Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 99225 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:49 - Oct 6 with 2631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:29 - Oct 6 by daveB

Hughton will get that squad promoted, no doubt about it

That was my first reaction too. Mind you, he's only ever had two promotions and has never won a cup, so not sure if my high regard for him is fully justified or part-sentimental as I like his personality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:06 - Oct 6 with 2584 viewsdaveB

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:49 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

That was my first reaction too. Mind you, he's only ever had two promotions and has never won a cup, so not sure if my high regard for him is fully justified or part-sentimental as I like his personality.

I think he's had 3 promotions, Norwich, Newcastle and Brighton although I might be wrong on Norwich can't remember if he took them up or took over when they were in the prem and too lazy to look it up
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:14 - Oct 6 with 2555 viewsqueensparker

Notable that all the fans of Norwich, Brighton and the Toon all still seem to have a lot of time for him, which suggests he’s a very good manager.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:34 - Oct 6 with 2520 viewsterryb

I don't think any of their players care enough for that to happen.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:56 - Oct 6 with 2490 viewsNorthernr

I'm torn. You'd think that wouldn't you but they're such an absolute train wreck. They've now got the thick end of 20 senior players there not involved, and the window closes next week, it doesn't smack of a happy, promotable camp does it?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:35 - Oct 6 with 2410 viewskensalriser

He'll need to get a crack on, they're already 12 points off the pace!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:45 - Oct 6 with 2392 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good points, Norf and Kensal.

-12 off the top two with a -12 scoring difference as well.

And would you trust a huge squad in the Play-Offs if it came to that?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:01 - Oct 6 with 2342 viewsderbyhoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:56 - Oct 6 by Northernr

I'm torn. You'd think that wouldn't you but they're such an absolute train wreck. They've now got the thick end of 20 senior players there not involved, and the window closes next week, it doesn't smack of a happy, promotable camp does it?

One of the hardest things about football management is keeping the players happy, especially the ones who aren't playing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:04 - Oct 6 with 2336 viewsdaveB

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:56 - Oct 6 by Northernr

oh it won't be easy but he's a good manager and I think he'll get the best out of them, it's not a great league again this year and with so many games in a short period of time a few wins and they'll be in the playoff picture. if they stick with him he'll get them up either this year or next.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:25 - Oct 6 with 2307 viewsSuffolkHoop

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:04 - Oct 6 by daveB

oh it won't be easy but he's a good manager and I think he'll get the best out of them, it's not a great league again this year and with so many games in a short period of time a few wins and they'll be in the playoff picture. if they stick with him he'll get them up either this year or next.

What makes you think they'll stick with him?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:50 - Oct 6 with 2266 viewsMyke

I think, if memory serves, Roy Keane did something similar a few seasons ago with Sunderland. Lost their first few games (not sure how many) under the guidance of his best buddy Niall Quinn, then Keane came in and I think they went up automatically, maybe even as champs?
(I know I should check my facts, but it's late/can't be bothered)
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 01:15 - Oct 7 with 2187 viewsrsonist

I love that their Wikipedia has sections for First team, First team out on loan, and then just "Other players under contract"...

Looking at the squad though and tbh I don't think it's actually as much of a mess as it might seem. The first XI and subs pick themselves without too much controversy, and then there's about 5-8 excess I'd say - manageable, with another window's culling.

Course if they ever did go up with this lot they'd get absolutely blitzed - everyone out on their ear and £150m trolley dash guaranteed. Probably Hughton too within a month or two.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 01:24 - Oct 7 with 2180 viewsQPR_Jim

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 01:15 - Oct 7 by rsonist

I love that their Wikipedia has sections for First team, First team out on loan, and then just "Other players under contract"...

Looking at the squad though and tbh I don't think it's actually as much of a mess as it might seem. The first XI and subs pick themselves without too much controversy, and then there's about 5-8 excess I'd say - manageable, with another window's culling.

Course if they ever did go up with this lot they'd get absolutely blitzed - everyone out on their ear and £150m trolley dash guaranteed. Probably Hughton too within a month or two.

Imagine the cost of promotion for such a large and expensively assembled squad. There's probably eye watering amounts of promotion bonuses, pay rises and transfer fee add ons.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 1991 viewsPinnerPaul

15th favourites at 14/1, so some money to be made there if you're right Dave!

We're 20/1 btw
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:56 - Oct 7 with 1911 viewsLongsufferingR

Putting money on them to get promoted would mean wanting them to. I don't so I can't.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:48 - Oct 7 with 1857 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:29 - Oct 6 by hantssi

Apparently 15 permanent managers since 2011!
As said above, makes us look like a model of restraint and sanity!

They also let Lamouchi hire four new assistant coaches six weeks ago...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:50 - Oct 7 with 1750 viewsMaggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:26 - Oct 6 by Northernr

Preusmably Hughton will be after "two or three" of his own before the window closes?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:06 - Oct 7 with 1715 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:50 - Oct 7 by Maggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:57 - Oct 7 with 1642 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:06 - Oct 7 by Northernr

Funny enough I was going to say yesterday as a joke that he’d try to sign Knockaert. Wish I had now.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:45 - Oct 7 with 1547 viewsNewBee

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:57 - Oct 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Funny enough I was going to say yesterday as a joke that he’d try to sign Knockaert. Wish I had now.

Was that a Knock Knock joke?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:39 - Oct 7 with 1471 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:45 - Oct 7 by NewBee

Was that a Knock Knock joke?

Hughton's there?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:53 - Oct 12 with 1246 viewstkqpr

WHU & Sheffield United are keen on Ben Davies, but the £10million asking price was scaring the Blades off.

This is Ben Davis from PNE who is out of contract at the end of the season apparently and PNE want £10m!?!?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:17 - Oct 15 with 1039 viewsted_hendrix

Said Benrahma having a medical at WHU.

Benrahma has agreed personal terms on a five-year contract ahead of a potential £30m move to the London Stadium.

£30 bloody million, seriously??

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:41 - Oct 15 with 993 viewsDavieQPR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:06 - Oct 6 by daveB

I think he's had 3 promotions, Norwich, Newcastle and Brighton although I might be wrong on Norwich can't remember if he took them up or took over when they were in the prem and too lazy to look it up

Championship with Newcastle. Runners up with Brighton. Nothing with Norwich and was sacked by them.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:43 - Oct 15 with 984 viewsaston_hoop

Colin Kazim-Richards joining Wayne Rooney FC. He must be ancient by now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024