Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the plus side 21:45 - Jul 11 with 2999 viewsDixie_CT

Baring a 20 goal swing between us and Luton, and with Wigan’s points deduction, aren’t we now safe?
On the plus side on 23:48 - Jul 11 with 2847 viewsDiggertheMole

With Warburton managing, anything is possible.
On the plus side on 20:40 - Jul 12 with 2532 viewsOldPedro

We are safe

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

On the plus side on 20:45 - Jul 12 with 2508 viewsQPR_John

On the plus side on 20:40 - Jul 12 by OldPedro

We are safe

Surely not safe If Luton or Hull win their match then the winner could still reach us. Of course a draw between them makes us safe. What it does mean is there is only one place to worry about
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 20:46]
On the plus side on 20:48 - Jul 12 with 2497 viewsOldPedro

On the plus side on 20:45 - Jul 12 by QPR_John

Surely not safe If Luton or Hull win their match then the winner could still reach us. Of course a draw between them makes us safe. What it does mean is there is only one place to worry about

Good point - let's hope we get a win at Luton on Tuesday

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

On the plus side on 21:10 - Jul 12 with 2446 viewsstowmarketrange

On the plus side on 20:48 - Jul 12 by OldPedro

Good point - let's hope we get a win at Luton on Tuesday

I’d take a 0-0 now.
On the plus side on 21:43 - Jul 12 with 2392 viewsloftus77

As I see it, the key, embarrassingly, humiliatingly, is the Wigan points deduction.

If the deduction goes ahead as planned, we are officallly, mathematically safe NOW. Both Wigan (-12) and Barnsley must finish below us, as must one of Hull and Luton who play each other in the penultimate game. It's all over - party time at The Kennel...

If the deduction is RESCINDED,, Wigan still remain crucial - specifically, and only, because they host Hull on Tuesday. Basically, we then need the Latics to ever-so-kindly fail to lose this game. That would mean that our heroes are safe as long as we don't conspire in a 20 goal swing to Luton over 3 games (which could well be severely dented by 10pm on Tuesday....).

If this goes to rats, we fall back on the mighty Addicks. If they lose to Brum on Wednesday, the champagne comes out for us on Thursday morning....

There are other scenarios involving the colossi that are Hudders, Stoke and Uncle Ned but I'm getting tired.

Of course, one avenue that would top the lot would be if our lads motored into Bedfordshire on Tuesday and gave a really committed, .determined, focused performance that yielded the glory of (let's talk fantasy) a 0-0 draw. But I know this final connotation is completely ridiculous. Perish the thought. C'mon Wigan.
On the plus side on 23:07 - Jul 12 with 2280 viewsbosh67

We just need a point from 3 games to be mathematically safe and I really can't see us doing it on recent evidence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

On the plus side on 23:27 - Jul 12 with 2240 viewsdaveB

said this last year and year before and year before that but if you lose 8 of your last 9 games and end up relegated you deserve to go down, if we lose the next 3 and go down we deserve all we get but I personally can't see teams below us winning enough games for what we do to matter but to be back in this position is an absolute disgrace
Login to get fewer ads

On the plus side on 07:44 - Jul 13 with 2113 viewsLowerloftLad

lets just hope west brom dont put 7 past us again then
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 7:44]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

On the plus side on 12:31 - Jul 13 with 1898 viewsPinnerPaul

On the plus side on 20:45 - Jul 12 by QPR_John

If its Luton would need a 20 goal turn round - even them winning very game by 3 and us losing very game by 3 wouldn't be enough!
On the plus side on 12:38 - Jul 13 with 1876 viewsLblock

Anyone who thinks this scenario is acceptable needs certifying.

It's almost as if those who were concerned 5 games ago weren't really bed wetters after all.

