Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ref 16:00 - Sep 30 with 6196 viewspaulhoop2

Due to a previous thread ( lee mason ) I have been thinking Of the worst ever referee I have seen live for me I have a unforgettable top 3 - Rob Styles , Andy Hall and Clives favourite Trevor Kettle ! Anyone else got a memorable ref ? On the flip side who was the best referee you have seen live involving rangers for me it’s Mark Clatenburgs play off semi against Wigan performance let the game flow really well etc also for me another 2 were Dermott Gallagher and Howard Webb

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 with 3149 viewsMaggsinho

Gurnham Singh in that Spurs game in the early nineties.

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 with 3147 viewscolinallcars

Reg Leafe
Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 with 3145 viewsqpr1976

(One of, if not the Worst)

Gurnham Singh

But Rob Styles a close 2nd if only for his arrogance & Teddy/Choccy Bar in love with himself....ness !

Uriah Rennie was pretty cr@p too.
Worst Ref on 16:05 - Sep 30 with 3140 viewsWokingR

I'm sorry to end your thread so quickly but there really is nothing more to say.
Worst Ref on 16:07 - Sep 30 with 3130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gurnham Singh - the single-worst reffing display I've ever seen.

We lost either 1-2 or 1-3. He sent off Macca, and got 98.97% of the decisions wrong. Approximately.

The POTY do was that night and players and fans were fuming for the first hour or so. Then Stan sauntered in with a beautiful woman on each arm, and we forgot our woes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Ref on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 3116 viewsW7Ranger

If memory serves me right, I think Clattenberg also reffed our play off semi v Oldham in 2003.

Must be one of our luckier refs!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:09]
Worst Ref on 16:15 - Sep 30 with 3101 viewsted_hendrix

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 by Maggsinho

This and nothing else comes close, Mother of bloody God that performance by Gurnham Singh that day was utterly and incredibly dreadful.
Left the ground in disbelief at the blokes blatant incompetency.

Thanks, brought back bloody nightmares.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Worst Ref on 16:16 - Sep 30 with 3094 viewsflynnbo

Walter Crossley was pretty good!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ref on 16:17 - Sep 30 with 3090 viewsloftboy

Keith Hackett must have awarded 100 penalties against us at old Trafford ( well it was a few)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst Ref on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 3064 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Ref on 16:17 - Sep 30 by loftboy

Keith Hackett must have awarded 100 penalties against us at old Trafford ( well it was a few)

Good call. It got so bad that we used to chant 'We Hate Hackett" for ages before games if he was the ref. Not if he wasn't, though. Which showed our restraint.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Ref on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 3059 viewsterryb

Worst Ref on 16:09 - Sep 30 by W7Ranger

If memory serves me right, I think Clattenberg also reffed our play off semi v Oldham in 2003.

Must be one of our luckier refs!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:09]

And at Hillsborough in 2004.

I would rate him alongside Graham Poll & Roger Kirkpatrick as our best refs. I admit that the opposition might have had some misgivings about Poll refereeing the club he supported!

To be fair, I can't remember Kirkpatrick being that good at our matches, but 50 years later i still rate him as the best I've seen & definitely the most entertaining!
Worst Ref on 16:27 - Sep 30 with 3054 viewsTheChef

Was Gurnam Singh just that one game?

Rob Styles was consistently awful, so I would say he was the worst.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Worst Ref on 16:32 - Sep 30 with 3038 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 16:27 - Sep 30 by TheChef

Was Gurnam Singh just that one game?

Rob Styles was consistently awful, so I would say he was the worst.

I can't remember all the games, but I think Styles sent off 5 QPR players over a couple of seasons. At Charlton in the cup (Karl Ready?), Wycombe away he sent 2 off (Bean? and Bircham?). Can't remember the other games.

If got so bad that didn't Ollie (or possibly Gerry late 90's/early 00's) or the Club write to the Football League to request he no longer officiates any future QPR fixtures??!! I could be miles off with that but I'm sure it happened.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:47]
Worst Ref on 16:36 - Sep 30 with 3029 viewsMaggsinho

Worst Ref on 16:32 - Sep 30 by W7Ranger

I can't remember all the games, but I think Styles sent off 5 QPR players over a couple of seasons. At Charlton in the cup (Karl Ready?), Wycombe away he sent 2 off (Bean? and Bircham?). Can't remember the other games.

