Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foden and Greenwood sent home! 14:09 - Sep 7 with 5015 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54055249

Allegedly snuck a couple of girls into their hotel!

K-nobs!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:26 - Sep 7 with 1320 viewsPhildo

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:00 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

No need to be so touchy!

Of course they are idiots for exposing their partners and kids, but no more than anyone else. My issue isn’t with what they’ve done, it’s with our predictable over the top reaction to it.

I’d even suggest that it’s not beyond possibility that Cricket and Rugby League players might have snuck out for a bit of how’s your father against COVID recommendations but no one gives a fck because only a fraction of the world even know who the players are.

Let the law deal with them and forgo the trial by media for once.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 16:00]

Joffra Archer got the same in cricket although he just visited his flat rather than a bit of an off shore bunk up

Boris and the violinist however....
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:27 - Sep 7 with 1317 viewsPaddyhoops

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 14:33 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Imagine that.

Two good looking wealthy lads in their early twenties bringing women back to their hotel.

Burn them.

Foden, wealthy but good looking??
He reminds me Rowan Atkinson in the first series of Blackadder.
Mrs Mertons famous line " what attracted to multi millionaire, Paul Daniels" comes to mind.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:27 - Sep 7 with 1317 viewsblacky200

The thing is it's more than just two young lads having a bit of fun. Forgetting about one of them having a partner for a moment. If they hadn't been caught out they could of easily spread Covid to team mates who could of easily passed it on to their home teams (who are playing friendlies against lower league teams) and families. The Premier league (and possibly lower league teams) could of had to shut down before it even starts. There is millions at stake here so it is not just a bit of fun and something not to get too upset about.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:28 - Sep 7 with 1315 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:23 - Sep 7 by ngbqpr

As a fellow leftie...I can't strictly agree with you on this one...Jofra Archer springs to mind, suspended tho he literally just slipped home to an empty house for an hour.

It’s not a Left / Right thing to be honest it’s a comment about the media’s interpretation of what a Public interest story is, and the Nation’s usual but misplaced outrage about it.

We shouldn’t be on Joffrey Archer’s case either in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 16:29]
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:32 - Sep 7 with 1287 views2Thomas2Bowles

As for Foden's wife is it? she should divorce him on the grounds of adultery,, take half his money and house and get maintenance for the kid.

Clearly a wrongun. like JT
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 16:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:32 - Sep 7 with 1291 viewsJamesB1979

As a fellow leftie...I can't strictly agree with you on this one...Jofra Archer springs to mind, suspended tho he literally just slipped home to an empty house for an hour.

Was thinking the same. Also Jofra had been in the cricket bubble for a month I think. I also give him a little more wriggle room as he’s won a World Cup. And like said above, he only went to his flat. Shouldn’t have done it of course.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 1170 viewskensalriser

Certainly not going to take a moralising stance as what people do consensually behind closed doors is a matter for a person and their partner, but it can't be too much to ask of players that they keep it in their pants while on duty representing their country. And I can't imagine they don't all get training/advice on this kind of stuff.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 1168 viewsdaveB

They are both absolute idiots, when you think about the work that goes into getting these games played, they have a game tomorrow and all they have to do is stay in their hotel for a few days like the rest of the squad, if they want to go off shagging they can do that when they get home. Piss poor from the pair of them
Login to get fewer ads

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:25 - Sep 7 with 1167 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I've seen 2 videos. The first is of a young lass in the street talking to a boy on her mobile phone. The second is of Greenwood and Foden in their hotel room tapping away on their mobile phones. You don't even get to see who's filming. Hardly x-rated stuff and certainly not worthy of some of the allegations being made (e.g. banging girls in their hotel room).
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:43 - Sep 7 with 1131 viewsDavieQPR

Do you actually believe he took the risk just to visit an empty house?
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:43 - Sep 7 with 1131 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 17:25 - Sep 7 by Benny_the_Ball

I've seen 2 videos. The first is of a young lass in the street talking to a boy on her mobile phone. The second is of Greenwood and Foden in their hotel room tapping away on their mobile phones. You don't even get to see who's filming. Hardly x-rated stuff and certainly not worthy of some of the allegations being made (e.g. banging girls in their hotel room).

Almost as if no one knows what really happened at this point, but still feel confident in calling them shit husbands and fathers 🤷‍♂️
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 18:37 - Sep 7 with 1054 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Humankind is genetically hardwired to replicate the same mistakes as before.

The death rate among 20-somethings in the last pandemic was disproportionately higher than other age groups. Again, youthful naivety a key source causing ongoing infections.

Just wait until the big Avian virus comes in a few years....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:03 - Sep 7 with 1028 viewsJuzzie

Yoof are always going to do what yoof wanna do.

News reports this morning that infection rates in London going up and mainly in the 18-30 age group. Driving through Clapham, Wandsworth, Putney on Saturday night and the pubs and bars were rammed. Not a mask or any inkling of social distancing in sight and all in the sub-30 age group.

Just hope they don’t visit their gran or grandad and kill them.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:35 - Sep 7 with 953 viewsDWQPR

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 16:28 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s not a Left / Right thing to be honest it’s a comment about the media’s interpretation of what a Public interest story is, and the Nation’s usual but misplaced outrage about it.

We shouldn’t be on Joffrey Archer’s case either in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 16:29]

Didn’t Joffrey Archer get put away for perjury and too much short pitched bowling?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:37 - Sep 7 with 941 viewsNoDiddley

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:03 - Sep 7 by Juzzie

Yoof are always going to do what yoof wanna do.

News reports this morning that infection rates in London going up and mainly in the 18-30 age group. Driving through Clapham, Wandsworth, Putney on Saturday night and the pubs and bars were rammed. Not a mask or any inkling of social distancing in sight and all in the sub-30 age group.

