Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 99218 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:16 - Oct 15 with 2152 viewsLblock

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:17 - Oct 15 by ted_hendrix

Said Benrahma having a medical at WHU.

Benrahma has agreed personal terms on a five-year contract ahead of a potential £30m move to the London Stadium.

£30 bloody million, seriously??

I’m annoyed about this as it reinforces my view we got worked over on the Eze deal.
My personal view is that Eze is better than this fella and will have a longer career at the top table.

It also annoys me that Bentford are so skilled at extracting these fees.

Clearly clubs like Wet Spam are starting to panic and when they do that the chequebook comes out with silly fees agreed.

Let’s hope the Hammers need a hard working midfielder at left back who is defensively suspect but brilliant going forward...... if so £8mill should do it!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:23 - Oct 15 with 2121 viewsfrancisbowles

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:16 - Oct 15 by Lblock

I’m annoyed about this as it reinforces my view we got worked over on the Eze deal.
My personal view is that Eze is better than this fella and will have a longer career at the top table.

It also annoys me that Bentford are so skilled at extracting these fees.

Clearly clubs like Wet Spam are starting to panic and when they do that the chequebook comes out with silly fees agreed.

Let’s hope the Hammers need a hard working midfielder at left back who is defensively suspect but brilliant going forward...... if so £8mill should do it!!

We are relative newcomers to this 'game', Brentford have been at it for years. They were under no pressure to sell. We were, in order to finance the acquisitions we have since made.

Hopefully, we can get better as time goes on.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:11 - Oct 15 with 1976 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:23 - Oct 15 by francisbowles

We are relative newcomers to this 'game', Brentford have been at it for years. They were under no pressure to sell. We were, in order to finance the acquisitions we have since made.

Yep. That extra 10m would have been nice but now imagine the position we'd be in today without the 6/7 most recent acquisitions and everyone resistant to selling on the last day. Worse options, more expensive, no bedding in... fools gold.

Brentford are in a more mature situation that allows them to capitalise on big strokes of fortune. West Ham couldn't scrape the money together for Eze last month but now they're flailing around spending double what they got for Diangana just to replace him.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:12]
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:19 - Oct 15 with 1953 viewswood_hoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:11 - Oct 15 by rsonist

Yep. That extra 10m would have been nice but now imagine the position we'd be in today without the 6/7 most recent acquisitions and everyone resistant to selling on the last day. Worse options, more expensive, no bedding in... fools gold.

Brentford are in a more mature situation that allows them to capitalise on big strokes of fortune. West Ham couldn't scrape the money together for Eze last month but now they're flailing around spending double what they got for Diangana just to replace him.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:12]

Have to agree. Eze was sold at the right price at the right time for us, this time.

I somehow doubt it is £30 million on the nose, probably a few clauses built in that it reaches that point only if certain conditions are met.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:21 - Oct 15 with 1942 viewsrsonist

Goes without saying this has the makings of an absolute disaster at West Ham. Diangana and Felipe Anderson out, reiterated with individualist dckhead player on big fee and wages they don't really have, undermines Moyes who doesn't really want him, steps on Bowen's toes... tick tock....
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:26 - Oct 15 with 1920 viewsrsonist

The good news is that Brentford already had a ton of money. Doesn't make any difference to solving promotion now.

Kinda think when you get so close to "the promised land" that there's nothing left to do but to do it, all the laws of time and space and wise football administration physics warp like in the event horizon of a black hole. Or maybe more accurately like in Event Horizon the film...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:27 - Oct 15 with 1893 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:23 - Oct 15 by francisbowles

It’s about recruitment and getting lucky a few times.Eze 20 mill Benrahma 30 mill they were the best bids that were accepted.Who’s the better player?id just say they are both excellent if Eze had played for us would we have got more money?who knows.We do need the money not desperate as we sold Watkins but we do spend a lot more than some think 30 mill last window and around 15 mill in this one with some high wages,
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 1882 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:21 - Oct 15 by rsonist

Goes without saying this has the makings of an absolute disaster at West Ham. Diangana and Felipe Anderson out, reiterated with individualist dckhead player on big fee and wages they don't really have, undermines Moyes who doesn't really want him, steps on Bowen's toes... tick tock....

