Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 14:40 - Apr 26 with 8393 viewsloftboy

1 ) Paddy Kenny
2) Gavin Maguire
3 Mark Dennis
4) Paul Parker (remember him kicking Gary Megson in the head)
5) Macca
6) Fenwick
7) Docherty
8) Diakite
9) Paul Furlong
10) Stainrod
11) Impey

And here Parker’s at 1:30.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 16:09]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:31 - Apr 26 with 2021 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Padula got in the mix didn’t he? And I remember a few naughty tackles from Ainsworth.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:34 - Apr 26 with 2018 viewsNov77

Phil parkes was asked who was the hardest player at rangers. said it was Dave clement.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 20:18 - Apr 26 with 1955 viewsNoDiddley

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:29 - Apr 26 by Tripper

Bob Hazell for me.

Got chatting to a Cardiff fan of a similar vintage to me a few years ago by the pool in Mexico. He told me a story about Bob staying overnight after a game to meet up with his brother. Said they got recognised by some locals in a Cardiff nightclub and sat quietly getting racially abused for 15 minutes before they decided they'd had enough, stood up knocked six of them out and sat down again to their drinks like nothing happened.

Agree
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 20:51 - Apr 26 with 1924 viewspaulparker

Diakite was brain dead not hard, I find it embarrassing that fans come on here and say what a “nutter” he was

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 20:53 - Apr 26 with 1924 viewsWatford_Ranger

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:31 - Apr 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Padula got in the mix didn’t he? And I remember a few naughty tackles from Ainsworth.

Only player I recall trying to run off a broken leg.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 21:16 - Apr 26 with 1901 viewsCiderwithRsie

Do we have a manager yet?

Recently there was a post or thread about Dave Thomas where the latter said what a hard man Dave Sexton was - none of that teacup throwing baloney, just quietly very hard so as you wouldn't cross him. Something about all Sexton's family being boxers IIRC
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 21:24 - Apr 26 with 1891 viewsTacticalR

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 21:16 - Apr 26 by CiderwithRsie

Do we have a manager yet?

Recently there was a post or thread about Dave Thomas where the latter said what a hard man Dave Sexton was - none of that teacup throwing baloney, just quietly very hard so as you wouldn't cross him. Something about all Sexton's family being boxers IIRC

In his book Tackle Soccer Sexton argues that counter-attacking football is the most effective kind of football, being equivalent to hitting someone when their guard is down in boxing.

Air hostess clique

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 21:59 - Apr 26 with 1859 viewsdezzar

Forest away mst have been early nineties a 50/50 ball right in front of me Macca and Pearce a loud crunching noise , then they both got up laughed then carried on tough men. I
Login to get fewer ads

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 22:00 - Apr 26 with 1858 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bob Hazell for me.

Got chatting to a Cardiff fan of a similar vintage to me a few years ago by the pool in Mexico. He told me a story about Bob staying overnight after a game to meet up with his brother. Said they got recognised by some locals in a Cardiff nightclub and sat quietly getting racially abused for 15 minutes before they decided they'd had enough, stood up knocked six of them out and sat down again to their drinks like nothing happened.

Got to agree. Fair play to Paul Parker for that kick in response to an obviously nasty tackle, but Hazell was just bloody hard. Can't leave him out.

Maguire as sweeper behind Macca and Hazell, with Fenwick and Dennis as full backs would be a very very tough defence in every sense.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 22:01 - Apr 26 with 1853 viewsdezzar

loved Macca ,
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 22:35 - Apr 26 with 1820 viewsthame_hoops

Martin Allen has to be in that side, Shirley
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 23:03 - Apr 26 with 1791 viewsHamptonR

Steve Wicks was hard.
I remember Micky Droy having a go at him.
Steve (6ft 2, eyes of blue) straightened him out.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 23:14 - Apr 26 with 1771 viewsLazyFan

Mark Falco upfront. Crazy Gang used to kick him all game and he just brushed it off with his bouncy frame.

We also had Vinnie Jones play for us as well as Razor. But none of us really think these are hard gits, just wannabees.