If got so bad that didn't Ollie (or possibly Gerry late 90's/early 00's) or the Club write to the Football League to request he no longer officiates any future QPR fixtures??!! I could be miles off with that but I'm sure it happened.

Also sent Rob Steiner off at Fulham.
Worst Ref on 16:43 - Sep 30 with 3012 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 16:36 - Sep 30 by Maggsinho

Also sent Rob Steiner off at Fulham.

Aaahh yes remember that. Wasn't it a really obscure 2nd booking/sending off? For diving or something?
Worst Ref on 16:46 - Sep 30 with 3006 viewsQPRSteve

Best ref has to be the great Jack Taylor. A friend of mine once met him and Taylor told him he could not but love Rodney Marsh, even when he was diving in the penalty area.

The worst? There are so any they all blend Ito each other but Rob Styles does stand out.
Worst Ref on 16:48 - Sep 30 with 2996 viewsWatfordR

Yep Gurnham Singh. No one else even close in this category. Single handedly won that game for Spurs. Still feel myself getting worked up now just thinking about that game.

But Keith Hackett, I remember a game up at Anfield - might even have been a game where they won the League - giving them a penalty for a Danny Maddix challenge on John Barnes that was closer to the centre circle than the penalty area. I was still screaming at the sky at the injustice of giving them a free kick for what looked a perfectly decent challenge when I heard one of my mates shouting "PENALTY?????"

Useless cnt.
Worst Ref on 16:58 - Sep 30 with 2968 viewsDWQPR

For Gurnham Singh still to be recalled almost three decades ago for what was a display of refereeing which literally threw away the rule book. To put it another way had we had VAR at that time I suspect that we would still be playing the game. I took a Spuds supporting friend with me to that game and even with his lillywhite tinted eyes he just came out of the ground giggling and shaking his head knowing that Spurs had not only got away with murder but with genocide.

Was at Preston for the Trevor Kettle game and to be fair he was so bad that you just sat back in your seat and laughed at everything that he got wrong. But at least he was equally inept for both sides which softened the memories to a degree, and we didn't lose either. But he certainly ran Mr Singh a close second that day.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worst Ref on 17:16 - Sep 30 with 2937 viewsSnipper

Worst Ref on 16:17 - Sep 30 by loftboy

Keith Hackett refereed our FA Cup semi final vs West Brom at Highbury.
Worst Ref on 17:19 - Sep 30 with 2926 viewsStanisgod

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 by Maggsinho

😭😭😭

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Worst Ref on 17:24 - Sep 30 with 2916 viewsE17hoop

I thought we'd done this before:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/130901/worst-ref

Uriah Rennie gets my vote. He tried chatting my cousin up when she was 13.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Worst Ref on 17:37 - Sep 30 with 2892 viewsTonto

Another vote for Gurnham Singh. It took me weeks to calm down after that game.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Worst Ref on 17:39 - Sep 30 with 2891 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst Ref on 16:32 - Sep 30 by W7Ranger

I think Dowie once said managers in the championshi started marking him up - giving him high marks, so that he'd get promoted to the prem.

In the end, he got himself to being an ok, if profoundly dislikeable ref, but those early years he was a horror show. Not even popular with other refs, Styles.

Bare bones.

Worst Ref on 17:41 - Sep 30 with 2877 viewsbakerloo8

I'm in the Rob Styles camp here. Not only was he consistently good awful for us over the years he was also pizz poor in every other game I had the misfortune to see him ref.
Stuart Atwell seems to be the weakest of the current lot, hes God awful and miles out of his depth.

Best I'd say Clattenvurg. always thought he was top class whoever he reffed.
Worst Ref on 17:41 - Sep 30 with 2881 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd like to put a vote in for Andy Hall. If you were at QPR 0 Crewe 0 in our play off final season in 2003, you'll know what I mean.

The following week we had paul durkin, who was superb.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024