Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeepers 07:02 - Jul 1 with 8678 viewsGloucs_R

Following on from the defence thread...

They've been poor this season too. Lumley probably cost us 10 goals this season and Kelly hasn't owned the number 1 shirt either. He was slow to get down to a few shots last night.

I've been watching Dieng on loan and although he looks decent, he's made a few mistakes too.

I know they are all young, for a keeper, but they've all cost us points this season. I do really miss Smithies.

It's not really a position we can afford to spend money on. I would say send Lumley out on loan next season and let Kelly and Dieng fight out.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Goalkeepers on 13:18 - Jul 1 with 1629 viewsNorthernr

Goalkeepers on 13:11 - Jul 1 by Devon_4_England

Thanks Clive.

GK coach coming back from furlough now we are in July?

He seems a big part of the back room staff so surprised to hear he hasn’t come back yet

Yeh I was surprised too. Apparently he lives in the Midlands still which complicates it slightly.
Goalkeepers on 13:37 - Jul 1 with 1589 viewsBAWHoops

Lumley and Kelly are both 5/10 keepers at this level.

Both likely to cost us a fair few goals a season, but that's the market we are in right now

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Goalkeepers on 14:15 - Jul 1 with 1535 viewsCaptainPugwash

Joe Hart has been released by Burnley....
Goalkeepers on 14:25 - Jul 1 with 1528 viewsNorthernr

Goalkeepers on 14:15 - Jul 1 by CaptainPugwash

Joe Hart has been released by Burnley....

Yeh and he would definitely fit within our pay structure.
Goalkeepers on 14:45 - Jul 1 with 1495 viewsGloucs_R

Goalkeepers on 12:42 - Jul 1 by BrianMcCarthy

1. I think - think - our budget is 18th-19th this season out of 24th
2. We've done that (bringing in Wells and Hugill) despite the budget being 18th-19th
3. Agreed, but I think we're doing as well as FFP will allow us. We've been forced to slash every year and also have a massive squad upheaval every year.

If that is true, that's even more depressing 🤣🤣🤣

Goalkeepers on 15:12 - Jul 1 with 1457 viewsfrancisbowles

Goalkeepers on 12:25 - Jul 1 by Gloucs_R

We've spent less in recent years but...

We still have a decent wage budget, mid table

We signed two strikers on loan, worth a combined 15m, not many clubs have that luxury.

Improvements off the pitch need to be matched with those on it.

Not having a go at you Gloucs R but those two strikers:

One of which was only with us for half a season, was so bad at the tail of the previous season that I for one didn't want him back and hasn't been great since he went to Bristol City.

The other one has got absolute pelters on here at times.

Fwiw I think they have both done ok for us this season but the service has been excellent most of the time. We didn't really have much choice but to sign them, as we had no other experienced strikers and as we signed them late in the window we probably got reasonable terms on the loans.
Goalkeepers on 15:28 - Jul 1 with 1438 viewsenfieldargh

Goalkeepers on 10:49 - Jul 1 by stevenagehoop

Two game changing incidents - Kelly mistake for first goal and Amos blasting over.

Keepers mistakes always get highlighted, yes 1st goal he'll be kicking himself.

2nd no chance

Outfield players make mistakes all the time.

Last night Barbet too many to mention. Kane usually mistake more often than not but last night much less so.

Amos miss of course but worst from Amos was late 2nd half he had Kaykay free on the touch line with one defender between them, he chose to double back in field then looks up to see nothing on.

WE have good players just need to retain possession better and reduce loose passes by at least 50% (yes I know thats un-quantifiable) .

I dont think a new keeper is very high on our wish list

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Goalkeepers on 16:02 - Jul 1 with 1404 viewssmegma

Goalkeepers on 09:34 - Jul 1 by francisbowles

All keepers make mistakes. All let goals in we (and they, sometimes) feel they should be stopping. Even Smithies made errors, not too many but some.

Kelly hasn't made too many yet either and his distribution is very good. Last night, he seemed to be under instruction to go long and even though that is not his usual style he still did it satisfactorily. Give the guy a chance.

The team was much better but still very rusty and there were many mistakes with misplaced passes, players getting the ball stuck under their feet, missed chances etc.

In all 3 games he has gone long and his distribution has been poor, although last night some clearances did actually reach our players.
Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeepers on 16:11 - Jul 1 with 1384 viewsbeanofire

Being one of the few QPR fans to actually have saved a penalty at Loftus Road, I feel slightly qualified to talk about our goalkeepers.

This season has been a bad one for them, no doubt about it. Just when you think one of them has done enough to nail down a first team place, along comes another mistake.
It's all about concentration. If you do nothing all game, it's about that one save you make after 89 minutes of doing relatively nothing.

Clive actually reminded me that as well as having JL, LK and SDY, we also have Barnes.
Surely he can't be that far away from a go now, can he?

Oh wait, Jack Clarke just put his hand up........
Goalkeepers on 16:11 - Jul 1 with 1383 viewslave16

Goalkeepers on 16:02 - Jul 1 by smegma

In all 3 games he has gone long and his distribution has been poor, although last night some clearances did actually reach our players.