Makes me fckin sick that we're looking at other clubs results to ensure our own safety.
The chewing gum rapidly losing it's flavour

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

On the plus side on 12:41 - Jul 13 with 1862 viewsconnell10

F uck me its come to this. What a shambles! Fulham, Brentford in the play offs and either on could go up automatically, Millwall (ffs) could take the last play off place ! Thank god for Charlton who may finish below us. No wonder everyone laughs at us we a pathetic! To find I gave the money from my season ticket to the club for this! It's been a really shite 3 and a bit months for me and this is the icing on the cake! Thanks Rangers for depressing me even more!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

On the plus side on 15:23 - Jul 13 with 1787 viewsPinnerPaul

On the plus side on 12:38 - Jul 13 by Lblock

It's almost as if those who were concerned 5 games ago weren't really bed wetters after all.

Makes me fckin sick that we're looking at other clubs results to ensure our own safety.

Its certainly not acceptable and definitely concerning but as Clive and loads of us have said you can't argue with the maths - we can't go down!

Interestingly mainstream bookies not offfering relegation odds.

If you were so inclined and prepared to deposit a large amount of money on Betfair you could make some cash by LAYING us at 24/1 which IS bonkers bearing in mind it IS virtually impossible for us to be relegated.
On the plus side on 15:31 - Jul 13 with 1760 viewskensalriser

It's almost like we've seen an end of season collapse before and could see another coming.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

On the plus side on 18:07 - Jul 13 with 1659 viewsR_from_afar

Luckily for me, I didn't see the last game but I pity any of you that did.

FFP is largely at fault for our ongoing issues because we struggle to bring in players of the requisite quality, loan players don't usually develop much of a connection with the club and to a certain extent, nor do the home grown ones because they know that at the moment, if they start to do well and decent money is offered for them, we will sell them.

Everyone is just passing through. The same goes for most of our recent managers; they are not usually given much time to build a squad to challenge for promotion and the expectations are often unrealistic given the playing budget and talent at their disposal.

The club is just a transit point for players and managers at the moment and I don't think that will change in the near future, what with the virus compounding the choke hold of FFP. That said, good things are happening in that we are - finally - making progress on the infrastructure front, we are managing to develop good players, the club has more of a soul and we are doing great work with the community.

However, in spite of how difficult it is to forge that connection between player and club at the moment, anyone who puts that shirt on should at least be trying. It's their job and by most people's standards, they are being paid handsomely to do it. By all accounts, some of them, especially Kakay, are putting in the required effort, but they all should be.

I can forgive lack of talent, I can forgive lack of experience, but I can't forgive lack of effort, it's simply unacceptable.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

On the plus side on 19:32 - Jul 13 with 1606 viewsRangersDave

seemingly its a year in , year out thing nowadays mate.

I'm lucky, i've seen Rangers at Wembley twice, seen Dave, Stan and Gerry play for England at wembley.

I've seen the best team i've ever seen play and get robbed by the cheating scousers

I was in the away end at Hillsborough for that day

I've seen Rangers rip european teams a new one

Was at Highbury for the 'in off the knee' goal

However, i really, truthfully and openly to all my Rangers friends out there, doubt i will ever see a Wembley final , or a good cup run in both cups, or european football or even play in the league above us (with a modicum of success) again in my life time.

It makes me sad, but i say this...... it is what it is........they are my club and will be till my last breath, no matter what we do as a club, no matter who's in charge..... they are my team, my QPR!

Fcuk the rest, we are the superhoopsaaaaaah!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

On the plus side on 21:20 - Jul 13 with 1543 viewsMatch82

I'm not sure what's unacceptable about the scenario of being mathematically safe with three games to go?
It's good, no? Appreciate that level of concern varies by person but I've had zero concerns about relegation since March.

Apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong person but I believe you were one of a number of people worrying if we'd get to 50 points this year and that we had to do that ASAP. We reached 50 points with 8 games to go, which I'd say is a very acceptable scenario.

I do completely agree that the performances post-lockdown have been a disgrace and THAT is unacceptable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024