Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many do we need? 07:35 - Jul 26 with 4434 viewsGloucs_R

GK is just the 6 pro keepers enough 🙄
LB or is everyone happy with Wallace and Niko?
RB or is everyone happy with Kakay and Kane?
CB, assuming BFG does go. That leaves Masterson and Barbet, with Cameron and Wallace as back up.
DM need another? Ball and Cameron.
AM to replace Eze.
RW to replace BOS. Not sure Shodipo is good enough.
LW Chair? Replacement for Pugh?
CF x 2? The Danish lad plus two others.

Poll: Are we staying up?

How many do we need? on 12:21 - Jul 26 with 990 viewsed_83

How many do we need? on 11:18 - Jul 26 by DavieQPR

The club kept very quiet about transfer targets last year so I expect a few surprises again. Would think about 3 in, plus replacements for any sold, plus about 4 loans. Any guesses on the surprise players? Mine would be Clarke back on loan if BOS and Eze go. There has got to be a reason Spurs paid £10m for him.

In terms of surprise signings, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see Grant Hall come back. Seems like leaving was a purely financial decision, but I can’t imagine many teams will pay him much more than we’ve offered in the current financial climate given his injury record, or offer him any more playing time than we would. He was happy here by all accounts, club captain, got a young family... if the choice ends up being between rotting away on Nottingham Forest’s bench for a sliver more than we’d pay him, uprooting his kids to go to China or settling for a slightly lower wage than he’d hoped for with us, I reckon he might choose the latter.
How many do we need? on 12:37 - Jul 26 with 959 viewsPeterHucker

How many do we need? on 12:21 - Jul 26 by ed_83

In terms of surprise signings, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see Grant Hall come back. Seems like leaving was a purely financial decision, but I can’t imagine many teams will pay him much more than we’ve offered in the current financial climate given his injury record, or offer him any more playing time than we would. He was happy here by all accounts, club captain, got a young family... if the choice ends up being between rotting away on Nottingham Forest’s bench for a sliver more than we’d pay him, uprooting his kids to go to China or settling for a slightly lower wage than he’d hoped for with us, I reckon he might choose the latter.

Who is Hutchinson mentioned above as training with us?
How many do we need? on 12:43 - Jul 26 with 944 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How many do we need? on 08:59 - Jul 26 by Gloucs_R

I think our record since the restart shows that our squad is nowhere near good enough for the championship. So without a doubt we have to add a number of new players.

What about our record prior to the restart with exactly same players?
How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 893 viewsHunterhoop

How many do we need? on 12:37 - Jul 26 by PeterHucker

Who is Hutchinson mentioned above as training with us?

Sam Hutchinson, previously at Wednesday. Came up through Chelsea’s system. A few years back he was considered one of the best central midfielders in the league, but injuries and a loss of form meant he practically disappeared.
How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 892 viewspaulparker

My spurs mate reckons they will sign Eze for 12 million with Amos going to us permanently along with Oliver skipp & troy parrot coming in on season loans

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 by paulparker

My spurs mate reckons they will sign Eze for 12 million with Amos going to us permanently along with Oliver skipp & troy parrot coming in on season loans

Does he have solid info or is this an educated guess by him, PP?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How many do we need? on 13:33 - Jul 26 with 882 viewsHunterhoop

How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I hope it’s a pretty uneducated guess. That is a bad deal for us. Cannot see that happening.

FWIW, and to fuel the rumour mill, from a friend of a friend supposedly in the know, it’s Sheff Utd for £25m.
How many do we need? on 14:08 - Jul 26 with 835 viewskensalriser

I think it'll be 3-5 in at most, depending on who else goes. Aren't we still trimming the squad?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

How many do we need? on 14:14 - Jul 26 with 826 viewspaulparker

How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Nothing solid just talk from the ITK crowd at spurs , apprantley we have a “special relationship” with them , might make some sense as we did Loan 2 of their players last season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How many do we need? on 14:15 - Jul 26 with 824 viewspaulparker

How many do we need? on 13:29 - Jul 26 by Hunterhoop

Sam Hutchinson, previously at Wednesday. Came up through Chelsea’s system. A few years back he was considered one of the best central midfielders in the league, but injuries and a loss of form meant he practically disappeared.

Yeah I called this a few months ago that this was happening

How many do we need? on 14:42 - Jul 26 with 789 viewsGloucs_R

How many do we need? on 12:43 - Jul 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

What about our record prior to the restart with exactly same players?

We lost Rangel, Hugill, Pugh and Hall over that period. We then looked awful and lightweight.