Now back to the hardest one ever, here is Macca at just 22 years of age asking the entirety of all England fans to see him personally if they have any issues with the result:

From England fans, reply there came none.

zzzzzzzzzz

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 00:02 - Apr 27 with 1729 viewsLythamR

I think Frank Mclintock was the hardest defender I have seen in the hoops
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 01:23 - Apr 27 with 1694 viewsTacticalR

Bob Hazell for me.

Yes, can't forget Bob Hazell. This is what Robbie Earle said about Hazell's time at Port Vale:

'Big Bob was your typical 'throw back' defender who took no prisoners and would kill to prevent a goal. On the ball he had much more skill and ability than he was given credit for, but it was his physicality that scared opposing forwards to death.'

Air hostess clique

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 02:13 - Apr 27 with 1675 viewstimcocking

Hmmm, there is no way on earth people like Gary Waddock or Marc Bircham are hard cases. Being a hard tackling player does not automatically mean you are a hard case. There is protection on the pitch. Diakite was wild, also doesn't mean he was a tough guy necessarily.

Also Paddy Kenny...i'm sceptical.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 02:49 - Apr 27 with 1666 viewsFredManRave

Not suggesting for a minute he's a hard bastard, quite the opposite in fact, but the thread just reminded me of his assault on Jordi Gomez. The ball isn't even in the picture!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 06:44 - Apr 27 with 1631 viewsFearless

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 02:49 - Apr 27 by FredManRave

Not suggesting for a minute he's a hard bastard, quite the opposite in fact, but the thread just reminded me of his assault on Jordi Gomez. The ball isn't even in the picture!

Darren Peacock could handle himself and had some great running battles during games.
Seem to remember a famous one with Keith Curle?
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 07:56 - Apr 27 with 1596 viewsEsox_Lucius

Gary Micklewhite. While fans were waiting for Steve Wicks to mete out the retribution for wrongdoing by the opposition, I got the impression at the time, that Gary was going quietly about his business with a slightly mistimed tackle and a credible air of innocence.

The grass is always greener.

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 07:57 - Apr 27 with 1593 viewsdistortR

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 23:14 - Apr 26 by LazyFan

Mark Falco upfront. Crazy Gang used to kick him all game and he just brushed it off with his bouncy frame.

We also had Vinnie Jones play for us as well as Razor. But none of us really think these are hard gits, just wannabees.

Now back to the hardest one ever, here is Macca at just 22 years of age asking the entirety of all England fans to see him personally if they have any issues with the result:

Mark falco. I was at one of the open day things in the summer, talking to a 'face' at Rangers. Falco walked past with his wife, and the fella shouted something across to someone else - nothing out of order. Falco walked on, came back without his wife, and offered the fella out for insulting his missus. It was explained to him that that hadn't happened, and he took it in good grace. If it had kicked off, it would have been a good fight!

The same day, we set up a bit of a game. I took out someone with yet another ill-timed tackle (I'm 2 minutes too late for everything), looked up and Macca was there, shaking his head at me! 'But Macca', I shouted, 'I learnt it from you!'. He laughed and wondered off.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 08:15 - Apr 27 with 1580 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 23:14 - Apr 26 by LazyFan

Good shouts on Falco and Macca.

Falco once played on with a broken nose at home to Sunderland. Scored the winner.

Macca dished out and got more elbows than any player I've seen at Rangers, He was granite.
BTW - I was at that Norn Iron game. Good night, that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 08:37 - Apr 27 with 1567 viewsMrSheen

Bob Hazell for me.

That's nothing for a man who drank petrol (allegedly).
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 1543 viewsElHoop

Never saw him play but old timers used to say that Bobby Keetch was a proper hard case centre back. He would also have been a candidate for captain of the QPR Playboys XI.

Reportedly would kick the shite out of you and then piss off to look at art galleries.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 10:15 - Apr 27 with 1495 viewsterryb

Bobby "killer" Keetch would be the first name on my list.

His "work" off the ball was very creative, but always left the ooponent motionless on the ground!
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 10:51 - Apr 27 with 1478 viewseghamranger

Got plenty of centre backs I know, but Damion Stewart always looked a bit nuts and had some serious speed on him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024