Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nightmare eleven - Column 19:46 - Apr 25 with 9510 viewsNorthernr

Following Mel's stab at an ultimate QPR team last week, he's back with a nightmare selection this week. Three of them at least have no business being in there IMO so I'm sure you'll all have fun with this....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52320
Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 1168 viewsPinnerPaul

Nightmare eleven - Column on 21:58 - Apr 25 by QPRSteve

One glaring omission. Ron Abbott. Him paired with Ernie Howe still gives me nightmares.

Spot on - those two top/bottom of my list as well!
Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:51 - Apr 29 with 1127 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Dowie anyone?
Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:39 - Apr 29 with 1115 viewskensalriser

Nightmare eleven - Column on 10:16 - Apr 29 by Northernr

I thought Henry, Plummer and Borrowdale were harsh. I've long since stopped arguing with Mel over Henry though.

Rehman and Ready far, far worse than Plummer for me.

Not bad!

I can't actually remember any of Borrowdale's performances, so he can't have been hopelessly bad. I'm sure Rehman was worse. Plummer was at QPR for nine years!

Controversially, I don't think Ready was as bad as is popularly reckoned. It's just that he made so many appearances his solid mediocrity gave the perception of increasing shiteness. Don't forget we were in the top division for most of the time he was with us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:43 - Apr 29 with 1111 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:39 - Apr 29 by kensalriser

Not bad!

I can't actually remember any of Borrowdale's performances, so he can't have been hopelessly bad. I'm sure Rehman was worse. Plummer was at QPR for nine years!

Controversially, I don't think Ready was as bad as is popularly reckoned. It's just that he made so many appearances his solid mediocrity gave the perception of increasing shiteness. Don't forget we were in the top division for most of the time he was with us.

Agree about Ready. I was tempted to throw him in to my team until a friend said he won POTY one year. That has to end that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:44 - Apr 29 with 1110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:14 - Apr 29 by ingeminate

The answer to this thread could well be whoever else was in the team when Karl Ready won player of the season.

Excellent!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:55 - Apr 29 with 1097 viewsNorthernr

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:43 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree about Ready. I was tempted to throw him in to my team until a friend said he won POTY one year. That has to end that.

In his defence I think he scored 18 goals for us and we never lost a game he scored in.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 16:06 - Apr 29 with 1088 viewskensalriser

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:55 - Apr 29 by Northernr

In his defence I think he scored 18 goals for us and we never lost a game he scored in.

A remarkable stat. Surely because any team putting in a performance poor enough to allow Ready to score was never likely to win the game. But we've had at least two worse central defenders for sure.

Nightmare eleven - Column on 21:42 - Apr 29 with 1039 viewsCamberleyR

QPR's Ian Rush.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Nightmare eleven - Column on 22:18 - Apr 29 with 1011 viewsNov77

Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:09 - Apr 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure why you hate Tony Roberts so much: he was ok for us over a decent period I thought. Would certainly rate him higher than the likes of Lumley, Dykstra, Barron etc.

Roberts was bloody awful, only Derek Richardson comes close in terms of the worst keepers I’ve seen down there.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:53 - Apr 30 with 981 viewspaulhoop2

Bankole
Warren - Rehman - Rio - Warren Barton
Keith Rowland - Nick Ward - Vinnie - Gladwin
Slade - Hateley

Manager - Houston

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:25 - May 1 with 898 viewsplasmahoop

I know he scored against arsenal, but I'm surprised samba diakite hasn't had a mention. His tackling is the very definition of a nightmare
Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:48 - May 1 with 875 viewsClive_Anderson

He was player of the year and scored 18 goals? Everything I knew was wrong, I seem to remember him being utterly hopeless.

Shame we can't have loan players as Gus Caesar was the worst player I can remember.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 12:37 - May 1 with 855 viewsNorthernr

Nightmare eleven - Column on 11:48 - May 1 by Clive_Anderson

He was player of the year and scored 18 goals? Everything I knew was wrong, I seem to remember him being utterly hopeless.

Shame we can't have loan players as Gus Caesar was the worst player I can remember.

Mel's rules on loan players. Bob Malcolm would be a very strong contender for me. And Big Fat Bob Taylor - one of those cnts who was brilliant for several other clubs but absolutely awful for us.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:02 - May 1 with 839 viewsHamptonR

Tony Roberts is my goalie from hell.
One on one he was pretty good but anything from distance used to go straight through him, he appeared to have a big hole between his knees and chest.

Special mention to Brian Williams, often if not always a sub. I remember him warming up and a fellow supported pointed out that "He warms up like a lunatic, no wonder he is fecking knackered when he gets on"
Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:06 - May 1 with 837 viewsNorthernr

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:02 - May 1 by HamptonR

Tony Roberts is my goalie from hell.
One on one he was pretty good but anything from distance used to go straight through him, he appeared to have a big hole between his knees and chest.

