121 viewsMrSheen

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:34 - Apr 28 by eghamranger

Think Rob Green should be ahead of Roberts for the No1 jersey

Wemberlee!
Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:53 - Apr 28 with 1100 viewsWadR

Karl Henry was one of our better players in the 14/15 relegation season. Dislike him but he was a competent player who worked hard.

On the other hand, Sandro was perpetually injured, didn't give a sh t when he did play and was as slow as Bob Malcolm but on 10x as much money. Hated him and his inexplicable fan club that kept calling for him to be played post relegaiton.

Alessandro Pellicori's one league start was the single most inept centre forward display I've ever seen at QPR.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:38 - Apr 28 with 1077 viewskensalriser

Trying to figure out Northern's three who shouldn't be in.

Henry, definitely.

Then it gets more difficult, but the next is Plummer I think, and then either Scully or Borrowdale.

Edit: No, the third is Richardson, I reckon he'd have Roberts in goal.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:40]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 18:57 - Apr 28 with 1001 viewsCamberleyR

Definitely Coco The Clown Roberts in goal for me. Fúck me, whilst Jan Stejskal was also prone to the very odd rick, Big Jan was a bit harshly done to IMO by Gerry Francis. How Coco The Clown managed to play as much as he did in that period (92-94) is a genuine mystery, a bloody awful goalkeeper.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 19:39 - Apr 28 with 979 viewsPeterHucker

Nightmare eleven - Column on 21:40 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Mine:

Tony Roberts - awful, error-prone, short, miserable, joyless

Jose Bosingwa - refer to Mel's write-up. I can't better that!
Bob Malcolm - oh God.
Neil Ruddock - oh God part 2.
Armand Traore - could be harsh, struggling to think of a worse left-back, though.

Clive Walker - edging out SWP is some achievement
Joey Barton - his name just typed itself
Gary Chivers - God I hated him and Robbie James, but the latter was at least good once
Michael Meaker - end-of-move Meaker, no Rangers player has ever lost the ball more often than him. Ever.

Dominic Iorfa - the man lived offside. Lived there.
Mark Hateley - useless, lazy, arrogant, ar$ehole

Can I just step in to defend Michael Meaker here.

He wasn't THAT bad. Saw him play several times at youth level and he had some good skill and a lot of pace.
When he was played in the first team, he looked bad because of the high quality of the players around him and in particular the ones he replaced in the team (Sinton, Sinclair, Impey)
His reputation suffers and he stood out because he was an average player in a team full of brilliant ones.

If you were to put him into the Ray Harford team or some of the truly shit midfields we had in the Briatore years he would've been one of our better players compared to Tchakounte, Nick Ward, Tommy Doherty, Matteo Alberti etc etc etc etc
Nightmare eleven - Column on 20:19 - Apr 28 with 967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nightmare eleven - Column on 19:39 - Apr 28 by PeterHucker

Can I just step in to defend Michael Meaker here.

He wasn't THAT bad. Saw him play several times at youth level and he had some good skill and a lot of pace.
When he was played in the first team, he looked bad because of the high quality of the players around him and in particular the ones he replaced in the team (Sinton, Sinclair, Impey)
His reputation suffers and he stood out because he was an average player in a team full of brilliant ones.

If you were to put him into the Ray Harford team or some of the truly shit midfields we had in the Briatore years he would've been one of our better players compared to Tchakounte, Nick Ward, Tommy Doherty, Matteo Alberti etc etc etc etc

Yes, you have a point about context. In fairness I moved to Ireland in '96 and while he makes my team he probably wouldn't have if I'd seen more Rangers games between '96 and '02 say.

Nightmare eleven - Column on 09:13 - Apr 29 with 843 viewsGRDHoops

I'd have Fitz Hall in there. Injury prone & quite possibly the laziest defender I've ever seen - was superb at doing nothing.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 810 viewsNorthernr

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:38 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

Trying to figure out Northern's three who shouldn't be in.

Henry, definitely.

Then it gets more difficult, but the next is Plummer I think, and then either Scully or Borrowdale.

Edit: No, the third is Richardson, I reckon he'd have Roberts in goal.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:40]

I thought Henry, Plummer and Borrowdale were harsh. I've long since stopped arguing with Mel over Henry though.

Rehman and Ready far, far worse than Plummer for me.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:43 - Apr 29 with 799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nightmare eleven - Column on 09:13 - Apr 29 by GRDHoops

I'd have Fitz Hall in there. Injury prone & quite possibly the laziest defender I've ever seen - was superb at doing nothing.

He was superb at letting Furlong in for the playoff goal!

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:14 - Apr 29 with 775 viewsingeminate

Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:16 - Apr 29 by Northernr

I thought Henry, Plummer and Borrowdale were harsh. I've long since stopped arguing with Mel over Henry though.

Rehman and Ready far, far worse than Plummer for me.

The answer to this thread could well be whoever else was in the team when Karl Ready won player of the season.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:20 - Apr 29 with 740 viewsstevec

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:14 - Apr 29 by ingeminate

The answer to this thread could well be whoever else was in the team when Karl Ready won player of the season.

Wish I could remember when it was but there was a period when we were desperately bad and the exec boxes used to vote on player of the match.

At that time, if we lost which we usually did, they’d vote for the worst player on the pitch. Quite funny in the next programme seeing a rather sheepish player pictured with his ‘trophy’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024