How many do we need? on 14:49 - Jul 26 with 777 viewsMatch82

How many do we need? on 10:09 - Jul 26 by Hunterhoop

- 1-2 CB, depending on Leistner
- 1 x LB, depending on Manning

- 2 x CM
- 1 x winger (assuming both Eze and BOS go)

- 2 x CF

That would be the bare minimum.

You could add a RB, another CB, another CM, another winger, and another forward.

But i’m not sure we can afford that indulgence. Also, given out youth set up producing players now, i’d Rather we use what salary space we have available to sign fewer better players than lots of average ones.

If we agree going to be a team focused on bringing your players through I'm ok with a little less squad depth than we have had previously (when it's been necessary because of our lack of a youth system)

3 CBs, 1 LB and 1 RB plus young backup will do me as a minimum for defence and I count Masterson as one of those three now.

We have two defensive midfielders under contract already and I think Chair can play in the attacking role.

Do need a left winger and do need a striker. Other than that it's less what we NEED and more how we can improve the quality
How many do we need? on 15:01 - Jul 26 with 751 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How many do we need? on 14:14 - Jul 26 by paulparker

Nothing solid just talk from the ITK crowd at spurs , apprantley we have a “special relationship” with them , might make some sense as we did Loan 2 of their players last season

Ok, thanks PP.

How many do we need? on 15:03 - Jul 26 with 746 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How many do we need? on 14:42 - Jul 26 by Gloucs_R

We lost Rangel, Hugill, Pugh and Hall over that period. We then looked awful and lightweight.

Yes but rallied well for the last three games.

I do agree that we need nips and tucks though, Gloucs, but I think some of the young lads showed that it needn't be major surgery.

How many do we need? on 15:26 - Jul 26 with 711 viewsNorthernr

It's not only what we need, it's also what we can realistically get in during the time frame. Season is seven weeks away, transfer window stretches about 10 games deep into that season for us, so we're not going to be able to wait and see until the end of the window quite as much as we have in some recent summers. We'll have to prioritise, both with the money and the time, so you may think Lumley and Kelly are sub standard and need replacing but they're probably not a priority compared to, say, a centre back to go with Barbet and a centre forward to replace Hugill.
How many do we need? on 15:30 - Jul 26 with 704 viewsderbyhoop

Depends who we sell.
Eze and BOS going is almost nailed on. The question is how much will they fetch. Not so clear about Manning and whether there is a real interest. I wouldn't be surprised to see DIeng go, as we cannot hold 3-5 keepers of similar age.

Major areas are CB and strike force.
Leistner won't be back leaving us with Barbet, Masterson and the untested Gubbins. Wallace and Cameron can fill in , but it won't be enough.
Even if Amos returns on a permanent and Smyth comes back firing, we look short of quality in CM, once Eze goes. Are we going to be dependant on one of the youngsters stepping straight into Championship level, e.g. Bettache.
Up front, Moore would be a useful import and I wouldn't mind seeing Hugill returning. I don't think Oteh is going to be good enough and Ramkilde is an unknown quantity.

Anywhere else it's a case of can we recruit better than we already have on the books. As much as we'd like to /need to put our trust in youth, it's a hard league in which to learn the trade.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

How many do we need? on 15:49 - Jul 26 with 687 viewsGloucs_R

How many do we need? on 15:03 - Jul 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes but rallied well for the last three games.

I do agree that we need nips and tucks though, Gloucs, but I think some of the young lads showed that it needn't be major surgery.

I don't share your optimism. I think we need 6-8 new faces to become a top 10 team, which is where we should be looking at finishing.

How many do we need? on 15:55 - Jul 26 with 672 viewsBlue_Castello

How many do we need? on 13:33 - Jul 26 by Hunterhoop

I hope it’s a pretty uneducated guess. That is a bad deal for us. Cannot see that happening.

FWIW, and to fuel the rumour mill, from a friend of a friend supposedly in the know, it’s Sheff Utd for £25m.

Totally agree that's a crap deal we need to take as much money as possible from the sale and then start doing deals, unlike some I actually think Amos will eventually come good but he's still a long way off and I would only take him on loan again.

The deal I would really like us to consider is loaning Freeman from Sheffield United, he's not getting anywhere near the first team now and reading somebody's post on here the other day he's not adverse to making a return. I know there's a thought process that says never go back just move forward but he's the ideal replacement when our star player leaves for big money, obviously we can't afford all his wages but maybe a deal could be brokered.
How many do we need? on 16:01 - Jul 26 with 653 viewsEsox_Lucius

How many do we need? on 08:59 - Jul 26 by davman

Depends on the criteria you set.