Special mention to Brian Williams, often if not always a sub. I remember him warming up and a fellow supported pointed out that "He warms up like a lunatic, no wonder he is fecking knackered when he gets on"

Yeh Roberts did my nut as a kid. Never understood how he got picked over Stejskal.
Went through a period straight after relegation of dropping 30 yard free kicks in his net - I think the first Barnsley goal in the Trevor Sinclair game is a free kick that he lets go through his legs. Boxing Day that season at home to Norwich he caught one on his should then fumbled it back and into the net.

That and his insistance on taking all the fcking time in the world over back passes which eventually resulted in him belting one in off Paul Walsh's ars.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:52 - May 1 with 801 viewsTheChef

Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:38 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

Trying to figure out Northern's three who shouldn't be in.

Henry, definitely.

Then it gets more difficult, but the next is Plummer I think, and then either Scully or Borrowdale.

Edit: No, the third is Richardson, I reckon he'd have Roberts in goal.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:40]

Agreed, harsh on Henry. What about George Kulcsar? Would like to include Barton, but I'm trying to do this based on ability rather levels of being a d1ck.

Would definitely have Morrow or Rehman in for Plummer. We had some bad defenders late 90s/early 00s but I don't think of Plummer being that bad relatively.

Borrowdale was bad, for me Christer Warren was even more awful.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:54 - May 1 with 798 viewsCamberleyR

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:06 - May 1 by Northernr

Yeh Roberts did my nut as a kid. Never understood how he got picked over Stejskal.
Went through a period straight after relegation of dropping 30 yard free kicks in his net - I think the first Barnsley goal in the Trevor Sinclair game is a free kick that he lets go through his legs. Boxing Day that season at home to Norwich he caught one on his should then fumbled it back and into the net.

That and his insistance on taking all the fcking time in the world over back passes which eventually resulted in him belting one in off Paul Walsh's ars.

Just checked the stats on qprnet.com and this is how it panned out in Stejskal's four seasons at the club (league games only):

1990-91
Stejskal 26
Coco The Clown - 16

1991-92
JS - 41
CTC - 1

1992-93
JS - 14
CTC - 28

1993-94
JS - 26
CTC - 16

Totals - Stejskal 107, Coco 57. 65% against 35%

I was genuinely shocked about the 92-93 figures, I had no idea Stejskal played so little that season. I know he had a complete shocker in the home game against Palace just before Christmas and remember him being dropped afterwards but was amazed that that was his last appearance that season.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 13:55]

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:55 - May 1 with 789 viewsNorthernr

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:54 - May 1 by CamberleyR

Just checked the stats on qprnet.com and this is how it panned out in Stejskal's four seasons at the club (league games only):

1990-91
Stejskal 26
Coco The Clown - 16

1991-92
JS - 41
CTC - 1

1992-93
JS - 14
CTC - 28

1993-94
JS - 26
CTC - 16

I was genuinely shocked about the 92-93 figures, I had no idea Stejskal played so little that season. I know he had a complete shocker in the home game against Palace just before Christmas and remember him being dropped afterwards but was amazed that that was his last appearance that season.

Particularly when Roberts was no better - absolute horror away at Ipswich from the best part of 40 yards.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:59 - May 1 with 785 viewsCamberleyR

Edit that. Just noticed that JS came on as sub in the home game against Wimbledon (lost 2-1).

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:01 - May 1 with 776 viewsCamberleyR

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:55 - May 1 by Northernr

Particularly when Roberts was no better - absolute horror away at Ipswich from the best part of 40 yards.

If you dare watch. Devon White getting him out of jail.

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:08 - May 1 with 760 viewsTheChef

Nightmare eleven - Column on 13:54 - May 1 by CamberleyR

1990-91
Stejskal 26
Coco The Clown - 16

1991-92
JS - 41
CTC - 1

1992-93
JS - 14
CTC - 28

1993-94
JS - 26
CTC - 16

I'm amazed at that 92-93 stat, would love to know the win %s for each keeper.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:45 - May 1 with 734 viewsCamberleyR

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:08 - May 1 by TheChef

I'm amazed at that 92-93 stat, would love to know the win %s for each keeper.

6 from 14 for Stejskal
11 from 28 for Coco

43% for Stejskal against 39%.

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:50 - May 1 with 727 viewsWoog

Nightmare eleven - Column on 21:04 - Apr 25 by Newhopphoops

I can't believe we had eleven more feckless players than the pissed up bollard that was Bob Malcolm.

The worst of the worst.
Made Vinnie Jones look like a cross between Einstein and Mother Teresa.
An utter disgrace of a supposed football player and a thoroughly reprehensible neanderthal.
Nightmare eleven - Column on 15:59 - May 1 with 693 viewskensalriser

Nightmare eleven - Column on 14:01 - May 1 by CamberleyR

If you dare watch. Devon White getting him out of jail.

To be fair to Roberts, I think that's a hologram in goal. Worse, the hologram appears to have got its studs stuck in the mud.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024