Given Warbos Scottish links any chance we could get the former st mirren keeper was supposed to be very good -- Václav Hladký

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Goalkeepers on 16:24 - Jul 1 with 1360 viewsted_hendrix

Look back over the decades and as the late departed Ray Wilkins might have said 'My word' we've had some truly magnificent GK's in the past.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Goalkeepers on 16:28 - Jul 1 with 1353 viewsNorthernr

Goalkeepers on 16:24 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

Look back over the decades and as the late departed Ray Wilkins might have said 'My word' we've had some truly magnificent GK's in the past.

We really have. Chatting about this on the podcast the other week, we've been very lucky.
Although ten years of Tony Roberts was quite the penance.
Goalkeepers on 16:36 - Jul 1 with 1338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I still hold out hope for Lumley. I know that clubmates, management and the 'front office' are hardly expected to knock him but there just seems to be something about the way they praise his talent that makes me hopeful.

Plus, we've all seen him play well for us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Goalkeepers on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 1317 viewsGloucs_R

Goalkeepers on 16:36 - Jul 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I still hold out hope for Lumley. I know that clubmates, management and the 'front office' are hardly expected to knock him but there just seems to be something about the way they praise his talent that makes me hopeful.

Plus, we've all seen him play well for us.

I'm hopeful too. Which is why I think a loan would do him good next season.

Goalkeepers on 17:32 - Jul 1 with 1275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goalkeepers on 16:53 - Jul 1 by Gloucs_R

I'm hopeful too. Which is why I think a loan would do him good next season.

Maybe. but even if he plays well our crowd will slaughter him when he comes back.

There could be an argument for putting him into to face that straight away?

Goalkeepers on 17:32 - Jul 1 with 1275 viewsderbyhoop

Kelly will be really disappointed with the first one last night.
But, 2nd one was a defensive problem. Nobody closed him down but he did hit it well.

Keeper's mistakes are always likely to cost goals. It is what it is.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Goalkeepers on 17:47 - Jul 1 with 1250 viewsessextaxiboy

We would be safe by now but for the points dropped due to Lumleys mistakes .

Scottish goalkeepers mostly live up to their reputation IMO
Goalkeepers on 17:58 - Jul 1 with 1240 viewsHooping_Mad

Goalkeepers on 08:00 - Jul 1 by stevec

Chris Day played into his 40’s, there are always ageing keepers on benches, perfectly capable of doing a proper job.

Lumley is not good enough and Kelly, although passable, does looks vulnerable.

It’ll cost relative peanuts to bring in an experienced keeper, we need a shot stopper to settle the team.

Our owners tried the experienced route once or twice but they did it their way with the usual result...

Júlio César (Júlio César Soares Espíndola)
Robert Green

I'm fine with these two.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Goalkeepers on 01:05 - Jul 2 with 1150 viewstimcocking

Goalkeepers on 08:19 - Jul 1 by smegma

Lumley was our best keeper a year ago. After a couple of mistakes, people on here were screaming for Kelly to get a game. You got what you asked for.

Couple of mistakes? Seemed more like a couple of matches without a mistake. It would have been absolutely cruel to have kept Joe in the firing line at that stage, he'd totally lost it.
Goalkeepers on 04:59 - Jul 2 with 1135 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Personally, I'm just glad Matt Ingram is no longer in hoops.
Goalkeepers on 21:21 - Jul 28 with 930 viewsGloucs_R

Reading WLS...

Dieng and Lumley both out of contract next summer but the club looking to tie up a contract with Dieng first.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-players-set-to-be-offered-new-contracts

Goalkeepers on 21:22 - Jul 28 with 924 viewsNorthernr

Goalkeepers on 21:21 - Jul 28 by Gloucs_R

Reading WLS...

Dieng and Lumley both out of contract next summer but the club looking to tie up a contract with Dieng first.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-players-set-to-be-offered-new-contracts

Birmingham were super keen on Dieng a couple of months back, no idea if the departure of Clotet means the need for a trendy who can pass our from the back has subsided and they've moved on or not.
Goalkeepers on 21:26 - Jul 28 with 909 viewsGloucs_R

Goalkeepers on 21:22 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Birmingham were super keen on Dieng a couple of months back, no idea if the departure of Clotet means the need for a trendy who can pass our from the back has subsided and they've moved on or not.

Interesting to see the comment that they might offer Lumley a contract later this summer rather than they are lining up a new contract for him. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that?

Goalkeepers on 21:27 - Jul 28 with 904 viewsNorthernr

Goalkeepers on 21:26 - Jul 28 by Gloucs_R

Interesting to see the comment that they might offer Lumley a contract later this summer rather than they are lining up a new contract for him. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that?

Well interesting isn't it.
Renew Lumley's contract now, watch the reaction.
Don't renew it and Lumley makes a storming start to next season, then refuses a renewal, watch the reaction.
Goalkeepers on 21:29 - Jul 28 with 899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm sure he'll be offered one very soon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024