GKs not great, but can't be a priority.
RBs - K&K will do (again not overly impressed by Kane though). Could do with a utility player that offers an option here.
LB - although always injured, we did buy Wallace for this position, so he should be good enough. Not sure anyone is convinced by Nico, seeing as he was left out of the post lockdown squad, so maybe a backup needed?
CB - at least two, ironically one like Leistner still a must for me. We HAVE to stop getting bullied, especially at set pieces.
Wingers - BOS goes, Chair moves more central to replace Eze,. Shodipo has to be considered good enough to step up, but I still reckon we'll two down to cover the season - is Bettache good enough to be one of them, or is he better off going on loan? The latter for me, so two there.
CMs - Ball and Cameron. We can't rely on Cameron for a season, so at least two here too.
Strikers - Ramkilde will have to be considered ; Oteh not looking like he is up to Standard. At least two there too.

Regrettably, that's 8 if one can be found to fill in at RB. (this assumes BOS, Eze and Manning go).

The thing is, I can't see the club bringing another 8 in.

Never dull here, is it?

Niko was left out because he was ineligible.

The grass is always greener.

How many do we need? on 16:03 - Jul 26 with 651 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How many do we need? on 15:49 - Jul 26 by Gloucs_R

I don't share your optimism. I think we need 6-8 new faces to become a top 10 team, which is where we should be looking at finishing.

We're not far off. I think 3-4, plus replacing those outgoing (if and when they go).

How many do we need? on 16:05 - Jul 26 with 646 viewsEsox_Lucius

How many do we need? on 15:55 - Jul 26 by Blue_Castello

Totally agree that's a crap deal we need to take as much money as possible from the sale and then start doing deals, unlike some I actually think Amos will eventually come good but he's still a long way off and I would only take him on loan again.

The deal I would really like us to consider is loaning Freeman from Sheffield United, he's not getting anywhere near the first team now and reading somebody's post on here the other day he's not adverse to making a return. I know there's a thought process that says never go back just move forward but he's the ideal replacement when our star player leaves for big money, obviously we can't afford all his wages but maybe a deal could be brokered.

That would put him in direct competition with Ilias Chair & Faisal Bettache, both of whom are QPR players. We can't improve them if they aren't playing.

The grass is always greener.

How many do we need? on 16:31 - Jul 26 with 620 viewsBlue_Castello

How many do we need? on 16:05 - Jul 26 by Esox_Lucius

That would put him in direct competition with Ilias Chair & Faisal Bettache, both of whom are QPR players. We can't improve them if they aren't playing.

Yup you are not wrong there Chair is a class player and will undoubtedly go on to a higher level , whether Battache can make the grade only time will tell. The Championship is an incredibly tough division and we need to build a squad with the right blend of youth and experience in a similar fashion to the way Warburton handled the transfers last Summer.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Freeman but we need some experienced heads to compliment the youth, I actually think Chair and Freeman could work together in the same way Eze linked up, it's about having a squad that can cope with 46 games, it would also give time for Bettache to be gradually introduced.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 16:33]
How many do we need? on 17:38 - Jul 26 with 555 viewsBoston

How many do we need? on 09:30 - Jul 26 by Gloucs_R

Sorry Brian.... We have to sell all 3 now. None will sign a new contract.

If we don't sell Eze now, he'll be worth half this time next year, with only a year left.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 10:40]

Buy one get one free?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How many do we need? on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 547 viewsGloucs_R

Still not sure what Chairs best position is. Hope he matures as a left winger.

Same for Smyth coming back. Hope he turns into a great right winger.

But we've been in a position where we hope players will shine and it's rarely happened.

Depends what we want as a club. To continuously flirt with relegation or to push on up the league.

At the moment my strong XI would be...(minus those likely to leave)

Lumley (would like to see Dieng get some time)
Kakay / Masterson / Barbet / Wallace
Ball / Cameron
Shodipo / Smyth / Chair
Ramkilde

That's weak, no matter how optimistic you are.

Left back looks weak, Wallace always injured and Niki with little experience.
Cameron won't get more than 25 games in a season
The attacking 4 look so weak compared to Eze, BOS, Hugill / Wells.
Then our bench has little experience at any level.
So yep, 6-8 for me.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 17:54]

How many do we need? on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 542 viewsDavieQPR

Still think most of the ins will be ex U23s from Prem clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024