Would love West Ham to go down.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:39 - Oct 15 with 1845 viewssimmo

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:27 - Oct 15 by switchingcode

It’s about recruitment and getting lucky a few times.Eze 20 mill Benrahma 30 mill they were the best bids that were accepted.Who’s the better player?id just say they are both excellent if Eze had played for us would we have got more money?who knows.We do need the money not desperate as we sold Watkins but we do spend a lot more than some think 30 mill last window and around 15 mill in this one with some high wages,

Eze is the better player - plays more positions, works harder, has come through and looked good at QPR with their mental ways and wild changes from Olly to Schteve to Warbz, he has the resilience and memories of rejection fuelling him and a hundred other things. Benhrama is brilliant, make no mistake, but an out and out inverted winger in a team that's set up for him to exclsively do what he's good at and nothing more? Choosing the better player is Eze...

We also got a higher bid, from WBA I believe, but the Palace deal made the most sense for all parties and meant, as other have pointed out, that we got the money in with enough time to use it.

Eze also doesn't make fckin awful videos about getting haircuts and wearing watches. It should be case closed on that alone.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 1779 viewsted_hendrix

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:19 - Oct 15 by wood_hoop

Have to agree. Eze was sold at the right price at the right time for us, this time.

I somehow doubt it is £30 million on the nose, probably a few clauses built in that it reaches that point only if certain conditions are met.

Well like I said Mr Wood *£30 bloody million, seriously??*

I remember Trevor Francis being the first £1 million pound player and thinking then this is lunacy.
Well nowadays it's even more financially mental, I can take on board that WHU will be paying the fee over a length of time but under current you know what restrictions they have little or no income from the ground coming in with little or no sign of that changing anytime soon.
One hell of a big financial risk if you ask me.

In other matters Eze is better than Benrahma due to the fact that Benrahma is extremely ugly.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:58 - Oct 15 with 1768 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:39 - Oct 15 by simmo

Eze is the better player - plays more positions, works harder, has come through and looked good at QPR with their mental ways and wild changes from Olly to Schteve to Warbz, he has the resilience and memories of rejection fuelling him and a hundred other things. Benhrama is brilliant, make no mistake, but an out and out inverted winger in a team that's set up for him to exclsively do what he's good at and nothing more? Choosing the better player is Eze...

We also got a higher bid, from WBA I believe, but the Palace deal made the most sense for all parties and meant, as other have pointed out, that we got the money in with enough time to use it.

Eze also doesn't make fckin awful videos about getting haircuts and wearing watches. It should be case closed on that alone.

Won’t argue with any of that,my point was we got more for Benrahma was because that’s what someone offered not because we have some skill in getting top dollar.I think the West Brom offer was not benificial to the players agent or the selling club on how it was structured.I have met Eze and he’s a great lad was living in Brentford not sure if he still is and a big mate of Josh DaSilva.As for how players behave outside of football couldn’t give a toss these days as they don’t seem to hang around long enough to bother about.I was sorry to see Watkins go as he is a nice lad and very hard to replace but also pleased for him and think he will go on to play for his country.Benrahma is a magical player at times and have some great memories but won’t be sorry to see him go.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:24 - Oct 16 with 1493 viewsted_hendrix

QPR are looking to add 'one more' signing before this afternoon's 5pm transfer deadline, manager Mark Warburton has said.

He told West London Sport: “We’re looking for one more if the right deal can be done. A lot of work is going on right now to secure one more.

“We want to get one or two of our young talents out to keep them developing as well. It sounds great to have them on the bench but we want to make sure they keep playing and keep developing, which is vital for them.”