Just hope they don’t visit their gran or grandad and kill them.

At last someone talks some sense
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:46 - Sep 7 with 918 viewspaulparker

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 15:39 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dunno, seems like another excuse for angry Middle England to lose their rag at the modern world again.

In the grand scheme of COVID related misdeeds, this is no more sensational that what happened in the Bigg Market or Camden this weekend.

We are only reading about it because the two idiots that did it are high profile.

Idiots? Yes
Worth the usual inflated outrage? Nah.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 15:43]

The point is they are there doing a job, they are not there for a jolly
It’s the same as going to a work conference and inviting call girls back to your hotel room
Pretty stupid behaviour considering your new to the England set up trying to prove yourself all they have done is basically put themselves out of a squad for tournament football in the future for world cups , why would a manager trust you if you can’t go 2 days without having some muff
Anything could have happened to them imagine on the eve of a World Cup semi finals and they have two birds in their rooms and the very next day the woman accuse them of rape
Southgate has done the right thing sending them home and they shouldn't be near a squad for a very long time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:11 - Sep 7 with 880 viewseastside_r

Storm in a teacup.

The salient point is they 'burst' the bubble, so would have to be excluded whatever the reason. It could have been nipping out for a pint or going to see some geyser but it happened to involve a couple of young women.

If there hadn't been Covid restrictions this would have been dealt with in house, I'm sure.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:30 - Sep 7 with 846 viewsbakerloo8

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 15:39 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dunno, seems like another excuse for angry Middle England to lose their rag at the modern world again.

In the grand scheme of COVID related misdeeds, this is no more sensational that what happened in the Bigg Market or Camden this weekend.

We are only reading about it because the two idiots that did it are high profile.

Idiots? Yes
Worth the usual inflated outrage? Nah.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 15:43]

Yeh it's all Middle Englands fault.

Do you ever read the tripe you write?

Only one person has mentioned burning them and that's you. These 2 plebs have been booted out the England squad and rightly so, they've acted like massive pricks, not people selected to represent their nation. They're getting stick and rightly so.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 844 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 19:46 - Sep 7 by paulparker

The point is they are there doing a job, they are not there for a jolly
It’s the same as going to a work conference and inviting call girls back to your hotel room
Pretty stupid behaviour considering your new to the England set up trying to prove yourself all they have done is basically put themselves out of a squad for tournament football in the future for world cups , why would a manager trust you if you can’t go 2 days without having some muff
Anything could have happened to them imagine on the eve of a World Cup semi finals and they have two birds in their rooms and the very next day the woman accuse them of rape
Southgate has done the right thing sending them home and they shouldn't be near a squad for a very long time

There is almost no similarities between this case and your example.

1) These women weren’t call girls as far as anyone knows
2) People have sex / invite women up to their room all the time without consequence
3) Debauchery at a conference in 99% of cases won’t be spread all over the tabloids.

Otherwise I agree it was stupid, but if we ban these two from future participation we (England) are cutting our noses off to spite our faces. I would have thought the embarrassment was lesson enough.

It is a hell of a leap to conjure up a semi final rape accusation scenario.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:36 - Sep 7 with 831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:30 - Sep 7 by bakerloo8

Yeh it's all Middle Englands fault.

Do you ever read the tripe you write?

Only one person has mentioned burning them and that's you. These 2 plebs have been booted out the England squad and rightly so, they've acted like massive pricks, not people selected to represent their nation. They're getting stick and rightly so.

You could not have provided a better example of I’m taking about if you tried.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:38 - Sep 7 with 821 viewsbakerloo8

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:36 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

You could not have provided a better example of I’m taking about if you tried.

Burn middle England. BURN!
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:45 - Sep 7 with 790 viewsMatch82

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:11 - Sep 7 by eastside_r

Storm in a teacup.

The salient point is they 'burst' the bubble, so would have to be excluded whatever the reason. It could have been nipping out for a pint or going to see some geyser but it happened to involve a couple of young women.

If there hadn't been Covid restrictions this would have been dealt with in house, I'm sure.

If there hadnt been covid restrictions what they did wouldn't have been against the rules though unless I'm missing something?

Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Was it completely avoidable, show a lack of respect for their team mates and country and demonstrate an inability to make the right decisions? Yes.

Right thing to send them home and make them miss the denmark game. Maybe that's enough punishment if they show appropriate remorse and ability to improve behavior
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:55 - Sep 7 with 766 viewseghamranger

Their Team managers won’t be happy either. It’s a trust issue and they are representing England.

These things happened years ago but with social media and mobile phones it can’t happen now. Dealt with correctly in my opinion because of the covid situation.

Love to be a fly on the wall in Fodens house and Man City are back in Europe now...
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:56 - Sep 7 with 766 viewsJuzzie

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:45 - Sep 7 by Match82

If there hadnt been covid restrictions what they did wouldn't have been against the rules though unless I'm missing something?

Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Was it completely avoidable, show a lack of respect for their team mates and country and demonstrate an inability to make the right decisions? Yes.

Right thing to send them home and make them miss the denmark game. Maybe that's enough punishment if they show appropriate remorse and ability to improve behavior

“If there hadnt been covid restrictions what they did wouldn't have been against the rules though unless I'm missing something?“

I think the thing you are missing is that there are covid restrictions and it was against the rules.
Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 21:09 - Sep 7 with 742 viewsMatch82

Foden and Greenwood sent home! on 20:56 - Sep 7 by Juzzie

“If there hadnt been covid restrictions what they did wouldn't have been against the rules though unless I'm missing something?“

I think the thing you are missing is that there are covid restrictions and it was against the rules.

Nope I get that and agree they should be punished. Was a response to the previous poster who said if there werent covid restrictions nobody would care.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024