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:30 - Oct 16 with 1487 viewsTheChef

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 by ted_hendrix

I remember Trevor Francis being the first £1 million pound player and thinking then this is lunacy.
Well nowadays it's even more financially mental, I can take on board that WHU will be paying the fee over a length of time but under current you know what restrictions they have little or no income from the ground coming in with little or no sign of that changing anytime soon.

In other matters Eze is better than Benrahma due to the fact that Benrahma is extremely ugly.

Modern day football has no basis in reality - might as well be monopoly money or numbers on a screen.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:59 - Oct 16 with 1394 viewsMyke

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 by ted_hendrix

Going to be the ultimate definition of pendanticism, by offering the view that Francis was sold for £999,999 to AVOID being the first £1M player - or was that someone else? Francis proved good value anyway, scoring the winning goal in the European Cup final, what year? 80? 81?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:22 - Oct 16 with 1325 viewsterryb

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:59 - Oct 16 by Myke

Going to be the ultimate definition of pendanticism, by offering the view that Francis was sold for £999,999 to AVOID being the first £1M player - or was that someone else? Francis proved good value anyway, scoring the winning goal in the European Cup final, what year? 80? 81?

It was Jimmy Greaves or Denis Law that were transferred for £99,999 to stop them becoming the first one hundred thousand pound transfer. Both came back to England after failing to make an impression in Italy.

I don't know about Francis, but he is always referred to as the first one million pound player.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 1294 viewsted_hendrix

QPR forward Paul Smyth is set to join Charlton on loan for the rest of the season, reports West London Sport.

The Northern Ireland international spent last season on loan at another League One side, Wycombe, and made 13 league starts.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:27 - Oct 16 with 1303 viewsloftboy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:26 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

QPR forward Paul Smyth is set to join Charlton on loan for the rest of the season, reports West London Sport.

The Northern Ireland international spent last season on loan at another League One side, Wycombe, and made 13 league starts.

We are apparently in negotiations to bring one more in today

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:35 - Oct 16 with 1262 viewsNorthernr

Derby loan Jack Marriott to Sheff Wed and replace him with 34 yo Colin Kazim Richards.

Never have understood Derby's aversion to Marriott. Would happily have him here.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:51 - Oct 16 with 1223 viewsfrancisbowles

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:22 - Oct 16 by terryb

It was Jimmy Greaves or Denis Law that were transferred for £99,999 to stop them becoming the first one hundred thousand pound transfer. Both came back to England after failing to make an impression in Italy.

I don't know about Francis, but he is always referred to as the first one million pound player.

Yes Terry it was Greaves. Law was £115,000 if memory, from reading all those football books as a kid, still serves me.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:12 - Oct 16 with 1186 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:16 - Oct 16 with 1164 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:12 - Oct 16 by rsonist

Yeh, Championship is in no position to be asking for a bail out. Some really stupid stuff gone on.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:20 - Oct 16 with 1153 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:35 - Oct 16 by Northernr

Derby loan Jack Marriott to Sheff Wed and replace him with 34 yo Colin Kazim Richards.

Never have understood Derby's aversion to Marriott. Would happily have him here.

Seems SWFC have also succeeded in loaning Flint. What with Izzy Brown too I don't think these loans are coming cheap. There was talk they had offered to take on 25k of Kenneth Zohore's 40k a week contract at WBA but it still wasn't enough.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:25 - Oct 16 with 1135 viewsrsonist

I guess another way of looking at it is the new wage cap has made the possibility of relegation to L1 go from very very bad to catastrophic for some. Now we have desperate mania at both ends of the table.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:26 - Oct 16 with 1129 viewsNorthernr

Barry Douglas going to Blackburn is a tidy signing. Quite a few players I like in their squad now.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:46 - Oct 16 with 1071 viewsMaggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:20 - Oct 16 by rsonist

Seems SWFC have also succeeded in loaning Flint. What with Izzy Brown too I don't think these loans are coming cheap. There was talk they had offered to take on 25k of Kenneth Zohore's 40k a week contract at WBA but it still wasn't enough.

Looks like Zohore may go to Millwall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024